Lord Josh Allen

Weather Magick

20 hours ago, mrpasserby said:

In my psychomanteum (for those who know my work this newly acquired word 'psychomanteum'. just means: my old domain bubble that I have frequently talked about), I us aesthetics, but not so much on the physical plane. This short video by a member of the the sorcerers guild lends support to aesthetics in magical workings: 

Is that you in the video, Mr. Passerby?

That video just blew my mind.  The explanation of the 'intent' part of spells, your hooking in with conditions within the room that already exist,  the hint of this all being connected with something greater, and the exquisite description of the dynamics at play.  This really amazes me because of the similarity to my own healing practices, in which I can 'see' the dynamics at play, trace them down to their source, and re-imprint so that the dynamic is changed and different manifestations result.  The mental process the video describes is the same method I use, and it's one that I just happened upon myself.  No one taught it to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steve said:

My gramma used to make me watch Engelbert Humperdink with her. Never quite got it myself but she was a big fan, loved Liberace too!

Excellent taste I must say! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Then the answer is a resounding "Eiiwww, gross!"

On behalf of low slung battleships everywhere, I object.  Resoundingly and repeatedly :angry:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, manitou said:

Is that you in the video, Mr. Passerby?

That video just blew my mind.  The explanation of the 'intent' part of spells, your hooking in with conditions within the room that already exist,  the hint of this all being connected with something greater, and the exquisite description of the dynamics at play.  This really amazes me because of the similarity to my own healing practices, in which I can 'see' the dynamics at play, trace them down to their source, and re-imprint so that the dynamic is changed and different manifestations result.  The mental process the video describes is the same method I use, and it's one that I just happened upon myself.  No one taught it to me.

manitouthanks for the compliment, but I am not that good looking:huh:. I am glad to hear that you came up with your own athletics to enhance your magical pursuits. I too like to manufacture my own workings, with just a pinch of a hint from someone else's spell on occasion.:)

Edited by mrpasserby
clearity

On 22/02/2020 at 12:22 AM, manitou said:

I just watched the weather magic video.  And Lord Josh Allen, you have the most graceful arms!  Your motion is beautiful.

I've found that very often, if one is capable of getting into Consciousness with the One, that it often works just to ask it to stop raining while I get to the car.

Thank you! 

4 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Just for you 

Spoiler

manboobs1.jpg

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Lord Josh Allen said:

I'm quite the Master with these silver shiny blazers, here is another one I have. I've worn this one a lot! Was very expensive. 

82664018_2614107338642530_2797006119040450560_o.jpg

What about cufflinks ?  Dont you have sets of amazing cufflinks  ?      Maybe you should get some new ones  , then you won't have that problem with needing to 'adjust ' them all the time .

:)

4 hours ago, manitou said:

On behalf of low slung battleships everywhere, I object.  Resoundingly and repeatedly :angry:

I thought for a moment ... maybe  Starjumper was up for an award  ; 'The Nungali, - Hey Dude, you thought up something I could not find on the internet  -  Award '

- but no ....

cap00165.png

• Haha 1

On 3/3/2020 at 2:50 AM, mrpasserby said:

In my psychomanteum (for those who know my work this newly acquired word 'psychomanteum'. just means: my old domain bubble that I have frequently talked about), I us aesthetics, but not so much on the physical plane. This short video by a member of the the sorcerers guild lends support to aesthetics in magical workings: 

Oh dear.... the words plastic shaman come to mind......mind games being the operative words. Its comical, why look like that? Real shamans you wouldn't recognise them if you met them. They don't look like this.;)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, manitou said:
   12 hours ago,  Starjumper said: 

i don't understand, or maybe you misunderstood?  My comment was in reference to breasts on Josh in particular, and men in general.

6 hours ago, flowing hands said:

Oh dear.... the words plastic shaman come to mind......mind games being the operative words. Its comical, why look like that? Real shamans you wouldn't recognise them if you met them. They don't look like this.;)

You seem to be heavily biased towards believing that anyone who wears a traditional outfit is a "plastic shaman" I'd encourage you to spend a day on The Left-Hand Path forums, you would be surprised to see it is nothing like you think it is. Maybe you are only active in the Taoist community and you don't know much about other cultures. I myself am active in the wider Occult circles, Aztec, Mayan, Chaos, etc. In those groups, it is seen as being "proper" in the same way as it is proper and respectful to wear a tuxedo at certain events. It adds another layer of commitment and dedication to one's spiritual path and helps separate the mundane self from the magical self when practicing multifaceted ceremonies. I'd encourage you to read the words of Professor Johnson, he writes extensively about the importance of Taoist ritual attire. 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Lord Josh Allen said:

It adds another layer of commitment and dedication to one's spiritual path and helps separate the mundane self from the magical self when practicing multifaceted ceremonies.

Any spiritual path that requires costumes is a joke.  Those costumes are for mid and low level shamans, for ones who need the help of spirits and for public displays.  The high level shamans don't need no steenking ceremonies, and they can often be seen in faded blue jeans and cowboy hats.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Any spiritual path that requires costumes is a joke.  Those costumes are for mid and low level shamans, for ones who need the help of spirits and for public displays.  The high level shamans don't need no steenking ceremonies, and they can often be seen in faded blue jeans and cowboy hats.

