Thunder_Gooch

Released: Seeking the Master of Mo Pai: Adventures with John Chang by Jim McMillan

Interesting, how do you know you truly opened it? What kinds of confirmatory signs did you experience?

For comparison's sake - here is what some people in Longmen Pai felt (generally after years of accumulated training)..

Neikung - What did Jim say about Wang Liping? :o:lol:

He also says "After opening my Channel SHO, I realized all the books on Daoist cultivation, internal alchemy etc on the market are pretty much worthless, what they describe are so different from the actual thing. The contents of these books are mostly empty words or just speculations of the authors."

Imagine how many books he must have read to have read every book on the market. Sounds like he is the one doing the speculating in this regards.

Edited by Informer
  • Like 1

Well ill try to relate some of what I know about the MCO

When of the first things that the mco taught me was that with reverse breathing the mco flows form ldt up the back to the bai hui then back down to the ldt. But with normal breathing it flows backwards.

I also felt it flowing in both directions at the sametime but the major flow is by the breath pattern(reverse or normal).

What it felt like for me the first time my MCO opened? Well I first felt a jolt go up my spine to the base of the neck. Then it went up to my head and went back to my ldt. When it went to my lower dantian i could actually see the ball of my dantian like the mco found it. I didnt have to imagine in the general area I felt and seen the ball of my ldt. As my mco flowed my ldt got hot as well. I also felt very magentic. It felt like electrcity going up my spine and thru my body. I felt like i was getting electrocuted.

The mco is very important when it opens it spins all the the time. When the mco flows it increases the amount of chi that your system can hold and supplies a steady signal of inner power to every cell in your body. Then the true cultivation happens naturally.

Now it was about another 2 months till I seen a flash of brilliant light and some of the other stuff started to happen. Like I remember that at a certain point when i was condensing the chi in my ldt in my third eye I saw like a vacuum and an x whenever I did that meditation.

The macrocosmic orbit was like experiencing the electrocution in the spine but thru out the whole body.

it really cant be compared to WLP its 2 different types of training.

All i can tell you is the body that it left me with.

But the mco and macro orbits isnt all there is or the goal. The real goal is to tap into the orignal signal/power of the ldt. The mco and marco cosmic orbits is just the path that chi followed when you were being created in your mom's womb. once you have tapped into the true signal in the ldt it broadcast the orignal message of who are suppose to be in body in mind and the great perfection is attained. This signal heals you to such an extent that your internal power illuminates like it never has before. Now that you tapped into that original signal the real alchemy begins. For alchemy to happen you must first tap into this.

Here is the truth. When you do the mco your circulating chi in the path that your body developed to and from the ldt by doing this the signal going to and from your ldt is increasing this is done so it can wake up the real power of the original signal of the ldt so that it is awakened.

Once this power is tapped into you are healed from all the damage that you have acquired in your life. The dantian was the first cell created in the body and in this cell holds the memory of what you are suppose to be. Once this happens you are considered a real human for you are as you should be.

The truth is you are no where near as strong as you should be. No one is we lost the connection to the real power of our ldt.

Now you train to increase this signal.

I hope this is understood.

Jim said that he is money hungry.

From Jim's book: "one of the Western students that dropped out of the Mo Pai (translation: Verdesi) that went to China to find another master could actually be instrumental with why the “Almighty Buck” has helped contribute to replace the ancient way of doing things.

arrr yes Jim, who communicated with me a year or two ago because he wants to know about history of Mohism in China. He didn't sound like such a deranged and egoistic person in those emails. It's interesting how someone who doesn't understand Chinese nor his Master's first language, Indonesian, knows about the ancient way. It seems his understanding is that he should get whatever info he wants because that's that ancient way of doing things.

You know Jim, in the ancient way of doing, the disciple will devote everything to his Master, not just himself but everything he owns. Flying over to Indonesia once in a while to ply information out of your teacher is not devote. In the ancient way of doing thing, the student has no right to demand the teaching, if the teacher stopped teaching you, that's it and you don't go around and insult him and the ancestors to the first persons you met.

