bodyoflight

The answer lies in the India/Nepal/Tibet Himalaya Regions afterall.. and definitely NOT in china/taiwan..

i am not saying the taoists are hung up on sex..

i am saying the modern taoists are hung up on sex!.. they engage in sexual practices before they tame their own minds!

a real master or a real enlightened practitioner can have sex everyday for 1 year and if he is deprived of a woman for the rest of his life, he wouldn't feel a thing!

how many of you right now, if you are denied sex for more than a year, will feel no mental and emotional distress?!

it is not the sex itself which is the problem.. it is the mental and emotional addictions to sex caused by the un-mastered mind and ego which are the problems!

btw the tibetan lamas do teach sexual cultivation methods too...

only, they train their minds first and they cut off their egos first before engaging in sexual spiritual practices..

http://www.amazon.com/Dalai-Lamas-Secret-Temple-Paintings/dp/0500510032/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1305612356&sr=8-2

so you wanna enjoy sex? cut off your ego first.. otherwise you have no right to engage in spiritual sexual practices!

Can the ego really be cut off?

Or should it be tamed instead?

New Mexico is a spiritual hotspot. I know plenty of caves body of light could crawl into. These are ancient ceremonial caves. Aside from a few friendly rattlesnakes, he should be fine. :lol:

Edited by ralis
  • Like 2

New Mexico is a spiritual hotspots. I know plenty of caves body of light could crawl into. These are ancient ceremonial caves. Aside from a few friendly rattlesnakes, he should be fine. :lol:

sounds great. if bol doesnt wanna visit, could i ?

Bodyoflight, I feel really sorry for you.

What you are saying is that you want to escape from life itself, instead of embracing it.

An extreme view like this, in the modern world, can only lead to heartache.

The 'problems' that you leave behind will be waiting for you in greater numbers when you 'return'.

How will you deal with them then, when your social skills will be severely lacking due to isolation in the mountains ?

The better cultivators are the ones who don't shy away from their responsibilities as human beings.

I am moving halfway across the world to live in the himalayan regions for the next 50 years of my life and I am going to train in that region, with or without a master, until I reach enlightenment..

[/b][/u]

hurry up and go. give us a report when you get there.

good luck

Good question. Given it's not a "thing" IMO/IME but a "structure". I think you can alter its structure.

And for those of you who claim that meditating for such a long time without food or water gives you nothing which can help you in life..

let me tell you a fact about spirituality..

only masters who have achieved much spiritual progress can go without food and water for long periods of time.. and i have not yet seen one single chinese master who achieve such similar feats..

hell, chinese masters can't even go without sex for long periods of time.. let alone food or water..

taoist practitioners are too driven by the baser animal impulses of life in order to achieve too much progress in spirituality!

just look at the number of sex-driven posts in this forum!

Well this does sum up your lack of ability to achieve the highest level of spirituality. But then again your mouth only speak words filled with hot air. Body of light or a body that still needs cultivation.

Edited by wingzero

The more one talks about the ego the bigger it grows. What we focus on feeds energy into it. Even if it doesnt really exist we can create a thought form that acts like what we think an ego is. People who spend a lot of time talking about the ego have a problem with their ego.

Instead focus on virtue. Feed virtue. Then one day you will find yourself wondering why does anybody even talk about the ego.

Practice gratefulness and generosity. That raises spiritual energy very quickly. :)

Edited by ShaktiMama
  • Like 1

look you all are neglecting something..

1) because of the number and skill level of the yogis in the himalayan regions,

even if the yogis refuse to teach you and you begin to train the basics on your own..

the energies left behind by past yogis (buddha boy, padmasambhava, shakyayumi buddha) doing their spiritual work will aid you on your spiritual training...

right now.. on this day 17/5/2010.. there are no other region on the face of this planet with higher spiritual energies than that of the himalayan regions..

training in the himalayan region, with or without a master, will grant you more returns per second of training than anywhere else on earth..

This is called "spiritual materialism". It's a deadly disease. You are chasing the external lights.

In any case, go to India, it's OK. Report back what you find. I hear many of the people there are snobs, exclusivists, and sometimes downright racists. Many Indians still believe in the caste system. Maybe I am wrong and you'll get lucky. Go.

2) also the sheer number of monasteries and gurus in the region guarantee you a higher possibility of finding the right master than in any other countries on the planet..

More is always better. Yes, that kind of thinking sounds familiar.

3) great people are those who exceed their role-models and masters but before exceeding them, first of all, you have to imitate them!..

You don't have to imitate anyone.

How many chinese or taiwanese masters can meditate for 6 days without food or water? Let alone 6 months or 6 years?

None I have seen so far..

Why da hell did I waste so much time in China and Taiwan?

No Chinese master will ever go as high as the Tibetan/Indian yogis..

I know personally 2 European women of which one eats nothing and another did it for 2 years in a meditation reterat,just drinking some milk .No big deal and these are very normal women/human beings.People are doing it all over the world .In my opinion there has to be at least semi balance on the Earth for the life to continue so there would be masters -as you call them everywhere.

I have also met a Indian hermit living in high Himalayas in some cave who didnt eat/drink as the river froze most of the winter(got a skill out of need)an spend most time in spiritual practises/mediation got some powers.Astral travel and similar.

But when functioning in physical world he was super messed up and dissorienteted.When me and my mate visited him whilst on the terk -at some point he put on ski boots :wacko: someone gave him on to go and pick some herbs(!) .And than spotted his hermit neighbour and start chasing him with the an axe.Later on within next 10 min we have discovered that this guy has serious emotional issues regardless of his continuus spiritual practise.Few months after he was taken down by police due to his violent behaviour.

