bodyoflight

The answer lies in the India/Nepal/Tibet Himalaya Regions afterall.. and definitely NOT in china/taiwan..

Catholic nun Therese Neumann apparently didn't eat or drink for large portions of her life http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therese_Neumann

"According to Paramahansa Yogananda, Therese Neumann said during his visit: "One of the reasons I am here on earth today is to prove that man can live by God's invisible light, and not by food only."

Maybe you don't have to travel half the way across the world to find such people

Its quite astounding how easily the masses get swayed by notions and symbols which they think indicates 'the real mcCoy'. The willingness to step back a little, or at times forward a little, often reveals that which is obvious, but somehow overlooked.

If you have a lot of Yang, bugs will land on you and instantly fly off of you, because they get a zap. (I think that's why they fly off so fast) :)

Edited by Informer

I'm not sure what it is exactly that you're trying to find, but you haven't looked too deeply. Not that any of them are going to reveal themselves to you, but living off atmospheric energy, and ones internal energy, has been heard of for a long time in Taoism.

You say that Taoists are hung up on sex -- no, they just understand it and learn how to harness its power for other things. Some traditions are so controlled by sex they are afraid to even be around a woman for fear they will lose their way. What kind of self control is that? They can't even be around a woman without losing their virtues. Life is a gift to be enjoyed with wisdom, not hidden from. If you have control of yourself, sex is no more dangerous than a pack of matches. If you don't have control of yourself, sex can be harmful. We don't become spiritual by controlling our surroundings, but by knowing and cultivating our mind, body, and spirit to be connected with the Tao.

• Like 3

if you think you are so wise to make such bold claims after watching a vid on youtube that for all we know could be fake, you should really reconsider the processes you use to make rational conclusions

seriously for your own good man

Edited by alexandrov

I think you misread what I typed, please read it again!

Have a safe journey and I hope you find a good teacher! :)

Where do you live at? There are yogis all over, I am sure they could instruct you of the basic teachings before making a long and expensive journey to find a master.

As you already know, there is no garuntee that you will find a master to teach you. Especially probably not the basics or the culture.

there are yogis all over..

tis true

but..

the number of yogis in the himalayas alone..

plus the sheer skill level of the himalayan yogis far outshine the yogis found in any other regions..

the tibetans will teach anyone who display the required virtues..

they aren't mercenary like the chinese/taiwanese who mostly require money before teaching their students..

just check out master wang liping..

When you have reached enlightenment I will trust your judgement on this matter, until then you are just wandering around in the dark and could be going in completely the wrong direction

the middle way is only for the majority of earth humans who fail to reach the highest way ..

because they are trapped in the maras of marriage, sex, children, work and money..

buddha boy threw away everything.. he doesn't even care about having his family and friends around..

this is the true mark of spiritual dedication..

• Like 1

A high master can teleport to their students

and he will avoid every attempts to be found

if he not want to be found.

I see we are willing to go the way the high master provide

but is the high master willing to teach you?

Chinese have Bigu.

Buddha Siddharta was already with prophecy told to be something "big".

He could master in 17 years every art he encounter (as I remember),

while other in 17 years not even master one with same effort,he maybe someone who has in his past life already cultivate a lot.

You have to look who you are, great people are individuals who not

imitate others, only their fans do.

Q

look you all are neglecting something..

1) because of the number and skill level of the yogis in the himalayan regions,

even if the yogis refuse to teach you and you begin to train the basics on your own..

the energies left behind by past yogis (buddha boy, padmasambhava, shakyayumi buddha) doing their spiritual work will aid you on your spiritual training...

right now.. on this day 17/5/2010.. there are no other region on the face of this planet with higher spiritual energies than that of the himalayan regions..

training in the himalayan region, with or without a master, will grant you more returns per second of training than anywhere else on earth..

2) also the sheer number of monasteries and gurus in the region guarantee you a higher possibility of finding the right master than in any other countries on the planet..

3) great people are those who exceed their role-models and masters but before exceeding them, first of all, you have to imitate them!..

Stop seeking and the whole universe will be yours.

Nothing to give up and nothing to attain.

Everything is here, right now, all you need.

You must stop this endless quest. It will drive you insane (if it hasn't already :lol: )

yes stop seeking..

once i move to the himalaya region..

i will stop seeking..

even if i do not find a master in the himalayas, i will train on my own over there like what buddha and buddha boy did until i attain enlightenment..

everything is right here right now yes...

but some locations have more of everything than others!.. ;)

Edited by bodyoflight

And he realized that asceticism and sacrifice were not the way for him.