Ancestors worship is one of the most important aspect of Chinese culture that I haven't yet known to exist in other cultures, and I believe this is one reason why Chinese have preserved so much ancient knowledge. To insult the ancestor as a demon is an insult to the whole lineage. Jim, you should be glad Mopai people are doing things modern way now, because in the ancient way of doing things, you would have been crushed like a cockroach that you are for insulting Mopai Master and the Ancestors. You should be thankful your teacher and other students are still so kind to you.

Edited by Ken
  • Like 2

Hi everyone.

I just wanted to add my recollection that when Sean Denty first started talking about Verdesi's two Chinese "Lei Shan Dao" teachers, they were identified as a Sifu Jiang and a Sifu Luo. So I don't think Jim was necessarily bashing Wang Liping.

Also, I wanted to reiterate this:

it really cant be compared to WLP its 2 different types of training.

I think that there is only such a thing as the "true" microcosmic orbit within the context of a particular lineage, and so it would only be correct to ask whether someone has really opened the Channel SHO that Longmen practitioners speak of if that person is following the Longmen path.

Edited by Creation
  • Like 2

Upon reflection, I wanted to add that I'm sure there an objective notion of how much juice your ren and du meridians can carry.

I just get the impression from Ken's blog that the "Channel SHO" that is mentioned is something very specific to the Ling Bao alchemy methods.

I just wanted to add my recollection that when Sean Denty first started talking about Verdesi's two Chinese "Lei Shan Dao" teachers, they were identified as a Sifu Jiang and a Sifu Luo. So I don't think Jim was necessarily bashing Wang Liping.

As I recalled, Sifu Luo doesn't live in China. In addition, neither Jiang nor Luo has been doing "seminars at a grand scale lately".

Edited by Neikung

The mco has to be understood for what it is.

When you were in your mom's womb first cell that was created was your ldt then it moved up creating your spine then your arms and so on. This was the orignal purpose of the mco and marco.

If we developed correctly thru our lives the orbits would have never been closed. They were closed because we lost our connection to our ldt.

So now in taoist alchemy we try to get back to the source. So retain our prenatal essence and store chi in the ldt. Then once we have chi in the ldt we try to circulate our mco.

This is done so we can recreate the original internal environment so we can once again awaken the power that is still in that original cell in our ldt. So the mco is done and you got chi going from and returning from the ldt mimicking what the original cell did in us when we were in our mom's womb.

To properly tap into this original power you must recreate this environment and tune out and or remove every other signal and just listen to your ldt as your mco spins.

Your mind must be still, heart pure, energy pure, like a baby's.

The other part of making a diamond is removing all the extra coal around it so the diamond is revealed.

• Like 4

As I recalled, Sifu Luo doesn't live in China. In addition, neither Jiang nor Luo have been doing "seminars at a grand scale lately".

Is that so? Perhaps he did mean Wang Liping.

There are just so many claims that are endlessly repeated wherever Mo Pai or Verdesi are discussed. Many are of the form "This person said this thing about this other person". Others are stories about what some person did or saw, or hearsay about what someone did or saw. Some are factual claims, like the claim "Mo Pai is the only school that uses Yin Qi" that Enishi pointed out (at least this one is demonstrably false).

It makes my head spin trying to keep straight who said what and how likely it is to be true.

Rumors rumors rumors.

The irony is that I don't even care about Mo Pai or Verdesi. I am just a compulsive annalist, and I dislike seeing untrue statements spread around.

Edited by Creation

The truth is: if the school went public and the methods weren't secret, no one would really care at all anymore. People like drama...not practicing. :lol:

Is that so? Perhaps he did mean Wang Liping.

There are just so many claims that are endlessly repeated wherever Mo Pai or Verdesi are discussed. Many are of the form "This person said this thing about this other person". Others are stories about what some person did or saw, or hearsay about what someone did or saw. Some are factual claims, like the claim "Mo Pai is the only school that uses Yin Qi" that Enishi pointed out.

