Aaron

This will be the last week I'll be on for awhile...

Take good care of yourself Aaron :) , and please come back here ASAP to let us know how you are doing.

Sorry to hear of your temporary setback, Aaron. Please don't let this be a factor in determining your worth... Cherish all challenges as opportunities for greater things.

Many fabulous souls were once homeless as well. Jesus and Buddha never had a permanent shelter for themselves throughout their later lives. Found a list here of 'famous' individuals who have experienced homelessness at some point - http://www.angelfire.com/stars4/lists/homeless.html

Chin up, my friend. If you are badly stuck at any point, you could always look for retreat centers which sometimes offer shelter in exchange for voluntary work.

No dead-ends in life - this is my belief. Two Irish brothers i know of sadly did not see it this way. One took his own life in April, the other in September. Both were in their forties, business owners, had a good life, good home, and families with kids. Why??? Life has no guarantees... fundamentally, we can possess nothing, so in this sense, we are all homeless.

Wishing you peace, hope, and equanimity.

And much blessings to the cats too, may they be well.

Keep us posted when you can.

Aaron, you are such a balanced and strong presence here on this forum, my heart is broken that you won't be here for a while.

But I also know that you will rise to the top, just like cream, wherever you land. This may be one of the most incredible opportunities in your life; a total shake-up, and a willingness to leave your mind open for opportunity.

Just to stay in balance while this shift is going on, maybe a reread of the TTC or other tome of value to you might be a wonderful thing. My guess is that from your new perspective you will identify very much with the Sage. It will also give you a transcendence over what is going on in your life, so you won't feel so much like a stick in the ocean. Further develop and practice your sage-like mindset and you will see the Order in the things coming down the pike for you.

I'm going to do a ceremony for you right now for the balance to return to your life.

Love, Barb

I don´t want to sound like an asshole, but when you don´t even have food you have the right to take it by force. Never steal money when you become hopeless. Always steal food and share your contentment to spread the message of love and peace.

Never do destructive jobs for money either, like selling drugs or being a hitman or robber.

Edited by Everything

I'm currently spending the last money I have on a plane ticket for washington state so I can be closer to my family. Of course none of them have offered to let me stay with them, but they are still my family.
The prodigal son returns

After a lifetime on the run.

Truth be told..

You've been homeless your entire life.

Now welcome back!

Life is orchestrating a reconciliation and family healing here. I believe this phase is unavoidable as you start digging into the deeper recesses of your pain.. Oh boy, have fun! :D

Edited by vortex

Aaron, go to new york and help the protesters.

Sinfest: you are such a freaky little creep. Why are you so weird?

Thinking on multiple dimensions at once

__Badass_Plz___by_FelipeChoque.gif

Stay more on this side of the dimension. Especially if you´re using the keyboard of this dimension. Otherwise some crazy stuff will happen that non of us will be able to explain or understand. Like your written texts. :blink:

You know how, when dealing with energetics or bad crap, fiveelementtao (among others, but he, for me, stands out) likes to say "ask yourself why you are manifesting this".

When I read this:

Eh, I just can't figure out why do you want to be homeless

I thought of that.

Which, yeah, is kind of a dick thing to say.

But really... why DON'T we say that?

This conversation is okay:

"Oh, I'm feeling mentally out of it..."

"So why are you manifesting that?"

"Wow, you're so right, I should work on my mind..."

So why not this one:

"I'm having financial troubles..."

"Why are you manifesting that in your life?"

"I'm not sure..."

"You should work on behaviors to manifest wealth!"

I dunno. It seems to me like we can be all touchy feely in our manifesting when talking about.... well, touchy feely crap. But as soon as we start talking about something like financial destitution, incurable illness, the death of a loved one, etc, we forget the "you are making this in your life" line, and cut straight to the "oh I'm so sorry for you I hope things somehow turn out better for you by some power of divinity/coincidence of the universe etc etc etc etc".

But, I mean, if you REALLY thought you manifested stuff like that, then, well, you should stick to your guns.

[edit] Not to say that any one particular person or group of people around here thinks a certain way about a certain thing....

