Li Jiong

How can we survive the coming disasters?

I do think this topic is about more than just financial disasters.
Absolutely. Financial disaster is just the tip of the iceberg.

communism63.jpg

And remember, tens of millions also did suffer tyrannic torture and death in WWI and WWII. 50 million suffered horrific deaths in Russia under "Lenin" and "Stalin" alone.

LkWwdyqIK28

Yes, many survived. But many others also suffered and died horribly...

So, anything you can do to prevent that would be wise. Getting prepared is really no different than buckling up your seat belt or buying car insurance. You don't do those things cuz you expect to need them, but if you ever do...you're sure as hell waaaayyyyy better off!

And AIG ain't gonna bail your ass out then! Your real insurance is supplies and know-how, not policies...

I don't think you need to stock up like the Unabomber. But, it would be good to keep your medicine cabinet and pantry full of some basic essentials, at the least. Although, right now securing financial assets is probably a higher priority.

Edited by vortex

And if the proverbial shyt does hit the fan then you are all welcome for tea at my place. :D

Wouldn't it be an awesome, pure act of intent and awareness for us all to have a mass group Tai Chi session as the 'fires from heaven' wipe us from existence? What a way to go! The Heavenly Immortals would sing of us for all eternity. In fact I reckon we would gain honourary Immortal status ;)

Woohoo! "The TaoBum Immortals" :D

But seriously, there is a difference between 'being simply prepared for life', and 'being prepared for some immanent, unknown, possible/probable, emotionally charged disaster(s).'

we'll see if you all are still talking philosophical babble when shit starts going crazy

Who says things aren't already crazy? When you take an opportunity to confront your deepest fears, that's when the real shit starts going crazy. We don't have to wait for crazy external shit to happen. It's all inside. Many times over. It's personal experience.

And if the proverbial shyt does hit the fan then you are all welcome for tea at my place. :D

Wouldn't it be an awesome, pure act of intent and awareness for us all to have a mass group Tai Chi session as the 'fires from heaven' wipe us from existence? What a way to go! The Heavenly Immortals would sing of us for all eternity. In fact I reckon we would gain honourary Immortal status ;)

But seriously, there is a difference between 'being simply prepared for life', and 'being prepared for some immanent, unknown, possible/probable, emotionally charged disaster(s).'

You disappoint. I thought you were serious :)

i'll be there with you, bro!

:lol:

You disappoint. I thought you were serious :)

LOL ... I actually was and am. ;)

Edit: Now about that tea ... should it be spicy Asian or would you prefer a good ol' Aussie BBQ shrimps and all ? :D

Edited by Stigweard

The problem is where is the safe place that you can stay when all the lands sink under water for a few months, and there are fire on all the sky?

Now are you going to say you teach how to breathe underwater too?

LOL ... I actually was and am. ;)

Edit: Now about that tea ... should it be spicy Asian or would you prefer a good ol' Aussie BBQ shrimps and all ? :D

Oolong organic will do. I'll skip the shrimp. Can you BBQ veggies?

One does the best one can. Keeps an eye on the future and one on his community. There's usually a place to go, a solution that can be found. Working with others you can multiply your strengths many fold.

Course sometimes when the shit hits the fan, you pull out the barbie and the beer and say what the hell. Partay

Michael

• Like 1

Now are you going to say you teach how to breathe underwater too?

Sorry, lostmonk, you are not welcome to my thread, could you be so kind as to go away to somewhere else to find your fun?

The main stuff of comet is ice, the water on the earth come from the comets actually. In the long history, the comets visited our planet again and again, generally, they pass us by, and leave some moisture on the atmosphere. More than 80% available fresh water resources were used up in the recent 100 years, to store these fresh water resources, the earth had used millions of years. If the fresh water resource could not be supplied rapidly, the remanent fresh water resource will be used up during tens of years, and then we all will die. So the comet must come directly this time. However, now, we have the ability to shatter the comet before it hits against the earth. At least, USA, Russia or China all have the ability to do this job, maybe France and UK can too. But all the moisture of the comet will be reserved in the atmosphere, rainstorm will continue for a few months. So the great flood is inevitable.

kind of like that movie "waterworld", some humans have developed gills to breath underwater in that movie.

lostmonk mentioned breathing underwater, is that possible? maybe via special training? or technology?

http://www.theflowingofthedao.com/wordpres...ological-chain/

Edited by Desert Eagle

How about networking with as many able adaptable self sufficient non consumer dependent bodies as possible.

kind of like that movie "waterworld", some humans have developed gills to breath underwater in that movie.

lostmonk mentioned breathing underwater, is that possible? maybe via special training? or technology?

