Lord Josh Allen

Weather Magick

1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

Ya, but after the enlightenment experience thinking resumes once again, and thinking is always dualistic because that's how the mind works.  Your other observations about hiding behind an avatar are good, but I think you noticed how I tend to respond calmly to mature posters and tease the immature ones.

No ... its more like   you freak out at people that point out your blinding mistakes and self assured ignorance  (demonstrated by your Shaman comments ) , put people on ignore who disagree with you  and talk a load of bull shit   ( like , ' I am not posting any more except to  tout my book ' ) .

1 hour ago, Starjumper said:

Also, it's painfully obvious which ones are lying to themselves all the time.

Sure is ! 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Nungali said:

Thats an old lame internet forum cover up for someone that SAID they where going to ignore someone else - but cant  :D

Like the way you have to refer to me , but not by name , as you should not be reading my posts ... as you 'put me on ignore '

but I know you are reading this right now     :D    

:D    not only that  he has now started  'responding'  to my posts that he is 'ignoring '  :D 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Nungali said:

:D    not only that  he has now started  'responding'  to my posts that he is 'ignoring '  :D 

I find that most people I ignore like Limahong I actually ignore, but then there are others whose posts I still read on certain threads because I can still respond to them if I have something worthwhile saying. 

It is almost as if the ignore button is an unlocked door that people have to make extra effort to show their disdain rather than outright out of sight and out of mind.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

:D

I just ignore who and what I want to ignore, when I want to ignore it .

I dont have to  press a button or    announce to the person that they are 'on ignore'    as some type of 'botty caning'  ....... and then assiduously  read through every post they make just in case they are dissing me  :D    

...  And then  NOT be able to say anything back as I am supposed to be ignoring them ... and just have my botty caned  back  10 times worse   ... and not be able to say anything about that :D

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nungali said:

:D

I just ignore who and what I want to ignore, when I want to ignore it .

I dont have to  press a button or    announce to the person that they are 'on ignore'    as some type of 'botty caning'  ....... and then assiduously  read through every post they make just in case they are dissing me  :D    

...  And then  NOT be able to say anything back as I am supposed to be ignoring them ... and just have my botty caned  back  10 times worse   ... and not be able to say anything about that :D

Everyone who said they put me on ignore still reply to me. Hmm I wonder why... :) 

Human nature and the need to come up with a jarring insult in the age of desiring personal relevance? 

Funny thing is, not reacting at all (i.e.: ACTUALLY ignoring people) is how to achieve that...

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Nungali said:

Thats becasue , although sailing through stormy weather  Lord Josh did so with   intelligence,  thoughtful answers... and  all without  loosing his smirk  !   Bravo  !

Whereas Starjumper ....  well, just look at the ignorant  things he surmises about Shamanism .

And his general mood  ....

PRI_128981298-e1580304356829.jpg?quality

Hell, I would take that kitty home just to see how he/she is going to turn out.  If it is male, I would name it Ty, after Ty Cobb. If female I would name her Fu, after Fu Hao.

Edited by moment
  • Like 1

I've tried the ignore feature and prefer to not use it.  It's not ignoring, it's highlighting the ignored person's message and making it invisible which highlights it.

In the feed it's highlighted with a canned message that i repeatedly see which functionally links in mind to the reason for the ignoring, thus making it highlighted in mind, not ignored at all.

The feature doesn't ignore, it feels like i put on my headphones nice and loud and drown out a conversation in the room.  I know the conversation is happening.  I can see lips moving but can't make out what's being said.

It's clunky and for me, does the opposite of what is called for... which is ignoring.

When certain names pop on the feed, i scroll past.  it's low impact, non evasive and when done smoothly, the conversation keeps rolling as soon as the next comment comes into focus.

It's like i'm actually able to turn my focus away from something i would like not to engage with...

actual ignoring.

it's empowering.  i recommend it.

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Nungali said:

not only that  he has now started  'responding'  to my posts that he is 'ignoring '

I never put you on ignore, you blithering idiot.  I see what you write, you're just a sorry little liar who works hard to goad me into answering.  So it worked this time, congratulations. I've discovered that it's a waste of energy to try to explain away the lying accusation of clowns such as yourself, particularly when you pile them on twenty at a time, so I just look at what you write, shake my head, and go on to look for something worthwhile to respond to.

In a way you are right, I read but gnore you, I just never clicked the ignore button.  You're the kind of enemy that I like to watch rot away in your own filth.  Some might call it enjoying seeing your karma at work.

Like I said before, you win the DaoDumbs popularity contest hands down, I grant you that, it's not my gig.  It's like sitting at the 'cool' lunch table at the mental asylum.

