Lightseeker

Any spiritual techniques to increase intelligence and IQ?

I have read about Ars Notoria. I really wanted to practice, but I heard that it calls upon malefic forces.. does anyone know energy recharging exercises etc, to become very intelligent??

Edited by Lightseeker
  • Haha 1

Reading and studying can help intelligence. 

Not being a wise ass, either. People usually overlook the hard work and search for a short cut. 

But reading every night night instead of watching TV will definitely help. 

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 3

In addition to my reading recommendation, things like meditation will definitely help. The less your mind is cluttered by junk, the more “space” you’ll be able to fill with critical thinking/problem solving - whatever is needed in the moment. 

Id also try and stimulate your creative side... take up painting or some creative outlet. Stimulate your brain in new ways. New patterns, new places. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lightseeker said:

does anyone know energy recharging exercises etc, to become very intelligent??

Some ideas:

Thinking is a bodily process, so Health and Functionality are basic to this.

First off, whole brain & functioning physical body is made of food. Food must be of the type that actually can make a thinking human being in a given environment.

That means no industrial or commercialized foods, no GMO, no chemicals added in any way. Whole natural food. Not canned or packaged. Live in nature, maybe do a little farming or gardening.

Avoid all vaccinations. Alzheimer's disease is induced in lab mice by injection of aluminum chloride - which is in most vaccines today. Some, like flu vaccine, have mercury, which is also a serious neurotoxin.

Avoid fluoridated chlorinated municipal water. Brain toxins.

Avoid all recent plastic products, commercially prepared wood, and anything else gassing off endocrine interrupting chemicals.

Develop natural intelligence and intuition. This means no phones, no televisions or computers - no devices - just being active in nature and talking to people and animals, etc, and dealing with real events in the real physical world, not synthetic media simulations of a fake reality featuring lying actors, etc.

Study everything. 

Pay attention and be aware.

Get in big and bad trouble and danger and work your way out of it.

This builds "Will", which is the basis of all thinking.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

Here's a mantra, you should say while pointing with both hands to your chest each time you breathe in, and hold them there after the mantra is recited, then drop them after each repetition. 

"Hohwhatanassayam."

Say it aloud, then after 10x, slow down half speed, then after another 10x, slow down half speed again. Most helpful in front of your parents, friends, classmates, and teachers. 

Edited by Earl Grey
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

Sit in a meditation posture and perform mind maths.

Start with something simple like *2 and it goes like this 1*2=2 , 2*2=4, 4*2=8, 8*2=16. With large numbers you'll develop memory as well.

Main Tip --> Take your time to multiply numbers, no need to be superfast... but with time and practice you will acquire an impressive skill.

tenor.gif

7 hours ago, Lightseeker said:

I have read about Ars Notoria. I really wanted to practice, but I heard that it calls upon malefic forces.. does anyone know energy recharging exercises etc, to become very intelligent??

Dunno.

• Haha 3

The best way to increase your IQ is to practice answering questions found in IQ tests, but given all the more useful and interesting things we could do with that time, this is definitively a stupid activity.

More seriously, a whole part of western magical practices is dedicated to improve intellectual faculties, from gaining knowledge through demons in the Goetia, to obtaining the "vision of God in Glory" in the Liber Juratus. What looks the most to what you are looking for seems to be the Art of Memory, or mnemonic practices which were and still are practiced today to optimize our memorization. Yates wrote a nice book on it.

To illustrate briefly in what consists this Art of Memory, it is easier to remember the image of a woman having bull horns on her head and sitting on a crab than to remember that the domicile of the Moon is Cancer and its Exaltation is Taurus.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Eques Peregrinus said:

… remember the image of a woman having bull horns on her head ...

I have known women like that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, Eques Peregrinus said:

The best way to increase your IQ is to practice answering questions found in IQ tests, but given all the more useful and interesting things we could do with that time, this is definitively a stupid activity.

More seriously, a whole part of western magical practices is dedicated to improve intellectual faculties, from gaining knowledge through demons in the Goetia, to obtaining the "vision of God in Glory" in the Liber Juratus. What looks the most to what you are looking for seems to be the Art of Memory, or mnemonic practices which were and still are practiced today to optimize our memorization. Yates wrote a nice book on it.

To illustrate briefly in what consists this Art of Memory, it is easier to remember the image of a woman having bull horns on her head and sitting on a crab than to remember that the domicile of the Moon is Cancer and its Exaltation is Taurus.

I’m familiar with pneumonics and I use them. I was looking for ways to gain a pure photographic memory. I Have tried the military method but found no success. I Heard the Arns Notoria could give anyone this power but it called on demons...

36 minutes ago, Lightseeker said:

I’m familiar with pneumonics and I use them.

Roflmao. :lol:

I am familiar with breathing too!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

Develop natural intelligence and intuition. This means no phones, no televisions or computers - no devices - just being active in nature and talking to people and animals, etc, and dealing with real events in the real physical world, not synthetic media simulations of a fake reality featuring lying actors, etc.

