SiliconValley

Shaktipat

O.k. Brothas, isn't it alright to just say black instead of African American? I'm never sure about this. Sometimes it seems awkward. Like, how do you know if someones 'American'? or is this just not a problem?

In England we have to say 'black', I've never heard the term 'African-British', that would be a strange one and would probably raise some eyebrows for some reason. Actually some people I know would consider this quite offensive, as it would be like you are saying they are not really British even though they are British born.

It's quite different from when I was younger when the commonly accepted term was 'coloured'. But not anymore.

Actually these terms do sometimes cause a lot of confusion around the world. Non-native English people are never quite sure what is the correct term in any one place. I've known several Chinese people who were going to live in America who used the term 'Negro' due to this being the term they had read in English books related to American history. I had to correct them on this rather quickly. But it's not easy to explain.

In any case songs, I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as you know the correct term for where you are living...but internationally, yes, it can get complicated.

wow, as someone who really wanted the topic to stay on matters relating to shaktipat, i guess i should have just kept my mouth shut about the guy from Utah. *shrugs*

TheSongsofDistantEarth, i'm having difficulty accepting your question as serious. either you simply don't know any black people at all, or you're trying to make some point that doesn't really need to be made. it's not like we're a different species. we're people. in most cases, what we want more than anything is sincerity. ever heard the phrase, "keep it real"? just be real. personally, i've never really cared that much for the term "african-american," and there have been occasions when i have found it offensive. not because of anything inherent in the words, but because the person saying them was so obviously uncomfortable relating to me in conversation that they substituted political correctness for real relating.

people who are sincere can say just about anything, as long as they're being real. and if something accidentally offensive is stated, then there's mutual ground for loving correction with no assumptions about (or defensiveness against) racism.

it's not complicated. a man i used to work for used to refer to black people as colored. i never corrected him. he was 94 years old, and he loved me, as i did him. it was never an issue.

if you can acknowledge my humanity and genuinely communicate with me, it doesn't really matter much what terms you use. and if you can't, then it doesn't really matter what terms you use.

Edited by Hundun

O.k. Brothas, isn't it alright to just say black instead of African American? I'm never sure about this. Sometimes it seems awkward. Like, how do you know if someones 'American'? or is this just not a problem?

its not a problem...the term African-American is cool..you shouldnt worry about it to be honest because if your sincere when you use either it will show...But neither of those are offensive to me whatsoever

Black...White..it doesnt matter to me anymore...Since joining KAP ive gained brothers and sisters of all complexions and love them just the same :)...i'm about associating with people that have Good hearts nowadays and that could be of any color

this is completely off topic though...lets get back to Shaktipat ;)

Edited by sinno

Yeah Jim Nance did travel around Africa studying shamanism. He told me how he stayed with the Dogon in Africa for several months and there was a man needing healing -- the man was psychotic, so the Dogon healers DRUMMED the man's sickness into this tree. The tree then died from the sickness -- all in the same night -- and then the drummers then brought the tree back to life.

Jim Nance told me how there are very powerful healers in Africa, still Jim Nance is the first African-American qigong master. I don't know about others of African ethnicity from around the world. Of course we're all Africans going back around 50,000 years ago. haha.

James Alexander is a african american Chi Kung Master of high caliber.

Ah its good to be back. Thanks Trunk : ) You gave me a nice break so I could tend to my inner & outer vagina more.

God Bless you

S

I received Shaktipat from her at the South Fallsburg Ashram in upstate NY. I was taken up to her chair for a private intro and we exchanged a few Hellos and smiled at each other. Later, as I slept in one of the dorms I could feel the shakti responding and moving through me.

The whole ashram vibrates with Shakti. The soles of your feet will burn from walking on the grounds. I love the gigantic statue of Shiva and the other figurines around the ashram.

I relayed before in this thread that I have also received Shaktipat from Mutkananda after he died. He came also and worked on my third eye breaking up the crystallization that was there. That was a wild night. My spine was popping and cracking like I was getting a chiropractic adjustment and one of my knees popped and straightened out.