Perhaps it is the correct path for you currently.

Nevertheless, Buddha recognized the error of that path for him and instead advocated the middle way.

And you are certainly welcome to flaunt that belief on this forum, as far as I'm concerned, if it helps you in some way to reinforce your courage and conviction.

Why are you so concerned with how many others share your belief?

the middle way is only for those who fail to reach the highest way aka buddha boy..

buddha boy was only 14 years only when he decided to go into solitary meditation for 6 years..

how many of you who are older than him possess the spiritual clarity and maturity of thought to do the same?

shakyamuni buddha realize that there are people of vastly different spiritual faculties and potentials on earth.. this is why he taught different methods to different people..

for those who wanna attain a PHD in enlightenment, do you think primary school stuff like chop wood carry water is gonna be enough?

well there are of course plenty of those who wanna remain in primary school forever..

but whenever i think of buddha boy from now on..

whenever I realize how high a spiritual PHD doctor buddha boy is compared to so many people who are much older than him but who are still languishing in the primary schools..

i will always feel shame for those who are wasting their lives away chasing after women and money and not know it! despite being far older and supposedly more "mature" than a 14 year old kid!

• Like 1

here we go again. . . .

I have seen two such "masters" in China who lived without food and water for quite some time. One of my teachers has told me of two more, but I have not met them personally.

You have been to China, and the teachers refused you. That has nothing to do with the quality of instruction or enlightenment there. That has to do with who and where you are.

Good luck on your journey.

where is the proof then?

i have seen more than one documented cases of spiritual inedia from india but nothing from china..

the chinese do not teach me because they lack the ability to teach me!

so what does this tell me?

Edited by bodyoflight

Well, guys like Ram Bomjan are special cases that came into the world "gifted." He's been training since childhood and proved to be a spiritual prodigy.

He's been filmed standing in a fire for over an hour.

Mosquitos and other wild animals don't seem to bother him at all.

Etc, etc.

Ram-front.JPG

In short, I think you have to be born to live a life like this. The average person probably cannot develop these abilities post-Heaven without the pre-Heaven potential, even if he trains heavily. Or most certainly not if he only starts in late adulthood. Even a wilderness expert couldn't survive a week doing what Ram Bomjan does.

who determines who is a average person and who is a person with high-level potential?

are you god in disguise?

fact is, buddha boy, before going through his 6 years of meditation, everybody would think he is crazy when he said he is going into a 6 year period of solitary meditation..

no one would have believed a 14 year old boy could survive for 6 days without food and water let alone 6 years..

but after he has done it, now everyone is going around claiming he is the next buddha..

no human in the world can truly judge the level of spiritual potential in the next person..

but i can tell you right now ..

those who are trapped in the maras of women, money and entertainment.. those are likely to be the ones with low spiritual potential.. because they lack the spiritual willpower to break out of the mental trappings..

Catholic nun Therese Neumann apparently didn't eat or drink for large portions of her life http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Therese_Neumann

"According to Paramahansa Yogananda, Therese Neumann said during his visit: "One of the reasons I am here on earth today is to prove that man can live by God's invisible light, and not by food only."

Maybe you don't have to travel half the way across the world to "find" such people

who is Therese Neuman?

never heard of her and I don't care..

no, I am not travelling halfway across the world to find such people..

I am moving halfway across the world to live in the himalayan regions for the next 50 years of my life and I am going to train in that region, with or without a master, until I reach enlightenment..

just like what buddha boy did..

if a damn 14 year old boy can do this thing, then any of us who are older than him have a duty to ourselves to exceed his capabilities..

otherwise we are just shamefully wasting our lives away!

Edited by bodyoflight

I'm not sure what it is exactly that you're trying to find, but you haven't looked too deeply. Not that any of them are going to reveal themselves to you, but living off atmospheric energy, and ones internal energy, has been heard of for a long time in Taoism.

