SiliconValley

Shaktipat

Very interesting. Well put. Muktananda was one heavy duty dude!

ralis

Thanks ralis... it was a very, very interesting time in my life, to put it mildly through words.

You know... your share about the blue light around the Earth. Muktananda talks about that same experience in play of consciousness, except it penetrate the Earth for him, and I think I remember Gurumayi sharing that same experience which she had at a talk. I could be mistaken as there are so many talks I was at with her since 85' on into the 2000's both impromptu and formal as well as amazing dream talks with tons of people at them. I remember being confused sometimes by these dream talks thinking they were physical talks and I would tell people things she said, but later remember that this was my dream. :blush:

The blue light is the conscious illumination of the infinite space element, thus one can travel through time and space via remote viewing through this connection. I remember when I first started seeing, feeling and hearing through physical matter through this connection. It kind of freaked me out. Anyway... thank you so much for sharing and taking me down memory road. I had a lot more to write and did, but erased it as I deemed it to private. But... thank you!! Good energy... very good energy. :wub:

:) I associate Shakti with that blue light. It is an electric blue and it emanates from my heart. It has a coolness almost menthol touch to it. The blue mist I see through the whole universes. :) I also have a Sri Yantra that sits within me. Other people told me that they have seen it so I don't feel like I am crazy. I see blue light everywhere in meditation and in my inner vision. When I give shaktipat it is present.

Not to mangle or disrespect Buddhism...lol...but I have also been told that I am of the Vajra light by other adepts along the way. Dont' ask me to name names because I don't really keep track. I am not really sure I know what that means yet but I do know it makes me something of a bad ass on other plains (planes?) so I can protect students and others and myself from attack. I do not want to lead the thread off track so if you want to explain it to me you can send me a link or two. :D

Listening to you and others talk makes me think I have racked up a lot of karmic brownie points because this is all about grace for me for this all continually surprises and fills me with wonder.

May Shakti continually bless you, :wub:

s

I wanted to add that the blue light is very similar to the color blue in my profile pic. That is why someone made that picture because people associate me with that color.

Edited by ShaktiMama

:) I associate Shakti with that blue light. It is an electric blue and it emanates from my heart. It has a coolness almost menthol touch to it. The blue mist I see through the whole universes. :) I also have a Sri Yantra that sits within me. Other people told me that they have seen it so I don't feel like I am crazy. I see blue light everywhere in meditation and in my inner vision. When I give shaktipat it is present.

I wanted to add that the blue light is very similar to the color blue in my profile pic. That is why someone made that picture because people associate me with that color.

According to The Magus Of Java, that is also the color of yang qi - which permeates our atmosphere.

Yes, it is a powerful experience. I see blue light penetrating everything most of the time. But, I also see the other elemental colors which grounds me more.

Not to mangle or disrespect Buddhism...lol...but I have also been told that I am of the Vajra light by other adepts along the way. Dont' ask me to name names because I don't really keep track.

The Vajra light is the same color. That Lapis Lazuli kind of Cobalt electric-neon blue... The blue pearl is also spoken about in the Dzogchen path, but it isn't granted inherent existence like it is in Shaivism. It's a deeply subtle distinction that leads to a deeply subtle insight that re-contextualizes everything and expands the awareness into other insights that seem to only be talked about in Buddhist traditions. It also lessons the sense of self importance, and identity with a super-mundane... whatever you want to call it which can lead to experiential, and intellectual excuses.

I am not really sure I know what that means yet but I do know it makes me something of a bad ass on other plains (planes?) so I can protect students and others and myself from attack. I do not want to lead the thread off track so if you want to explain it to me you can send me a link or two. :D

It means you probably have some wrathful deities that can protect you and your path from harm towards the Dharma. As you are definitely on the Bodhisattva path right now perfecting the 4 immeasurables.

Listening to you and others talk makes me think I have racked up a lot of karmic brownie points because this is all about grace for me for this all continually surprises and fills me with wonder.

Yup... you gots good karma girl! Keep it up!!

