Thunder_Gooch

Released: Seeking the Master of Mo Pai: Adventures with John Chang by Jim McMillan

I just finished reading Magus of Java last night, and would be interested to hear more stories about John Chang . . . but, and maybe this is a can of worms best opened in another thread . . . I don't think the most important takeaway from Magus was belief in John Chang's 'powers' or lack thereof.

Magus concluded by reminding us (ten years ago, btw) that we as a species have come to a very important crossroads in our evolution. We are in the process of destroying our environment, and although many of us are aware of this, most of us aren't doing anything about it. Pretty soon, it will be too late to do anything but prepare to ride out the crash.

Our collective way of life is not sustainable and we need to collectively remedy that. Our collective karma for failure will probably be pretty stiff.

There is promise in the energy arts. Maybe even enough promise to someday transform our science and the way we use our technology. But first, and most imporantly, they have the ability to transform human consciousness to be more aware of the interconnectedness that most people are so blind to.

We don't need John Chang to teach us how to merge our yin and yang. We just need to fall in love with whatever practice we are fortunate enough to find and then work hard to build enough light within ourselves to share with the rest of the world in this hour of darkness. I think that is our calling as practitioners of these arts and stories like Magus of Java and Seeking the Master of Mo Pai simply strengthen my resolve to work hard at what I love.

• Like 1

This book should be aptly named: "The Crazy Rantings of a Delusional Whiny Little Girl, who was Given a Great Gift, But Lost Her Marbles When She Didn't Get to be "The One"."

Wow, what utter nonsense, lies, and delusions!! Never read a worse book than this. For those who knows John Chang and Mo Pai, what are written in this book are complete lies. No wonder the old masters did not allow the teachings of Mo Pai to be passed down to "Westerners". I can now truly appreciate the "wisdom" of the old masters of Mo Pai for this. Such disrespect to tradition, to his master, and to the teachings of Mo Pai.

Jim, you truly are a whiny little bi#@H!!

First of all how is this guy not banned?!!?

Second what are you mad that a round eye reached the 3rd level? its gotta hurt.

Jim gave over a decade of intense training to the the mo pai then got kicked out due to race. Dont forget a student has rights too. Jim is no longer apart of the mo pai so he has no obligation to it and i think that was made clear when he got kicked out for the color of his skin. So he is free to write about it.

What makes Jim qualified to teach chikung hmm lets think...OH YEAH HE'S 1 STEP AWAY FROM BEING A TAOIST IMMORTAL! HE WAS ALSO JOHN CHANG'S FIRST STUDENT TO REACH THE 3RD LEVEL!

Now compare Jim to any any other chikung teacher out there and Jim is still more powerful. Infact despite the mo pai's racist rules I think they shouldnt have kicked Jim out because now he is free from their hold.

Just some thoughts but then again what do i know im just some guy who practices chikung all day long :lol:

• Like 2

No wonder the old masters did not allow the teachings of Mo Pai to be passed down to "Westerners".

Out with the old!!!!

I think an important thing i got from the book is that those with bad intentions not only do not end up as some powerful monsters, they can't even stick to the training!!!

This is one of the things that irks me that the school isn't a bit more open, there are many westerners who are seriously committed to good practice who could open our world a lot more.

Edited by Ish

Seconding "tongkongson" to be banned or suspended, at least have some reason to your argument and even then no point in flaming.

I think an important thing i got from the book is that those with bad intentions not only do not end up as some powerful monsters, they can't even stick to the training!!!

This is one of the things that irks me that the school isn't a bit more open, there are many westerners who are seriously committed to good practice who could open our world a lot more.

I keep telling myself to ignore this thread yet I can't. What makes you think they want the Mo Pai open? It's clear (or should be clear enough) that this school is very secretive and picky with who they decide to choose.

1 in 4 Americans suffer from some kind of mental disorder and I would not be surprised if that figure is much higher. I don't think John Chang's master made a mistake in not allowing the path to be taught to Westerners.

• Like 3

Erm did I ever say THEY wanted the school more open?

Well its obvious John Chang did because he taught westerners.