That is possible, but for common people, it is not realistic.

The main stuff of comet is ice, the water on the earth come from the comets actually. In the long history, the comets visited our planet again and again, generally, they pass us by, and leave some moisture on the atmosphere. More than 80% available fresh water resources were used up in the recent 100 years, to store these fresh water resources, the earth had used millions of years. If the fresh water resource could not be supplied rapidly, the remanent fresh water resource will be used up during tens of years, and then we all will die. So the comet must come directly this time. However, now, we have the ability to shatter the comet before it hits against the earth. At least, USA, Russia or China all have the ability to do this job, maybe France and UK can too. But all the moisture of the comet will be reserved in the atmosphere, rainstorm will continue for a few months. So the great flood is inevitable.

Li Jiong, I think this is an important topic.

In fact, an apocalyptic mindset is why I started my study and practice of Qigong and Chinese Medicine in the first place. Truth be told, it was a correspondence of inner an outer worlds. The impending apocalypse is a very dark thought to have in the mind. And, if you're like me, this darkness can and will continue consume your heart until it transforms into an impetus.. or death. Taiyin transforms into yang. But yin and yang, at their extremes can also separate. No not permanently, not in the universal sense, but in the relative, temporary terms of our individual life, yin and yang separation means death. Water on the lands and fire in the sky sounds like this sort of separation to me. Perhaps what your Master envisioned was more likely a metaphor for impending disasters, not the actual way they will unfold, for no human life could survive this separation of yin and yang, water higher than the mountains and fires consuming all the oxygen in the skies.

But what of transformation?

My apocalyptic thoughts consumed me until I started enacting a solution. The starting point at least. Qigong and meditation, improves my immune system and makes me less reliant on material goods. As my practice improves I eat less, can endure greater climactic extremes, and most importantly retain a clearer mind under stressful conditions. The way I see it, this increases my survivability in the case of drought, plague, and other down-to-earth inevitable hardships.

I am learning Chinese Medicine and how to understand plants so that I may help myself and others who may be with me through whatever may come. When my studies have reached a sufficient level, I would like to move to the country side and set up a humble practice. Not only do I much prefer a more natural setting, but in the case of collapse, I do not want to close to the cities. Over populated areas will become outright nightmares should the artificial influx of resources disappear. No clean water, no food, lots of people. Only the violent will survive. And though I'm sure any survival scenario will involve some violence, I'd like to avoid it as much as possible. However, should the shit hit the fan sooner than later and I find myself trapped in the city, martial arts and Chinese Medicine will still be an asset.

In the end, it will come down to luck and preparation. The more time I have, the more prepared I will be. But I also need to accept that no matter how prepared I am, there's no guarantee. So it is.

I do have one guarantee though. I already have and will continue to survive my own personal apocalypse. I strive to live my life in an upright, meaningful way. And should the many stories from near-death-experiences be true, on death we all look back without ego and see how much we've loved and learned.. everything else is just wasted time.

So should fire really engulf the skies and water, the earth, then I imagine I'll die. But, in the mean time, I'll live best I can. The rest is up to God, Allah, and Dao.

Edited by 松永道

Boy, this is a hard topic to keep up with of you don't stay logged in all the time. :P

Here's my two cents worth. In the world of action, I think the whole thing can be pared down to these things:

1) Family & friends, stored food, a wood stove and plenty of amunition.

2) Have your spiritual house in order. For instance, how bound by attachments are you? This will matter if the time comes that you have to flee with nothing but the clothes on your back. Will your attachments hinder you, and cause the downfall of you and/or your loved ones? Will your attachments to things that are no more cause you to despair and give up?

Have these things in order and you will be prepared. Everything else is accessories.

