Sign in to follow this  
jack hammer

asanas,qi-gong, tibetan rites for youth and longevity

hello(i made account long ago,but this is my first post so I dont know well how this forum works)

Im putting together a comprehensive regime of excercise meditation for youth and longevity.Im only 25 but I want to live to 100. Id like some reccomendation of books or video tutorials,so far I learn 10 asana mudra fro youth,the 5 tibetans, and im interested in the 5 falun-gong excercises.

Anyways,id appreciate reccomendations. i also dad baithak, an hindu wrestling workout. this forum seems to have good scholars so Im glad I can learn here!

• Like 3

Well Ive read about the tibetan rites but to me its not enough. I think these can be a small piece of maintaining optimal energy and posture aspects in the body but to me diet is more important.  I think its possible to accomplish immortality through natural processes but with the right knowledge. And Im hoping to find others with similar interest and familiarity with the topic.

Not sure the Tibetans are Tibetan but they’re good.

Another set attributed to Tibet (old Bön) is the Kum Nye found here. Wonderful exercises but they’re pedigree is uncertain.

Swimming dragon qigong is powerful and simple. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Daoisme said:

[...]  I think its possible to accomplish immortality through natural processes but with the right knowledge. And Im hoping to find others with similar interest and familiarity with the topic.

I think that what could constitute  a breaktrough in this direction is a deep undestanding of the workings of the mind and the ability to strongly influence it. 

A noble pursuit, I think we're all on that path...or at least that's what brings us here in the first place 😅

I'm by no means an expert at 24 years but I've been exploring what "the east" has to say about longevity and vitality for most of them. I spent some time studying TCM which led me to tai qi and qi gong, and then went on to study Ayurveda and traditional hatha yoga (from which I believe the 5 rites originates) and I've definitely benefited greatly from both of them so I'm happy to vouch for them in the pursuit of "perfect health." What they both have in common is an understanding that:

1. Balance (correcting imbalance) -> health (easy, low-stress, natural functioning) -> longevity (you burn the candle slower). 

2. It is a lifestyle thing; diet, exercise, community, spirituality etc.

I've found it can be easy to want to rev up the physical intensity to perform better now, but longevity is about energy; using what you need efficiently and conserving what you don't need.

TLDR; 

Recommended reading for asana/5 rites:

Hatha Yoga Pradipika

Asana Pranayama Mudra Bandha

Recommended reading for tai chi/qi gong:

Self-practice Exercises

These will give you both theory and somewhere to start with the practice. Then enjoy the journey as you dive in; it's a deep, spacious ocean.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this