Edit: Why are you so close minded about the whole affair, people with mental problems can and do kill themselves during everyday activities. At least the effects of incorrect practice can be monitored by a teacher.

John Chang would only teach those he sees fit.

Oh and it seems 99% of the chinese indonesians students dont even bother practicing!! The school is dying out so MAYBE time to try something new huh?

I really don't know what your problem is.

Edited by Ish

Erm did I ever say THEY wanted the school more open?

Well its obvious John Chang did because he taught westerners.

Edit: Why are you so close minded about the whole affair, people with mental problems can and do kill themselves during everyday activities. At least the effects of incorrect practice can be monitored by a teacher.

John Chang would only teach those he sees fit.

Oh and it seems 99% of the chinese indonesians students dont even bother practicing!! The school is dying out so MAYBE time to try something new huh?

I really don't know what your problem is.

Hi Ish,

Mantis is right ,John Chang was right that stopped all the westerners students.Also Tongsong is right as it concerns that part.

I am still waiting for the book so I have no clue what is written there. The only thing mentioned in this thread is smtng about a "demon".

I don't agree with the decision of Jim to teach because is a direct order of J.C.

From the other hand there are already so many out there ,(even in Facebook),that they are selling the level 1 around 300$.Jim is not a fraud,is a genuine nei kung practioner.From him you will have at least the original exersice.

There is a delicated point between I have the right and I don't have the right.Ethics use to be alwyays a point of view.

If we want to be fare,J.C,took a rather strange decision about the "westerners".If he was intending from the begining to do that ,he had to be clear that he will teach them untill a point and not to accept them as "indoor",students.A lot of people sacrifficed years of their life on a purpose .

A book is a welcome "gift" you can learn things from a differend point of view but till this moment nothin is written in this thread about the book.Only dogfights between the members....Somewhere J.C will smile...!!!!!!

Hi Ish,

Mantis is right ,John Chang was right that stopped all the westerners students.Also Tongsong is right as it concerns that part.

I am still waiting for the book so I have no clue what is written there. The only thing mentioned in this thread is smtng about a "demon".

I don't agree with the decision of Jim to teach because is a direct order of J.C.

From the other hand there are already so many out there ,(even in Facebook),that they are selling the level 1 around 300$.Jim is not a fraud,is a genuine nei kung practioner.From him you will have at least the original exersice.

There is a delicated point between I have the right and I don't have the right.Ethics use to be alwyays a point of view.

If we want to be fare,J.C,took a rather strange decision about the "westerners".If he was intending from the begining to do that ,he had to be clear that he will teach them untill a point and not to accept them as "indoor",students.A lot of people sacrifficed years of their life on a purpose .

A book is a welcome "gift" you can learn things from a differend point of view but till this moment nothin is written in this thread about the book.Only dogfights between the members....Somewhere J.C will smile...!!!!!!

I want to make clear that when I mean I would like the school to be more open this does NOT mean supporting western students spreading the teachings.

I mean from my perspective the decisions of the headmaster spirit are not good for the school itself.

Unless the spirit can see the future the school and knows it will not die due to it's commands!! This means someone apart from Sifu John Chang being able to attain level 4 within the Mo Pai.

It's nice to hear that contrary to what's said in the book that the Indonesian students are progressing... best to you tongkosong.

Another thing that made me raise my eyebrow when reading that book was the statement that other systems do not use Yin, only Yang. Based on my experience with Stillness-Movement, KAP and Fire Serpent Tantra that does not seem to be the case, just that perhaps other systems do not involve fusing Yin & Yang into a physically tangible ball ala Mo Pai.

It makes me more interested to learn what the differences are in other styles, how the Immortal Fetus relates to the fusion method in Mo Pai, etc.

• Like 1

Another thing that made me raise my eyebrow when reading that book was the statement that other systems do not use Yin, only Yang. Based on my experience with Stillness-Movement, KAP and Fire Serpent Tantra that does not seem to be the case, just that perhaps other systems do not involve fusing Yin & Yang into a physically tangible ball ala Mo Pai.

It makes me more interested to learn what the differences are in other styles, how the Immortal Fetus relates to the fusion method in Mo Pai, etc.