I have also met Babaji, the boy guru, Nityananda, and Yogananda on other plains and have received blessings and Shaktipat from them. Pretty odd thing to happen to someone who self identified as a Christian at the time. This happened after I spent the weekend at an intensive at the ashram and had gone home, maybe a year later. Guru Mayi once came to me when I was deeply unsettled in my heart and she touched it. It was then I had the realization that peace in your heart was a physical expression not just a mental construct. Instant calm.

I think you've related your story before, but I forget...

I'm curious as to how you initially awoke your kundalini? I seem to recall you saying you were a Christian Fundy at the time? And then what happened? Did you just get a spontaneous kundalini awakening? Just out of the blue? If so, how would you explain that?

And then later you decided to visit all these Indian gurus?

Edited by vortex

Cool, so you literally breathed only through your sushumna, without air? For how long?

And so this was preceded by a forceful exhale, kriyas &...what do you mean by "external prana retention?" :blink:

Lasted about 2 minutes. I'm sure I could hold my breath that long if I had to, but this was different- no effort, expansive, and filled with divine light. Consciousness, bliss, knowledge, and action. Words are difficult to describe the experience. External prana retention ='s rechaka. IME the sensate experience was like a cushion of breath surrounding and protecting the body, while the movement occured in the sushumna nadi. Not sure if that make sense. -_-

SO HUM.

I think you've related your story before, but I forget...

I'm curious as to how you initially awoke your kundalini? I seem to recall you saying you were a Christian Fundy at the time? And then what happened? Did you just get a spontaneous kundalini awakening? Just out of the blue? If so, how would you explain that?

And then later you decided to visit all these Indian gurus?

I received Shaktipat from a western Master in 1991, Dr. Larry Jensen.

Here he is giving Shaktipat in a video.

yeah, I have talked about this in great length in this thread how this happened in several posts...long posts. :) If you do a search on my name in this thread they are easily accessible to review.

I went to see Guru Mayi with a friend. She thought that since my kundalini was pretty active that I might benefit from meeting her guru.

The other gurus I saw in visions. They did not live on the earth plane anymore. They came and visited me. They gave me shaktipat and worked on my blocks.

:)

s

I received Shaktipat from a western Master in 1991, Dr. Larry Jensen.

Here he is giving Shaktipat in a video.

yeah, I have talked about this in great length in this thread how this happened in several posts...long posts. :) If you do a search on my name in this thread they are easily accessible to review.

I went to see Guru Mayi with a friend. She thought that since my kundalini was pretty active that I might benefit from meeting her guru.

The other gurus I saw in visions. They did not live on the earth plane anymore. They came and visited me. They gave me shaktipat and worked on my blocks.

Thanks. :)

But, if you were a "Christian Fundy," then why were you getting a shaktipat from Larry Jensen in the first place? Were you trying to awaken your kundalini, or did you just think you were getting a Christian blessing? Just curious, here?

And it seems many people here actually got their kundalinis awakened through shaktipats from powerful gurus - as opposed through self-effort. So, how much more difficult is it really to do it "on your own" through dilligent qigong or pranayama?

Kameel - That is WAAYYY cool, bro! Congrats! B) I am seething with jealousy! :lol:

Edited by vortex

Thanks. :)

But, if you were a "Christian Fundy," then why were you getting a shaktipat from Larry Jensen in the first place? Were you trying to awaken your kundalini, or did you just think you were getting a Christian blessing? Just curious, here?

And it seems many people here actually got their kundalinis awakened through shaktipats from powerful gurus - as opposed through self-effort. So, how much more difficult is it really to do it "on your own" through dilligent qigong or pranayama?

Kameel - That is WAAYYY cool, bro! Congrats! B) I am seething with jealousy! :lol:

I was ten years out from being a fundie. I left the church about 10 years earlier and had been deprogramming myself. I was in a transformational seminar based on EST when I met Larry. They really didn't tell us what they were doing nor did they use the word kundalini at that initial event until after the first couple of meditations that night.

There are many, many people who have spontaneous and permanent awakening by "accident": drugs, trauma whether that is psychological, physical, mental, or spiritual, or dabbling in inner cultivation practices. That's what pretty much started the k support groups on the web in the mid 90s. People felt alone and isolated and did not know what was happening.

