9 minutes ago, ralis said:

AGW is causing serious problems which are compounding! I take it very seriously!

as well you should. 

Course, both sides should look at the science and should in my humbled unstudied opinion see that both sides have decent points that don't conflict.  In that there are sun (ie natural) cycles that highly influential our weather, and that human pollutions are clearly changing the composition of our atmosphere and that has consequences.  Put a dome around some unfortunate city and it'd be clear real fast.  Without the dome, our pollution gets (mostly) blown away but it's still having a dire affect, just slower. 

<addon>  this summer my sons Lake Michigan Triathlon was turned duathlon at the last minute because the Lake was too high!? 

Edited by thelerner

17 minutes ago, thelerner said:

as well you should. 

Course, both sides should look at the science and should in my humbled unstudied opinion see that both sides have decent points that don't conflict.  In that there are sun (ie natural) cycles that highly influential our weather, and that human pollutions are clearly changing the composition of our atmosphere and that has consequences.  Put a dome around some unfortunate city and it'd be clear real fast.  Without the dome, our pollution gets (mostly) blown away but it's still having a dire affect, just slower. 

<addon>  this summer my sons Lake Michigan Triathlon was turned duathlon at the last minute because the Lake was too high!? 

The sun is not a factor in human caused AGW. That is a fact! Solar heating is a favorite argument put forth by deniers and their arguments have been thoroughly debunked. 

CO2 as well as CH4 traps heat i.e, greenhouse effect, which is where the fallacious argument by deniers originates. 

Edited by ralis

On 11/28/2019 at 10:43 AM, ralis said:

I read about tipping points yesterday. This is exactly the way in which non-linear dynamic systems behave! All life in this biosphere is in serious trouble and it can only become worse!

I think it's too late, we're past the tipping point. The only thing that's going to save the planet is human extinction.

Oceanographer Jim Massa in livestream chat tonight

starts 45:10-1:08:15 Super Scientific Researcher, Oceanographer Jim Massa

So I just "live streamed" chatted with Jim Massa - he's a very excellent researcher. He says it's too late for life on earth to escape mass extinction from abrupt global warming...

So of course hardly anyone sees his youtube channel! Feedback Loops already here.

https://twitter.com/jim27182

at 1 hour to 1:15 Livestream chat with Jim Massa

They're not accounting for fluid dynamics, is not what they're accounting for....that can lead to a collapse of the food chain.... I think it's too late, we're past the tipping point. The only thing that's going to save the planet is human extinction.

https://www.edge-show.com/we-talk-to-a-super-scientist-oceanographer-and-climate-expert-first-politics-from-the-road-with-michael-shure-and-journalist-brooke-thomas/

starts 45:10-1:08:15 Super Scientific Researcher, Oceanographer Jim Massa

Study finds marine mammal viruses are traveling between oceans as sea ice recedes

http://kotz.org/2019/11/13/study-links-emergence-of-foreign-virus-in-arctic-marine-mammals-to-loss-of-sea-ice/

• Like 1

Does it matter why you want to plant a tree and save a whale? If it feels good to do so?

Does it matter why you want to drive a vehicle? And build a factory? If it feels good to do so? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Everything said:

Does it matter why you want to plant a tree and save a whale? If it feels good to do so?

Does it matter why you want to drive a vehicle? And build a factory? If it feels good to do so? 

You are off topic here! If you have something to contribute then do so. If not don't post in this thread!

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, ralis said:

You are off topic here! If you have something to contribute then do so. If not don't post in this thread!

The climate is being off topic with itself evermore ongoingly being and becoming evermore here and now, as well, is it not? ^_^

Edited by Everything

8 minutes ago, Everything said:

The climate is being off topic with itself evermore ongoingly being and becoming evermore here and now, as well, is it not? ^_^

Would you translate that to English and as opposed to gibberish?

• Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, ralis said:

The answer you seek will always be coming to you, in all the ways that you can possibly be. 

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Everything said:

7 hours ago, ralis said:

I'll give it a shot... as it sounds very Sartre like.

Climate is every changing, day by day (even second by second)... just as you cannot jump into the same river twice idea (Heraclitus). 

So, in every second, if the climate is changing, it is 'off topic' to itself (as that is its nature).

1 minute ago, dawei said:

I'll give it a shot... as it sounds very Sartre like.

Climate is every changing, day by day (even second by second)... just as you cannot jump into the same river twice idea (Heraclitus). 

So, in every second, if the climate is changing, it is 'off topic' to itself (as that is its nature).

Are you denying human caused Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW)?  It was Frank Luntz that manufactured the current meme called “climate change”, which is dishonest and leads to doing nothing!

3 minutes ago, ralis said:

Are you denying human caused Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW)?  It was Frank Luntz that manufactured the current meme called “climate change”, which is dishonest and leads to doing nothing!

I only attempted to interpret/translate his [loosely nonsensical] comment/meaning.    I didn't see AGW mentioned in his comments.  I would not necessarily take his meaning as denyhing AGW but he would have to say that.    I would suggest that he likes to talk 'above' the topic at hand... and why he comes across as always 'off-topic'.     JMO.