That is simply not true. Look at the book "Magical Tools and The Daoist Altar" From pages 10-31, it details the ritual garments, shoes, crowns, and regalia used for ceremonial magick and why they are essential to the practice. What are your sources? I'd like to read more about why some reject ritual clothing. Is it a modern act of rebellion against the old? I think it is usually the New Age followers who don't dedicate themselves fully to the practice, they enjoy cutting corners and insist on modernizing everything. Watering down the traditional methods is a major mistake as it leads to lesser results. I follow the old ways. I doubt Kongming ever wore a cowboy hat or jeans. 

• Like 1

On 15/02/2020 at 4:02 PM, flowing hands said:

I don't mean to be horrible, but I thought as much. I have been a traditional Dao shaman for nearly forty years. I was accepted by the immortals masters in a temple in Malaysia and have practiced under their tutelage since. One thing that separates me from others is the fact that I am physically possessed by the spirit master who has taught me all sorts of things including award winning martial arts. Now if you really want to alter the weather and I have, you have to have real contact with the Immortals in heaven otherwise both the weather and the immortals will ignore you. Your altar should face the East, that is the Dao heaven, the south is Quan Yin and the west is Buddha. In this video, you will see the inside of a small temple of the sect, me practicing martial arts back in the 90's and me begging the immortal master to come and draw the traditional Fa Fu and Fa Shui. I am actually wearing a robe of the sect. I have worn it three times in forty years!

The altar should face East? In regards to weather magick that is just not true. Look at Romance of The Three Kingdoms Chapter 49 "Kongming Borrows The Southeastern Winds" It says in the chapter that "The Altar of The Seven Stars" was built on the Southern Hills of Nanping Mountain and it was constructed out of red earth from the Southern quarter. Outdoor altars that are used for the practice of weather magick and nature manipulation usually face the South as this direction is considered to be the most divine. 

44 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Why cowboy hats? 

Are they cowboys?

And how many "high level shamans" do you actually know?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Lord Josh Allen said:

That is simply not true. Look at the book "Magical Tools and The Daoist Altar" From pages 10-31, it details the ritual garments, shoes, crowns, and regalia used for ceremonial magick and why they are essential to the practice. What are your sources? I'd like to read more about why some reject ritual clothing. Is it a modern act of rebellion against the old? I think it is usually the New Age followers who don't dedicate themselves fully to the practice, they enjoy cutting corners and insist on modernizing everything. Watering down the traditional methods is a major mistake as it leads to lesser results. I follow the old ways. I doubt Kongming ever wore a cowboy hat or jeans. 

You said costumes are required for dedication to a spiritual path.  That is incorrect.  Costumes are worn in religions, and religions are, like I said, a joke compared to real spiritual paths.

My source is Lao Tzu:  "The sage wears his jewel behind rough clothing"  My sources also originate from knowing a couple of top level powerful Taoist wizards, they wouldn't be caught dead in some costume..  

I can't speak to the disgusting habits of new age fairies and losers.  If you think you can learn the real thing from books, go ahead.

Edited by Starjumper

31 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

You said costumes are required for dedication to a spiritual path.  That is incorrect.  Costumes are worn in religions, and religions are, like I said, a joke compared to real spiritual paths.

My source is Lao Tzu:  "The sage wears his jewel behind rough clothing"  My sources also originate from knowing a couple of top level powerful Taoist wizards, they wouldn't be caught dead in some costume..  

I can't speak to the disgusting habits of new age fairies and losers.  If you think you can learn the real thing from books, go ahead.

I wouldn't say religions are a joke, I think that is quite a bigoted statement which encourages a tribalistic attitude of "my faith is superior to yours" type of argument. Occultism does not seek to override religion but to compliment it and incorporate it into the path of esoterism, why should they compete? Lao Tzu wasn't a ceremonial magacian so that really isn't an appropriate source nor is it related to the topic. I was talking about ritual magicians who practice elaborate workings, the kinds who use tools, incantations, hand seals, symbolism, etc. I wouldn't consider him a part of that group. You know a couple of people, I know a couple of hundred who would disagree with what you say. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lord Josh Allen said:

"my faith is superior

Beliefs are crutches for babies.  Costumes are for amateurs.

All real high level spiritual paths have commonality at their heart, but no belief or faith is required.  Religions are divisive.  You are clueless about what is real.

Wanting to change the weather is a desire, those who can see the mystery are desireless.

Anyway, Lordy, those who know can see that you are unable to hear or see anything about what real or high level means, so go on, play your silly games.

Wizards aren't flat chested either.

Since it is clear that you are unwilling of unable to comprehend what I am talking about we are done now.  You stick to your silly faiths.

Edited by Starjumper

7 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

Beliefs are crutches for babies.  Costumes are for amateurs.

All real high level spiritual paths have commonality at their heart.  Religions are divisive.  You are clueless about what is real.

Wanting to change the weather is a desire, those who can see the mystery are desireless.

Anyway, Lordy, those who know can see that you are unable to hear or see anything about what real or high level means, so go on, play your silly games.

Wizards aren't flat chested either.

Way to prove his point about the claimed superiority of your path..

• Haha 2