If you ask me, buddhist nirvana... yogic self realization... and taoist-non-self...

refer to that same surpreme state of liberation.

Once you have had even just a taste of that,

you would understand why it is called unexcelled.

Edited by zazaza

:)

Use the methods, see if they work for you.

:)

What makes you think I haven't?

ralis

If you ask me, buddhist nirvana... yogic self realization... and taoist-non-self...

refer to that same surpreme state of liberation.

Once you have had even just a taste of that,

you would understand why it is called unexcelled.

Unexcelled implies, there is an absolute upper limit that can't be surpassed.

ralis

What makes you think I haven't?

ralis

Unexcelled implies, there is an absolute upper limit that can't be surpassed.

ralis

Oh yeah, never mind.

It did work.

Guest paul walter

You will never understand Muhammad p.b.u.h nor Buddha p.b.u.h, Nor Allah, nor TAO etc with the "mind" or "intellect" only with the HEART.

Vajrasattva, I have nothing against you but feel the need to point out that this reply feels like a very low blow. I would hope you can sense the sadness behind my post. Paul.

peace be upon him

(what if its a 'her'?) :blink:

Same thing, and it doesn't even matter who wants to be on top.

peace be upon her - pbuh

peace be under her - pbuh

same thing

Interesting book by Timothy Freke and Peter Gandy called 'The Laughing Jesus-Religious Lies and Gnostic Wisdom'' makes a strong case against there ever being a historical Jesus, and he also quite convincingly lays out the evidence that the Prophet Mohammed started out as a Gnostic who drew from Judaism and Christianity but eventually was corrupted by his own power and became a warlord and mobster. There are many incongruities pointed out in the Quran as well. This is not to say that Islam has no merit; it seems to be a deeply flawed religion (how convenient that the Prophet was the last of the Prophets and had the final word) I believe that the desire of the Divine despite the Quran and Mohammed. Interesting reading, if you dare. The final premise is quite beautiful, embracing a Gnostic vision that transcends the need for the historical and flawed scriptures and figures.

Sorry to derail the thread, but this KAP thread is like a goulash as it is. :)

Brother,

That is inaccurate. Look at this sutra:

http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/filial-sutra.htm

I have looked at it. I'm having trouble finding the specific spot that validates your point. I still maintain that Buddha has only ever set himself up as a teacher before others and never anyone else. Buddha said you can learn from from his students, but the students are merely proxies for Buddha's teachings. The students are not supposed to be innovative or creative. In essence Buddha's sangha members function as wires, as conduits between Buddha and the student. But ultimately, in the current world, the teaching proceeds only from Gautama Buddha and never from any teacher of Buddha. Buddha had two Gurus and he's never once suggested that his students should take an empowerment or lineage transmission from any of the two of his Gurus. Never. He's never even complimented or thanked either of his two Gurus. These are facts to the best of my understanding, and I did spend a lot of time reading Suttas, Sutras, Tantras, talking to a shitload of Buddhists, including at least one Buddhist translator monk, at least one loppon and so on. So while I am not going to claim encyclopedic knowledge, I am certain enough to challenge to find me even one instance where Buddha tells his students to take a complimentary empowerment from either of his two Hinduist Gurus. Good luck.

peace be upon him

(what if its a 'her'?) :blink:

In Islam women are not as important as men, and to insinuate that women could potentially be prophets is downright insulting to many Muslims.

From http://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/k/koran/kora...amp;byte=114839

[4.11] Allah enjoins you concerning your children: The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females; then if they are more than two females, they shall have two-thirds of what the deceased has left, and if there is one, she shall have the half; and as for his parents, each of them shall have the sixth of what he has left if he has a child, but if he has no child and (only) his two parents inherit him, then his mother shall have the third; but if he has brothers, then his mother shall have the sixth after (the payment of) a bequest he may have bequeathed or a debt; your parents and your children, you know not which of them is the nearer to you in usefulness; this is an ordinance from Allah: Surely Allah is Knowing, Wise.

[4.34] Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good women are therefore obedient, guarding the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great.

Basically Koran is the same backwards crap as Leviticus in the Bible.