Using diligent, smart, and appropriate, practice by which I mean like twice a day for 20 minutes with a proven system will take anywhere from 3-6 months to 3 years depending on the system.

Dr. Glenn Morris :ph34r: used to tell me he based his system on ancient combat warrior systems that needed to access and develop a whole lot of power quickly. You never really knew when that enemy was going to be charge over the hill at you but it might be as little as three months travel time. If a tradition used something that would make you more vulnerable in battle it was discarded. If it meant you lived to fight another day it was included.

s

Using diligent, smart, and appropriate, practice by which I mean like twice a day for 20 minutes with a proven system will take anywhere from 3-6 months to 3 years depending on the system.

Dr. Glenn Morris :ph34r: used to tell me he based his system on ancient combat warrior systems that needed to access and develop a whole lot of power quickly. You never really knew when that enemy was going to be charge over the hill at you but it might be as little as three months travel time. If a tradition used something that would make you more vulnerable in battle it was discarded. If it meant you lived to fight another day it was included.

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. :)

Now, if you don't mind, I have another question concerning the opening of the microcosmic circuit (ren mai & du mai) vs the kundalini (chong mai). The Taoist systems generally open the microcosmic circuit first, and then the kundalini. Whereas the Indian systems do the opposite.

So in your experience, where in the timeline have you noticed the microcosmic orbit typically opening? Like, before, at the same time with or after the kundalini? Or generally not, since you focus mainly only on the kundalini? I'm just kind of wondering about the average timeframe for opening the microcosmic and how it relates to the kundalini. I think in Chinese IMA, it's often said that the microcosmic orbit takes about a year and the macrocosmic orbit about another 3. (With the macrocosmic orbit including the chong mai/kundalini.)

Thanks, that's what I wanted to know. :)

Now, if you don't mind, I have another question concerning the opening of the microcosmic circuit (ren mai & du mai) vs the kundalini (chong mai). The Taoist systems generally open the microcosmic circuit first, and then the kundalini. Whereas the Indian systems do the opposite.

So in your experience, where in the timeline have you noticed the microcosmic orbit typically opening? Like, before, at the same time with or after the kundalini? Or generally not, since you focus mainly only on the kundalini? I'm just kind of wondering about the average timeframe for opening the microcosmic and how it relates to the kundalini. I think in Chinese IMA, it's often said that the microcosmic orbit takes about a year and the macrocosmic orbit about another 3. (With the macrocosmic orbit including the chong mai/kundalini.)

A generalization: it overlaps each other. It depends on what the practictioner brings to the table, not just in their current practice but what is their current mental, emotional, spiritual, physical state. Between Glenn and I and the wall we know that it could happen in an instant if everything was in place for some people. I don't know definatively what that is. There is a measure of uncertainity because it is a practice the student does not the teacher. :) Who knows how well people practice or whatever in their private life?

In Morris's original system, and Santi will correct me if I am not being precise enough, run the micro orbit with the secret smile at least twice a day for 20 minutes each time. He was originally saying 6 months to a year as a general result. Santi has added refinements to make the process smoother and quicker over all but involves more time devoted to practice.

A xing yi master told me three years for kundalini to awaken. A yoga master told me three years for kundalini to awaken. This was before I met Glenn or Santi.

I would also add the Ming Men to the chong mai. I am not an expert in chinese medicine so someone else can weigh in on this.

Kundalini rising can be very harsh to the kidney/adrenals. The adrenals start dripping adrenaline into the body. Kundalini actually activates all the endocrine system which causes a youthing, strengthening effect. An increased almost unmanageable sex drive and desire that is so strong it can be painful is often a part of it. The adrenaline kicks the body into Flight or Fight thru the activation of the sympathetic nervous system. If not mediated by parasympathetic activities which release hormones such as oxytoxin and vasopressin, like meditation, bonding, making love, singing, chanting,running the orbits, secret smile, etc. the kidney adrenals will start to fry.

In extremis this can lead to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, PTSD, from running on adrenaline all the time. Adrenaline is the body's own version of crystal meth. Seekers often attribute the high that kills their appetite and their need to sleep as proof of their awakening spirituality when really they are from the euphoric and stimulating effects of adrenaline and other released cathecholamines.