May Shakti continually bless you, :wub:

Danka! As may the Dakini's continually guide you!

Yes, it's the color of infinite space, also the symbolic color of the blue sphere representing the state of Rigpa.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Greetings..

Yes, it's the color of infinite space, also the symbolic color of the blue sphere representing the state of Rigpa.

It's also the color of those flashing lights in your rear-view mirror.. now, explain to the nice man with the mirrored sunglasses, how you have Buddha-nature and the shaking and erratic driving is a random Shaktipat experience..

Be well..

It means you probably have some wrathful deities that can protect you and your path from harm towards the Dharma. As you are definitely on the Bodhisattva path right now perfecting the 4 immeasurables.

Yep, and that immeasurable would be compassion. I have said in the past that I thought compassion was over-rated. (blasphemy again). Maybe it is just that those who espouse compassion leave a tin like vibration in the air rather than a pure brilliant tone. So i usually just say that to piss them off. :P

I think I was at the ashram in the summer of 95 or 96. It was there i heard Gury Mayi say, "shakti loves sugar". I knew she came into the kitchen to bless the meal before it went out. Who knows. Maybe we passed by each other.

thanks for the input. it is fun.

bedtime now...work comes early...

s

so... Utah... he's a white guy, then? damnit! am i like the ONLY brotha who's into all this? Hahahahaha! :lol:

i will definitely be sending you a message some time soon.

we need to know each other, methinks. ;)

no you are not. i could make introductions to other brothas of different mothas :D if you are so inclined.

Greetings..

It's also the color of those flashing lights in your rear-view mirror.. now, explain to the nice man with the mirrored sunglasses, how you have Buddha-nature and the shaking and erratic driving is a random Shaktipat experience..

Be well..

:lol:

Buddha-nature is a synonym for emptiness. Because all formates, phenomena, qualities and awareness, or conscious experiences and unconscious experiences are inherently empty of essence, always and forever... even emptiness is empty of establish-able being. So all sentient beings have Buddha-nature. This means we have the ability, or primordial potentiality to mutate the experience of bondage, through awareness of emptiness, into Buddhahood. Buddha-nature is not an inherent or established entity outside of the fact that nothing is ever establish-able, except the fact that nothing is ever establish-able. Basically, we are inherently non-inherent. Thus... relativity... the middle path.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Yep, and that immeasurable would be compassion. I have said in the past that I thought compassion was over-rated. (blasphemy again). Maybe it is just that those who espouse compassion leave a tin like vibration in the air rather than a pure brilliant tone. So i usually just say that to piss them off. :P

I think I was at the ashram in the summer of 95 or 96. It was there i heard Gury Mayi say, "shakti loves sugar". I knew she came into the kitchen to bless the meal before it went out. Who knows. Maybe we passed by each other.

thanks for the input. it is fun.

bedtime now...work comes early...

s

I definitely served you food then. :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is sooo funny! Wow! What an infinitesimally small cosmos we live in! :wub:

Edited by Vajrahridaya

Yep, and that immeasurable would be compassion. I have said in the past that I thought compassion was over-rated. (blasphemy again).

It takes the understanding of there being others to have compassion. The contemplation is that there are no ultimate others, so thereby you realize detachment, and that relatively there are others... so, your compassion is greater because of objective detachment. At the same time... because you are also an other to others, you simultaneously realize that you don't inherently exist. Unlike in paths that take up a formless experience as an absolute, like Shaivism for instance, where you take up a self importance kind of solipsism in experience of divinity and while merging with it, creating experiential and intellectual excuses for a deeply engraved sense of clinging to a self center. Though enlaced with bliss as it might be, is not really liberation from clinging, no matter how exalted the experience and no matter how much your environment reflects this dependently originated subjective idealism. Thus... the Buddha's teaching of Anatta (pali) or Anatman (sanskrit) or true selflessness is not fully realized as you are basing all your actions on an ultimate self as an excuse for action itself.

But really, there is only relativity, so compassion is the only act to be, not getting lost in a blissful repose of non-beings as ultimate either.

