sean

What are you listening to?

quite disturbing, I must say

someone mentioned leonard cohen

I do like Everybody Knows and the R.E.M. cover of First We Take Manhattan

I like a few of his really, I had the sopranos theme as a ring tone for awhile heheh

Three cheers for Leonard Cohen. Yea! Yea! Yea!

Soft and mellow this morning here at my place. Listening to my collection of this song done by many different artists:

Overjoyed today to see that Macklemore's "Same Love", which is basically the first mainstream hip-hop song to celebrate LGBT issues, is the #5 most listened to song on google play music. HUGE ups Macklemore

i know i've posted this song before, but if you missed it the first time, this video is amazing

Edited by konchog uma
  • Like 1

I have one song by them. They did a good version of an old Blues (Son House) song titled "Death Letter".

Edited by Marblehead

interesting version of jolene. i listened to it twice.

mh, did you know that robert johnson (pre-crossroad event) was a harmonica player in son house' band?

and a fictional? later chapter of robert johnson is found here

http://www.amazon.com/Reservation-Blues-Sherman-Alexie/dp/0802141900

apparently big mama didnt like jim morrison so much

but with a legend//myth such as johnson ,there has always been swirling torrents of spectacular speculation surrounding him.

nowadays some will suggest that there is no place in our current times for myth to have any useful purpose,,,

and yet; are there any instances that we can think of today where, myth gives birth to (a) legend? then perhaps legend transforms back to myth?

i say even if the thrill is gone in our present world, legend and myth lives on.

i wont say that it is a spiritual sorta thing and go speaking of hegel hehehehe

but rather "it is a real life thing going on"

• Like 1

mh, did you know that robert johnson (pre-crossroad event) was a harmonica player in son house' band?

I kinda' remember something like that. I do know he play with other musicians until he took off down the road to fing his own path. (To the crossroads? I rather think that he found someone who taight his some licks on the guitar and just stayed around there, wherever that was, until he had established his own style.

apparently big mama didnt like jim morrison so much

Yeah, there were a lot of people who didn't like Jim very much just as there were many who didn't like Janis and Jimi very much. I have always considered that their problem.

but with a legend//myth such as johnson ,there has always been swirling torrents of spectacular speculation surrounding him.

nowadays some will suggest that there is no place in our current times for myth to have any useful purpose,,,

and yet; are there any instances that we can think of today where, myth gives birth to (a) legend? then perhaps legend transforms back to myth?

Hehehe. I just knew you would find a way to get me back into this discussion.

Myth and lefgend. I think the legend (truth) is enough. The myths are for those who always want more. I think that it's enough to know that nearly every band, if they want to learn how to play good Blues, will always learn a few Robert Johnson songs. Even today new releases of his music get recorded and included on a band's recordings.

So no, you haven't yet convinced me that we really need the myths if we are capable of accepting the truth without needing to emblish it.

Today I am listening to a mix I put together with Jimmy Reed (Chicago Blues) and Keb' Mo (Delta and Modern Blues).

• Like 1

i am also listening to blues this morning, i mean really how can someone like son house and johnson get mentioned

and then not listen to some blues? i even put on a pair of blue socks,,,,,

such is the power of myth!

but i wont go back to that conversation for now. enough to chew on, i think, for now. someone didnt like jimi? gracious goodness.

you make some interesting points of view >> legend/truth. i kinda like that and do not disagree.

blues

i visited with skip james, son house, bb, clapton, albert king, and this fast drivin mama

Yes, that's Blues, no matter how fast it is played.

Kelly Richey has been described as “Stevie Ray Vaughan trapped in a woman’s body with Janis Joplin screaming to get out.”

• Like 1

Gojira - The Way of All Flesh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwSToDl5TyI&list=PL95914B146CFC1D7D

Anything that has a shape will crumble away, disappear
We belong to the circle life of all creation
We crawl and deny ourselves, refuse this evidence
That we project our greatest fears on death and forget our power
I want to live my life in close touch with the sacred
Pacify the disturbances of the mind
I face my own death

Edited by Colonel Goji

Gojira - The Way of All Flesh

I don't know. The words and the music style just don't seem to go together. (But remember, I'm old.)

whatever happened to "rate the song before you" thread? :lol: at least we knew people were listening to each other's songs then! :lol:

I don't listen, I sample.

Next.