What can compound these affects is that many westerners suffer from adrenal fatigue. We are addicted to stress, caffeine, drama, etc. which depletes the adrenals. Add kundalini awakening on top of that hypofunction and the awakening process can be difficult indeed.

Of course, over all, training with someone giving you personal attention is going to predict quicker results than training in solitary. Personally, I do not recommend solitary practice. When the kundalini starts cleaning out the emotional body and a person starts experiencing siddis, visions, bizarre movements, etc it is nice to be part of a group or sangha to tell you you are not going crazy because other people have had similiar experience.

Solitary practice can be dangerous and if you must do that at least have email contact with an experienced teacher and go visit them occassionally for check ins. It will help you from making wrong turns and possibly doing injury to yourself.

s

A generalization: it overlaps each other. It depends on what the practictioner brings to the table, not just in their current practice but what is their current mental, emotional, spiritual, physical state. Between Glenn and I and the wall we know that it could happen in an instant if everything was in place for some people. I don't know definatively what that is. There is a measure of uncertainity because it is a practice the student does not the teacher. :) Who knows how well people practice or whatever in their private life?

In Morris's original system, and Santi will correct me if I am not being precise enough, run the micro orbit with the secret smile at least twice a day for 20 minutes each time. He was originally saying 6 months to a year as a general result. Santi has added refinements to make the process smoother and quicker over all but involves more time devoted to practice.

A xing yi master told me three years for kundalini to awaken. A yoga master told me three years for kundalini to awaken. This was before I met Glenn or Santi.

I would also add the Ming Men to the chong mai. I am not an expert in chinese medicine so someone else can weigh in on this.

Kundalini rising can be very harsh to the kidney/adrenals. The adrenals start dripping adrenaline into the body. Kundalini actually activates all the endocrine system which causes a youthing, strengthening effect. An increased almost unmanageable sex drive and desire that is so strong it can be painful is often a part of it. The adrenaline kicks the body into Flight or Fight thru the activation of the sympathetic nervous system. If not mediated by parasympathetic activities which release hormones such as oxytoxin and vasopressin, like meditation, bonding, making love, singing, chanting,running the orbits, secret smile, etc. the kidney adrenals will start to fry.

In extremis this can lead to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, PTSD, from running on adrenaline all the time. Adrenaline is the body's own version of crystal meth. Seekers often attribute the high that kills their appetite and their need to sleep as proof of their awakening spirituality when really they are from the euphoric and stimulating effects of adrenaline and other released cathecholamines.

What can compound these affects is that many westerners suffer from adrenal fatigue. We are addicted to stress, caffeine, drama, etc. which depletes the adrenals. Add kundalini awakening on top of that hypofunction and the awakening process can be difficult indeed.

Of course, over all, training with someone giving you personal attention is going to predict quicker results than training in solitary. Personally, I do not recommend solitary practice. When the kundalini starts cleaning out the emotional body and a person starts experiencing siddis, visions, bizarre movements, etc it is nice to be part of a group or sangha to tell you you are not going crazy because other people have had similiar experience.

Solitary practice can be dangerous and if you must do that at least have email contact with an experienced teacher and go visit them occassionally for check ins. It will help you from making wrong turns and possibly doing injury to yourself.

s

Impeccable phrasing!

I feel your posts "dig in" like a Freddie Hubbard trumpet solo... has some bite to it, not just blow, blow, fluff, filler...et, al. Sayin'?

Good to have anotha R.N. in the house!

Djola feeling,

Rob

btw... Thought it would be a good idea to abstain form posting for a week to honor Santi and 3Bob.

Last Fri nite my wife and I pull into Indy after blasting in the furious weather for 3 hr.

We pull over to potty, I commence... and the lights go out.

I proceed to walk back to the mommy van and she is laughin' her head off and I know why!

Now flash forward to to 10AM next day... 4 hr sleep due to the brutal thunder.

We stroll into Borders so I can get some espresso... well peristalsis is in full gear now and I commence to the mens room with a copy of Branches (new age rag) guess what happens? Yup, in the dark two days in a row now. I walk out and my wife and a bookseller are cracking up and I know why!

Impeccable phrasing!