It makes my head spin trying to keep straight who said what and how likely it is to be true.

Rumors rumors rumors.

The irony is that I don't even care about Mo Pai or Verdesi. I am just a compulsive annalist.

Here are several more sentences from Jim's book which should remove any doubts that he was referring to Wang LiPing:

"I am specifically talking about one very high level teacher in China today who was given his training gratis from his three nomadic, high level teachers, according to a book that was written by two of his personal students. The book told about how the three teachers went on a journey around China and took on a single student to teach him all the knowledge of their chi system in order that it might be preserved... This man who spent much of his youth learning from his teachers, I have heard he now is charging enormous amounts of money. This is very upsetting news. What he was given freely to him, strictly for the preservation of lost knowledge, he now charges not only money, but huge sums of money."

The truth is: if the school went public and the methods weren't secret, no one would really care at all anymore. People like drama...not practicing. :lol:

The truth is most people making all the fuss in this thread wouldn't practice, at least not enough to make any progress. Some people will, people who probably shouldn't have this kind of power or ability in the first place.

• Like 1

I just finished reading Magus of Java last night, and would be interested to hear more stories about John Chang . . . but, and maybe this is a can of worms best opened in another thread . . . I don't think the most important takeaway from Magus was belief in John Chang's 'powers' or lack thereof.

Magus concluded by reminding us (ten years ago, btw) that we as a species have come to a very important crossroads in our evolution. We are in the process of destroying our environment, and although many of us are aware of this, most of us aren't doing anything about it. Pretty soon, it will be too late to do anything but prepare to ride out the crash.

Our collective way of life is not sustainable and we need to collectively remedy that. Our collective karma for failure will probably be pretty stiff.

There is promise in the energy arts. Maybe even enough promise to someday transform our science and the way we use our technology. But first, and most imporantly, they have the ability to transform human consciousness to be more aware of the interconnectedness that most people are so blind to.

We don't need John Chang to teach us how to merge our yin and yang. We just need to fall in love with whatever practice we are fortunate enough to find and then work hard to build enough light within ourselves to share with the rest of the world in this hour of darkness. I think that is our calling as practitioners of these arts and stories like Magus of Java and Seeking the Master of Mo Pai simply strengthen my resolve to work hard at what I love.

Greentiger I read your post and see that maybe some people understand so I decide to write.

I am from Greece and study with Danaos from 1996-2000. I am in the audience when John Chang visit Greece in 2002.

I am very angry that people criticize Danaos and include him with Jim, verdesi, others. They do not know the man.

greentiger, what you say is why Danaos write Magus of Java. We speak many times of this and I recommend him better not to publish anything about John Chang, but he disagree. He is study for PhD in physics at the time he is writing Magus and one advisor is Nobel laureate. He is hoping to bridge science of east and west. Danaos is very complex man - he can do many things very well. Also, he does not afraid of almost anything it seems - he is very outspoken always, always saying exactly what he thinks, always fighting for what he think is right. But I know that Magus of Java was not supposed to be Mo Pai book - is other person who is supposed to write Mo Pai book instead of Kostas. Kostas ask permission to write his own book and John say yes. So he put many of his own ideas in book. Also second book is concepts from history and physics, not for Mo Pai. Also titles of two books is not from Kostas.

I see Kostas together with John in May 2002. For sure John Chang look at him like member of family. I am very surprise when Kostas come back in September 2002 and say I no longer practice Mo Pai. When he explain, his own students don't believe him! They try to go to Indonesia - everyone want to be Kostas in Kostas place! But understand, Kostas was never "Kostas" in his mind - he is just looking for answers and speaking what he thinks is right. He want to find the primitive, he say, to find answers for future. This is his motto in Pammachon also.

I am study with him for four years. He never charge me any money or anyone else. He give treatment with acupuncture to many people and make healthy with no charge. Always this man give-give-give, always many people accuse and say bad things about him - but never to his face, of course.

When he write Magus book, there is no so much internet and no youtube. But he can see where the world is going and is very concern. Now everything he say is come true here in my Greece. But he never try to write Magus of Java for himself - always he is trying to do something to protect other people.

