Li Jiong

How can we survive the coming disasters?

now we are getting somewhere, try to make a sea faring survival vessel and take to the deep ocean to escape the NWO bio-weapons and madness, but even then Gog and Magog will drink the seas and you'll have the distance advantage. or go to a remote wilderness/(kunlun)mountains and shelter and/or bunker yourself and pray.... ....or use wizardry/nirvana to travel what ever other-dimensional existence/heaven available.

Yes, submarine is a possible sanctuary.

I think what is being shown to us is the viscous nature of samasara (cyclical existence). This cycle is generated by desire/greed pursuing an object (i.e. the accumulation of wealth for its own sake) which either achieves its aim which fails to satisfy/ or fails to reach its aim - both of which generate anger. In this state a kind a neurotic tension arises which cannot rest.

The energy of this kind of activity is shallow and reactive. It will go through cycles of growth and collapse. At the moment we are in a collapse phase. The energy which sustained the growth of the last few years has reduced and the balloon is deflating. How far it deflates depends on where the energy will find its own balance.

We can take comfort in the fact that this cycling energy cannot disrupt our inner being but obviously we need a certain amount of what Gampopa called "endowment and leisure" in order to practice.

I think in times like this we should try to look to our inner strength, simplify, deal with less and less - and wait knowing that samsara was ever thus.

Am I allowed to say that focusing on immanent "used by dates" is a complete waste of time, an antithesis to taoist principles (the surface of life will always change, adhere to the depths and the roots) and is promoted usually by people who are fear-mongering to promote their own agenda ... that's not being too harsh and pointed is it?

Edit: Add to this also that if you focus on disasters then invariablly that is exactly what you will discover.

Edited by Stigweard

The material mind can only look at the challenge in material terms, look to material solutions, and go into fear. But there isn't a material solution, and the challenge is for us to change our consciousness, not to focus on the outer appearance of the problem and try to apply an outer (political) solution.

When something that you thought you needed goes away - access to pure food, your health, your personal sovereignty in so many contexts, it's really a challenge for us to embody those things on a deeper level.

And that's actually why the outer environment is providing those lessons for us now. When there's peace and prosperity and few challenges, we don't grow. So the world is The Matrix, and "bad" things happen, but it depends on how you look at it, same as with disease. You don't sit back and allow it to take over - you fight it - but in fighting it you have a chance to re-evaluate your relationship to that "bad" thing, and extract the higher spiritual meaning of it for you, personally. It becomes a great gift.

The fighting itself is the experience we need to learn to fight not with brute strength but by activating our creative power, which is our source for all the things we expected to get handed to us on a silver platter from the outer world. Now the world isn't making it easy for us anymore, and now we have the opportunity to develop higher consciousness. The outer world is a mirror for us.

-Karen

Family & friends, plenty of canned goods, and plenty of ammunition. :D
Agreed. This is actually a very serious topic. People won't be waxing so philosophical when the shyt really hits their fan...

People need to PREPARE now like Noah did. The more self-reliant you are - the less you need to depend upon the Feds to save your azz - the better off you'll be. So, start making your own financial preparations, stock up on some basic supplies, etc. Point is to get stuff on hand now while it's still easily available.

Not as a self-fulfilling prophecy, just good insurance. If you NEVER have to use any of this stuff, GREAT! But if you ever do, you won't be in a desperate mad scramble up shyt creek without a paddy...

I think we should start some good lists here of how to prepare. And the more people who are better-prepared in society, the better. Here's a good start.

Edited by vortex

Li Jiong,

The people who went through the previous chaos that survived were high up in mountains (himalayas, and others above a certain elevation).

I also think that we're headed towards a havoc in the pretty near future.

But who knows what will happen.

Learn the old skills, and the old and new wisdom.

Basic boy scout handbook stuff is always good.

You probably ought to be able to make fire, at least.

I'm not worried about surviving it if it happens. I will or I won't.

I just want to be useful afterwards if I'm still around. :)

Li Jiong,

The people who went through the previous chaos that survived were high up in mountains (himalayas, and others above a certain elevation).

I just want to be useful afterwards if I'm still around. :)

Mountains are on fault lines and can erupt :(

Are you useful now?

Edited by mYTHmAKER

Taking a couple of survival courses may ease your fears some.

Please check out Tom Brown Jr's Tracker School at:

http://www.trackerschool.com

Please note they also offer classes for children.

Important skills taught by really good people.

Edited by mgd

One day, while walking through the wilderness, a man encountered a vicious tiger. He ran for his life, and the tiger gave chase.

The man came to the edge of a cliff, and the tiger was almost upon him. Having no choice, he held on to a vine with both hands and climbed down.

Halfway down the cliff, the man looked up and saw the tiger at the top, baring its fangs. He looked down and saw another tiger at the bottom, waiting for his arrival and roaring at him. He was caught between the two.