I feel your posts "dig in" like a Freddie Hubbard trumpet solo... has some bite to it, not just blow, blow, fluff, filler...et, al. Sayin'?

Good to have anotha R.N. in the house!

Djola feeling,

Rob

btw... Thought it would be a good idea to abstain form posting for a week to honor Santi and 3Bob.

Last Fri nite my wife and I pull into Indy after blasting in the furious weather for 3 hr.

We pull over to potty, I commence... and the lights go out.

I proceed to walk back to the mommy van and she is laughin' her head off and I know why!

Now flash forward to to 10AM next day... 4 hr sleep due to the brutal thunder.

We stroll into Borders so I can get some espresso... well peristalsis is in full gear now and I commence to the mens room with a copy of Branches (new age rag) guess what happens? Yup, in the dark two days in a row now. I walk out and my wife and a bookseller are cracking up and I know why!

been doing this path for a little while and most of the time by myself so i had a lot of practice and a lot of fails. when I first started looking for info on k on the net in 95 only about 10 sites popped up in the hot bot search engine and 7 of them pointed to the same place. today it is about 16.1 million. everybody gotsa opinion and they want to tell you about it. if i had a dollar for every 17 year old who proclaimed himself a kundalini master on the internet...well... B)

yep been a nurse since dirt was invented. ICU, CCU, PCU, SCU, Open Heart, TELE, GI recovery, Home Health, CM/QA. BSN from Uni of Miami in FL.

Let my CCRN lapse, my ACLS/BCLS lapse and just have my CPHM cert in play. (cert professional in health management) because I work for Kaiser and with a team of hospitalists doing in pt review and repatriation. If you want your hospital stay covered by insurance and get good hospital care you gotta depend on me to be your advocate.

s

didnt know a man could not do his bidness without the light on. ;)

been doing this path for a little while and most of the time by myself so i had a lot of practice and a lot of fails. when I first started looking for info on k on the net in 95 only about 10 sites popped up in the hot bot search engine and 7 of them pointed to the same place. today it is about 16.1 million. everybody gotsa opinion and they want to tell you about it. if i had a dollar for every 17 year old who proclaimed himself a kundalini master on the internet...well... B)

i guess i'm behind you by about 2 years. i take it you are familiar with el collie's kundalini support group then? it was the only really functioning one i could find back in 96/97, but i wasn't very good at searches back then. yahoo & alta vista ruled the web back then. ;)

i didn't know what had happened to me, either. i was bed-ridden for about a week. my spine felt like it had over a thousand needles in it, and it hurt to move at all. the outside of my spine was like an A/C blowing out cold air, but a thin thread in the center was burning hot. my mother fed me a simple soup made with pepermint stalk, lemon, and chamomile. it was the only thing i could eat. and when i finally became functional again my energy body felt partially shut down, which sucked. i felt short circuited for at least the next year, and i didn't feel as strong as i had been prior for at least another year after that.

the master who did it was a jerk. i tracked him down a couple of years ago to tell him what had happened to me and how it changed me, and he was still a jerk. :(

s

didnt know a man could not do his bidness without the light on. ;)

yeah, hoses vary. B)

i guess i'm behind you by about 2 years. i take it you are familiar with el collie's kundalini support group then? it was the only really functioning one i could find back in 96/97, but i wasn't very good at searches back then. yahoo & alta vista ruled the web back then. ;)

i didn't know what had happened to me, either. i was bed-ridden for about a week. my spine felt like it had over a thousand needles in it, and it hurt to move at all. the outside of my spine was like an A/C blowing out cold air, but a thin thread in the center was burning hot. my mother fed me a simple soup made with pepermint stalk, lemon, and chamomile. it was the only thing i could eat. and when i finally became functional again my energy body felt partially shut down, which sucked. i felt short circuited for at least the next year, and i didn't feel as strong as i had been prior for at least another year after that.