I know you, Nungali, are upset because you fit the definition of lowest level shaman, I might rub your nose in that some more in the near future.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, silent thunder said:

I've tried the ignore feature and prefer to not use it.  It's not ignoring, it's highlighting the ignored person's message and making it invisible which highlights it.

In the feed it's highlighted with a canned message that i repeatedly see which functionally links in mind to the reason for the ignoring, thus making it highlighted in mind, not ignored at all.

The feature doesn't ignore, it feels like i put on my headphones nice and loud and drown out a conversation in the room.  I know the conversation is happening.  I can see lips moving but can't make out what's being said.

It's clunky and for me, does the opposite of what is called for... which is ignoring.

When certain names pop on the feed, i scroll past.  it's low impact, non evasive and when done smoothly, the conversation keeps rolling as soon as the next comment comes into focus.

It's like i'm actually able to turn my focus away from something i would like not to engage with...

actual ignoring.

I've had that problem before so I stopped using the ignore button.  However, I've tried it again recently with a couple of morons who just want to put me down, and they aren't entertaining like Moron Breath, so it's easy to ignore them.  It's been working so far.

Restraint works best, after all, but restraint can be used in conjunction with the ignore button.

Another thing is, in order not to waste too much time on the internet, I ignore almost everyone.  In a thread I'm involved in I read a lot of the posts, but resist the urge to comment.  More and more though, I ignore most threads and skip over more and more of the comments of those who are misguided in the threads I do read.

I really enjoy reading what some of the more advanced and mature, friendly people, write, such as yourself.

Edited by Starjumper

Long ago, a wise man asked me to guess the word that stupid people use to describe themselves.

He wrote this on a chalkboard after a minute:

Spoiler

SMART.

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 2

Today I learned that high-level shamans dress like the servers at Western-themed gay bars, and that Brokeback Mountain is located in the Ecuadorian Andes.

• Haha 6

5 hours ago, silent thunder said:

actual ignoring.

I use the ignore feature from time to time.

It actually works well for me, although I have to admit I find myself looking at ignored posts sometimes.

Mostly I find that I feel foolish using it.

How can I hope to make any progress with respect to the real challenges in my life if I can't deal with my reactivity to annoying, anonymous, keyboard warriors?

So I periodically take everyone off ignore and take all of this childish mudslinging as my practice.

What I mean by that is when I notice myself getting reactive to someone or something said, I turn inward and rest in the Nature of Mind as I pay attention to those feelings and thoughts inside. Without exception, that allows the reactivity to simply dissolve and I generally see humor in whatever was bothersome.

Edited by steve
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, steve said:

I use the ignore feature from time to time.

It actually works well for me, although I have to admit I find myself looking at ignored posts sometimes.

Mostly I find that I feel foolish using it.

How can I hope to make any progress with respect to the real challenges in my life if I can't deal with my reactivity to annoying, anonymous, keyboard warriors?

So I periodically take everyone off ignore and take all of this childish mudslinging as my practice.

What I mean by that is when I notice myself getting reactive to someone or something said, I turn inward and rest in the Nature of Mind as I pay attention to those feelings and thoughts inside. Without exception, that allows the reactivity to simply dissolve and I generally see humor in whatever was bothersome.

This!  Man steve, it's like you reached into my process and gave it words.

The essence of the whole post reflects, but the bolded words piercingly resonate.  Aspects absolutely pivotal in my process lately.

The mudslinging that gets my gander up, is touching the spot that is tender.

Where i feel it's not permissible to touch, that is the indicator of where awareness should linger to unveil the wound.

Where i can feel wronged in some way, is where ignorance yet resides.  And if i weren't made aware of it, how to sit with it and let it come to clarity?

it's been freeing to realize i am deeply grateful for those aspects of life that can still stir me up.

For where i am stirrable, is where the work resides.

Some decades ago this following thought arose, unsought and rang through awareness like a clarion bell/shout and has maintained a cornerstone presence within my process ever since.

"where laughter is not permitted, that is where my work lies.'

Where i do not feel permitted to play in bouyant simple raw being... there is blockage.

This is where to tune awareness and in the tuning, witness the dissolving of the judgement, the relevant position that supports it and the ensuing realization that this emotion is passing through awareness, like a wave passing through water.

When stirred up, i have begun to close eyes, go within and try to locate exactly where the emotion resides.

Most often, it's not in my body at all, interestingly.

Just as a wave is not made of water, it's what moves through the water.

I am not made of emotion, it is what passes through awareness.