No Kap Classes Dec 24 - 27, Dec 31, Jan 1 - 3, also GLOBAL SHAKTIPAT & HEALING MEDITATION Monday dec 21 Night 11PM Eastern US Miami time. More info to follow for skype times. Put in your prayer and healing requests. 100% of donations will got to a reputable children's charity.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kundalini-Aw...75402080?ref=nf

http://www.skype.com/go/joinpublicchat?sky...4950Jup2BBLySkb

chat info for SHAKTIPAT tonight. All are welcomed.

Peace & God Bless

Vajrasattva, I have nothing against you but feel the need to point out that this reply feels like a very low blow. I would hope you can sense the sadness behind my post. Paul.

Sorry you perceive it that way. Its not meant to be a "LOW" blow. Is a truth. You can never understand anything Divine with out the Heart no matter what "path" or "religion".

Best wishes to you.

S

Edited by Vajrasattva

I just want to keep my mind silent, but cannot resist the temptation.

I would like to ask since Muhammad(Pbuh) had nine wives. Was he a tantric or it was for supportive reasons?

Also he was labeled in this thread as a child rapist. I know one of his wives was nine year old or something.

Could somebody elaborate :)

Anything that teaches intolerance, persecution, inequality or oppressive behaviour is an abomination

Unless it is the will of GOD or ALLAH! then it is cool bro~ :rolleyes:

I guess I'll just never understand.......

...... how people can in any way support anything that preaches that kind of behaviour or turn a blind eye to it.

p.b.u.h who is not intolerant, does not persecute, practices equality and does not oppress others.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, HAPPY HANUKKAH, HAPPY HOLIDAYS, HAPPY WHATEVER just have a god time :P

I have looked at it. I'm having trouble finding the specific spot that validates your point. I still maintain that Buddha has only ever set himself up as a teacher before others and never anyone else. Buddha said you can learn from from his students, but the students are merely proxies for Buddha's teachings. The students are not supposed to be innovative or creative. In essence Buddha's sangha members function as wires, as conduits between Buddha and the student. But ultimately, in the current world, the teaching proceeds only from Gautama Buddha and never from any teacher of Buddha. Buddha had two Gurus and he's never once suggested that his students should take an empowerment or lineage transmission from any of the two of his Gurus. Never. He's never even complimented or thanked either of his two Gurus. These are facts to the best of my understanding, and I did spend a lot of time reading Suttas, Sutras, Tantras, talking to a shitload of Buddhists, including at least one Buddhist translator monk, at least one loppon and so on. So while I am not going to claim encyclopedic knowledge, I am certain enough to challenge to find me even one instance where Buddha tells his students to take a complimentary empowerment from either of his two Hinduist Gurus. Good luck.

Sometimes I disagree with you. However in this case i.e, transmissions from teachers, I am in complete agreement. I always had trouble with the Tibetan protocol in regards to transmissions. Lama's have set themselves up as kings.

ralis

That Magician is very coool . I like his aura, and yes very "ninja"

Bump for Mr Santi.

What is it you like about his aura if I may ask? What are some of the things you can see from the aura? :)

Guest paul walter

http://www.skype.com/go/joinpublicchat?sky...4950Jup2BBLySkb

chat info for SHAKTIPAT tonight. All are welcomed.

Peace & God Bless

Sorry you perceive it that way. Its not meant to be a "LOW" blow. Is a truth. You can never understand anything Divine with out the Heart no matter what "path" or "religion".

Best wishes to you.

S

Sorry I was referring to the whole original post in your reply to GIH's critique. I of course know the heart is primary in intelligent comprehension of 'divine' or whatever (though it also works with mind until both can be transcended). I don't see that in your posts though you obviously have it in your life somewhere. Paul

Sorry I was referring to the whole original post in your reply to GIH's critique. I of course know the heart is primary in intelligent comprehension of 'divine' or whatever (though it also works with mind until both can be transcended). I don't see that in your posts though you obviously have it in your life somewhere. Paul

Where is the real mind?

A lot of times people "see" but do not feel. A lot of people "read" but they do not understand.

You can't "read" enlightenment or what the buddha did or did not do or what muhammad did or did not do.

You have to have a personal experience to understand what truth is.

It can't tell you what it is etc however I can put someone in the right direction and help clear some of the dust off of them so they can see that they too shine.

best wishes to you Paul Happy Holidays.

Santi

Where is the real mind?

The jury's still out on this one.. Dont hold your breath though..

Dont think they'll be back until... until after Christmas perhaps? :lol:

http://www.muslimhope.com/AishaNine.htm

It won't be easy to elaborate better than this.