the master who did it was a jerk. i tracked him down a couple of years ago to tell him what had happened to me and how it changed me, and he was still a jerk. :(

yeah, hoses vary. B)

the kundalini gateway list was pretty much the only game in town. its the mother of all online support lists and many spiritual lists/sites grew out of it. Harsha-ji on the web (Harsha-ji, a disciple of Ramana was the one who told us it takes 3 years of regular yoga practice before k wakes up), Jerry Katz's non-duality salon, the Tummo Reiki world leader, Ifran, when he was scared shitless cause he had no idea what was going on, etc. We were all rubbing shoulders back then when it was maybe less than a hundred on the gateway list. We were catholics, pagans, hindus, witches, kabbalists, alchemists etc from all over the world with one thing in common...we did not know WTF was happening to us and most were vaguely aware or knew a little about K. We came together and pooled our resources and created a community of eclectic knowledge with which to help each other. It's still run by the second person who took over the list, Angelique from Vancouver. I also run the oldest kundalini sex list that was created a year or two after the gateway list. (don't get excited...it's pretty boring compared to da bums)

I have almost been around since the very beginning of those lists. Maybe I came on within a year of the k list appearing. I was on a rocketmail account when i joined. I have watched and assisted 100s upon 100s of kundalini awakenings since the mid 90s globally on line and in person while in the early days I tried to manage my own awakening. (Manage aint the word for it. I just stepped back and let Shakti have her way with me.)

the kundalini world online is very small and inbred for us elders. :P

El collie was a good friend of Dr. Morris's. I was around when she committed suicide because she had difficulty managing her awakening. She had been in a horrible car accident and the pain from that accident plus the upheaval that kundalini brought into her life was too overwhelming so she killed herself. She was a wonderful resource for the kundalini babies.

s

the kundalini gateway list was pretty much the only game in town. its the mother of all online support lists and many spiritual lists/sites grew out of it. Harsha-ji on the web (Harsha-ji, a disciple of Ramana was the one who told us it takes 3 years of regular yoga practice before k wakes up), Jerry Katz's non-duality salon, the Tummo Reiki world leader, Ifran, when he was scared shitless cause he had no idea what was going on, etc. We were all rubbing shoulders back then when it was maybe less than a hundred on the gateway list. We were catholics, pagans, hindus, witches, kabbalists, alchemists etc from all over the world with one thing in common...we did not know WTF was happening to us and most were vaguely aware or knew a little about K. We came together and pooled our resources and created a community of eclectic knowledge with which to help each other. It's still run by the second person who took over the list, Angelique from Vancouver. I also run the oldest kundalini sex list that was created a year or two after the gateway list. (don't get excited...it's pretty boring compared to da bums)

I have almost been around since the very beginning of those lists. Maybe I came on within a year of the k list appearing. I was on a rocketmail account when i joined. I have watched and assisted 100s upon 100s of kundalini awakenings since the mid 90s globally on line and in person while in the early days I tried to manage my own awakening. (Manage aint the word for it. I just stepped back and let Shakti have her way with me.)

the kundalini world online is very small and inbred for us elders. :P

El collie was a good friend of Dr. Morris's. I was around when she committed suicide because she had difficulty managing her awakening. She had been in a horrible car accident and the pain from that accident plus the upheaval that kundalini brought into her life was too overwhelming so she killed herself. She was a wonderful resource for the kundalini babies.

s

the kundalini gateway list began with el collie's list. she wasn't just some off-shoot. (not sure if that's what you were saying, but i felt the need to clarify anyway.) i needed her. a lot of us did. a lot of us would not have found each other (let alone any answers that worked) if not for what she gave.

she meant a lot to me. still does. i would think she'd mean a lot to you as well. maybe i can't accurately judge your tone.

don't mind me, though. i was just as over-sensitive about her the last time she came up in a discussion back in '08, which culminated in debate between Drew and Santi about the merits of full-lotus. :lol:

In bliss states I do see sparkling blue lights and blue light everywhere like he describes and when my eyes role to the back of the head I do see blue light dancing in my brain while I feel my brain is filled with bliss energy and even just straight physical pleasure.

Anything like the pic attached?

Also my kundalini didn't open from the bottom chakra, it opened from the crown chakra and worked it's way down until I started having tail bone experiences.

Interesting - What were the sensory experiences accompanying this downwards flow? What kind of time-frame?... what happened with the 'tail bone experiences'?... did the energy rise back up when it reached the tail bone?