Two rats, one white and one black, showed up on the vine above him. As if he didn't have enough to worry about, they started gnawing on the vine.

He knew that as the rats kept gnawing, they would reach a point when the vine would no longer be able to support his weight. It would break and he would fall. He tried to shoo the rats away, but they kept coming back.

At that moment, he noticed a strawberry growing on the face of the cliff, not far away from him. It looked plump and ripe. Holding onto the vine with one hand and reaching out with the other, he plucked it.

With a tiger above, another below, and two rats continuing to gnaw on his vine, the man enjoyed the finest, juiciest, sweetest meal of his life.

:)

One day, while walking through the wilderness, a man encountered a vicious tiger. He ran for his life, and the tiger gave chase.

The man came to the edge of a cliff, and the tiger was almost upon him. Having no choice, he held on to a vine with both hands and climbed down.

Halfway down the cliff, the man looked up and saw the tiger at the top, baring its fangs. He looked down and saw another tiger at the bottom, waiting for his arrival and roaring at him. He was caught between the two.

Two rats, one white and one black, showed up on the vine above him. As if he didn't have enough to worry about, they started gnawing on the vine.

He knew that as the rats kept gnawing, they would reach a point when the vine would no longer be able to support his weight. It would break and he would fall. He tried to shoo the rats away, but they kept coming back.

At that moment, he noticed a strawberry growing on the face of the cliff, not far away from him. It looked plump and ripe. Holding onto the vine with one hand and reaching out with the other, he plucked it.

With a tiger above, another below, and two rats continuing to gnaw on his vine, the man enjoyed the finest, juiciest, sweetest meal of his life.

:)

You got it :)

How do you all know there are disasters coming?

Everyone knows it for a fact. Where have you been :lol:

Edited by mYTHmAKER

we'll see if you all are still talking philosophical babble when shit starts going crazy

kids.

:rolleyes:

you have no idea the madness some of us have seen.

One thing humans are good at is adapting. Adapting to the changes in our external environment. We have survived at least one ice age and perhaps a switching of the poles too.... Can't quite remember.

Anyhow, how can we survive?!? It depends what you mean by "we". Many will die if disasters hit us as hard and as fast as some thing. Water wars, mass migrations, economic collapse. This means that the darkest characteristics of humanity will arise as well as the best. Vigilantes and gangs will conflict. Governments will either need to respond to rapid change or crumble. Those worried about the financial storm that may appear should get their priorities straight, and instead of worrying about mortgages and job security - worry about food.

While some may await these events and fear the worst, I personally choose to help the Earth to heal as that is all I can do for now. She is our mother after all. My peace and blessings to you, Miai.

If the floods come, seek high ground.

If drought comes, seek water.

If the fires come, seek shelter.

Head North to avoid the growing deserts.

The Emporer faces South.

Yours humbly,

James

P.S. Li Jiong, Buddhists think human life is precious too. They just accept death is inevitable.

Edited by .broken.

kids.

you have no idea the madness some of us have seen.

way to inflate your ego there, age has nothing to do with it

way to inflate your ego there, age has nothing to do with it

you're right.

but maturity and life experience DOES!

your glib comments get thrown around this board so often, i figured it was about time i said something. you didn't use to be this way.

and yeah, i feel so much more powerful for my comment to you!

having lived a longer life doesn't mean it has been filled with more tragedy; it was an ignorant comment.

You young pups have it so easy you see a hang nail and think amputation and imminent death.

Our grandparents survived the great depression, nationwide bank failures and bank runs, stagflation, massive unemployment, half of them saw currency become worthless.

They survived world wars which killed 10's of million and the aftermath that is responsible for even more. They lived through pandemics that killed 100's of thousand and really bad ones that killed millions in few months.

There lifetime saw various disasters that each killed 100,000 plus in hours.

IMHO we scare so easily because we don't know our history and we don't know bad.

How do we survive the coming disasters? Ask your grandparents or anyone of there generation, they'll tell you.

Michael

You young pups have it so easy you see a hang nail and think amputation and imminent death.

Our grandparents survived the great depression, nationwide bank failures and bank runs, stagflation, massive unemployment, half of them saw currency become worthless.

They survived world wars which killed 10's of million and the aftermath that is responsible for even more. They lived through pandemics that killed 100's of thousand and really bad ones that killed millions in few months.

There lifetime saw various disasters that each killed 100,000 plus in hours.

IMHO we scare so easily because we don't know our history and we don't know bad.

How do we survive the coming disasters? Ask your grandparents or anyone of there generation, they'll tell you.

Michael

I do think this topic is about more than just financial disasters. Regardless, I couldn't agree more. There's a reason terms such as "follow your heart" and "be your self" are common turns of phrase...

Ancestry is more important than many believe.

As someone already mentioned on this forum, "There is nothing new under the Sun."

Most humble,

James