shaolin

how to cool the body

Its boiling here in the UK and on top of hayfever , Im constantly feeling hot and sticky. Cold buckets help for about 10 mins , then I get hot and sweaty again. Its so tempting to expell the heat by ejaculating and Im being driven to do it, but I'd rather find another way.

I know it sounds simple, but I just cant stay cool, and I dont want to get in to an ejaculation routine that I wont get out of ! lol.

Any advice!

Any advice!

Hot green or white tea are some of the best cooling beverages.

Avoid chilled/cold beverages.

Jwing-Ming Yang talks about the Water Path to cool down overheating from the Fire Path, and I think the actual method is the Marrow Washing Qigong.

the Water-Path, in which Qi separates from the route of the Fire-Path at the Huiyin (CV01) point (cavity), enters the spinal cord, and finally reaches up to the head. The Water-Path teaches how to use Yuanqi to cool down the body, and then to use this Qi to nourish the brain and train the Shen-Spirit. Learning to adjust the Fire and Water-Qi circulation in the body is called Kan-Li, which means Water-Fire.

Thanks guys :)

Fresh cucumber, also yogurt is good too.

Also breathing in with the tongue curled around in a circle and pursing your lips like a kind of whistle at the same time. Breathing through your mouth only. When you curl the tongue in a circle, you will cool your body.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Its boiling here in the UK and on top of hayfever , Im constantly feeling hot and sticky. Cold buckets help for about 10 mins , then I get hot and sweaty again. Its so tempting to expell the heat by ejaculating and Im being driven to do it, but I'd rather find another way.

I know it sounds simple, but I just cant stay cool, and I dont want to get in to an ejaculation routine that I wont get out of ! lol.

Any advice!

if you were born in a year ending 6 or 7 you are most likely to suffer from liver qi stagnation as we are currently living in the WOOD AGE, which generates FIRE, hence you will suffer from liver disorder.

REMEDY:

1. Diet

2. Sleep

3. Herbs

4. Exercise

Send me a $250 USD cheque payable to Durkhrod Chogori, hut 5 Mt Kailash, Tibet, China 850000; and I will forward you the necessary information to remove excess fire.

Durkhrod chogori,

That explains why Im feeling so hot during a heat wave in the UK.

Thank you.

I will send you the money tomorrow and you can advise me via my email which I'll send you.

Yeah right!

I'll stick with cucumber, green tea and melon juice thanks.

Durkhrod Chogori,

I'll pay you $250 USD to slap your face!

YOU FRAUD.

Dont ever reply to anything I post here.

But you said before you would. :blush:

Anyway, jokes aside:

1. Go to bed well before 11pm

2. Drink green tea daily plus dandelion root + leaves or milk thistle tea

3. Exercise, liver energy is related to spring, green colour, which are associated with movement, growth. Hence avoid sedentary lifestyle.

4. Avoid spicy diets and yang foods especially in spring-summer. No alcohol and any other drugs and pharmaceutical medication.

Good luck.

Edited: I forgot! Avoid stress and overactivity/mind as they are fire and will burn the wood energy of the liver.

Note: Liver qi stagnation is one of the major health conditions of modern society.

Edited by durkhrod chogori

Watermelon juice is good for cooling the body and has many healing properties!!!

You can also put the white rinds in the refrigerator then rub them on your skin before a shower.

Here's my idea. Take what you want.

Do EVERYTHING slower.

Muchos folks do not understand this crucial point in hot climates. So when (short) hot climate come to them (or they go there, they often don't get it) SLOOOOW DOWN, especially if your buildings, homes and offices are not made with HOT climate in consideration. I'm not sure about AC.

- Drink water

- Relax

- If you have a bathtub, fill it up with temperate (warm) water and hang out there for a while, NOT COLD water, just before that

- Worry not. Warm/hot weather can have people not used it freaking out.

- Avoid alcohol

- Avoid drying conditions

- Avoid sex until you have adapted to deal with it when it's hot( if you've ever tried doing it in a sauna, you'll understand what I mean...hopefully!)

Chill B) B)

I like to open my fridge and partially just stick my butt in there, it does wonders. :ph34r:

Lol I use to always do the same.. Freezer = Cool face ^_^

If you have excess heat in your head you need to talk to your teachers, and learn their methods. Cooling and drawing energy out of the head is a very basic practice you should have been taught in your qigong lessons. Many ways to do it, not via ingesting liquids, but by neigung.

:P Hey Shaolin, I too am suffering here in the UK :( I live just outside Bournemouth on the south coast, my training has been 'interesting' too this summer - cant practice outside cause i get bothered by too many insects or my friendly & ever loving cat & even the postman! (i live in the counrty)

So i moved training into my garage which is reasonably cool ^_^ but as soon as i sit to practice ... sweat starts rolling off me!

Its strange that the body feels a need to cool itself when its output is very low :glare:

Whilst up & about body is cool but sit still & practice meditation ... soaked!

Moonbar,

There is a good way to cool your body in yoga practice. Stick your tongue out, then roll it up into a tube and breathe through this "tube" some time. It really helps.

:) Thankyou Oleg, tried it just now & it certainly cools the mouth down ;) will try it this afternoon during practice :D

Cheers.

:) Thankyou Oleg, tried it just now & it certainly cools the mouth down ;) will try it this afternoon during practice :D

You are welcome! :) I'm glad you liked it!

You can always do the ol reverse psychology trick - if its too hot, imagine you're cold, transparent to the heat...

Various ways to remove heat/cool down depending on why you are like that in the first place. If you tend towards heat then eating or drinking anything that is bitter tasting will help greatly. Bitter is often used to rid heat in Chinese Herbal Medicine. My favourite is Kuding Cha - brew to be as bitter as you can handle.