zerostao

2023 Winter Solstice

Just in TONY BLAIR jetting into Israel to meet with Netanyahu.

GB3XgF7XoAAecV_.png.4f5a48bd7960354bf693bcc3a1990fae.png

... we are so f*cked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

Where I live in Australia, the actual time of summer solstice is right now as I write. And by way of welcome respite from summer heat, nature has gifted us mild weather on this day of great significance.  

May the sun of compassionate warmth continue to shine on this forum, binding together like yin and yang the polar opposites within ourselves and within discussion here. 

• Like 5

Happy Winter Solstice to my DaoBum buddies 

I wish you all stability in your practice and flexibility in your lives

I pray for all beings caught up in humanity's violence 

Let there be peace on Earth and let it begin with me

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I messed up my solstice yesterday.  7:27 pm in our parts (says google).  I started out right -- in the afternoon, I put two heavy cast iron skillets with a layer of coarse salt on the bottom on high heat and commanded all the things I wanted gone to be cleansed and burn away.  The salt crackled for a long time and gradually turned grey.  Once the loud explosions signifying the most malevolent energies being dismantled finally stopped, I flushed the salt down the toilet.  The ritual part done, I decided to re-season the skillets (those cast iron savvy know what I'm talking about) and then got carried away, applying three layers (that's four hours of making a mess in the ambient atmosphere) and polishing my copper pots and pans while at it.  Cinderella solstice.  Once I was done I forgot all about meditation and just went to bed.     

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

I messed up my solstice yesterday.  7:27 pm in our parts (says google).  I started out right -- in the afternoon, I put two heavy cast iron skillets with a layer of coarse salt on the bottom on high heat and commanded all the things I wanted gone to be cleansed and burn away.  The salt crackled for a long time and gradually turned grey.  Once the loud explosions signifying the most malevolent energies being dismantled finally stopped, I flushed the salt down the toilet.  The ritual part done, I decided to re-season the skillets (those cast iron savvy know what I'm talking about) and then got carried away, applying three layers (that's four hours of making a mess in the ambient atmosphere) and polishing my copper pots and pans while at it.  Cinderella solstice.  Once I was done I forgot all about meditation and just went to bed.     

Banishing true evil is very taxing on the energetic system.  Rest little kitty, regain your strength before returning to face the darkness within.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Jenn said:

Banishing true evil is very taxing on the energetic system.  Rest little kitty, regain your strength before returning to face the darkness within.

Thank you.  "Facing the darkness within" sounds a bit ominous...  but the body is not transparent to light so everybody has darkness within, complete darkness.  That's the great still yin, with the yang motion within it.  Facing it is what meditators do -- is that what you meant?         

• Like 2

7 hours ago, NaturaNaturans said:

Sung by a Scotsman.  Note the Scottish custom of crossing arms and joining hands!

Happy holidays, all, and all the best in the New Year!

The text is a Scots-language poem written by Robert Burns in 1788 but based on an older Scottish folk song. In 1799, it was set to a traditional tune, which has since become standard. (Wikipedia)

Stirling Castle is in Scotland (somewhere!).

Edited by Mark Foote
  • Like 2