kino

Can jing be replenished?

Although jing -> qi -> shen is the common path to follow , in some cases , people may lose their  jing and qi unexpectedly  ,say in a traffic accident , a person's body gets hurt and his  jing and qi depleted . Does it mean he has to do the whole process of accumulating jing , then qi again ? The answer is   it not necessarily be true,  in fact,  as long as he has done the  no-Mind  stuff well,  he  can use it  to reversely generate jing , then qi  for  " 神凝則精聚 "  ( "While  Shen condenses,  jing will gather " ) . You can view it as making use of high-level stuff to repair low-level damages,  as follows :

Shen.png

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 1

Calling out either violent men or witchy women should never be an issue though. 

Too many grow up and be a man about it mentality issues are making it harder for men to open up about sexual or emotional abuse. 

If a group of women had issues with violent abusive exboyfriends should one neglect their opinions too? 

Masturbation and infatuation even worse in combination leads to severe jing loss yes. Not guilt, not shame not projections either. The sages knew this and they were wise, and thus as someone wise enough to know a hornets nest from afar, I will not reply further in this thread but let you steep in this message instead. 

I think the very fact that this topic triggers so many people absolutely supports the idea that guilt is the primary issue.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2023 at 8:51 AM, Apech said:

Does anyone actually say 'I don't masturbate enough'?

Tyson Fury the boxer.  Perhaps he said this after his most recent match.

• Haha 1

On 11/8/2023 at 5:47 AM, exorcist_1699 said:

Although jing -> qi -> shen is the common path to follow , in some cases , people may lose their  jing and qi unexpectedly  ,say in a traffic accident , a person's body gets hurt and his  jing and qi depleted . Does it mean he has to do the whole process of accumulating jing , then qi again ? The answer is   it not necessarily be true,  in fact,  as long as he has done the  no-Mind  stuff well,  he  can use it  to reversely generate jing , then qi  for  " 神凝則精聚 "  ( "While  Shen condenses,  jing will gather " ) . You can view it as making use of high-level stuff to repair low-level damages,  as follows :

Shen.png

I think this is why it is better to do self-inquiry, focus on being neutral and non-reactive rather to be overly obsessed with loss of jing.

On 11/8/2023 at 12:47 PM, exorcist_1699 said:

Shen.png

This model seems more difficult.   But there are frequent sayings like :

清淨門亦能裁接,守中功夫,即屬裁接法之一。年邁或多病修士,做此種功夫,亦可返爲童貞也。

which approximate the model mentioned by you.    I wonder how this kind of methods actually work. 

On 11/9/2023 at 7:30 PM, Master Logray said:

This model seems more difficult.   But there are frequent sayings like :

清淨門亦能裁接,守中功夫,即屬裁接法之一。年邁或多病修士,做此種功夫,亦可返爲童貞也。

which approximate the model mentioned by you.    I wonder how this kind of methods actually work. 

Yeah ,  you really get the point that I want to say ,  but somehow reluctant  .  To old guys , say those over 65  , the necessity of using  the female body as a means (definitely is something troublesome , unless it is their wives'   )  of  replenishing their jing is not always a must .

It also implies  , for some jing  deficient illness,  a condensation of  the no-Mind , even without  shifting it  onto the place  where the pain or malfunction arisen,  say an ached knee or  a tumor , can simply cure it . In fact, Daoist jing-qi-shen theory gives us  a  nonreligious explanation of how and why just applying some mental power ( a specific mind  , no-Mind , not any analytic mind we are acquainted  with in daily life, or in scientific practice ) , we can heal .

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, exorcist_1699 said:

Yeah ,  you really get the point that I want to say ,  but somehow reluctant  .  To old guys , say those over 65  , the necessity of using  the female body as a means (definitely is something troublesome , unless it is your wife's  )  of  replenishing their jing is not always a must .

It also implies  , for some jing  deficient illness,  a condensation of  the no-Mind , even without  shifting it  onto the place  where the pain or malfunction arisen,  say an ached knee or  a tumor , can simply cure it . In fact, Daoist jing-qi-shen theory gives us  a  nonreligious explanation of how and why just applying some mental power ( a specific mind  , no-Mind , not any analytic mind we are acquainted  with in daily life, or in scientific practice ) , we can heal .