Just as Birds are not made of Sky, they pass through sky.

Emotions as a metaphor to internal weather in awareness?

I've often wondered if human emotions add intensity, or diffuse intensity in external phenomenon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Starjumper said:

I've had that problem before so I stopped using the ignore button.  However, I've tried it again recently with a couple of morons who just want to put me down, and they aren't entertaining like Moron Breath, so it's easy to ignore them.  It's been working so far.

Restraint works best, after all, but restraint can be used in conjunction with the ignore button.

Another thing is, in order not to waste too much time on the internet, I ignore almost everyone.  In a thread I'm involved in I read a lot of the posts, but resist the urge to comment.  More and more though, I ignore most threads and skip over more and more of the comments of those who are misguided in the threads I do read.

I really enjoy reading what some of the more advanced and mature, friendly people, write, such as yourself.

For every post i publish here, i delete many, many more.  Before hitting submit i sit a bit, then reread the comment i'm responding to and my response to it.  If it pushes an agenda, lacks kindness, etc, it usually ends up deleted.

Not all farts need to be sniff-tested. 

Some time ago i gave up trying to argue with folks.  What a joy to set that bag down! 

Lately when speaking in person, or writing here, it's in the vein of exploring a topic, to grind deeper, or to share insight.  I do not want to push any particular view as 'the truth', no matter how compelling it is to me (for so often they shift soon anyway). 

I seek to share when something resonates, but there is no interest in shifting another's perceptions, nor any child-like notion that any of my coercions will alter anyone's take on life in a beneficial manner, or that my take on life is anything other than a passing butterfly (or pile of dog shit) to those who encounter them. 

I mean this very sincerely... How the fuck can i, (or did i ever presume to) know what another needs to encounter in their path to stimulate their awakening?  That I could, with the small vibrational sounds emanating from my face hole, stemming from the tiny thoughts in my mind, alter them for the better?

It's preposterous in the extreme to me.  This above most, tends to reveal rather quickly which of my responses needs to be deleted (which sadly is still most of them.  I'd guess I delete 6 posts for every one i publish).

Long dissolved is any notion of teaching anyone, or being the 'world police', who struts about knowing what is right and wrong and how to correctly bring about enforcing such.  Should folks observe me and find merit or kinship in my sharing, wonderful.  If my words irk them and stir their pot, that's out of my hands.  I simply have no dog and there is no fight.  Only awareness sharing awareness with other awareness.

This aspect of my unfolding process has resultted in great benefit and has contributed much to my inner peacefulness, bouyancy and ability to simply reside in my own raw being. 

Shutting the fuck up while allowing others to be is a magnificently simple and powerful practice.  Just because a thought arises doesn't mean i must engage it, or share it, or give it anything but momentary acknowledgement.

It's resulted in a blissful manifestation, not knee-jerking to respond to everything that elicits a reaction and opinion.  Some time ago this realization manifested in god voice clarity in my awareness.

"Just because you thought something and felt strongly about it, does not make it real, true, or important. 

They're just thoughts Creighton.  You have 60-90,000 a day.  Don't believe everything you think."

Don't respond to every itch.

Yes mind always has an opinion if engaged. 

I don't choose my thoughts, but i do have some small growing influence, over which thoughts i feed.

When i started back on the path of formal praxis, i got all fundamental about food and what I put in my body.

Then i got all fundamental about what i put on my body, brushed my teeth with and cleaned my clothes with.

Then I realized that far more impacting than either of those on my long term health and vitality, was what i allow myself to think and ruminate on in mind.

What i feed in mind becomes my reality.

Energy flows where attention goes.

what is attention on?

what is its true nature?

Lately, the unshakable and steadily more palpable realization is...

All thought is of the realm of thought and is equal unto itself.

Equally irrelevant to unfolding in raw being.

yeek, i'm rambling and in danger of deleting this lengthy mouth fuckery... better shut up and move on... but this post passes the 'sniff' test, at least for me :)  so it will be submitted.

deeply thankful to all who spend their precious time here. 

We have only so much energy in any given day.  That folks spend some of theirs here is amazing to me.  i find at this point in life, the only thing i can be said to possess, is my attention and presence.  That folks are willing to share that so abundantly is pure amazement to me.  Whether or not i agree is utterly inconsequential to the value of the shared presence.

Edited by silent thunder
altered the final sentence for clarity.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, steve said:

Huzzah!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

Long dissolved is any notion of teaching anyone, or being the 'world police', who struts about knowing what is right and wrong and how to correctly bring about enforcing such.  Should folks observe me and find merit or kinship in my sharing, wonderful.  If my words irk them and stir their pot, that's out of my hands.  I simply have no dog and there is no fight.  Only awareness sharing awareness with other awareness.