Anyway... this insight must be realized directly by contemplating the truth of inter-dependent origination/emptiness, not as a divine Self, but as reality is relativity there is no ultimate Self.

Ok... dream well and dream deeply. :wub:

We all want to feel something, feel a "that" which is the ultimate reality of who we are. This is a good starting point to go beyond the 5 sense perceived mundane, but if one wants to truly be liberated, anatta must be cognized directly. Otherwise this craving for ultimate existence will merely absorb and re-express our Samsaric condition from suffering to bliss to suffering over and over again. Even if the focus on the condition for bliss.. idealizing the formless for instance... leads one to a sustained karmic format for that experience for eons. Once our universe of experience that we are personally connected to on a heightened level looses it's footing for expression, all those energies connected to this condition of experience reach a pralaya. Thus are re-absorbed into the blue pearl as the Vasisthas Yoga talks about, because even the blue pearl must be transcended as an inherent existent which doesn't seem to be contemplated traditionally speaking outside of Buddhism, which just means "awake-ism." Instead of Brahmanism, Shaivism, Islam... which all point to a self sustained causeless cause as inherent essence that truly exists which expresses and re-absorbs, thus lies the seed of Samsara, this identity with God.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

I had my first conscious experience of the power of this lineage at this Ashram. Of course it's always a congruency of ones karmas with the presence and intentions of the place as well... still karmic. The experience was incredible. I was 14 and wanted to be a monk and devote my life to the practices after the experience. I left and forget the experience even happened for 7 years as it was so different from my normal everyday life. I saw directly the space beyond being and non-being then I experienced the light of the physical body as Muktananda describes in "Play of Consciousness" which I didn't read until 7 years later reminding me of the experience I had at 14 with such vivid reflection. When the experience happened it was just from looking at a picture of Gurumayi in the chair and Muktananda above the Guru's chair. The picture itself emanated this power and energy that made me close my eyes while chanting and I went into this deeply aware state of timeless, formless expansion... then it coagulated into the red body sitting in my posture burning with fire! I later walked out of Muktananda Mandir into the walkway with my Mom and wondered why everyone suffered when they are innately so beautiful and free beyond the conditions which only seem to bind! I later had visions of the "nila bindu" and such things as this. All I wanted was to stay there... it was like heaven on Earth. Such a wonderful place... if one is karmically open to it that is.

For some reason I got some serious spontaneous energy hits off reading that paragraph. Thanks :)

Edit: spelling.

Edited by Ninpo-me-this-ninjutsu-me-that

OK. So we have covered the blue mist, blue light, and blue pearl. But what about the blue star? Isn't that what ultimately exploded (or is it imploded?) in Muktananda's crown, causing the realization with all that is, and producing the blue man? :o

Sushumna breathing, happened for me the first time yesterday. Interestingly began with a forceful blowing out of breath though the mouth with kriyas and prana retention externally. Wild experience. Came about without expectation. :)

OK. So we have covered the blue mist, blue light, and blue pearl. But what about the blue star? Isn't that what ultimately exploded (or is it imploded?) in Muktananda's crown, causing the realization with all that is, and producing the blue man? :o

That might be personal for him. As I didn't experience traveling through a Blue Star to other worlds. I traveled through a multi-color tube moving very fast, kind of like "beam me up scotty", and I'm there... generally floating as these higher realms have no density or gravity like here, in my experience at least. Some experiences of his are due to his own karmic unraveling and won't be universal. Also my kundalini didn't open from the bottom chakra, it opened from the crown chakra and worked it's way down until I started having tail bone experiences. In bliss states I do see sparkling blue lights and blue light everywhere like he describes and when my eyes role to the back of the head I do see blue light dancing in my brain while I feel my brain is filled with bliss energy and even just straight physical pleasure. I've had plenty of sexual orgasms like this as well, eyes rolling around the back of the head and everything infused with blue radiance, feeling energized instead of tired.

