shaolin

how to cool the body

Cold buckets help for about 10 mins ,..

Have you tried soaking your head in a sink filled with ice & water? (Maybe that's what you're already referring to.) Also, try the "polar bear variation" of testicular pulsing.

MsgPolarBear.jpg

Also, some various acupressure could keep channels open to help you vent. If the early morning is cool, at least, then some deep breathing at that time.

I tried moon salutations (as opposed to sun salutations) and they had a very powerful cooling effect.

Are moon salutations performed the same as sun ones , but facing the moon ?

THe one I practiced was completely different from any of the sun salutations I have done. THe direction was not responsible for the energy. Sun salutations are also heating even if you face the moon but probably less so than if facing the sun. I am guessing there are several versions of moon salutations just as there are many versions of sun salutations.

There is a good way to cool your body in yoga practice. Stick your tongue out, then roll it up into a tube and breathe through this "tube" some time. It really helps.

Way cool!

Thank you Oleg!

(I wonder if this method has a name?)

My acupuncturist recommended eating watermelon for its cooling properties, but this? I'll have to try it. :)

Also, in my last acu treatment, my acupuncturist poked all my toes and by the end of the session, I was markedly cooler. He also said that the quickest way to relieve a baby's fever was to draw blood from its toes. News to me. Cool. ! :lol:

Hey yeah! I've also heard drawing blood from the thumb/big toes at the same time.

Also asparagus is supposed to clear heat.

Supposed to work really well.

Edited by NeiChuan