We've both been on this forum for quite a while.  Not that you were ever obnoxious to anyone, but I have certainly noticed your growth over the years.  And what has developed is a god-man, a person who knows fully who he is and appreciates the fact that we all come from separate conditionings and because of this, we can't possibly see as others do through their lens.  You are kind regardless of the flak that's going on around you.

Thank you for sticking around, ST.  You have morphed into something wonderful.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, manitou said:

We've both been on this forum for quite a while.  Not that you were ever obnoxious to anyone, but I have certainly noticed your growth over the years.  And what has developed is a god-man, a person who knows fully who he is and appreciates the fact that we all come from separate conditionings and because of this, we can't possibly see as others do through their lens.  You are kind regardless of the flak that's going on around you.

Thank you for sticking around, ST.  You have morphed into something wonderful.

:wub:   humbling and elevating simultaneously, your words here are for me my friend.

i consider you a qualified observer in my life and thus, your words resonate with much power for me;  that you give your time to share the way you do here is humbling for the quality of your sharing is remarkably and consistently nurturing.

That you find my presence worthy of the word kindness is elevating, for kindness is as close to a focus for action in my life as i have lately. 

Pythagorus said something that pierced me to the core when i first read it.

"Remain silent, or say something better than silence."

i routinely substitute the word kindness for silence in that phrase lately.

kindness, humor and simple raw presence.. what beyond this?

the rest settles as conditions and aggregates distill.

i am like a vaporous pattern, recognizable for a brief spate then dissolved like fog in morning light.

that it may be a gentle, warm, kind light is as close as a reason for continuing on as i have encountered.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, silent thunder said:

For every post i publish here, i delete many, many more.  Before hitting submit i sit a bit, then reread the comment i'm responding to and my response to it.  If it pushes an agenda, lacks kindness, etc, it usually ends up deleted.

Not all farts need to be sniff-tested. 

Some time ago i gave up trying to argue with folks.  What a joy to set that bag down! 

Lately when speaking in person, or writing here, it's in the vein of exploring a topic, to grind deeper, or to share insight.  I do not want to push any particular view as 'the truth', no matter how compelling it is to me (for so often they shift soon anyway). 

I seek to share when something resonates, but there is no interest in shifting another's perceptions, nor any child-like notion that any of my coercions will alter anyone's take on life in a beneficial manner, or that my take on life is anything other than a passing butterfly (or pile of dog shit) to those who encounter them. 

I mean this very sincerely... How the fuck can i, (or did i ever presume to) know what another needs to encounter in their path to stimulate their awakening?  That I could, with the small vibrational sounds emanating from my face hole, stemming from the tiny thoughts in my mind, alter them for the better?

It's preposterous in the extreme to me.  This above most, tends to reveal rather quickly which of my responses needs to be deleted (which sadly is still most of them.  I'd guess I delete 6 posts for every one i publish).

This aspect of my unfolding process has resultted in great benefit and has contributed much to my inner peacefulness, bouyancy and ability to simply reside in my own raw being. 

Shutting the fuck up while allowing others to be is a magnificently simple and powerful practice.  Just because a thought arises doesn't mean i must engage it, or share it, or give it anything but momentary acknowledgement.

It's resulted in a blissful manifestation, not knee-jerking to respond to everything that elicits a reaction and opinion.  Some time ago this realization manifested in god voice clarity in my awareness.

"Just because you thought something and felt strongly about it, does not make it real, true, or important. 

They're just thoughts Creighton.  You have 60-90,000 a day.  Don't believe everything you think."

Don't respond to every itch.

Yes mind always has an opinion if engaged. 

I don't choose my thoughts, but i do have some small growing influence, over which thoughts i feed.

When i started back on the path of formal praxis, i got all fundamental about food and what I put in my body.

Then i got all fundamental about what i put on my body, brushed my teeth with and cleaned my clothes with.

Then I realized that far more impacting than either of those on my long term health and vitality, was what i allow myself to think and ruminate on in mind.

What i feed in mind becomes my reality.

Energy flows where attention goes.

what is attention on?

what is its true nature?

Lately, the unshakable and steadily more palpable realization is...

All thought is of the realm of thought and is equal unto itself.

Equally irrelevant to unfolding in raw being.

yeek, i'm rambling and in danger of deleting this lengthy mouth fuckery... better shut up and move on... but this post passes the 'sniff' test, at least for me :)  so it will be submitted.

deeply thankful to all who spend their precious time here. 