PS - anyone that feels this is out of scope of this thread, please speak up. :)

post-144-127780904051_thumb.jpg

the kundalini gateway list began with el collie's list. she wasn't just some off-shoot. (not sure if that's what you were saying, but i felt the need to clarify anyway.) i needed her. a lot of us did. a lot of us would not have found each other (let alone any answers that worked) if not for what she gave.

she meant a lot to me. still does. i would think she'd mean a lot to you as well. maybe i can't accurately judge your tone.

don't mind me, though. i was just as over-sensitive about her the last time she came up in a discussion back in '08, which culminated in debate between Drew and Santi about the merits of full-lotus. :lol:

yep...being overly sensitive. no worries. yes her newsletter started in 93 and the gateway started in 96. She joined about the time it started.

Kurt Keutzerwas also a member and wrote one of the first FAQs on K to appear on the net.

:)

I have great respect for her and the work she did.

s

Anything like the pic attached?

No... more like a tiny blue sphere and white light around it or all colors around it. Or just a blue shiny sphere of deep dimension in vast blackness.

Interesting - What were the sensory experiences accompanying this downwards flow? What kind of time-frame?... what happened with the 'tail bone experiences'?... did the energy rise back up when it reached the tail bone?

Muktananda said this happens sometimes, but is rare that someone has awakening from the Sahasarara. The sensory experiences were more of feeling deep bliss, love, compassion and there were lots of different visions and lights. I would experience deep stillness and feel like I was merely walking space and my body was suffused with a very light but deep sense of blissful joy, no need for a smile but a smile can come easily and spontaneously if the condition requires it. Deeply relaxed sense of being. Then I started experiencing some tail bone pain and started to have physical kriyas in meditation, sometimes I wasn't conscious of what my body was doing and other people would tell me about it. Or I would see my body moving from outside of my body as if I had an eye outside of my body, or bodiless awareness was looking at my body. I would feel energy rushing up my spine sort of speak. Yes, it would just naturally go up or go down then up.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Thank you. :)

My practice involves this downward flow. It's rare to hear of it, so I'm always interested. The 'walking space' and light but penetrating bliss state is familiar (although rare for me at this point) sensation. And of course the lights in the head... Spontaneous kriyas are also a big part of my practice.

What else does Muktananda say about this? what's 'Sahasarara'? did you experience any changes in temperature? any songs/tunes/melodies ever spontaneously arise? any physical or sensory changes in the head? This happened to you spontaneously?

Sorry for all the questions - but for me it's so unusual of someone outside of my 'school' to speak of this particular path. So all you have to say on the subject is greatly appreciated.

Thank you. :)

My practice involves this downward flow. It's rare to hear of it, so I'm always interested. The 'walking space' and light but penetrating bliss state is familiar (although rare for me at this point) sensation. And of course the lights in the head... Spontaneous kriyas are also a big part of my practice.

Awesome!

What else does Muktananda say about this? what's 'Sahasarara'? did you experience any changes in temperature? any songs/tunes/melodies ever spontaneously arise? any physical or sensory changes in the head? This happened to you spontaneously?

Sahasarara is the crown chakra of endless peddles. I experienced many temperature changes. Both cool bliss and hot blisses, those of both moon and sun energy. Plenty of songs and tunes, even spontaneous classical music, completely original tunes playing deeply clear and lucidly in my head. Amazingly beautiful stuff, even flute playing and drumming too. All either spontaneous during meditation or during the space between waking and sleeping as well as during sleep.

I definitely can feel my brain changing, sometimes popping sounds or crackling sounds in my head and feelings of swelling or tightening in my brain, all sorts of stuff. Muktananda says these are all a part of the process. Muktananda talks about many things in various books, especially in "Play of Consciousness" though.

Sorry for all the questions - but for me it's so unusual of someone outside of my 'school' to speak of this particular path. So all you have to say on the subject is greatly appreciated.

Oh wonderful! What exact path do you practice?

Pranic mastery. Powerful indeed. So is this:

Have a listen and feel the expansion! :)

Can't feel anything at all in this Sutra chanting, actually got irritated and restless :D but the Omdasji CD blew my head. Some very powerful energies there. Felt calm, focussed and still. Hands were tingling with chi and all the headache from the sutra video was gone. Scotty, thanks brother.