X2471990

Long men pai nei gong and mo pai

3 minutes ago, Brian said:

I would strongly encourage you, ilovecoffee, to go to your local community college and enroll in an introductory science class.

Seriously.

You make yourself look foolish.

Goodbye Brian.

Just now, Ilovecoffee said:

Starjumper, 

I am not interested your opinions or advice, I do wish you the best however.

Goodbye, and best wishes.

I'm not leaving until you do, and your constant 'best wishes' are becoming sickening.  Also I don't give a flying flapjack about what you think.  I am offering some facts for others for as you say "more ammunition" and also working to steer any innocent seekers away from your practice, which has an almost guaranteed result of causing serious harm.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Goodbye Brian.

Hello ilovecoffee.

Best wishes!

Please do let us know what those scientists tell you, OK?

11 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

The more I read this thread, the more I am reminded of several pieces of advice I was given:

1) Never argue with idiots, they will beat you with experience every time.

2) It is better to remain silent and have people think that you are a fool instead of opening your mouth and proving them right.

3) If you've dug yourself into a hole, you won't get out by digging deeper, but you will get help if you ask, and a lot more respect for being humble enough to admit that you dug your own hole and need help.

3)  I'm sure you will lose sense of direction and dug up again to surface at some point.(while thinking you are going downward)

Edited by allinone
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

To you as well.

Well, on that we'll just have to agree to disagree.

;)

13 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

The more I read this thread, the more I am reminded of several pieces of advice I was given:

1) Never argue with idiots, they will beat you with experience every time.

2) It is better to remain silent and have people think that you are a fool instead of opening your mouth and proving them right.

3) If you've dug yourself into a hole, you won't get out by digging deeper, but you will get help if you ask, and a lot more respect for being humble enough to admit that you dug your own hole and need help.

4) The more you talk, the more you should be quiet.

When I see people digging themselves into a hole, I generally offer to help.  Depending on the response, I may wait around to see if they changes their minds, or I may shrug and walk away, or I may toss in a few new shovels and picks and pull up a chair to see what happens.

:ph34r:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brian said:

Yes, there is a significant difference.

I posted the textbook definition of "objective evidence" earlier in this thread and ilovecoffee flatly rejected it.

<shrug>

I sort of bumped it,  because it was ignored. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mudfoot said:

I sort of bumped it,  because it was ignored. 

Here it is again, for those who don't want to wade back through pages of whateverthisis:

What is OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE?

Quantifiable information that can verified through the use of analytical tools and other forms of research

Law Dictionary: What is OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE? definition of OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE (Black's Law Dictionary)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ilovecoffee said:

I'll take that as you'll accept "evidence that is objective".

Ok,  so a video is objective. It can Bee seen by many, and they will be able to see the same thing. 

The next term. Evidence. 

1) Evidence of what, specifically. 

(My answer would be, only what you see and nothing else) 

2) In science, especially in medical science,  you grade the evidence. 

How strong evidence is this that the practice will lead to this results? For anyone else but JC. 

Not that Kostas stigmata scars are unimpressive,  do you have them as well? 

Because that is a core part of the argument, isn't it? 

• Like 2

It seems like Ilovecoffee just have got a lot of attention in here ... Enjoys it very much and plays his "slippery fish" game on and on ... just saying ...  :P B)

Edited by Jox
  • Like 3

The rest of us are enjoying it as well,  Otherwise we would be doing something else. 

Nothing like a good old Mo Pai thread, as I probably stated around 10 pages ago :D 

And no less fruitful than an old-fashioned Nei Dan thread (if you cannot translate this obscure character, your nei dan sucks). 

Actually, allinone posted a quote that I will have use of when talking about my practice, so good for me! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jox said:

It seems like Ilovecoffee just have got a lot of attention in here ... Enjoys it very much and plays his "slippery fish" game on and on ... just saying ...  :P B)

yea this sums up my reaction to the entire process of this thread... haven't seen a troll fed this well in a long while. 

My son taught me a profound lesson when he was a toddler.

That the only thing i truly possess... is my attention and my presence.  It is the only actual thing of value I may share with anyone else.

In that respect.  I am profoundly touched at the level of care and compassion I am witnessing here in this thread exhibited by those who are still willing to share their most valuable commodity with someone I deemed unworthy and put on ignore after their third comment.

I continue to try and absorb the wisdom shown by these accomplished masters.

Also... It seems i still have some grubby desire to witness the aftermath of slow motion accidents in process.

But then, I know i'm a mess. 

Edited by silent thunder
seems I'm also bad at spelling
  • Like 5

56 minutes ago, silent thunder said:

yea this sums up my reaction to the entire process of this thread... haven't seen a troll fed this well in a long while. 

My son taught me a profound lesson when he was a toddler.

That the only thing i truly possess... is my attention and my presence.  It is the only actualy thing of value I may share with anyone else.

In that respect.  I am profoundly touched at the level of care and compassion I am witnessing here in this thread exhibited by those who are still willing to share their most valuable commodity with someone I deemed unworthy and put on ignore after their third comment.

I continue to try and absorb the wisdom shown by these accomplished masters.

Also... It seems i still have some grubby desire to witness the aftermath of slow motion accidents in process.

But then, I know i'm a mess. 

The funniest and simultaneously saddest part is, the one thing this person craves most, as evidenced (see what I did there?) on his first day of "activation," is to be "banned for no reason."  It is a part of the MPG victimhood mythos and a fulfillment of prophecy which is being denied.