This Shen approach, is very similar to Zen Buddhism or similar.   But these no-mind meditations never exhibit much results in terms of healing or rejuvenation.   Of course Zen Buddhists are not particular interested in body healing nor replenishment of essence.   It is that intrigues me.

Maybe this will work, though I don't think jerking off is doing anything negative, but rather the opposite since "Masturbation helps you both mentally and physically. It relieves you from stress and physically speaking it prevents your risks of erectile dysfunction." according to google.

On 11/10/2023 at 7:34 PM, Master Logray said:

This Shen approach, is very similar to Zen Buddhism or similar.   But these no-mind meditations never exhibit much results in terms of healing or rejuvenation.   Of course Zen Buddhists are not particular interested in body healing nor replenishment of essence.   It is that intrigues me.

Exactly .  From Daoist perspective , the magnificence and  temperament of  no-Mind,  is better proved by body healing or replenishment of essence as you say , rather than  those seemingly silly Koans and question of " Who am I " (in fact , another kind of attachment) .

Edited by exorcist_1699

Your kidneys are constantly creating and regenerating jing. We replenish it through helping them with sleep, food, exercises, meditations, etc.
I imagine you've burnt out your kidneys.

Sleep more, eat lots of protein, organs and meat are good. Onions, garlic, kidney beans, whole grains.
Avoid stimulants(caffeine, nicotine) and excessive stress if possible. 
Pushups or benchpress and bent over rows or pullups alongside squats can help with the kidney/heart balance. 
Meditation on the mid back around where the kidneys/mingmen area is, the lower belly around the bladder accupoints or on the perineum as well can all help.

For sex, moderate it. Don't ejaculate more than once a day. Hold in your seed on the second or other sessions.
Don't completely give up sex though,  the lack of stimulation on the kidneys and water system can cause atrophy issues. 
Learn to feel what your body wants to do, how much it can give.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ElectronicGhost said:

Don't ejaculate more than once a day.

It was recommended no more than twice a week. Your body needs time to replenish Jing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ChiDragon said:

It was recommended no more than twice a week. Your body needs time to replenish Jing.

One thing I’ve learned is it generally depends on your age. When you are 10-19 having a day in between is fine, 20-29 have two days in between, 30-39 have three days in between, 40-49 have four days etc.

Obviously everyone is different and some may require more or less days in between but counting the days by how many decades you’ve lived is an easy way to remember.

On 11/1/2023 at 2:30 PM, Maddie said:

I think it's important to realize that semen is not Jing. Jing is lost through desire not through ejaculation.

My understanding is that it’s lost through arousal not just desire. It’s the body’s physical response that burns it.   Arousal could be sexual in nature or it could be something else like stress starting a physical fight or flight reaction (arousal)  in the body.  For men it’s not the ejaculation, it’s the body  physically getting ready for ejaculation that burns the Jing. I think it’s an important distinction because it provides a better opportunity to manage it. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2023 at 8:24 AM, Pak_Satrio said:

When you are 10-19 having a day in between is fine,

Please don't follow this rule. It has been ruined many teens' lives.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sahaja said:

My understanding is that it’s lost through arousal not just desire. It’s the body’s physical response that burns it.   Arousal could be sexual in nature or it could be something else like stress starting a physical fight or flight reaction (arousal)  in the body.  For men it’s not the ejaculation, it’s the body  physically getting ready for ejaculation that burns the Jing. I think it’s an important distinction because it provides a better opportunity to manage it. 

is there a difference between arousal and desire?

10 minutes ago, Cobie said:

Ime arousal is a bodily response; the way I think about it creates desire or not. 

can one get aroused without desire?

23 minutes ago, Maddie said:

I believe that an arousal provokes the desire.

15 minutes ago, Maddie said:

Yes. I can think a person is attractive or desirable and not have the physical steps of sexual arousal take place which are specific physical changes in the mind/body. 

A desire causes an arousal. The arousal provokes the desire even more. I believe that is what took place in a rapest and looking for vitims.

Why are we talking about rape? :wacko:

desireless arousal is like "wetless" water 

Edited by Maddie
  • Thanks 1