Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, ralis said:


AGW is causing serious problems which are compounding! I take it very seriously!

as well you should. 

 

Course, both sides should look at the science and should in my humbled unstudied opinion see that both sides have decent points that don't conflict.  In that there are sun (ie natural) cycles that highly influential our weather, and that human pollutions are clearly changing the composition of our atmosphere and that has consequences.  Put a dome around some unfortunate city and it'd be clear real fast.  Without the dome, our pollution gets (mostly) blown away but it's still having a dire affect, just slower. 

 

<addon>  this summer my sons Lake Michigan Triathlon was turned duathlon at the last minute because the Lake was too high!? 

 

 

Edited by thelerner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, thelerner said:

as well you should. 

 

Course, both sides should look at the science and should in my humbled unstudied opinion see that both sides have decent points that don't conflict.  In that there are sun (ie natural) cycles that highly influential our weather, and that human pollutions are clearly changing the composition of our atmosphere and that has consequences.  Put a dome around some unfortunate city and it'd be clear real fast.  Without the dome, our pollution gets (mostly) blown away but it's still having a dire affect, just slower. 

 

<addon>  this summer my sons Lake Michigan Triathlon was turned duathlon at the last minute because the Lake was too high!? 

 

 


The sun is not a factor in human caused AGW. That is a fact! Solar heating is a favorite argument put forth by deniers and their arguments have been thoroughly debunked. 
 

CO2 as well as CH4 traps heat i.e, greenhouse effect, which is where the fallacious argument by deniers originates. 

Edited by ralis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2019 at 10:43 AM, ralis said:

 

I read about tipping points yesterday. This is exactly the way in which non-linear dynamic systems behave! All life in this biosphere is in serious trouble and it can only become worse!

 

Quote

 I think it's too late, we're past the tipping point. The only thing that's going to save the planet is human extinction.

Oceanographer Jim Massa in livestream chat tonight

starts 45:10-1:08:15 Super Scientific Researcher, Oceanographer Jim Massa

 

So I just "live streamed" chatted with Jim Massa - he's a very excellent researcher. He says it's too late for life on earth to escape mass extinction from abrupt global warming...

 

So of course hardly anyone sees his youtube channel! Feedback Loops already here.

 

https://twitter.com/jim27182

 

at 1 hour to 1:15 Livestream chat with Jim Massa

Quote

They're not accounting for fluid dynamics, is not what they're accounting for....that can lead to a collapse of the food chain.... I think it's too late, we're past the tipping point. The only thing that's going to save the planet is human extinction.

https://www.edge-show.com/we-talk-to-a-super-scientist-oceanographer-and-climate-expert-first-politics-from-the-road-with-michael-shure-and-journalist-brooke-thomas/

 

starts 45:10-1:08:15 Super Scientific Researcher, Oceanographer Jim Massa

 

Quote

Study finds marine mammal viruses are traveling between oceans as sea ice recedes

http://kotz.org/2019/11/13/study-links-emergence-of-foreign-virus-in-arctic-marine-mammals-to-loss-of-sea-ice/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does it matter why you want to plant a tree and save a whale? If it feels good to do so?

 

Does it matter why you want to drive a vehicle? And build a factory? If it feels good to do so? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Everything said:

Does it matter why you want to plant a tree and save a whale? If it feels good to do so?

 

Does it matter why you want to drive a vehicle? And build a factory? If it feels good to do so? 

 

You are off topic here! If you have something to contribute then do so. If not don't post in this thread!

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ralis said:

 

You are off topic here! If you have something to contribute then do so. If not don't post in this thread!

The climate is being off topic with itself evermore ongoingly being and becoming evermore here and now, as well, is it not? ^_^

Edited by Everything

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Everything said:

The climate is being off topic with itself evermore ongoingly being and becoming evermore here and now, as well, is it not? ^_^

 

Would you translate that to English and as opposed to gibberish?

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ralis said:

 

Would you translate that to English and as opposed to gibberish?

The answer you seek will always be coming to you, in all the ways that you can possibly be. 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Everything said:

The climate is being off topic with itself evermore ongoingly being and becoming evermore here and now, as well, is it not? ^_^

 

7 hours ago, ralis said:

 

Would you translate that to English and as opposed to gibberish?

 

I'll give it a shot... as it sounds very Sartre like.

 

Climate is every changing, day by day (even second by second)... just as you cannot jump into the same river twice idea (Heraclitus). 

