I've secured a basically free and limitless supply of CBD oil, more than I could or would ever use.  The THC content is enough to be synergistic with the CBD without causing your imagination to leave your focus in the dust. 

The dose for that elusive sweet spot where imagination and focus are neck and neck changes over time.  We could have had this figured decades ago if the political will was there. 

As a 60-yr-old I could justify using this daily for relief from join pain but that's trouble begins.  It is an exquisite reward for those of us who keep in good shape; the body-mind fusion and general sense of "effortless effort" is an exhilarating feeling and doubles to completely blow any anxiety or negative thoughts out of the water.  But the moment I get too used to this and turn it into a daily escape, the magic fades, the negative self-talk creeps back in, and my productivity plummets.  

Ah, the perils and rewards of cannabis consumption in the 21-st century.  I'm convinced of its value in assisting people who need to reconnect body and mind.  That's essential, IMO, to at least acquire the level of athleticism required to burn off your stress, and to evolve you've got to burn off more stress than you take in.  An herb that can assist people in helping them make that essential mind-muscle connection seems pretty handy.   Cannabis may have nothing to add in support of higher states of consciousness and advanced meditation practice, but for assistance in tuning up the carcass, it seems ready to help.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

I'm about to consume an edible for the first time in my life.  Wish me bliss.

Start with a LOW dose.

It lasts a long time and takes a long time to take effect.

I wish you great bliss and deep insight!

B)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Taomeow said:

I'm about to consume an edible for the first time in my life.  Wish me bliss.

Hmmm . I dont think you have been a breatharian , so I assume the edible relates to the  thread topic .

Lets see ....  posted 7 hours ago , you probably crashed by now , so be waking up not long ago before reading this .

here you go ;

GettyImages-200218465-002_TOP-ART.jpg

espresso_coffee.jpg

And mushrooms for breakfast

psychedelic-mushrooms.jpg

Edited by Nungali
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, Nungali said:

Hmmm . I dont think you have been a breatharian , so I assume the edible relates to the  thread topic .

Lets see ....  posted 7 hours ago , you probably crashed by now , so be waking up not long ago before reading this .

here you go ;

GettyImages-200218465-002_TOP-ART.jpg

espresso_coffee.jpg

And mushrooms for breakfast

psychedelic-mushrooms.jpg

1. and 2. are always appropriate -- I can't imagine starting any day any other way.

As for 3.  That's interesting.  Here's the account.

I heeded all the warnings and took a very low dose -- which wound up feeling like it did nothing.  So I went to bed planning to repeat the experiment with a higher dose the next day.  And then all night long I dreamt of mushrooms.  Not funny mushrooms in the psychedelic sense (I've never tried those) but definitely extraordinary.  It was a blissful dream because I was foraging for wild mushrooms (this used to be one of my favorite pastimes on all of god's green earth) and finding humongous boletuses -- the king of mushrooms with no peers -- but in the dream they grew on trees rather than under them as they should, some very high, so I had to climb up to get them.  So that small dose didn't entirely do "nothing," looks like.  Detailed vivid dreams are unusual for me to begin with, and I don't remember ever dreaming of mushrooms before.  Was that edible extending a gateway invitation?..

Please stay tuned.    

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

1. and 2. are always appropriate -- I can't imagine starting any day any other way.

As for 3.  That's interesting.  Here's the account.

I heeded all the warnings and took a very low dose -- which wound up feeling like it did nothing.  So I went to bed planning to repeat the experiment with a higher dose the next day.  And then all night long I dreamt of mushrooms.  Not funny mushrooms in the psychedelic sense (I've never tried those) but definitely extraordinary.  It was a blissful dream because I was foraging for wild mushrooms (this used to be one of my favorite pastimes on all of god's green earth) and finding humongous boletuses -- the king of mushrooms with no peers -- but in the dream they grew on trees rather than under them as they should, some very high, so I had to climb up to get them.  So that small dose didn't entirely do "nothing," looks like.  Detailed vivid dreams are unusual for me to begin with, and I don't remember ever dreaming of mushrooms before.  Was that edible extending a gateway invitation?..

Please stay tuned.    

Was it infused chocolate? In California there is a 100 mg THC limit/bar or at least when was out there two years ago. Just have to work you're way up and find what works for you. Sometimes it can take up to an hour to feel it.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ralis said:

Was it infused chocolate? In California there is a 100 mg THC limit/bar or at least when was out there two years ago. Just have to work you're way up and find what works for you. Sometimes it can take up to an hour to feel it.

It was infused gummies, lemon flavored -- I got a box of 20, 5 mg each.  Took about a quarter of one gummy yesterday, because I know from experience that I am pretty sensitive so starting low is prudent.  Might try half a gummy today and take it from there.    

• Like 1

you guys can buy it legally ?

Wow .

Dont do this ;

take 1st dose .... wait .... nothing .

so take 2nd dose .... wait .... still nothing .

take third dose  ... wait    .........   1st dose starts coming on.  Of dear !

Cookies ;   someone made some and  gave them out at a film night at the little cinema in town.  I had a half and WHOA ! .