Sushumna breathing, happened for me the first time yesterday. Interestingly began with a forceful blowing out of breath though the mouth with kriyas and prana retention externally. Wild experience. Came about without expectation. :)

That's how it occurred for me the first few times, as far as I can remember. Then it just started happening without kriyas just through stilling of the winds into the shushumna which would happen quite naturally in meditative absorption. It's good you're having these experiences, they do teach you of your own greatness!

Thanks for sharing. :wub:

Edited by Vajrahridaya

so... Utah... he's a white guy, then? damnit! am i like the ONLY brotha who's into all this? Hahahahaha! :lol:

Here`s one more:

After a decade of intense and dedicated training, in April of 2005 Sydney James "Jim" Nance was certified as a 2nd Degree Spring Forest Qigong Master by Qigong Master Chunyi Lin, the creator and founder of Spring Forest Qigong. Master Nance is the first of Master Lin's more than 100,000 students to have ascended to the high level of qigong master. He is also believed to be the first African-American in history to be certified as a medical qigong master.

http://www.springforestqigong.com/bios.htm

Cool, so you literally breathed only through your sushumna, without air? For how long?

And so this was preceded by a forceful exhale, kriyas &...what do you mean by "external prana retention?" :blink:

Here`s one more:

After a decade of intense and dedicated training, in April of 2005 Sydney James "Jim" Nance was certified as a 2nd Degree Spring Forest Qigong Master by Qigong Master Chunyi Lin, the creator and founder of Spring Forest Qigong. Master Nance is the first of Master Lin's more than 100,000 students to have ascended to the high level of qigong master. He is also believed to be the first African-American in history to be certified as a medical qigong master.

I know that quote came from the Spring Forest web site, but I never quite know about the PC term 'African American'. Does this mean he is the first black American to achieve this, or actually the first black person? (Like, what about African British, etc.)?

I know that quote came from the Spring Forest web site, but I never quite know about the PC term 'African American'. Does this mean he is the first black American to achieve this, or actually the first black person? (Like, what about African British, etc.)?

i doubt Master Lin scoured the earth to observe the level of all black people, so how about we just assume he means American since, after all, that's what he said.

he also said he "believes" this to be true. he's not sure. and frankly, it doesn't much matter.

master level or not, i just think it would be cool to have some black friends for once! :lol:

nah ur not alone...brotha #3 here lol

i dont post much though i just like to play the background and soak in all the information B)

Edited by sinno

O.k. Brothas, isn't it alright to just say black instead of African American? I'm never sure about this. Sometimes it seems awkward. Like, how do you know if someones 'American'? or is this just not a problem?

Here`s one more:

Damn, 12 hours is a long time.

Yeah Jim Nance did travel around Africa studying shamanism. He told me how he stayed with the Dogon in Africa for several months and there was a man needing healing -- the man was psychotic, so the Dogon healers DRUMMED the man's sickness into this tree. The tree then died from the sickness -- all in the same night -- and then the drummers then brought the tree back to life.

Jim Nance told me how there are very powerful healers in Africa, still Jim Nance is the first African-American qigong master. I don't know about others of African ethnicity from around the world. Of course we're all Africans going back around 50,000 years ago. haha.

O.k. Brothas, isn't it alright to just say black instead of African American? I'm never sure about this. Sometimes it seems awkward. Like, how do you know if someones 'American'? or is this just not a problem?

In England we have to say 'black', I've never heard the term 'African-British', that would be a strange one and would probably raise some eyebrows for some reason. Actually some people I know would consider this quite offensive, as it would be like you are saying they are not really British even though they are British born.

It's quite different from when I was younger when the commonly accepted term was 'coloured'. But not anymore.

Actually these terms do sometimes cause a lot of confusion around the world. Non-native English people are never quite sure what is the correct term in any one place. I've known several Chinese people who were going to live in America who used the term 'Negro' due to this being the term they had read in English books related to American history. I had to correct them on this rather quickly. But it's not easy to explain.

In any case songs, I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as you know the correct term for where you are living...but internationally, yes, it can get complicated.