kino

Can jing be replenished?

1 hour ago, Taoist Texts said:

means the guru answers no free questions. these topics are available for extra fee after much stringing-on.

Of course not. Because making the MCO a goal (heck making anything a goal) would make the guru accountable if the student will not reach the goal (and no student ever will, of course). Hence no goals, just chill.

kumbayah

I love what you said.   I did encounter a teacher, only taught 2th to 6th movement of a 8 movements set, and ask for money for the remaining and some extras!   This guy happens to be teaching about Jing, vs all others on Chi only.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sex is scary.  It's natural, fluid, nonlinear, essentially feminine (even for men), and a clear threat to our small, egoic selves.  Many try to get around the fear by compartmentalizing themselves, having sex with bodies only, as if our physical selves could be separated from emotion and spirit.  Many try to have sex like square pegs in an erotic world that is curving, spiraling, and infinitely oceanic.  Compartmentalized sex is like a Snickers Bar.  It can taste good in a superfical way but some part of us knows we aren't really eating food, aren't really receiving nourishment.  Although we might strain to hear it, every sexual encounter evokes the echo of the divine.  

Because sex is scary, many try to tame it with rules.  Don't ejaculate (for males), and so on.  Is there something to the idea that sexual energy can be harnessed for spiritual purposes?  I don't claim to know for sure but this seems possible to me.  But if celibacy is beneficial to some, surely it has to emerge naturally, organically, out of an adept's longterm practice.  It's not something that can be imposed in a top down way because we're scared of the sometimes out-of-control feminine power of our own bodies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

14 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Sex is scary.  It's natural, fluid, nonlinear, essentially feminine (even for men), and a clear threat to our small, egoic selves.  Many try to get around the fear by compartmentalizing themselves, having sex with bodies only, as if our physical selves could be separated from emotion and spirit.  Many try to have sex like square pegs in an erotic world that is curving, spiraling, and infinitely oceanic.  Compartmentalized sex is like a Snickers Bar.  It can taste good in a superfical way but some part of us knows we aren't really eating food, aren't really receiving nourishment.  Although we might strain to hear it, every sexual encounter evokes the echo of the divine.  

Because sex is scary, many try to tame it with rules.  Don't ejaculate (for males), and so on.  Is there something to the idea that sexual energy can be harnessed for spiritual purposes?  I don't claim to know for sure but this seems possible to me.  But if celibacy is beneficial to some, surely it has to emerge naturally, organically, out of an adept's longterm practice.  It's not something that can be imposed in a top down way because we're scared of the sometimes out-of-control feminine power of our own bodies.

that's beautiful, the way you put that in words, thank you

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Great wisdom Brother Luke.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can jing be replenished?

Why is this question being asked. If it doesn't, then, we would have been dead!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My understanding is that in some Daoist lineages for biological males abstinence is only recommended at a certain time(s) in the development process as part of a much bigger process to still the Jing involving lots of things that are stimulating, limiting stress being one of the biggest.  The rest of the time the guidance is just be mindful of not too much with the  definition of  too much  (as it uses lots of energy) getting lower as you age with some variance from person to person. Much more important in cultivation is to not use or abuse others for the purpose of self gratification. 

My understanding in yoga is there are certain mudras used that enable the use of the energy behind or the precursor to the  sex  drive (not sex or sex stimulation  itself) to help trigger the energy  up the central channel. I think what has happened is people take a little bit of information combined with limited understanding and turn it into something more exciting  (using sex for cultivation) which I believe is an error for most people. Attachment to sex and power is one of the biggest challenges in cultivation, particularly for biological males (XY).  However sex is also just part of the natural world, part of life, so we need to relate to it that way - not too puritanically, not too hedonistically,  but thoughtfully and openly.

1 hour ago, Sahaja said:

My understanding is that in some Daoist lineages for biological males abstinence is only recommended at a certain time(s) in the development process as part of a much bigger process to still the Jing involving lots of things that are stimulating, limiting stress being one of the biggest.  The rest of the time the guidance is just be mindful of not too much with the  definition of  too much  (as it uses lots of energy) getting lower as you age with some variance from person to person. Much more important in cultivation is to not use or abuse others for the purpose of self gratification. 

Sometimes it is cultural.  A person is expected to have a son (or 2) before going into Neidan or full abstinence.  Before that they can still engage in taming the mind but not the real work.