You say that Taoists are hung up on sex -- no, they just understand it and learn how to harness its power for other things. Some traditions are so controlled by sex they are afraid to even be around a woman for fear they will lose their way. What kind of self control is that? They can't even be around a woman without losing their virtues. Life is a gift to be enjoyed with wisdom, not hidden from. If you have control of yourself, sex is no more dangerous than a pack of matches. If you don't have control of yourself, sex can be harmful. We don't become spiritual by controlling our surroundings, but by knowing and cultivating our mind, body, and spirit to be connected with the Tao.

i am not saying the taoists are hung up on sex..

i am saying the modern taoists are hung up on sex!.. they engage in sexual practices before they tame their own minds!

a real master or a real enlightened practitioner can have sex everyday for 1 year and if he is deprived of a woman for the rest of his life, he wouldn't feel a thing!

how many of you right now, if you are denied sex for more than a year, will feel no mental and emotional distress?!

it is not the sex itself which is the problem.. it is the mental and emotional addictions to sex caused by the un-mastered mind and ego which are the problems!

btw the tibetan lamas do teach sexual cultivation methods too...

only, they train their minds first and they cut off their egos first before engaging in sexual spiritual practices..

http://www.amazon.com/Dalai-Lamas-Secret-Temple-Paintings/dp/0500510032/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1305612356&sr=8-2

so you wanna enjoy sex? cut off your ego first.. otherwise you have no right to engage in spiritual sexual practices!

Edited by bodyoflight

if you think you are so wise to make such bold claims after watching a vid on youtube that for all we know could be fake, you should really reconsider the processes you use to make rational conclusions

seriously for your own good man

oh yes continue to make such absurd claims that the youtube evidence is fake..

i like to see where you end up after your death!..

please continue to do so..

it ain't gonna stop me from moving to himalayas either way!

buddha boy threw away everything.. he doesn't even care about having his family and friends around..

this is the true mark of spiritual dedication..

For those of us who thought enlightenment was unlimited... well we've finally been set straight!

:P

Body of light,

What is your honest motivation for practicing and wanting enlightenment??? do you feel a deep yearning inside you for the divine? are you wanting to be a great guru?

Are you trying to fill a void inside you fuelled by lack of self-worth? be honest..

There are many paths, one size does not fit all.

Are you wanting to benefit yourself, or all beings including yourself, or just benefit other beings?

peace

Ed

You may think you have the answer; problem is what is the question? and more importantly, who is the one asking it?

i will always feel shame for those who are wasting their lives away chasing after women and money and not know it! despite being far older and supposedly more "mature" than a 14 year old kid!

You know very little about most folks in the world.

Why feel shame for the behavior of others?

Why feel shame for your assumptions of the behavior of others?

Who are you really feeling shame for?

Those same questions will be with you here and in the Himalayas.

If you need to be that far removed from money and women to concentrate on your development, that is fine.

Know that if you ever return, money and women will be waiting for you and still need reconciliation.

The real challenge is working on yourself in the face of your desires and vices.

Much easier to cultivate in a vacuum.

Good luck in your cultivation.

• Like 6

Beware of 'protesting too much'. Have a plan, be prepared, go for it. Beware of getting to clingy and preachy, you may be creating attachments, strong ones. When your going to do something hard, you quiet your mind and do it. When you don't, you toss it around, argue w/ people; get self righteous instead get going.

You never write about any practice or discipline you do. Instead its on things and places you haven't experienced. So people are skeptical of your drive and ability.

You won't convince people with your theories of 'who's the best'. But give us details if you're really going. When you buy the ticket, how much, where you'll land. What your packing and any groups you'll be contacting there. There is a chance people here who could actually help.

Have you even begun to plan such a trip? Or is it still in the fantasy stage? Are you fantasizing about being accepted by a great yogi, and you've never even done a YMCA yoga class?

edit

View Postbodyoflight, on 17 May 2011 - 01:46 AM, said:

Um, are you a 14 year old kid?

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

Finding the right place to study in the Himalaya's might be difficult these days, I have heard that many of the monastery's have become tourist destinations or have been polluted by government regulations and interference, but also some are being rebuilt in some areas.

Bhutan is the last remaining Mahayana kingdom but tourists are regulated and generally western hippy type spiritual seekers aren't encouraged or allowed to enter. But it is said that Padmasambhava hid a great deal of teachings in the hills of Bhutan which will re-emerge at the right time in the future, Chogyam Trungpa apparently gained many of his realisations there before going to teach in the West when he was meditating at the Tigers Nest which was Padmasambhava's monastery. My parents recently returned from there and they said they went to a monastery where the monks are in seclusion for three years, three months and three days to meditate, in the dark the entire time :o so some ancient ancient places still survive if that sort of practice attracts you, getting a teacher to teach you and a visa for your time is another matter.