There where & are african Kings that have wives younger as there where also kings in Asia including "buddhist" & "Hindu" kings that had younger wives. There are "Taoist" moms that slept (intercourse)with their sons and breast fed them till they 15 +......

1) we do not know the real reasons or the circumstances of Muhammad p.b.u.h. marrying Aisha p.b.u.h. . Where you there to see it or to say hey this is wrong or right? What where the options? Was it better for her in the long run or in that moment? We are not God to judge. I am a father of girls I certainly would not allow that BUT if i died and there was no one or a mother or brother or uncle to care for my girls then the circumstances may have to change for the better. That is usually how it was and still is done in many tribal and nomadic tribes as of today. One of my Silat Gurus was in Africa and that sort of thing is still going on. Is it wrong? Who are we to say?

Was the girl actually raped? Did you see it happen?

In a lot of tribes folks get married at 9 - 12.

Again its all about circumstances. Do we know the clear circumstances as to why?

I personally like older women. I always have. I am not Muhammad p.b.u.h. and its not my job to judge him neither is it yours.

Peace

Santi

Edited by Vajrasattva

Happy Solstice Santiago!

http://vajrar0ck.tumblr.com/

There where & are african Kings that have wives younger as there where also kings in Asia including "buddhist" & "Hindu" kings that had younger wives. There are "Taoist" moms that slept (intercourse)with their sons and breast fed them till they 15 +......

1) we do not know the real reasons or the circumstances of Muhammad p.b.u.h. marrying Aisha p.b.u.h. . Where you there to see it or to say hey this is wrong or right? What where the options? Was it better for her in the long run or in that moment? We are not God to judge. I am a father of girls I certainly would not allow that BUT if i died and there was no one or a mother or brother or uncle to care for my girls then the circumstances may have to change for the better. That is usually how it was and still is done in many tribal and nomadic tribes as of today. One of my Silat Gurus was in Africa and that sort of thing is still going on. Is it wrong? Who are we to say?

Was the girl actually raped? Did you see it happen?

In a lot of tribes folks get married at 9 - 12.

Again its all about circumstances. Do we know the clear circumstances as to why?

I personally like older women. I always have. I am not Muhammad p.b.u.h. and its not my job to judge him neither is it yours.

Peace

Santi

Thank you to everyone that participated in last nights "SHAKTIPAT" meditation and for helping us raise money so that KIDS in need around the world can have a wonderful christmas.

Peace & God Bless

Santi

If you marry anyone that young its wrong, I shall judge. Sexual things aside, this kid has just started life, there might be many things they wanna do in their life. So being trapped in a relationship for life, without even having a choice perhaps? Is just not right. Kids arent stupid, but they can be more easily mislead too if they had a choice.

Think for yourself for a minute, and just imagine you had been married to someone from the age of 9 and you have to spend your whole life with them, even if they arent that great a person. Feels pretty bad being trapped like that, would you wish it upon anyone else?

And YOU DONT HAVE TO MARRY THE KID IF THEIR LIFE SITUATION IS BAD, YOU CAN ADOPT THEM AS CHILDREN. IF YOU MAKE THE KID A SPOUSE IT IS NOT OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF YOUR HEART, BUT BECAUSE IT IS SOMETHING ELSE YOU ARE REALLY AFTER. THINK!

I dont care where they re from, what religion, what this, what that. It's wrong and selfish.

If you marry anyone that young its wrong, I shall judge. Sexual things aside, this kid has just started life, there might be many things they wanna do in their life. So being trapped in a relationship for life, without even having a choice perhaps? Is just not right. Kids arent stupid, but they can be more easily mislead too if they had a choice.

Think for yourself for a minute, and just imagine you had been married to someone from the age of 9 and you have to spend your whole life with them, even if they arent that great a person. Feels pretty bad being trapped like that, would you wish it upon anyone else?

And YOU DONT HAVE TO MARRY THE KID IF THEIR LIFE SITUATION IS BAD, YOU CAN ADOPT THEM AS CHILDREN. IF YOU MAKE THE KID A SPOUSE IT IS NOT OUT OF THE GOODNESS OF YOUR HEART, BUT BECAUSE IT IS SOMETHING ELSE YOU ARE REALLY AFTER. THINK!

I dont care where they re from, what religion, what this, what that. It's wrong and selfish.

Amen to that. In total agreement. Well said.