This conversation about western medicine is really not relevant to this thread. That said, western medicine is like toilet paper-not that useful until you are in a field of poison ivy :-)

lino--

From what I read in your last couple posts, you come across as being ignorant of many of the varied factors which contribute to the high costs of western medicine. That's not an attack on you, I just mean to say that from reading those posts, I get the feeling that you are uninformed and/or have a narrow perspective and narrow awareness of the situation. Also, what or where do you suggest better medical care can be found (not considering cost) ? I mean by that, where could you go for better care that does not use any western medicine. I don't know of anyplace on this planet that fits that description.

With my problems, I found "Western Medicine" about as useful as a broken wheel...more like used toilet paper after a #2. It is like paying top dollar for used toilet paper.

The better medical care MAY exist but certainly not in the US. And not with the way that studies are manipulated and doctors getting kickbacks for selecting certain drugs.

For a five day hospital stay, it seems that I ran up a bill of over $9000, and no there was no surgical procedure. To be the same and be $9000 poorer, I don't play that and I certainly am not going to tolerate any "side effects". The whole point to GETTING BETTER is to improve my quality of life and not to have to GO BACK TO A HOSPITAL.

This isn't just the cost of the hospital stay, this is the time lost at the hospital.

Edited by lino

With my problems, I found "Western Medicine" about as useful as a broken wheel...more like used toilet paper after a #2. It is like paying top dollar for used toilet paper.

The better medical care MAY exist but certainly not in the US. And not with the way that studies are manipulated and doctors getting kickbacks for selecting certain drugs.

For a five day hospital stay, it seems that I ran up a bill of over $9000, and no there was no surgical procedure. To be the same and be $9000 in the pocket, I don't play that and I certainly am not going to tolerate any "side effects". The whole point to GETTING BETTER is to improve my quality of life and not to have to GO BACK TO A HOSPITAL.

This isn't just the cost of the hospital stay, this is the cost of time lost at the hospital.

Now that there's no need for you to have health insurance, you should be able to pay that back fast and start pocketing some coin soon...congratulations!

No domination, just a statement of the obvious. Someone who thinks he can get something for nothing will never put in the effort required to obtain that something. :P

Vaccines are an iffy 'science' at best. Almost all of those vaccines were introduced after deaths from those diseases had fallen to almost nil. They just took credit for the decline that had occurred before the vaccines were even introduced.

As for the polio vaccine... there were entire cities where the ONLY people to get polio were the ones given the vaccine. It also just happened to start in the arm that received the injection. But I'm sure that's just a coincidence. :lol::lol: btw, the military refused to use the polio vaccine on the grounds that cripples are useless in combat.

For several years running now the yearly flu shot has contained a different strain of the flu than what actually went around. That means it was completely useless, but still contains mercury and formaldehyde which are toxic in ANY dose to human beings. The 'swine flu' shot contains these + squalene which was the cause of 'gulf war syndrome'.

if you like autism, neurological disoders, DNA corruption and other such 'minor' side effects then by all means, enjoy :blink:

This is mostly information from conspiracy theorist and have no credibility what so ever. The autism claim was investigated in a huuuuuuuge and thourough study and there was absolutely no suport for it. As for the power of the forementioned vaccines they are doing in the third world today what they did here before, saving millions of lives when people do get them. Too few do though. I am not a fan vaccines just for the flu unless it is a particualrily deadly type of flu. THere is more mercury in a can of tuna than in the vaccine which speaks to the credibility of the other claims of the vaccine critical. As I said avoid them if you can but don't be a conspiracy theory idiot. There are numerous very htoruough studies that have investagated various of these claims, the autism one for instance, and still the claims are being perpetuated with the same force.

This is wayyyy off topic now, but Man, this place is filling up with wingnuts...the diseases were dying out before the vaccines arrived? Where you getting your data? Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carrey?

One example is a disease called Smallpox:

Wikipedia

Good job there sunshine. You found one that seems to have worked. How about all of these? :P

vaccine_side_effects_fall_in_death_rates.jpgpost-31471-1260324213_thumb.jpg

Heres and idea. How bout I give you a swift kick in the nuts, then an hour later when it doesn't hurt anymore I'll give you a sugar tablet and claim it took away your pain :lol: It'll be the greatest medical breakthrough since aspirin! I'm gonna be rich!! :P

jk I don't really want to kick you in the nuts. That shit hurts :blink:

For a five day hospital stay, it seems that I ran up a bill of over $9000, and no there was no surgical procedure. To be the same and be $9000 poorer, I don't play that and I certainly am not going to tolerate any "side effects". The whole point to GETTING BETTER is to improve my quality of life and not to have to GO BACK TO A HOSPITAL.

This isn't just the cost of the hospital stay, this is the time lost at the hospital.

And from your ONE experience you have a valid rational reason to make judgment about the efficiency of western medicine now and for the last couple of centuries for all sorts of other deseases. WOW.

This is wayyyy off topic now, but Man, this place is filling up with wingnuts...the diseases were dying out before the vaccines arrived? Where you getting your data? Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carrey?

