I was actually thinking of starting a similar thread before I saw this.  Go cannabis!  I'm really enjoying the high-CBD oil that my sister makes every quarter or so. The anti-anxiety effects of high-CBD make for an exceptionally powerful medicine that leaves me feeling completely void of any concerns.  But I do prefer a splash of THC thrown in for the synergy.

If I'm ever out of oil, I simply buy a bunch of high-CBD flower and a small amount of full-blown THC strain and mix it up.  No anxiety, no paranoia, with very little erosion of focusing ability.  

I'm satisfied that the Endocannibinoid receptors are linked with the traditional meridians.  

That's enough for now.  I'm gonna go get hi!  Thanks for starting this thread!

• Like 1

And yes, weed amplifies my sense of chi flow, and yes, my ten years of brainwave entrainment have made my highs profoundly richer and imaginatively off the charts.  The trick is keeping the right ratio between creative amplification and focusing ability.

• Like 1

V. The Neurosomatic System

When this fifth “body-brain” is activated, flat Euclidean figure-ground configurations explode multi-dimensionally. Gestalts shift, in McLuhan’s terms, from linear visual space to all-encompassing sensory space. A hedonic turn-on occurs, a rapturous amusement, a detachment from the previously compulsive mechanism of the first four circuits. I turned this circuit on with pot and Tantra.

This fifth brain began to appear about 4,000 years ago in the first leisure-class civilizations and has been increasing statistically in recent centuries (even before the Drug Revolution), a fact demonstrated by the hedonic art of India, China, Rome and other affluent societies. More recently, Ornstein and his school have demonstrated with electroencephalograms that this circuit represents the first jump from the linear left lobe of the brain to the analogical right lobe.

The opening and imprinting of this circuit has been the preoccupation of “technicians of the occult”–Tantric shamans and hatha yogis. While the fifth tunnel-reality can be achieved by sensory deprivation, social isolation, physiological stress or severe shock (ceremonial terror tactics, as practiced by such rascal-gurus as Don Juan Matus or Aleister Crowley), it has traditionally been reserved to the educated aristocracy of leisure societies who have solved the four terrestrial survival problems.

About 20,000 years ago, the specific fifth brain neurotransmitter was discovered by shamans in the Caspian Sea area of Asia and quickly spread to other wizards throughout Eurasia and Africa. It is, of course, cannabis. Weed. Mother Mary Jane.

It is no accident that the pot-head generally refers to his neural state as “high” or “spaced-out.” The transcendence of gravitational, digital, linear, either-or, Aristotelian, Newtonian, Euclidean, planetary orientations (circuits I-IV) is, in evolutionary perspective, part of our neurological preparation for the inevitable migration off our home planet, now beginning. This is why so many pot-heads are Star Trek freaks and science fiction adepts.

The extraterrestrial meaning of being “high” is confirmed by astronauts themselves; 85% of those who have entered the free-fall zero gravity describe “mystic experiences” or rapture states typical of the neurosomatic circuit. “No photo can show how beautiful Earth looked,” raves Captain Ed Mitchell, describing his Illumination in free-fall. He sounds like any successful yogi or pot-head. No camera can show this experience because it is inside the nervous system.

Free-fall, at the proper evolutionary time, triggers the neurosomatic mutation, Leary believes. Previously this mutation has been achieved “artificially” by yogic or shamanic training or by the fifth circuit stimulant, cannabis. Surfing, skiing, skin-diving and the new sexual culture (sensuous massage, vibrators, imported Tantric arts, etc.) have evolved at the same time as part of the hedonic conquest of gravity. The Turn-On state is always described as “floating,” or, in the Zen metaphor, “one foot above the ground.”

https://chasereeves.net/2018/timothy-learys-8-circuits-consciousness/

• Like 3

An article in Forbes magazine june 27 by Emily Price, (who covers alcohol, cannabis, intoxicating travel and adventures)

Tells us of a Canadian research team that has studied 800 specific strains of cannabis sativa and identified a few that decrease the level of ACE2 gene expression, essentially closing the doors to covid-19 virus. These novel high CBD C. Sativa oils also prevent further propagation in individuals that have the virus.

There is currently quite the buzz going on concerning this possible breakthrough. ( I know, couldn't resist ) 

However, before you rush to dispensary or local dealer, understand, it is specific strains that are helpful. Other strains could be detrimental for this purpose.

The other thing about cannabis and Covid is that it is all theoretical.

To my knowledge, none has shown any benefit in human being... yet.

While I certainly hope it is effective, at this point it's important to balance the potentially negative effects of lung irritation from smoking and vaping (particularly oils and waxes) with theoretical benefits.

2 hours ago, zerostao said:

An article in Forbes magazine june 27 by Emily Price, (who covers alcohol, cannabis, intoxicating travel and adventures)

Tells us of a Canadian research team that has studied 800 specific strains of cannabis sativa and identified a few that decrease the level of ACE2 gene expression, essentially closing the doors to covid-19 virus. These novel high CBD C. Sativa oils also prevent further propagation in individuals that have the virus.