You did StillMove, KAP, and FireSerpentTantra?

You still here?..

Yes...

You did StillMove, KAP, and FireSerpentTantra?

You still here?..

Still here? I'm not sure what ya mean.

I'm always hanging around the Taobums. :P Stillness-Movement is my main practice now, though I still do parts of the other systems I mentioned.

yes they use both types (micro and macrocosmic orbits) of circulation, although its absolutely different to whats written in the mainstream. It takes years to achieve and is incredibly difficult. Some students have been at it for 10-20years and still havent achieved success.

Ummm... thats bs my orbits opened as well as others after 2 months of Temple style training...

I mean mine is flowing right now as I type it flows all the time...

The Temple style as Master Waysun Liao teaches it works heavily with yin and yang chi, spiritual cultivation, and internal power.

• Like 1

Still here? I'm not sure what ya mean.

I'm always hanging around the Taobums. :P Stillness-Movement is my main practice now, though I still do parts of the other systems I mentioned.

Oh. Not TTBs. I meant, aren't you totally transfigured or something? Are you the same person you were starting out? (you don't have to say).

Dear tongosong,

This is a very interesting post that I believe should be analyzed.

Let's start witth the Title that you gave on it.

"The crazy rantings".... Name one.

Jim's book is full of typos and grammatical errors (I wonder if Jim has bothered to ask someone to proof-read the book). It is basically his rantings on everyone. He not only hated Sifu John Chang and the ancestor spirit, he also bad-mouthed Indonesian students (lazy, jealous of him), Kostas ( "the Greek guy" who only learned level 1 and 2 but yet somehow managed to write 2 books), Andreas (Dicky who never really trained and sabotaged him for Blair's 2nd video), scientists ( blinded evolutionists, and everything is viewed from that very biased and limited education. they also act as if they know it all), physicians, Wang Li Ping etc.

The book was also not well organized. He jumped from topic to topic without any obvious reasons. There are so many factual errors and misleading statements that most of them shouldn't be taken seriously.

Edited by Neikung
  • Like 3

Jim's book is full of typos and grammatical errors (I wonder if anyone has bothered to proof-read the book). It is basically his rantings on everyone. He not only hated Sifu John Chang and the ancestor spirit, he also bad-mouthed Indonesian students (lazy, jealous of him), Kostas ( "the Greek guy" who only learned level 1 and 2 but yet somehow managed to write 2 books), Andreas (Dicky who never really trained and sabotaged him for Blair's 2nd video), scientists ( blinded evolutionists, and everything is viewed from that very biased and limited education. they also act as if they know it all), physicians, Wang Li Ping etc.

The book was also not well organized. He jumped from topic to topic without any obvious reasons. There are so many factual errors and misleading statements that most of them shouldn't be taken seriously.

Well, I guess this is Jim's attempt to be a "credible" authority on Mo Pai, never mind that he's been kicked out of the school, not welcomed at John Chang's residence (they're just too polite to kick him out of the house), hated all the masters of Mo Pai, lied to everyone being lvl 3, and so on and so forth. A guy has to make a living, especially when he is selling his "expert knowledge of the Mo Pai training methods" for $300.

Ummm... thats bs my orbits opened as well as others after 2 months of Temple style training...

I mean mine is flowing right now as I type it flows all the time...

The Temple style as Master Waysun Liao teaches it works heavily with yin and yang chi, spiritual cultivation, and internal power.

Interesting, how do you know you truly opened it? What kinds of confirmatory signs did you experience?

For comparison's sake - here is what some people in Longmen Pai felt (generally after years of accumulated training)..

Neikung - What did Jim say about Wang Liping? :o:lol:

Edited by vortex

Interesting, how do you know you truly opened it? What kinds of confirmatory signs did you experience?

For comparison's sake - here is what some people in Longmen Pai felt (generally after years of accumulated training)..

Neikung - What did Jim say about Wang Liping? :o:lol:

Sounds like WLP transmits:-)

I don't know enough about it but it reminds me of various other transmitting teachers mentioned on here. Not the setting on fire things part though.