One example is a disease called Smallpox:

Wikipedia

Thank you!!

Good job there sunshine. You found one that seems to have worked. How about all of these? :P

vaccine_side_effects_fall_in_death_rates.jpgpost-31471-1260324213_thumb.jpg

Heres and idea. How bout I give you a swift kick in the nuts, then an hour later when it doesn't hurt anymore I'll give you a sugar tablet and claim it took away your pain :lol: It'll be the greatest medical breakthrough since aspirin! I'm gonna be rich!! :P

jk I don't really want to kick you in the nuts. That shit hurts :blink:

Thanks, Peppy. Who is Barbfeick (Barbara F. Gregory of Columbus, Ohio), and why should I care about her graphs? Where is the Smallpox graph on that page, by the way? Didn't fit your theory, I guess...it's only 300-500 million deaths in the 20th century anyway, no biggie...You actually ought to start a topic on this yourself and quit hijacking this thread, but I won't be joining you, I don't do Wingnut debate. Good decision on the attempted kick in the nuts, I would have had to pick your teeth out of your tonsils with the shiny old fashioned medical forceps my old country doctor left me when he passed on... :D

And from your ONE experience you have a valid rational reason to make judgment about the efficiency of western medicine now and for the last couple of centuries for all sorts of other deseases. WOW.

And from your ONE example (smallpox) you ASSUME that all vaccines must be good.

As a matter of fact, YES I DO.

You make your own decisions and I'll make mine.

Thanks, Peppy. Who is Barbfeick (Barbara F. Gregory of Columbus, Ohio), and why should I care about her graphs? Where is the Smallpox graph on that page, by the way? Didn't fit your theory, I guess...it's only 300-500 million deaths in the 20th century anyway, no biggie...You actually ought to start a topic on this yourself and quit hijacking this thread, but I won't be joining you, I don't do Wingnut debate. Good decision on the attempted kick in the nuts, I would have had to pick your teeth out of your tonsils with the shiny old fashioned medical forceps my old country doctor left me when he passed on... :D

The first resort of someone with no facts with which to make a rational argument is to resort to name-calling(wingnut debate). It's actually one of the oldest forms of propaganda. If you can't make a rational argument and have to resort to name-calling to dismiss my argument without actually ANSWERING it then aparently you DO partake in wingnut debate. I actually already admitted that smallpox worked so I don't see your point about that one.

Props for taking the extra time to boost your own ego too. everyone can kick everyone else's ass on the internet so I don't see any point pounding our own chests and pretending to be all badass. This is a debate not a dick measuring contest (I think) :D

edit: no offense to any female debaters who in fact do not have a dick to measure. I only meant it as a figure of speech. :P

Edited by Dreamingawake

The first resort of someone with no facts with which to make a rational argument is to resort to name-calling(wingnut debate). It's actually one of the oldest forms of propaganda. If you can't make a rational argument and have to resort to name-calling to dismiss my argument without actually ANSWERING it then aparently you DO partake in wingnut debate. I actually already admitted that smallpox worked so I don't see your point about that one.

Props for taking the extra time to boost your own ego too. everyone can kick everyone else's ass on the internet so I don't see any point pounding our own chests and pretending to be all badass. This is a debate not a dick measuring contest (I think) :D

edit: no offense to any female debaters who in fact do not have a dick to measure. I only meant it as a figure of speech. :P

LMAO

If you can't make a rational argument and have to resort to name-calling to dismiss my argument without actually ANSWERING it then aparently you DO partake in wingnut debate.

So, you point out that this is a wingnut debate, so therefore you now admit you are a....w * n g n u t . . .?

sorry I can't stay and debate, I'm due back on planet earth....didn't mean to disturb your sleep, dreamingawake...sshhhhhh...

How did this thread get to being here?

I was pretty down with the discussion of KAP stuff (not least because there were some folks who know best about it and can tell me what I've been experiencing - that's already very cool). Then it got to discussing something so OT - I am offended;-) No-one is pandering to me.

Please come back to topic!

I was pretty down with the discussion of KAP stuff (not least because there were some folks who know best about it and can tell me what I've been experiencing - that's already very cool). Then it got to discussing something so OT - I am offended;-) No-one is pandering to me.

I've not been able to see the problem with KAP - unless it is basic laziness.

I found a book on it,

read the book

Practiced it,

got it.

The five Tibetans $3.97

just having fun :P

Most of you guys (judging by the stuff many have posted) are so grossly misinformed about medicine that I don't know where to begin. It is a multifaceted issue. Not a conspiracy. There is some corruption. There are aspects which are in opposition to each others benefit. Vaccines are vastly more beneficial than harmful. Shit happens, people die, hospitals aren't magical and not everyone can be fixed. Its part of life, as is dying.

Back to topic, please.

If you don't like KAP, and have critical comments:

Have you done it?

How much time per day/week/month did/do you practice?

Do you do anything to maintain your physical health?

