Lord Josh Allen

Weather Magick

How interesting the first three pages here were hazing for Josh, then jovial welcoming from most of us, then a discussion on self-initiation and traditional learning from Walker, a brief absence, and now the ribbing here on page 20 is no longer directed at Josh but at Starjumper. 

If there's any metaphorical weather magic here, it appears that it's the winds of changing fortunes. 

If this thread goes to another 20 pages, I wonder what it will look like then. 

At the very least, it looks like Josh is a welcome member of the community given that everyone active on the forum has said something that shows their personalities and skills on this thread!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2020 at 5:21 AM, Lord Josh Allen said:

I'm quite the Master with these silver shiny blazers, here is another one I have. I've worn this one a lot! Was very expensive. 

82680447_2614107201975877_1778644711456636928_o.jpg

82664018_2614107338642530_2797006119040450560_o.jpg

Is most of your attire custom-tailored? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Another thing that is known about shamanism, is that the low and medium level shamans hate it when a high level shaman comes to town; so ... let the crybaby tantrums continue.

Is this the issue then?

Do the tantrums make you feel better? A little less insecure? More important?

4 hours ago, Nungali said:

Dot worry ... he is a guy that   doesnt like manboobs   AND  doesnt like men with flat chests .  

I guess concave chests are the only thing left for him ?

No, no, no. Very few could compete with a man with a "puffed up" chest, so full of his self importance and stature..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

His foot should stamp,
And his throat should growl,
His hair should twirl,
And his face should scowl;
His eyes should flash,
And his breast protrude,
And this should be his customary attitude.

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, Lord Josh Allen said:

Beliefs are crutches but you believe "costumes" are for amateurs and that religion is inferior.

A religion is where people go to hear about what some realizer said, a spiritual practice is where people work to become realizers themselves.

Let me rephrase that for you.  

Someone who knows their ass from a hole in the ground will tell you that a religion is where people go to hear what some power or money hungry bozo wants them to think some realizer said, in a spiritual practice people work to become realizers themselves.

You are right, of course, religions are superior after all ... for inferior people.  Therefore wearing costumes is superior after all, for impressing inferior people.

Using your hollow logic you must be a baby with a crutch. Go figure. You talk about wanting, what about not wanting? Not wanting is also a desire. If you don't want to do something, you desire not to do it. I don't think you are thinking before you type. Very strange indeed.

The sage can see both sides of the coin, morons only look at one side.  This is due to ego problems.  If you knew anything about Taoism you would have noticed the word 'desireless'.  Desireless means accepting things as they are, it means not giving a fuck, being happy with the weather whatever it brings.  

Beliefs are crutches.  Believe means do not know.  Got the message yet?  Religions are all about beliefs, therefore they are inferior ... for real people ... yet superior for babies who need crutches.

Yes, I am unwilling and unable to turn a blind eye to poor argumentation. 

It looks more like you're just plain blind.  That's to be expected though, from a smirking egoist.  Do you also imagine yourself to be a Taoist?  Why is that, because it's a new age fashion, or because you are a member of a lineage?

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

How interesting the first three pages here were hazing for Josh, then jovial welcoming from most of us, then a discussion on self-initiation and traditional learning from Walker, a brief absence, and now the ribbing here on page 20 is no longer directed at Josh but at Starjumper. 

If there's any metaphorical weather magic here, it appears that it's the winds of changing fortunes. 

I've always enjoyed watching the tables get turned on bullies...

It's been nice to watch things evolve here without moderation.

The community seems to be coming together and self-moderating in interesting ways.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I guess you could say that trolling for idiots is a kind of bullying.  I think it's seen as bullying because it works so well.  It's kind of fun, it causes people to show their true natures.  I LIKE it.

So, let's see who's next.

Edited by Starjumper

11 minutes ago, steve said:

I've always enjoyed watching the tables get turned on bullies...

It's been nice to watch things evolve here without moderation.

The community seems to be coming together and self-moderating in interesting ways.

I don't always agree with people like Starjumper, and even then, he's quite a character with some valid points. A little blunt around the edges when stating things, but he achieved his level of skill based on who he is and that is respectable (though some would also say the opposite). 

In general, I find our character is both what allows us to earn the skill we have and reflects the skill we acquired, meaning when we grow, we let our skill catch up. 

A great example of that is season 2 of Cobra Kai: all the wisdom of Miyagi-san was thrown out the door by Daniel LaRusso, while Johnny Laurence wanted to be the better man in spite of the original teachings of Cobra Kai, and it showed in their brief fight in the finale where Johnny held the upper hand. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 2

I'm such a pushover in real life.  When I go to town people think I'm such a nice guy, real quiet and shy, you know.  But I hardly ever go into town.  There's just something about this forum that brings out my true self  ;)  I won't say what it is about this forum right now cuz people might get trolled.  Maybe later.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, SirPalomides said:

That's when the mask of "cool, grizzled mountain man" falls off and the face of a bitter, thin-skinned acid burnout alone in a cabin is revealed.