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

You know how, when dealing with energetics or bad crap, fiveelementtao (among others, but he, for me, stands out) likes to say "ask yourself why you are manifesting this".

When I read this:

I thought of that.

So why not this one:

"I'm not sure..."

I dunno. It seems to me like we can be all touchy feely in our manifesting when talking about.... well, touchy feely crap. But as soon as we start talking about something like financial destitution, incurable illness, the death of a loved one, etc, we forget the "you are making this in your life" line, and cut straight to the "oh I'm so sorry for you I hope things somehow turn out better for you by some power of divinity/coincidence of the universe etc etc etc etc".

But, I mean, if you REALLY thought you manifested stuff like that, then, well, you should stick to your guns.

Nah man, you've noticed it:-) You'll also notice I'm not always in agreement with every aspect of it (hence the 'talking stick' jibe to Manitou). But IMO/IME the 'job' is to understand on what level anything (anything at all) 'manifests'. IMO/IME it's one thing (sic) to establish oneself as a mental/physical/emotional causal agent and quite another to understand that, rather than the reverse (i.e. "everything happens to me" or "I do everything".) there is an interaction of some kind. And here, kindness to Manitou and 5ET for their attempts (and probable successes) in getting this stuff across. See also "Attribution theory" - go Google it;-) for a 'contemporary' take.

What about 'things' that are 'manifest' at different levels to which I am not privy? Since my attention is "elsewhere" (might also be termed 'ignorance' or 'denial' based on a different perspective, or 'seeing' what I cannot) where is the "manifestation"?

In other words, the world economy can be tanking despite me. And most likely in spite of me. See other thread where we discuss 'what to do':-)

Many levels :-)

Edited: Here's a few http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attribution_(psychology)

Edited by -K-

It is one thing to offer constructive direction for Aaron, it is another thing to be a dick about it.

You know, I was washing windows today and the thought occurred to me, Why did Aaron burn his hand? This too is a manifestation, although no doubt it was an accident. The synchronicity of the moment is something that wise ones throughout time have looked at to see the direction of a person or situation. It's odd synchronicity that Aaron should burn his hand and be rendered homeless at the same moment in time.

I know that once his hand stops burning and the Sage inside him regains his composure, Aaron will be blessed with total freedom. It might be time for him to pursue something more passionate in his life; in fact, to determine what his passion is. With his wisdom and his propensity for introspection, Aaron may be at a very fortunate point in his life indeed.

Also, I never did see the thread with the talking stick comment. Sorry I missed it.

The above post by Manitou reminded me of the song "Bobby McGhee".

"Freedom's just another word for nothing' left to lose:

Nothin' ain't worth nothin' but it's free."

Indeed, Aaron now has total freedom. He has nothing so he has nothing to lose. This can be called "a new beginning". I like to call it "the first day of the rest of a person's life".

The building of the greatest temple begins with the first bucket of dirt.

When I read this:

I thought of that.

So why not this one:

"I'm not sure..."

[edit] Not to say that any one particular person or group of people around here thinks a certain way about a certain thing....

I don´t think you want to manifest money in your life. I don´t think Twinner expressed any desire of money. Not that I noticed.

We can indeed manifest anything in our lifes. Use this power wisely.

Edited by Everything

Hello Folks,

First I want to thank K and Scotty for their kind offers of help, it is much appreciated. I will not say no, but I will say that at this time I am going to see what happens. I've been fortunate enough to push back eviction and utilities until the 13th, so I still have a little time left to try and get my bills paid. If at that time it doesn't happen, I will try and keep you informed. In the meantime I'm not waiting til the last minute to get things in order, so I've been packing up everything and once that's done I'm going to clean my apartment from top to bottom.

Anyways I can't stay online long, so I'm going to say once again thanks for all the kindness and compassion and just for the record, I have no desire for money, just a desire to do what I need to do.

Aaron

In the meantime I'm not waiting til the last minute to get things in order, so I've been packing up everything and once that's done I'm going to clean my apartment from top to bottom.

Aaron

I am impressed. Most people moving on leave a mess - especially those being evicted.

It is also good to not leave a mess for others to clean up when evicted from one's body.