Most of you guys (judging by the stuff many have posted) are so grossly misinformed about medicine that I don't know where to begin. It is a multifaceted issue. Not a conspiracy. There is some corruption. There are aspects which are in opposition to each others benefit. Vaccines are vastly more beneficial than harmful. Shit happens, people die, hospitals aren't magical and not everyone can be fixed. Its part of life, as is dying.

Back to topic, please.

If you don't like KAP, and have critical comments:

Have you done it?

How much time per day/week/month did/do you practice?

Do you do anything to maintain your physical health?

In any other profession, if you "fix" (or maybe not "fix") a problem and break the rest of the house, what happens?

Back to topic:

I'm trying to work on mindfulness/smiling first (24/7), along with getting into the habit of

exercising before I start doing any KAP practices.

I brought on a lot of stuff onto myself the last couple of years because of having a diseased mindset

and am trying to work through it right now.

On edit: At least two of the practices in Pathnotes should be done first and for at least a few months.

1. Mindfulness and smiling 24/7

2. Second paragraph of page 62 at this link:

http://books.google.com/books?id=_meUf86FO...tes&f=false

Edited by lino

Santiago is and has always been very giving and open with his knowledge and when he knows that someone is interested and open he gives you more and more. He saw that in me, he taught me to be yoga teacher, a reiki and energy healer and he is still teaching me now. I practice Silat with him and he integrates KAP energy practices even into our Silat. We not only learn how to hit but how to heal with the same energy we use for striking.

Wait!! That, right there! Let's discuss that. I have long wondered about Martial Artists "healing" people with the same energy that they use to hurt (maim, kill) them with. This is probably worth a topic of it's own. I have had the privilege to meet, be treated by and work work with several very top (non-martial artist) healers. Their spiritual presence is incredible.I have also done the same with several absolute top internal martial artists who also do healing. The difference (to me) was profound in both quality and effectiveness. I can't say absolutely, but I believe that advanced Western martial artists do generally have the capacity to affect energy for martial purposes, but it becomes distorted when they use that energy to heal. I believe the healings they do are incomplete and not long lasting. There are some exceptions, generally when they leave the martial aspects far behind and focus on the love and divine energy for true healing.

Anyone else have anything to add?

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

Wait!! That, right there! Let's discuss that. I have long wondered about Martial Artists "healing" people with the same energy that they use to hurt (maim, kill) them with. This is probably worth a topic of it's own. I have had the privilege to meet, be treated by and work work with several very top (non-martial artist) healers. Their spiritual presence is incredible.I have also done the same with several absolute top internal martial artists who also do healing. The difference (to me) was profound in both quality and effectiveness. I can't say absolutely, but I believe that advanced Western martial artists do generally have the capacity to affect energy for martial purposes, but it becomes distorted when they use that energy to heal. I believe the healings they do are incomplete and not long lasting. There are some exceptions, generally when they leave the martial aspects far behind and focus on the love and divine energy for true healing.

Anyone else have anything to add?

It is complete and long lasting if the person being treated lets go of bad habits. I should know, I'm the person with the bad habits and I've been treated by Robert Peng too.

lino--

"In any other profession, if you "fix" (or maybe not "fix") a problem and break the rest of the house, what happens?"

I agree man, western medicine, in the US at least, sometimes fucks people up. I have seen it first hand-patients who developed Stevens-Johnson's sydrome as a reaction to taking Dilantin (an anti-seizure med)-and died a slow, horrible, agonizing death. And this after they had been taking it for years-then suddenly their body has a reaction to it for an unknown reason, and the next thing you know, they are having horrible reactions, which in a short time cause their extremeties to rot as if frostbitten, and worse things I don't want to type out, then they die-in the prime of their life.

But without that drug, many people would have no quality of life. I have a friend that is on Depakote because he has seizures-which can be lethal-and after being on anti seizure meds for years, he cant afford his prescription and goes without it for a week-or medical insurance-and he has a seizure in the parking lot at work. He could die from any seizure he might have.

Sometimes people get a viral flu, and a few weeks later develop Guillanne-Barre-which is not fully understood-and can be fatal-causes paralysis that starts in the lower extremeties and moves up the body, often paralyzing their diaphragm. It usually goes away, but without ventilators, people would have no chance.

Parkinsons-not fully understood why it develops.

Multiple sclerosis-not fully understood why it develops.

But without 'western' medical treatments, there would be little of not treatment for a lot of stuff.

So like I said, shit happens. The public looks to medical professionals to cure people-very often without understanding what that really means.

And also, for every one person that is screwed up by side effects of or western medicine or unintentional mistakes, you can bet that there are at least 10 who do everything you could imagine to destroy their body-and expect a miracle when the cumulative effects of their years and years of bad lifestyle catch up with them.

To relate to your analogy, it is sometimes like asking someone to repair an interior wall-but the foundation and floor have been built wrong for some reason-or are rotten from the leaky roof that should have been worked on 30 years ago----then the repair man falls through the floor, making a huge hole-and the owner of the house thinks its the repair mans fault. So he sues the repair person, or company.