At intermission, there where people outside draped over bushes and car bonnets, lying on car roofs  holding lamp posts . Turns out the girl that made them didnt use  left over leaf but the prime buds !    And some people had 3 of them !

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

speaking of edibles: 

For those over 21, mature and responsible, humblebundle.com has $1 ebook giveaway that includes 'Cannabis Cocktails, Mocktails & Tonics: The Art of Spirited Drinks and Buzz-Worthy Libations'-Cookbooks bundle.  I got the book but haven't made any recipes yet.  Actually I've never even purchased weed, but it is newly legal in my state.  It's going to be a long winter so.. maybe.

The book is written with love and cautions.  As much for those who might use the plant for medical reasons as recreational.  If you got hurt, particularly a chronic pain, having a tincture of marijuana available is not a bad idea.  His drink recipes seem first rate too.  Plus once you've made the book's butter, every baked good recipe can be..repurposed.

• Like 2

Whatever you do don´t store your unmarked "brownies" in the freezer and then invite an out-of-town guest to housesit while you´re away.  A weekend in a locked psych unit and thousands of dollars later, a brownie-loving pal of mine finally figured out what happened.

• Like 3

with all the different strains out there can one find out if say 10mg of such and such equals about 20mg of another one and so on?

it will probably be another 15 years before our backward authorities legalize weed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

you guys can buy it legally ?

Wow .

Yes, but they charge a 37% sales tax on it here in CA.  ((

1 hour ago, Nungali said:

Dont do this ;

take 1st dose .... wait .... nothing .

so take 2nd dose .... wait .... still nothing .

take third dose  ... wait    .........   1st dose starts coming on.  Of dear !

That used to happen to me with smoking it -- I did it so rarely and sporadically that I remained a perpetual novice.  

Importantly, don't do this with ayahuasca.  The first dose kicks in, you're getting what you asked for times 1000.  On its heels, the second dose finds you, three days later, standing immersed to the waist in a cold turbulent river while the shaman alternatively pours water over you from a bucket and blows smoke into the top of your head from a cigar as thick as an anaconda and almost as long.  Which eventually helps the second dose leave your system -- only to open the way for the third.  This one keeps you well away from this-here world for three more weeks, and basically never fully returns your mind back to its initial condition, for better or for worse.  As Wang Liping later told me when I described my adventures to him, "the rest is consequences."  I think he meant the rest of my life.   

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 4

22 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Whatever you do don´t store your unmarked "brownies" in the freezer and then invite an out-of-town guest to housesit while you´re away.  A weekend in a locked psych unit and thousands of dollars later, a brownie-loving pal of mine finally figured out what happened.

Remember this one folks  ? 

Go ask Alice

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With those edibles I mentioned earlier, I gradually worked my way up to 1 full gummy (5 mg active ingredient).  I don't like the effects during daytime, but I do when I take it half an hour before bed, chased with a drop of cognac.  Once in bed, I turn on a sci-fi audiobook, on very quiet, and fall asleep into the plot.  My mind collaborates with the narrative by creating its own plot lines, then the next evening I rewind to where I fell asleep and compare.  Here's an example:

The plot: George Bush, while president, has a tooth installed by an undercover Russian agent posing as a dentist, which is a kind of very intricate radio that can be receiving voices transmitted via special equipment (on just one specific wavelength, so there's no interference from any other sources).  The FSB (Federal Security Service of Russia) find a guy with a very powerful and artistic voice, and train him with daily seances combining a sensory deprivation tank, a cocktail of psychedelics, and readings (right into the inside of his head -- he has the same kind of radio tooth installed) of all the most prominent religious texts ever produced -- chiefly biblical but also a bit from other traditions.  The goal is to get him to tap into the "voice of God" that would sound absolutely genuine and then start transmitting right into Bush's head, impersonating God and giving him instructions.  And so on.

Then my dream-mind has a lot of fun with all the variables. ))

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 1

Since we’re on the subject of presidents; Biden remains staunchly opposed to legalization.

decades ago, I told everyone I smoked because of the pleasure the taste gave me. I smoked for the taste. 
if I tell you it tastes nicely green, well, that is highly subjective, isn’t it?
can you get an idea of what I’m describing? I think it could be difficult.

piney, fruity, sour, earthy, nutty, skunky, there is no shortage of descriptive words used to help one better understand the taste I’m describing.

dabs, wax, shatter, I can say tastes like hash, they have a hashy taste...takes me back to my teenage years when I was stationed in eastern turkey defending the “free world” enlisted in the US Air Force.

a few of my supervisors shared a credo; it is not alright to drink and drive, but it’s ok to fly high. Off into the wide blue yonder, even to fly beyond yonder.

ah nostalgia 

this morning I have some flowers called wedding cake and some strawberry cough dabs. Perhaps, you can imagine the taste?
I think I can help you out, it tastes like it always has, yes, the flavors may vary,

but the essence remains the same, it is freedom I taste as I exhale and watch the cloud roll out from my lungs. Freedom has a very pleasurable taste

IMO

• Like 1