sean

What are you listening to?

Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Joe Bonamassa, and Walter Trout

To me (and I am an electric bluesman as well as a rock n roller so I am biased), these modern blues players have much more soul in their guitar playing than any of the crap usually playing on the radio. I would say Walter is one of the best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cS7XRr2IjG0

• Like 3

I must admit, he is a pretty darned good slide guitarist. And his roots in the Blues is authentic.

You don't see many four-string guitars. That's what the banjo was when it came from Africa to America.

I'm listening to Stevie Ray Vaughn this morning.

• Like 1

I don't remember it but then I easily forget music like that. Hehehe.

I'm listening to Modern Blues today. Right now a guy by the name of W C Clark.

I saw so much potential in that music but they never developed it.

I'm listening to these guys this morning:

Excellent Classic!

I'm listening to some Traditional Cajun music righ now:

She's not amongst the better vocalists for that song but she is an excellent fiddle player.

I haven't heard that song in a very long time.

Edit to add: Which just reminded me, I miss the Doctor Demento radio program. He played all that kind of stuff on his show. I listened to it regularly one of the times I was stationed at Fort Lewis, Washington.

Edited by Marblehead

I've noticed that many posters to this thread are interested in folk music. This is a folk band that I've been listening to for years. In fact, they are considered to be the best folk band of all time. They are from Switzerland.

Here is a great song by them. Please listen to the whole thing. It's an excellent song! I promise that you'll like it. I've listened to this song ad nauseam. I never get tired of it and I want other people to hear it so that they can also enjoy this beautiful music. :)

Yep. Modernized traditional folk music. Good song. The flute intro made me think "Jethro Tull".

I'm still with my Cajun music this morning.

I've noticed that many posters to this thread are interested in folk music. This is a folk band that I've been listening to for years. In fact, they are considered to be the best folk band of all time. They are from Switzerland.

Here is a great song by them. Please listen to the whole thing. It's an excellent song! I promise that you'll like it. I've listened to this song ad nauseam. I never get tired of it and I want other people to hear it so that they can also enjoy this beautiful music. :)

That stretches my definition of folk music...Sounds like death metal to me, with celtic melody influence. Much harder than Flogging Molly, which is more in the hard rock/metal/alternative genre.

The singing is a dead giveaway...death metal.

Nothing wrong with it, though.

I like this sort of music. But it's metal, with irish/celtic fiddle tune influence. I guess I don't know the definition of "folk music", but this and the other band are heavy metal, which is not folk.