We have only so much energy in any given day.  That folks spend some of theirs here is amazing to me.  i find at this point in life, the only thing i can be said to possess, is my attention and presence.  That folks are willing to share that so abundantly is pure amazement to me.  Whether or not i agree is utterly inconsequential to the value of the shared presence.

Very glad this one passed the sniff test.
There are a handful of people whose posts I read consistently. Needless to say, you are one. One thing I’ve noticed lately is how often I leave things unsaid. I’m not referring to my posts here, that changed years ago. As you mentioned, I delete the majority of posts I write and consider them carefully before offering them to the community. But in my day to day relationships - with my wife, my kids, my coworkers, and those who come to me for help; I simply seem to notice before careless, unhelpful, or potentially hurtful words are said. They come into awareness but then something happens, some space forms around them, there is a slight pause and the words hang there, ready to fly, and I simply choose to let them be. I don’t think I’ve ever regretted not saying something. On the other hand, I’ve regretted saying things too often.

Your other theme regarding our illusion that we know what others need or how they should act is also very dear to my heart. It’s fascinating to watch how arrogantly certain our minds can be about life choices of another when we are so blind about ourselves. Not much more to add to your eloquent posts here today.

With love and deep respect!

🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, steve said:

Very glad this one passed the sniff test.
There are a handful of people whose posts I read consistently. Needless to say, you are one. One thing I’ve noticed lately is how often I leave things unsaid. I’m not referring to my posts here, that changed years ago. As you mentioned, I delete the majority of posts I write and consider them carefully before offering them to the community. But in my day to day relationships - with my wife, my kids, my coworkers, and those who come to me for help; I simply seem to notice before careless, unhelpful, or potentially hurtful words are said. They come into awareness but then something happens, some space forms around them, there is a slight pause and the words hang there, ready to fly, and I simply choose to let them be. I don’t think I’ve ever regretted not saying something. On the other hand, I’ve regretted saying things too often.

Your other theme regarding our illusion that we know what others need or how they should act is also very dear to my heart. It’s fascinating to watch how arrogantly certain our minds can be about life choices of another when we are so blind about ourselves. Not much more to add to your eloquent posts here today.

With love and deep respect!

🙏🏽🙏🏽🙏🏽

such love and such respect my friend.

such gifts as the resonance of shared insight, and authentic connection... priceless treasure!

:wub:

talk about magick!

Edited by silent thunder
added the magick bit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

Everyone who said they put me on ignore still reply to me. Hmm I wonder why... :) 

Human nature and the need to come up with a jarring insult in the age of desiring personal relevance? 

Funny thing is, not reacting at all (i.e.: ACTUALLY ignoring people) is how to achieve that...

Ahhhh ... now I get it .  

I am supposed to be upset that  someone is ignoring me ,   right .

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, silent thunder said:

giphy.gif

( ceptin now Starjumper will take me off ignore   :(  )

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Starjumper said:

I never put you on ignore, you blithering idiot.  I see what you write, you're just a sorry little liar who works hard to goad me into answering.  So it worked this time, congratulations.

giphy.gif

I've discovered that it's a waste of energy to try to explain away the lying accusation of clowns such as yourself, particularly when you pile them on twenty at a time, so I just look at what you write, shake my head, and go on to look for something worthwhile to respond to.

HA!  BS!   You just got the shits with me becasue I called you out for defeding the Pedophile Sai Baba and his stupid lame stage magic show tricks .

.You're the kind of enemy that I like to watch rot away in your own filth.  Some might call it enjoying seeing your karma at work

Except I am not rotting away in filth , I am shining !

Whereas   you , well, your gradual demise here  is for all to observe .

Like I said before, you win the DaoDumbs popularity contest hands down, I grant you that, it's not my gig.  It's like sitting at the 'cool' lunch table at the mental asylum.

I see, you are sitting at a table at the mental asylum .... but , of course YOU are not part of the asylum - you just 'happen to be there' at the moment  :D

I know you, Nungali, are upset because you fit the definition of lowest level shaman, I might rub your nose in that some more in the near future.

How do you know that without even seeing me in my 'look at me - show off to others Shaman  outfit ' ?

here is the traditional LOCAL shamans outfit . ( I can assure you, I have one )

-bFv8lFyXbPsUTWLHs6kn0GmPkvSsfnXsI4bVMyY

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, SirPalomides said:

Today I learned that high-level shamans dress like the servers at Western-themed gay bars, and that Brokeback Mountain is located in the Ecuadorian Andes.

Now now, dont upset starjumper ..... he will put you on ignore !