M

Edited by Duifang

Li Jiong, I think this is an important topic.

In fact, an apocalyptic mindset is why I started my study and practice of Qigong and Chinese Medicine in the first place. Truth be told, it was a correspondence of inner an outer worlds. The impending apocalypse is a very dark thought to have in the mind. And, if you're like me, this darkness can and will continue consume your heart until it transforms into an impetus.. or death. Taiyin transforms into yang. But yin and yang, at their extremes can also separate. No not permanently, not in the universal sense, but in the relative, temporary terms of our individual life, yin and yang separation means death. Water on the lands and fire in the sky sounds like this sort of separation to me. Perhaps what your Master envisioned was more likely a metaphor for impending disasters, not the actual way they will unfold, for no human life could survive this separation of yin and yang, water higher than the mountains and fires consuming all the oxygen in the skies.

But what of transformation?

My apocalyptic thoughts consumed me until I started enacting a solution. The starting point at least. Qigong and meditation, improves my immune system and makes me less reliant on material goods. As my practice improves I eat less, can endure greater climactic extremes, and most importantly retain a clearer mind under stressful conditions. The way I see it, this increases my survivability in the case of drought, plague, and other down-to-earth inevitable hardships.

I am learning Chinese Medicine and how to understand plants so that I may help myself and others who may be with me through whatever may come. When my studies have reached a sufficient level, I would like to move to the country side and set up a humble practice. Not only do I much prefer a more natural setting, but in the case of collapse, I do not want to close to the cities. Over populated areas will become outright nightmares should the artificial influx of resources disappear. No clean water, no food, lots of people. Only the violent will survive. And though I'm sure any survival scenario will involve some violence, I'd like to avoid it as much as possible. However, should the shit hit the fan sooner than later and I find myself trapped in the city, martial arts and Chinese Medicine will still be an asset.

In the end, it will come down to luck and preparation. The more time I have, the more prepared I will be. But I also need to accept that no matter how prepared I am, there's no guarantee. So it is.

I do have one guarantee though. I already have and will continue to survive my own personal apocalypse. I strive to live my life in an upright, meaningful way. And should the many stories from near-death-experiences be true, on death we all look back without ego and see how much we've loved and learned.. everything else is just wasted time.

So should fire really engulf the skies and water, the earth, then I imagine I'll die. But, in the mean time, I'll live best I can. The rest is up to God, Allah, and Dao.

Good attitude! Good luck!

Am I allowed to say that focusing on immanent "used by dates" is a complete waste of time, an antithesis to taoist principles (the surface of life will always change, adhere to the depths and the roots) and is promoted usually by people who are fear-mongering to promote their own agenda ... that's not being too harsh and pointed is it?

Edit: Add to this also that if you focus on disasters then invariablly that is exactly what you will discover.

Whatever a great flood or a great volcano breaks forth, after the disasters, there will still be some people alive. And then they have to face the new disasters such as pestilences and famine. To survive these disasters, Xuanji Cultivation can be very helpful. We have a global Xuanji Matrix, for all the Xuanji cultivators who connected to this matrix, it offers protection to the best of its ability. So generally, the Xuanji cultivators can survive disasters unconsciously. When you connect to Xuanji Matrix, you can get limitless energy there, so that you can shake off the dependence to food, you can live with less food, even if you do not have any food for a few months, you can still be alive. When you achieve a certain level, you will be able to form your own small Xuanji Matrix, this small Xuanji Matrix will always cover you, and protect you from virus or evil spirits. Furthermore, when you cultivate your spiritual baby successfully, water or fire cannot harm this spiritual baby, even if your physical body die in the disasters, your spirituality will be eternal. The internal alchemy can cultivate one's spiritual baby too, but too slow, too difficult and too dangerous. As I mentioned somewhere before, to cultivate the spiritual baby successfully, they need 45 years uninterrupted cultivation, now we do not have so much time already.

Sorry Li Jiong you are being a little too obvious ... more push hands practice for you.

Sorry Li Jiong you are being a little too obvious ... more push hands practice for you.

Time is so limited already, I do not want to waste people's time.

As for push hands, perhaps you don't know, I had practiced it for more than ten years, and I am quite good at that. B)