There is currently quite the buzz going on concerning this possible breakthrough. ( I know, couldn't resist ) 

However, before you rush to dispensary or local dealer, understand, it is specific strains that are helpful. Other strains could be detrimental for this purpose.

It may be the variations in terpenes that different cultivated species contain and not so much due to percent of THC.

I don't know who in the hell came up with the term 'strain' for cannabis, but strain is used in classifying bacteria and viruses. Cultivar and cultigen are scientific ways of classifying plants.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I dont know who the hell either and I doubt it will be overturned.

Every site I visit related to cannabis uses "strains"

Seems ironic. Irony always finds a way.

This would be among the sweetest ironies ever, if, cannabis sativa proves effective against covid19.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, zerostao said:

This would be among the sweetest ironies ever, if, cannabis sativa proves effective against covid19.

“Everybody must get stoned” if it is effective. :lol:

Edited by ralis
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Had to say goodbye to the bud.  A friend once told me that "weed is best when it is used the least," and I am periodically reminded of this fact.  I flushed my bud down the toilet on 7/12, inspired by an angst-ridden and delusional state as much as a sudden inspiration to take a break, and I feel terrific already.  I'm especially happy to re-experience dreaming again. 

I've kept my CBD oil.  There's a fraction of THC in it that makes this product work exceedingly well; complete elimination of any anxiety, which I think contributes to a better functioning mind. And the body-mind fusion I experience when I'm doing yoga or nei kung is just incredibly informative.  But three or four times a month is the absolute best frequency. 

• Like 1

Ah you could have vivid dreams everyday and smoke all you want.

Just add a ton of stress with moderate amount of trauma and no amount of weed will stop those vivid persistent dreams. 

In this situation, weed helps.

And for ptsd, nothing helps better than weed.

I'm no doctor and if a doctor disagrees with me, that's fine.

Everyone is different, encephalon, glad to hear you've found what works for you best.

• Like 1

What sort of a drug does this ;   smoke just about daily  for 40 years ,  takes a  one month trip away  so doesnt smoke  any, at all. One day, normal consumption, the next zero ... for a month . No side effects, no craving , no desire to try and get any .  It took longer to get to sleep when in bed , but a late night small single beer fixed that  , or just stayed up later than normal.

Same when I go any where nowadays  (due to modern detection systems put on travellers and drivers  )  from a couple of days to a few weeks .   Stayed at sisters and she was constantly ; "its okay if you want to go out side on verandah and have a smoke  .... there is a freaky cafe around the corner , you can probably get some there . "   " Nah !  I couldnt be bothered . . . . smoking so much dope has made me lazy  about scoring   "   :)   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/07/2020 at 9:34 AM, zerostao said:

Probably Marc Emery, or someone connected to him, he was basically responsible for North American bud overtaking Dutch bud as the highest quality on the planet and created many new strains.

• Like 1

Just stopping by the thread with Jack Herer, just wanted to kick back and see if ralis is down to smoke.

40 minutes ago, zerostao said:

Just stopping by the thread with Jack Herer, just wanted to kick back and see if ralis is down to smoke.

When smelling good bud, I’ve been known to invite myself to the party...

😎

• Haha 1

93_lotusjpg_595.jpg

Nymphaea caerulea

I have been a bit of an Egyptophyle since a teen and often wondered what their fascination with blue lotus was  about . Nowadays , it seems well known ;

Some evidence indicates the medicinal effects of plants including N. caerulea that contain the psychoactive alkaloid aporphine were known to both the Maya and the Ancient Egyptians.[4] ....   mildly sedating effects ..."

- Wiki.

I posted a while back about it and was going to hunt some , but then  flowers went out of season . Its not illegal here  so recently  I purchased  at 'happy herbs' shop .

I tried smoking a bit , Its fairly mild , ok ,  subtle . I did notice an effect on my vision - things seemed more accurate and illuminated , a bit like hashish, but without the stone . Almost like my eye sight improved  No body effects at all .   

Next I will try some tea .

https://www.zativo.com/blog/275-the-blue-lotus-nymphaea-caerulea

A bit like hashish without the stone, no body effects ?

Probably didn't taste like hashish either. Man, that taste!

Those effects!

Boring war story alert: :mellow:

My first week in Turkey I had made a name for myself somewhat when I "accidentally" missed my connection flight in Rome. I left Lexington, Ky with 20$ in my pocket, flew into JFK to Rome and would board another plane in Rome to Istanbul, then switch again at Istanbul for a final leg to Adana. I was 18 at the time and other than a couple trips to Florida or several trips to the Tennessee line,,,,I'd never been out of Kentucky. Other than basic training, combat skills,terrorist training in Texas.