Edited by Jetsun

who determines who is a average person and who is a person with high-level potential?

are you god in disguise?

fact is, buddha boy, before going through his 6 years of meditation, everybody would think he is crazy when he said he is going into a 6 year period of solitary meditation..

no one would have believed a 14 year old boy could survive for 6 days without food and water let alone 6 years..

but after he has done it, now everyone is going around claiming he is the next buddha..

no human in the world can truly judge the level of spiritual potential in the next person..

Not really. He was born from a legendary siddhic lineage and was already showing signs of his propensities and abilities at the earliest ages (like many great Indian yogis). So, the continued development of them was likely no great surprise to anyone who had known of him..
Guru was born on the 9th of April, 1990 in the village of Ratanpuri, Bara District not far from Lumbini, the birthplace of the great Buddha Shakyamuni.

He was born a Tamang, descendant of the Tamang Lamas who were renowned for their ability to go for long periods without food while receiving their prana through the practice of meditation. Legend has it that the Tamang lamas could fly and talk to trees, animals and birds. The lamas would befriend wild animals such as tigers, lions, bears and snakes and remain unharmed by them.

When she was in her pregnancy, she found she was unable to eat meat without becoming ill. Guru, whom she named Ram, would not eat meat. He would leave the house for long intervals from an early age. Guru was always pleased to see a lama or a holy person and fastidiously imitated them. He often seemed to be lost in thought and spoke little. Whenever someone spoke to him, he would reply with a smile and would treat people of all ages equally.

He took his studies seriously and rarely played with other children, choosing instead to remain alone. Guru refused to fight, and was always calm. He spent his time reading scriptures, meditating and worshipping the pipal tree which seemed to bring him joy. Seeing this behavior, Guru’s father sent him to study the scriptures of Lama Chhyoi with Samden Lama in their village. After that Guru decided to embrace a religious life. He was taken to be educated by Som Bahadur Lama who lived at Sudha.

Som Bahadur Lama was surprised at the ease with which Guru seemed to adapt to the situation requiring little sustenance. It was then that he realized that the boy had a natural talent for deep and prolonged meditation. After completing his Buddhist education for two years, all nine initiates went to Lumbini, the birthplace of Lord Buddha, for sightseeing. Most venurable Dharma Sanga seemed utterly taken by this place and it seemed to deepen his religious resolve. The other eight initiates returned but he refused to return.

“Please leave me alone, or one of us may die.” Guru said. “If anyone disturbs me or my things at midnight, I will have to meditate for 20 years, but if all goes well, I will meditate for 6 years.”

On November 6, 2005 snake bite Guru’s body and was poisoned. Guru sweated more than two liters while he continued to meditate, and thus he overcame the poison. Guru’s followers believe that on that day he was enlightened, for the Bodhisattva has the ability to survive attached to a tree, soil and stone, to digest snake poison, to be unaffected by the wind and to understand the language of all creatures. On November 8, 2005, Guru told the people that he did not have the energy of a Buddha, and he asked them not to publicize him as an incarnation of Buddha. On November 11, 2005 a bright light appeared shining from Guru’s head.

All witnesses claimed that Guru neither ate, drank or left to relieve himself. He just sat and meditated under the pipal tree.

"I am engaged in devotion which will continue for 6 years.”

SAUNDERS: No, I was so flustered. You know, that mood you described when you get inside that inner gate is just exactly right. They’re kind of rushing you. And I was also surprisingly moved by being that close to him. I didn’t think I would be. But I didn’t see him breathe.

RIEDEL: I was looking. It was hard to tell. There was such a weird level of stillness with him. It must be such a deep state.

SAUNDERS: But with your lenses you could get a pretty close look at him, right?

RIEDEL: Yeah, fairly close. I had never witnessed, aside from death, that kind of stillness for that long a period of time. I couldn’t take my eyes off him.

Edited by vortex

People keep getting excited and bums keep doing nothing as always.

There is no buddha anyways but this guy is doing great.

Hail Himalayas.

Often the loud theoreticians are the ones doing nothing. The most talented find their path and work on it diligently. Really its not who's the greatest; its how much time do YOU spend on the mat.

Michael

edit: If BOL wrote he was doing things in preparation (studying the language, getting contacts, etc) I don't think I'd come off half so critical. The thing is most of Know what its like to be a 14 year old in search of mystic experience. We also know what its like at 15, 16,20 & 30.

Where he's at, his desires and goals are probably similar at some point to ours. I don't think we're trying to take away a youngsters wings as much as make sure they're pointing in the right direction and capable of taking off.

Edited by thelerner