Some hermit gossip ,food for thought.

Anyways Himalayas are very beutiful :).Gold is right people can be racist and snobbish AND sexist,but also some people Ive met there are the warmest and welcoming people ever.

Do what you feel you gotta do,not what you think you should do always works well.

• Like 1

Many Indians still believe in the caste system.

believing in caste system = believing in karma

:rolleyes:

The more one talks about the ego the bigger it grows. What we focus on feeds energy into it. Even if it doesnt really exist we can create a thought form that acts like what we think an ego is. People who spend a lot of time talking about the ego have a problem with their ego.

Instead focus on virtue. Feed virtue. Then one day you will find yourself wondering why does anybody even talk about the ego.

Practice gratefulness and generosity. That raises spiritual energy very quickly. :)

Nice! This makes sense to me.

believing in caste system = believing in karma

:rolleyes:

:lol:

Unfortunately those two views have been erroneously intertwined for a very long time. The theory of "karma" is used as a justification for the caste system.

You know were I am going? I am going to Tahiti. Seth Ananda, who I have a lot of faith in, says that his friend who has studied with Tahitian shamans says that he thought they had gotten further than any of the many indian, tibetan and chinese masters he had met. Ha said this was because when he loked in the eyes of the Tahitian shamans it looked as they were ambracing the whole universe whereas in teh eyes of the asian masters he did not see that. By the way tahiti is one of the worlds most sexually indulgent places. At least it used to be. Check out Seths posts to read about it.

Or you can consider comming to Oslo. My teacher spent for years in Tibetan monestaries and studied with the two Dzogchen masters that were considered the most advanced in Dzogchen in tibetan buddhism at the time. However, the woman who is now his teacher and whom he thinks is the only Buddha he has ever met lives in Oslo and does not teach formally only those she encounters in her life. He says that her vibration was significantly higher than that of any tibetan master he met and her aura differently coloured. He has sent tens of thousands of hours talking with her. He said that sometimes they talked for 16 hours a day. At the end of such days he would be drained but she would have more energy than at the begining and her vibration would have gotten even higher. I don`t think she has much siddhis and I think she is utterly uninterested in them. However, my teacher says she is the only one he has met that truly does not seem to feel any sense of seperationa and truly feels the suffering of others as his own. Norway has a small poppulation but she lived in Oslo which is a fairly big city. She was and is also married. She puts a lot of emphasis on embracing life completely like Tahitian shamans and would find your views escapist and motivated by fear and I think she would say anything buildt on fear is moving you in the wrong direction.

I don`t think I have met any woman that holds similar views as you but many men. I think that fact that your views are so exclusively male and has none of the views of the feminine in them is a clear indication that they are wrong because a view based only on yang or only on yin is imbalanced and never right. It is a good rule of thumb to aply as a check to ones thinking.

• Like 2

Unfortunately those two views have been erroneously intertwined for a very long time. The theory of "karma" is used as a justification for the caste system.

Only by people who don't understand karma.

• Like 2

I understand now..

true spiritual progress can only be achieved by rejecting everything.. i mean everything about the mundane world..

Or maybe accepting all there is for what it is... with your mind and body free of attachment to it.

When you are at total peace with your inner and outer world, you can cultivate at the heart of New York City.

Or you can go to Himalayas if you need help with that. It certainly helps.

Still, it's hard to keep your attainment if you only are able to preserve it by removing the influences of the outside world. Let them try to do it while expending yourself to the size of the universe while fucking a woman with an open heart, and I will be truly impressed. :)

• Like 1

There is no karma.

There is no universal justice whatsoever.

The universe is callous concerning everything.

Most people don't like the thought of being totally free. It makes them nervous. They are afraid of what they could become if they thought through to an end that they are free to do whatever they want in an callous universe. They prefer to follow rules and to be bonded to a system of rules.

The only cause & effect that exists is the one we learn about in physics. Only people judge people by their actions, the universe doesn't.

There is no effect coming back to you, you can do whatever you want.

No good karma for good deeds.

No bad karma for bad deeds.

Edited by Dorian Black

So you deny Cause and effect?

lol

Read my post and you know the answer.

There is cause and effect in physics.

Beliving in karma is like believing in heaven and hell, the christian god, santa claus or fairies.

It's only a belief without any substance or even proof to it.

It's only a belief to serve psychological needs...or to establish castes.

It's a belief to answer questions that have no answer..like: "Why is such a good woman so sick?" "Because she has bad karma from her previous life...I guess she was a bad person back then!"

NO, in truth it's because SHIT HAPPENS and because the universe DOESN'T CARE...at least not for individual fates!

Edited by Dorian Black
  • Like 3

Great to have you back! Also, karma is used as an excuse to create authoritarian systems and many other injustices. It is always the ones in power that make these types of proclamations.

• Like 2

Do you understand karma? Why not enlighten us.

Edited by ralis
  • Like 1

Great to have you back! Also, karma is used as an excuse to create authoritarian systems and many other injustices. It is always the ones in power that make these types of proclamations.

Well said! ^_^

Hey, someone prove me that karma is more than a belief/excuse/whatever, eh! I'm waiting... :glare:

Well said! ^_^

Hey, someone prove me that karma is more than a belief/excuse/whatever, eh! I'm waiting... :glare:

As Robert Anton Wilson so aptly stated, belief systems are bullshit. BS. :lol:

Karma is simply the chain of events that is set forth from actions and reactions, in life as in physics.

That's how I see it existing, maybe there is more to it.

• Like 1