sean

What are you listening to?

@silent thunder I had never heard of Rhiannon Giddens before but am now a confirmed fan, many thanks.

At 50: she sings "Little Margaret". I am intrigued by its close similarity to "Matty Groves", one of my favorite songs. I did a little digging and found this, which may be of interest. https://www.songfacts.com/facts/fairport-convention/matty-groves

Here is Fairport Convention with the song.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Recently moved into a new place looking down into a creek and nature reserve with sacred site.  The nature spirits do not like digital music so I have got out my ancient turntable and bought mid-range cartridge that they approved as second choice.

After setup hiccup all is working well.  Am playing some Vivaldi and the nature spirits are listening but not  very responsive.  Will try something more dramatic.  Put on Nilsson singing Brunnhilde.  The nature spirits have crossed the creek to hear better. 

The landscape deva of the site is moving rhythmically with the music.  It is real music because the muses are present.

This LP:

https://www.amazon.com/Great-Voice-Birgit-Nilsson/dp/B00GLA012K/ref=sr_1_101?crid=1SR72RSUBBN11&keywords=birgit+Nilsson+wagner&qid=1648436875&s=music&sprefix=birgit+nilsson+wagne%2Cmusic-intl-ship%2C385&sr=1-101

Edited by Lairg
  • Like 1

Edited by schroedingerscat
nothing personal
  • Thanks 1

On 5/20/2022 at 3:34 AM, NickC said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idcaRTg4-fM

Does any one know how to make the link look like the above youtube links which bring up a nice box rather than just some text?

I've spent a bit of time trying to work it out, and even gone on the lnvision Community website but still can't work out how to do it :huh:

@NickC

How do you embed the link?

And what device are you using?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, steve said:

@NickC

How do you embed the link?

And what device are you using?

I'm using a Samsung tablet and copy the link from the browser while on the desktop version of the Web page.

I've tried just pressing enter after posting the link but the forum still doesn't seem to recognise it as a YouTube link.

I'm going to experiment with using my laptop tomorrow and see what happens then.

Success! On both tablet and laptop!

But I don't know why, because I'm sure I've just done exactly the same as I did before. Anyway, its all working and that makes me very happy :D

Edited by NickC
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, NickC said:

Success! On both tablet and laptop!

But I don't know why, because I'm sure I've just done exactly the same as I did before. Anyway, its all working and that makes me very happy :D

Glad to hear.

One thing to be aware of is that when you copy and paste a link, there is a pop up window in the entry box that asks who you would like the link embedded. You may want to keep that in mind, it’s easy to overlook especially when using a mobile device. 

• Thanks 1

Edited by schroedingerscat
juke box hero evolving (2nd. song)
  • Like 1