Anyway sorry for make trouble but I get very angry with Jim for saying bad things about Kostas from far away.

• Like 6

Oh. Not TTBs. I meant, aren't you totally transfigured or something? Are you the same person you were starting out? (you don't have to say).

Nah not transfigured yet, just much more blissful and laid back than I was several years ago. Also some improved sensing and ghost busting skills. :)

One mention of Verdesi in that book really caught my eye:

"He wasn‟t but just a beginner with some past experience prior when he began with nai gong. After he changed systems and a couple years later he claimed he accomplished the fourth level. However, what he neglected to say was that his fusion of the two energies actually didn‟t combine, but used the energy from several bulls that were transferred into him which only has a “temporary” effect and shortly dissipates within a few hours. He also neglected to mention that the dan tien has to be completely developed in order to permanently “hold” the full amount of yang when you need to combine the two energies in our system."

McMillan, Jim (2011-11-21). Seeking the Master of Mo Pai: Adventures with John Chang (Kindle Locations 3453-3457). Sailing Leaf Publishing. Kindle Edition.

Edited by Enishi
  • Like 1

Well first lets speak about what we awaken at the lower dantian.

well first let me explain something.

Jing can be used for internal power but that is not its original purpose. Jing helps to awaken the power at the lower ldt then you unite that spark to the source of all power the Tao.

now lets take inner power as we know of it today. Some have empty force some have jing. But very few have awakened the power at the ldt and achieved the great perfection.

I know nothing of cords needing to be cut or anything like that.

This is my opinion I may be completely wrong but if you want my opinion on the mo pai's internal alchemy theory. For me it becomes obvious if you look at it from a non internal power point of view and look at it more like taoist alchemy.

Meaning this all taoist alchemy strives to go back to the source. I think what the mo pai is doing when they reunite yin and yang chi the way they do it is to recreate what happened when the sperm and egg came together and thus wake up that point in the lower dantian.

Where as other methods try to mimic what that original cell did to wake it up.

Now the way the mo pai does it wakes it up and amplifies it at the same time.

In the temple style we awaken this spark then amplify it. I cant say if it is the same level of attainment or not for the methods are different.

All i can say for sure is that this spark exist in the ldt of everyone and there are various methods for waking it up. For those who tap into this will have the great perfection of body and mind.

Ive come close to tapping into this but personally I havent pierced the veil. for me what it felt like it was like all these circulations started happening at once and the my ldt started to bounce and I felt this different vibration i never felt before go out of my ldt and move up my spine. It was weird like it didnt even feel like my own vibration it was just something else. But I couldnt hold on to it and i lost it.

Edited by templetao
  • Like 3

Finally got the book,no comments yet,only that I have to change my profile name. It seems that I share the same name with a Demon....

Ok, I run through the book and for the moment I have some conclusions .

1) The book justifies it's title. Describes the adventures of a westerner student seeking the Mo Pai master.

2) if someone looks what I have written in the previous posts he will find that in some cases I am writing exactly what Jim is writing.That is a very important conclusion.That means that all the westerners had been given the same limited information about the system.thus I believe that J.C had decided to share only part information about Mo Pai .the only reason of that is and it's my personal conclusion is that everyone was under probation until his final decision.

At this point I have to make a clarification.J.C haver kicked out any student .He closed the door of Knowledge and he refused further training.The door of his house is always open for a tea.That 's making me smile at Jim's comment about how J.C. Is still socializing with some ex westerners students.

3) about his comments about the other westerners although anointed is his point of view. He passes more than a bitterness ,his writing with empathy. To be the first no Chinese student that doesn't mean he is better tnan the others or worse than the others.

4) The "God vs Demon " writing is again his point of view.

5) About the teaching style of J.C,I think that he never understood J.C as an instructor.Yes J.C was fathering each one of us but his style of training was " shut up and practice", the only time that he was becoming the real J.C,was when he was testing someone.In other worlds if J.C, was given to you the level 2 on personal,and then you are practicing wrong for one year it's your problem not his. The fathering of J.C had to do with the relation "human to human" and not " instructor to student".