While I am in wholehearted agreement about being active "in nature" (as if we could be separate from it) and most certainly encourage involvement in actual events with other living beings, I can't help but wonder.. How are you communicating this information if you are following your own advice?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Find out who this know-er with IQ intelligence is. If you like this person study with academic schools that IQ and  intelligence is important. 

18 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

I can't help but wonder.. How are you communicating this information if you are following your own advice?

Of course, right now I am using computer.

But that is not how to develop intelligence.

That is just how I am communicating with you, the technical means.

I have been in this forum about 3 years.

Before that I spent many decades doing exactly what I wrote about.

And aside from using computer a few times in a day now to communicate, which I find to be fun too, I am still basically living like a monk or student.

And I will write that if you find and develop real human living and food and functionality, intelligence will go up.

To the degree you actually do it.

-VonKrankenhaus

3 minutes ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

Of course, right now I am using computer.

But that is not how to develop intelligence.

That is just how I am communicating with you, the technical means.

I have been in this forum about 3 years.

Before that I spent many decades doing exactly what I wrote about.

And aside from using computer a few times in a day now to communicate, which I find to be fun too, I am still basically living like a monk or student.

And I will write that if you find and develop real human living and food and functionality, intelligence will go up.

To the degree you actually do it.

-VonKrankenhaus

Thank you for the reply. 

Recently I was having a discussion with my SO about "the wisdom of farmers" which flowed into the wisdom of anyone living close to the land. There seems to be a deep and subtle wisdom gained by these individuals - without any real thought of trying to gain wisdom or intelligence. 

• Like 5

It`s probably just my stage of life, but right now I`m not so concerned on increasing IQ, more concerned about preventing dementia.  Fortunately, dementia prevention is the easier hack and can be accomplished with tasty foods -- avocados, dark chocolate, and so on.  People of all ages can benefit from eating in a way that nourishes the brain.  You might not become a genius but you`ll be able to find your way home from the grocery store.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 2

Just curious, what you really mean by intelligence in the OP.  If you really want to increase IQ, why specifically look for spiritual techniques?  Is it because you think intelligence and spirituality are related?

Intelligence is a very relative term.  What is considered intelligent by some could mean something else for others.  What is generally termed as IQ is just a measure of one's analytical skills or problem solving ability.  It has nothing do with real intelligence IMHO.

• Like 4

From my perspective and experience my intelligence level increased from enrolling in school/college and other occasion working for larger company where I had more interactions with other employees and others skills to learn.

So off watching tv to an extent I would agree is not really helpful but many shows could teach history or documentary. I am not good with sitting and reading. I don't really like that and I don't see the point either of boasting which is the flip side of couch potato/tv about how many books I can read at one time. always picking controversy. information could be considered power yes and mental strength yeah, but really where will it get you when you are six feet under? not everybody wants to multiple numbers all day. I sure as hell don't.

todays intelligence increased by letting breeze wash over and refresh me outside during tai chi--

just a chance to relax and not be in my hustle at work.

then a fellow tai chi participant offered up pawpaws and further educated me on native wild foods.

music would be a grand way to increase intelligence. anyone that can play a musical instrument gets a plus from me

reading notes and making sound writing music symphony. albert Einstein my be smart but I would rather hear music than work equations.

so at the moment my little squirrel has located its nut and all is well.

health is the greatest wealth anyway-so work that out

• Like 3

For memory play your day in rewind. Start when going to bed and go backwards to the time you woke up every day.Take care of the one energy that keeps us alive and the body will follow like a shadow of good health. lack of awareness can lead to injury.

Do not worry or fear such things because it will make it happen better to treat the situation as preventative and non issue before it can manifest into an issue.Health wealth and happiness to you.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, s1va said:

Just curious, what you really mean by intelligence in the OP.  If you really want to increase IQ, why specifically look for spiritual techniques?  Is it because you think intelligence and spirituality are related?

Intelligence is a very relative term.  What is considered intelligent by some could mean something else for others.  What is generally termed as IQ is just a measure of one's analytical skills or problem solving ability.  It has nothing do with real intelligence IMHO.

Originally published in 1995, this book was required reading in the freshman studies course I took two decades ago. It goes into greater depth of what you've highlighted in this post.

Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JMKVCG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_9HSIBb8MQKP19

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sagebrush said:

todays intelligence increased by letting breeze wash over and refresh me outside during tai chi--

just a chance to relax and not be in my hustle at work.

:)

2 minutes ago, ilumairen said:

Originally published in 1995, this book was required reading in the freshman studies course I took two decades ago. It goes into greater depth of what you've highlighted in this post.

Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JMKVCG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_9HSIBb8MQKP19

Thanks for the response to my post. The point I was making was to know what a person wants when they ask for intelligence, and distinguish that from IQ.  I think IQ or analytical problem solving skills matter and can be very useful in life.  I am not familiar with the emotional intelligence, I will check it out.

I have that damn book emotional intelligence

let me think back to who highly recommended it yes!

Charlie-

saw him today after tai chi

my English professor community college

I don't know if I have it anymore and I certainly did not read it.

just simply noticing the hook is a message for me clear enough

Edited by sagebrush