Wishing you eternal spring :)

I am impressed. Most people moving on leave a mess - especially those being evicted.

It is also good to not leave a mess for others to clean up when evicted from one's body.

Wishing you eternal spring :)

This is the measure of Aaron's impeccability. Character is what we do when no one is looking. Aaron has a very nice future indeed.

Drifting in Washington sounds like it would be an interesting adventure. Soup kitchens and homeless shelters are in abundance everywhere it seems. Get a library card and use the internet there to logon here to tell us about it imo.

May the path be like water. :)

• Like 1

Haven't read all the posts so this may be redundant.

Aaron have you thought of Buddhist or other groups where you work in exchange for room and board

while following the dharma.

Haven't read all the posts so this may be redundant.

Aaron have you thought of Buddhist or other groups where you work in exchange for room and board

while following the dharma.

Hello Myth,

No one recommended this, so it isn't redundant. I have asked some local charities for help, but all of them were out of funds or those funds were only available to families with children. There are many people in need these days. Fortunately in these last few days I was able to find a little work, enough to help with the rent and pay my light bill. This will get me through this month, but the question I ask myself is how many more months will I have to live where I am at, on a month to month basis and whether it is wiser to move on to someplace else that might provide more opportunity? The answer for me is simple. The Sage does not leave the baggage cart. He knows that everything he needs is there. So even if I travel, lose all my possessions, and do end up homeless, everything I need is here with me.

People said I have a great deal of conviction, but that's not true, I just know that wherever I am, that is where I am, and nothing changes that. How can one suffer if he is warm, has food, and a safe place to sleep? Only if he believes that is not enough to live. If that is true, then I have to ask that man, whether he is living or dying?

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

You know, I was washing windows today and the thought occurred to me, Why did Aaron burn his hand? This too is a manifestation, although no doubt it was an accident. The synchronicity of the moment is something that wise ones throughout time have looked at to see the direction of a person or situation. It's odd synchronicity that Aaron should burn his hand and be rendered homeless at the same moment in time.

I know that once his hand stops burning and the Sage inside him regains his composure, Aaron will be blessed with total freedom. It might be time for him to pursue something more passionate in his life; in fact, to determine what his passion is. With his wisdom and his propensity for introspection, Aaron may be at a very fortunate point in his life indeed.

Also, I never did see the thread with the talking stick comment. Sorry I missed it.

Here's synchronicity for you. I got a few days of work and on the first day came down with the flu. I still worked, but I was very sick. Something I noticed is that sickness doesn't seem to hit me as hard these days, I got a fever and chills, which used to keep me in bed for days, but I worked, came home, fed my cats, swept my kitchen floor and lived my life. What I have learned is that suffering, even physical suffering, is as bad as it is, but we are the ones that choose how we behave while we suffer. Can I stop getting sick or hungry or tired, no, but I can choose how I react to those things. I suffer much less these days and it's not because I am physically stronger, but rather because I understand the nature of suffering. It is transient, even if it is terminal. I can choose to focus on suffering or living and I choose the latter.

Aaron

• Like 1

What I have learned is that suffering, even physical suffering, is as bad as it is,

but we are the ones that choose how we behave while we suffer.

Men do usual suffer more than women suffer when catching the flu :lol:

I wish you a quick recovery :)

burned hand, pending eviction worries, flu- that's three- so bad luck is done, free and clear for some good fortune. Wish you all the best.

burned hand, pending eviction worries, flu- that's three- so bad luck is done, free and clear for some good fortune. Wish you all the best.

Thank you Zanshin. I originally posted "We can only hope", but then I remembered that hope has nothing to do with this. Things change of their own accord. We can choose to take part of that change, to influence it through our own actions or we can allow things to happen without our interference. Many think that inaction is the natural way, but what I have begun to understand more clearly is that our actions are every bit as natural as the actions of the world, when they are done within the context of compassion. So what I "hope for" is that I will continue to be able to act in a compassionate way, to understand compassion with clarity, and help those who suffer in every way possible. If I do these things I believe that regardless of what happens, my life will be satisfactory.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner
  • Like 1