When we touched down at Leonardo da Vinci airport, I had made up my mind and I hailed a taxi to the city. THE CITY! ROME! 3 days later I was broke, traded a pack of Marlboro reds for a ride back to the airport. Yeah I was AWOL AF, I didn't care, I just spent 3 days on the streets of Rome. I still had my ticket to Istanbul and Adana, they were very helpful at the airport, made a call got me on the next flight to Istanbul. It seemed like a couple of airport security, blue berets, green fatigues were actually pointing their grease guns at me. I just grinned at them.

Pardon me now as I pack a bowl here...

When I got off the plane and walked into the Istanbul airport before I could look for the flight to Adana, my future First Sergeant met me and walked me to that flight. He said there wouldn't be a tour of Istanbul. 

Hope I haven't told this story already. Sparks up bowl...

So, my first Friday night in the barracks, I was hanging out in the day room, looking at the murals, big can of budweiser painted on the wall, a staff sergeant walked in the room asked if I was the one from kentucky, yep, thats me. He handed me a fifth of jack daniels, not sure what part of yeah, I'm from Kentucky he didn't understand , handing me tennessee whisky and not dickle either, GD charcoal taste. Wasn't Jim Beam, thats for sure. But before I could break that down for him, he redeemed himself like a champ, handing me about a 3 gram flattened slab of Lebanese Blond.

Then he just left me alone, a couple of hours later I was hurling in the latrine, but I maintained that grin through it. I was proud to have joined the AF.

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, zerostao said:

A bit like hashish without the stone, no body effects ?

Probably didn't taste like hashish either. Man, that taste!

Those effects!

Boring war story alert: :mellow:

My first week in Turkey I had made a name for myself somewhat when I "accidentally" missed my connection flight in Rome. I left Lexington, Ky with 20$ in my pocket, flew into JFK to Rome and would board another plane in Rome to Istanbul, then switch again at Istanbul for a final leg to Adana. I was 18 at the time and other than a couple trips to Florida or several trips to the Tennessee line,,,,I'd never been out of Kentucky. Other than basic training, combat skills,terrorist training in Texas.

When we touched down at Leonardo da Vinci airport, I had made up my mind and I hailed a taxi to the city. THE CITY! ROME! 3 days later I was broke, traded a pack of Marlboro reds for a ride back to the airport. Yeah I was AWOL AF, I didn't care, I just spent 3 days on the streets of Rome. I still had my ticket to Istanbul and Adana, they were very helpful at the airport, made a call got me on the next flight to Istanbul. It seemed like a couple of airport security, blue berets, green fatigues were actually pointing their grease guns at me. I just grinned at them.

Pardon me now as I pack a bowl here...

When I got off the plane and walked into the Istanbul airport before I could look for the flight to Adana, my future First Sergeant met me and walked me to that flight. He said there wouldn't be a tour of Istanbul. 

Hope I haven't told this story already. Sparks up bowl...

So, my first Friday night in the barracks, I was hanging out in the day room, looking at the murals, big can of budweiser painted on the wall, a staff sergeant walked in the room asked if I was the one from kentucky, yep, thats me. He handed me a fifth of jack daniels, not sure what part of yeah, I'm from Kentucky he didn't understand , handing me tennessee whisky and not dickle either, GD charcoal taste. Wasn't Jim Beam, thats for sure. But before I could break that down for him, he redeemed himself like a champ, handing me about a 3 gram flattened slab of Lebanese Blond.

Then he just left me alone, a couple of hours later I was hurling in the latrine, but I maintained that grin through it. I was proud to have joined the AF.

Many moons ago I went out on NYE with some nurses from work. We started out first with a meal at a Lebanese place .  It was early, no one else there and we asked the waiter if he minded if we smoked a joint .  He went off at us "Of course not , you will stink the place out . What are you smoking ? "

"Hashish ."

" No ! ?  Show it to me ."

Okay then , showed it to him  and he  " RUBBISH! "   and throws it out the window     :blink: ....     :D 

"I show you REAL hashish ."  He goes out the back and comes back with this huge chunk that looked and smelled delightful .

Me ; "Can I smoke some of  that . "

"NO !  I told you, no stink out my restaurant ! "  and walks off gruffly  .... wtfs going on ?

Then he comes back pushing this old brass ornate cart with an old coffee service on it . Its got a little charcoal fuelled roaster, he roasts coffee beans, hashish and cardamom pods together , grinds them up in a brass grinder while water heats on the charcoal, makes the coffee in an ornate pot and pours us each a small cup full .

Man !  the taste of that !  Abso fantastic !   Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This is what good Lebanese get as their drink in heaven   :)

nsplsh_3742454566356830543834~mv2_d_3000

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, zerostao said:

Nungali, we should hang out around a campfire telling stories and smoking hashish. 

Can I just hang out and listen to your tales?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ilumairen said:

Can I just hang out and listen to your tales?

You bringing any hashish?! :) afghan is good I've heard.

Of course you're welcome, tend the fire if you want, and/or tell your tale. Be yourself.

Edited by zerostao

36 minutes ago, zerostao said:

You brining any hashish?! :) afghan is good I've heard.

Blond Turkish is the best!

• Like 1