In your dreams

I have built a real nice house in a beautiful setting, in a very pure and peaceful place in some wild nature in a big valley where I own both sides including a mountain top, so almost all I see belongs to me.  No neighbors.  All the neighbors with their noisy barking dogs and crowing roosters are far down the mountain, unseen and unheard.  Not all alone,  I have a nice wife with a pure heart who is a fantastic cook.  I'm surrounded by a couple of beautiful shepherds, three cats who are real sweethearts, three friendly but sassy ducks, a couple of beautiful horses, lots of singing birdies, and I have a real nice, emotionally mature student who is my friend,  who comes here.  There's lots of flowers, some nice gardens, fruit trees all over the place.  I have some dragons protecting me and the area, and my wife has what she calls angels that help her out when she wants. I haven't taken acid for over forty years, I don't drink, and I don't smoke pot very often.  Sales of my book and videos makes a nice little addition to my social security.  I have a lot that I am thankful for.

So, Sir Palomides, tell us about your kind of loneliness.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

OK!  Am I the only one who thinks that this thread is starting to smell like the shitty end of a stick?  First it was abusive, then it was accepting, then it was playful, then instructive and still somewhat playful.  Now, it is just degenerating into negative bullshit!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, moment said:

OK!  Am I the only one who thinks that this thread is starting to smell like the shitty end of a stick?  First it was abusive, then it was accepting, then it was playful, then instructive and still somewhat playful.  Now, it is just degenerating into negative bullshit!

Seriously weathering all the emotions here....pun intended. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Seriously weathering all the emotions here....pun intended. 

Ok Earl, you opened the door, now reap the whirlwind: Did you hear of the story about the tornado? There is a twist at the end.

He was hit on the head during a hail storm and was knocked out cold.

Lightning storms can be very striking.

News of a coming flood was leaked.

Edited by moment
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, moment said:

Ok Earl, you opened the door, now reap the whirlwind: Did you hear of the story about the tornado? There is a twist at the end.

He was hit on the head during a hail storm and was knocked out cold.

News of a coming flood was leaked.

Well, I guess we just have to weather the storm of bad puns coming now. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, moment said:

My chi kung teacher told me that chi kung masters are more likely to get hit by lightning

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/4/2020 at 10:40 AM, Starjumper said:

The high level shamans can often be seen in faded blue jeans and cowboy hats.

The reason I mentioned it like this is because I lived in the US in the West, and here I live in cattle country; and wizards are like Ninjas, in that they (the real ones) like to blend in with the crowd and not stand out like clowns in costumes.

Lard Ass implied that if someone doesn't like man boobs or flat chests then there is nothing else.  But there IS something else, which Lard Ass evidently is unaware of, called a well formed body, like this :) 

749aa7cda5a27fac645edb418c5fcbc6--countr

Real Nei Kung adepts, like me, have well formed bodies.

Whereas Lard Ass is like this:

clown-street-milan-italy-july-summer-140

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

I don't always agree with people like Starjumper, and even then, he's quite a character with some valid points. A little blunt around the edges when stating things, but he achieved his level of skill based on who he is and that is respectable (though some would also say the opposite). 

Hi Earl, 

I understand the desire to "go to bat" for star, and in the past I often made my own excuses for his behavior toward others. 

3 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

In general, I find our character is both what allows us to earn the skill we have and reflects the skill we acquired, meaning when we grow, we let our skill catch up. 

He may have martial skill, but as evidenced by his interactions with others, dating back to the early 2000's, his interpersonal skills are lacking, and while once I was hopeful for growth, all I've seen over the years is the habituated reactions of an over sized persona - quite able to dish it out, but not so able to take it.

Perhaps in real life he is the sweety he claims to be, although I've come to suspect this is also part of the persona, and what is suppressed there (in everyday life) comes bubbling out online..

If one wishes to act like the biggest asshole in the room, then they shouldn't be surprised when people start to believe they're the biggest asshole in the room and treat them accordingly.. even if they claim to only be trolling and super sweet "irl."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

The reason I mentioned it like this is because I lived in the US I lived in the West, and here I live in cattle country; and wizards are like Ninjas, in that they (the real ones) like to blend in with the crowd and not stand out like clowns in costumes.

Lard Ass implied that if someone doesn't like man boobs or flat chests then there is nothing else.  But there IS something else, which Lard Ass evidently is unaware of, called a well formed body, like this :) 

749aa7cda5a27fac645edb418c5fcbc6--countr

Real Nei Kung adepts, like me, have well formed bodies.

Whereas Lard Ass is like this:

clown-street-milan-italy-july-summer-140

Awshit! Oh well!

Edited by moment
  • Like 1

I have to tell you guys, sometimes it feels like this on TDB.

The Deep End: Wrecktal Exam

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, moment said:

I have to tell you guys, sometimes it feels like this on TDB.

The Deep End: Wrecktal Exam

What? You didn't like the 20 something model star claimed to have a body like?

Yeah, me either.. I'd honestly rather talk about the weather. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Starjumper said:

My chi kung teacher told me that chi kung masters are more likely to get hit by lightning

Do you have any experience "calling the lightning"?

I saw in my notices at the top of the page that Ilumaren quoted me, but I can't see her posts.  Someone should let her know that she was put on permanent ignore quite a few days ago.

• Haha 1