Did I enjoy the book?Yes although it seems to me that it was written on hurry and somehow never checked before published for some uneaseserry information that was repeated except if it was for emfassising.

Tnx.

• Like 2

Well first lets speak about what we awaken at the lower dantian.

well first let me explain something.

Jing can be used for internal power but that is not its original purpose. Jing helps to awaken the power at the lower ldt then you unite that spark to the source of all power the Tao.

now lets take inner power as we know of it today. Some have empty force some have jing. But very few have awakened the power at the ldt and achieved the great perfection.

I know nothing of cords needing to be cut or anything like that.

This is my opinion I may be completely wrong but if you want my opinion on the mo pai's internal alchemy theory. For me it becomes obvious if you look at it from a non internal power point of view and look at it more like taoist alchemy.

Meaning this all taoist alchemy strives to go back to the source. I think what the mo pai is doing when they reunite yin and yang chi the way they do it is to recreate what happened when the sperm and egg came together and thus wake up that point in the lower dantian.

Where as other methods try to mimic what that original cell did to wake it up.

Now the way the mo pai does it wakes it up and amplifies it at the same time.

In the temple style we awaken this spark then amplify it. I cant say if it is the same level of attainment or not for the methods are different.

All i can say for sure is that this spark exist in the ldt of everyone and there are various methods for waking it up. For those who tap into this will have the great perfection of body and mind.

Ive come close to tapping into this but personally I havent pierced the veil. for me what it felt like it was like all these circulations started happening at once and the my ldt started to bounce and I felt this different vibration i never felt before go out of my ldt and move up my spine. It was weird like it didnt even feel like my own vibration it was just something else. But I couldnt hold on to it and i lost it.

Yes, simulating the pre-birth state would tap into the very potent, purifying & regenerative prenatal energies (while probably clearing the primal 8 extraordinary vessels).

And if you look at comparative spirituality - rebirth and resurrection are 2 common thematic milestones along our personal spiritual evolution.

- Eastern & global shamanic schools have the "small & great death" experiences...often eventually culminating in a final "jalus ascension."

- Christianity has a "born-again" symbolic rebirth through baptism & Jesus (allegedly) arose from the dead after 3 days..

Edited by vortex

arrr yes Jim, who communicated with me a year or two ago because he wants to know about history of Mohism in China. He didn't sound like such a deranged and egoistic person in those emails. It's interesting how someone who doesn't understand Chinese nor his Master's first language, Indonesian, knows about the ancient way. It seems his understanding is that he should get whatever info he wants because that's that ancient way of doing things.

You know Jim, in the ancient way of doing, the disciple will devote everything to his Master, not just himself but everything he owns. Flying over to Indonesia once in a while to ply information out of your teacher is not devote. In the ancient way of doing thing, the student has no right to demand the teaching, if the teacher stopped teaching you, that's it and you don't go around and insult him and the ancestors to the first persons you met.

Ancestors worship is one of the most important aspect of Chinese culture that I haven't yet known to exist in other cultures, and I believe this is one reason why Chinese have preserved so much ancient knowledge. To insult the ancestor as a demon is an insult to the whole lineage. Jim, you should be glad Mopai people are doing things modern way now, because in the ancient way of doing things, you would have been crushed like a cockroach that you are for insulting Mopai Master and the Ancestors. You should be thankful your teacher and other students are still so kind to you.

Jim, you should read carefully what Ken has to say here. I am sure most Mopai students would agree completely with these statements.

By keeping referring John Chang as Pak John, it is clear that you don't really understand Chinese or Indonesian culture.

It is also absurd for a student to continue demanding lessons, especially after all the hurtful and crazy statements that you have made. As Ken pointed out, by insulting the Mopai ancestors, you have doomed yourself in this lineage. Even IF another Mopai school exists in China (which I personally doubt), why would they take you as a student after reading this book?

• Like 2