 

So, in every second, if the climate is changing, it is 'off topic' to itself (as that is its nature).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dawei said:

 

 

I'll give it a shot... as it sounds very Sartre like.

 

Climate is every changing, day by day (even second by second)... just as you cannot jump into the same river twice idea (Heraclitus). 

 

So, in every second, if the climate is changing, it is 'off topic' to itself (as that is its nature).


Are you denying human caused Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW)?  It was Frank Luntz that manufactured the current meme called “climate change”, which is dishonest and leads to doing nothing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ralis said:


Are you denying human caused Anthropogenic Global Warming (AGW)?  It was Frank Luntz that manufactured the current meme called “climate change”, which is dishonest and leads to doing nothing!

 

I only attempted to interpret/translate his [loosely nonsensical] comment/meaning.    I didn't see AGW mentioned in his comments.  I would not necessarily take his meaning as denyhing AGW but he would have to say that.    I would suggest that he likes to talk 'above' the topic at hand... and why he comes across as always 'off-topic'.     JMO.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oceanic oxygen volume is being reduced by AGW.

 

https://www.oceanscientists.org/index.php/topics/ocean-deoxygenation

 

Quote

Ocean deoxygenation refers to the loss of oxygen from the oceans due to climate change (Keeling et al. 2010). Long-term ocean monitoring shows that oxygen concentrations in the ocean have declined during the 20th century, and the new IPCC 5th Assessment Report (AR5 WG1) predicts that they will decrease by 3-6% during the 21st century in response to surface warming. While 3-6% doesn’t seem like much, this decrease will be felt acutely in hypoxic and suboxic areas, where oxygen is already limiting. “Hypoxic” areas are defined as regions where oxygen limitation is detrimental to most organisms. This threshold differs across the world, but is usually defined as anything below 60 umol/kg. Hypoxic zones have oxygen concentrations 70-90% lower than the mean surface concentrations. “Suboxic” areas are areas where oxygen is so low (less than 5 umol/kg) that most life cannot be sustained and significant biogeochemical changes occur due to altered water chemistry. Suboxic zones have oxygen concentrations 98% lower than the mean surface concentrations. A recent study found that a 1°C warming throughout the upper ocean will result in the increase of hypoxic areas by 10% and a tripling of the volume of suboxic waters (Deutsch et al. 2011). To put this in context, a highly optimistic emissions scenario of atmospheric CO2 levels of 550 ppm by 2100 would lead to a 1.2°C warming of the upper ocean (Mora et al. 2013). Therefore, these declines in oxygen are changes we should be prepared to see. An education video on ocean deoxygenation can be viewed here

 

 

Quote

Oxygen content in the water is dependent on photosynthesis (produces oxygen), animal respiration (uses oxygen), and physical mixing. Ocean warming is reducing global ocean oxygen content through several key mechanisms (Keeling et al. 2010) including:

Stratification impacts: Anthropogenic warming causes surface waters to become warmer and thereby less dense, leading to a more stratified (layered) water column, which reduces mixing. Other impacts of climate change to the water cycle can also lead to a more stratified water column. These include inputs of freshwater to the ocean from rain, river runoff, or melting ice.

Warming effects: As a physical rule, warmer water holds less oxygen. As the surface waters warm due to climate change, the ocean loses its ability to hold oxygen, leading to an oxygen decline.

Biological effects: Changes to the biological use and production of oxygen can lead to changes in oxygen content in the water. Warmer ocean temperatures increase oxygen demand from organisms. Increased nutrient inputs (either through coastal runoff or through upwelling) also lead to more oxygen depletion at mid-depths (100-1000m).

Circulation changes: Changes in ocean circulation are also implicated with some of the observed declines in dissolved oxygen (Grantham et al. 2004). Slowing circulation and increased upwelling of oxygen-poor deep-water can lead to reductions in oxygen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we shall reap what we sow, no getting around that law...so lets do whatever we can in very small, medium and even big ways that all add up to help the myriad lives upon the earth and reduce the many forms of suffering here,   the Earth soul, her helpers and keepers and karma will not be denied along the way and in the end - when the black soul of hungry malice and his minions can no longer step foot here. (so to speak)

 

I've just barely touched on the importance of the related causal spiritual/astral war that is affecting life on earth....  and I'd say it is coming to a head, regardless of  human opinions, beliefs or non-beliefs about same.  

Edited by old3bob
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites