sean

What are you listening to?

That dude needs to go back into recovery.

haha! - you mean the white dude? That's a pretty old video, I think he's gotten his ghosts sorted out since then. Still got the *Theramin, though :D

(*Theramin is not a psychoactive drug, much as it may sound that way)

Hehehe. Do you remember The Who? Those dudes needed help too.

So I had to look up "Theramin". Related to the Moog. I could do a little something like that with my radio reciever when I was in the Army. Tune in on a good signal and adjust the BFO (beat frequency oscillator) control and it almost sounded like music.

Yeah, that video was a little too "new age" for me. I do have some Emerson, Lake and Palmer records though.

• Like 1

Hehehe. Do you remember The Who? Those dudes needed help too.

So I had to look up "Theramin". Related to the Moog. I could do a little something like that with my radio reciever when I was in the Army.

;) this is the most well-known use of the Theramin ever, starts at about the 30 second mark:

those aren't women singing ...

• Like 1

Xavier Rudd from Australia. Multi talented musician who always blows me away.

This song has me in tears.

My peace and quiet has been shattered!!!

I'm still with Bluegrass music for now with Wilma Lee Cooper singing and playing her guitar.

Some folk, Swedish/Finnish band with Finnish female singing, male singing is sámi

yoik:

That was nice! Thanks for sharing.

Glad you liked it. I'm a big fan of throat-singing and found this group just recently. All their songs sound good, here's another one:

Edited by xor

That first one had lots of Arabic/(Asian)Indian influence in it. Sounded like some of the Bollywood music I have.

The second one, except for the pretty dancing lady, was too rooty for me. Yes, it was good for what it was but I like more instruments in the music I listen to.

The singing is actually local traditional styles

More Finnish(edit: actually to be specific Karelian) singing close to trad:

Modern Sámi folk with yoik singing:

Edited by xor
  • Like 1

Yes, the first one is what I would have expected from that part of the world.

Interesting how the second one sounds like a Native American chant except it would have been sung by a man.

• Like 1