Edited by Brian
  • Like 3

yup, the sad, unavoidability of self fulfilling prophecy. 

Ouroboros

As you said very succinctly... one can share information, but cannot make anyone understand.

When I read a book, or have a conversation and have a ping pong ball sized awareness... I garner a ping pong ball understanding of the book, no matter how many learned masters, professors and co-readers share their insights.  Learning is an active process.  No one pours knowledge or experience into another. 

When my awareness expands to a basket ball and I reread that book, or revisit a conversation... well then, whole new dimensions come into play.

Who knows what seeds are being planted and if they will bear fruit in the soil they land in... all I seem to know, is that those here, who are willing to share with authentic intent, are displaying the very highest ideals and core foundations of of the very nature of the process Master Chang realized and that was taught to me by Zhou Ting-Jue and Wang Li Ping.

Quiet heart.

Calm heart.

Sincere heart.

With these, every act of the day is practice and life is the art.

Without them... all the sitting and qi gong is mearely waving hands in the air.

or something like that.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Jox said:

....just have got a lot of attention in here ... Enjoys it very much and plays his "slippery fish" game on and on ... just saying ...  :P B)

Spoiler

Edited by shazlor
  • Like 2

Why doesn't the MPG gang try to come up with some international group business idea or brainstorm ideas that they can all use to make more money with? If you're going to wait decades untill you have the financial support, might as well try and make money instead of spammingdaobums. And the stupidity pointed out by Brian makes me thing MPG could be a CIA 'disinfo' agent or something. Just look at his antisociable avatar, a pandas stincky anal hole with a reference to farting? What kind of sane person isn't disturbed by seeing that picture like everyday for many years? ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arramu said:

...  the stupidity pointed out by Brian makes me thing MPG could be a CIA 'disinfo' agent or something. Just look at his antisociable avatar, a pandas stincky anal hole with a reference to farting? What kind of sane person isn't disturbed by seeing that picture like everyday for many years? ...

I'm glad I haven't seen that, hearing about it is bad enough.

2 hours ago, shazlor said:

Hide contents

That is so well said, and a good description of what's been going on here.  I'm going to share that on my FB page.  Thanks.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Arramu said:

Why doesn't the MPG gang try to come up with some international group business idea or brainstorm ideas that they can all use to make more money with? If you're going to wait decades untill you have the financial support, might as well try and make money instead of spammingdaobums. And the stupidity pointed out by Brian makes me thing MPG could be a CIA 'disinfo' agent or something. Just look at his antisociable avatar, a pandas stincky anal hole with a reference to farting? What kind of sane person isn't disturbed by seeing that picture like everyday for many years? ...

Similar my thought was ... maybe someone just doing some social web experiment ...  :ph34r: ;) 

Edited by Jox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jox said:

Similar my thought was ... maybe someone just doing some social web experiment ...  :ph34r: ;) 

It seems not.  I noticed Mr. Coffee was busy in his PPF so I took a look.  He's in worse condition than I thought.  He must be younger than I thought too.  Check it out.  It must be like gazing at MPG's avatar, which I haven't seen.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

As pointed out by Aerean, Xiao Meng Xiang, and others here, I wonder why so much time is spent arguing while saying there is no argument and yet ilovecoffee is not practicing. 

Surely, there are many better things to do than to argue here in a dead thread that is now a lot of us having playful banter--or rather, for ilovecoffee to keep coming in and responding when he says he's not going to do so. He could post in other threads about non Mo Pai issues and find that there's more to life than losing an argument and acting like it's not over yet, but there is a social web experiment with his PPJ here and his claim earlier that he would screen capture everything to post in their own private forum. The way he argues is a lot like this passage from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:

The storm had now definitely abated, and what thunder there was now grumbled over more distant hills, like a man saying 'And another thing...' twenty minutes after admitting he's lost the argument.

If I'm posting or on TDB, for the most part, it's learning and engaging with fun people (especially improving my form in Flying Phoenix or verbal Tai Chi), and many people I have met here I am looking forward to meeting in real life soon. If I'm not here, I'm training. 

ilovecoffee I still haven't figured out what the goal is in winning an argument about a system that he doesn't even practice. That's the same as a friend of mine who has been telling me, "Go do the paleo diet, it's healthier for you!" but he doesn't even follow the diet with all the rice he eats and beer he drinks, yet always argues with vegetarians and vegans, and we mock him all the time for how ridiculous he is with that mismatch of reality in his words and actions. 

Surely, if ilovecoffee spent more time practicing, perhaps this might be a different story, but without a teacher to guide the development of character, it's akin to Lord of the Flies where all the boys on an island descend into primal fear. Had anyone I knew developed the skills they have from any of the Qigong styles out there, but without any of their teachers around, I have to say, I've seen the common thing is that they tend to develop a cross between messiah and martyr complex. A girl I knew thought she was a prophet for a new century because she discovered Zuowang and thought she could hear messages from the universe telling her she would turn Taiwan into a world power greater than any other country in history, a guy I knew thought he was starting a new global movement that would change the world when he discovered spontaneous movement while meditating and even tried to trademark it in the Philippines, and another guy says he's more enlightened than Einstein because he took this workshop series called "Matrix Energetics" by Richard Bartlett. Then of course, a few people I met who came from Vipasana meditation retreats can either come out changed for the better, or in other cases, worse off and highly egotistical to the point I've heard someone say, "I meditate for an hour a day and did Vipasana for ten days and you didn't, nyah nyah". 

So what's the point in studying an incomplete system? That's like reading the first few chapters of Gravity's Rainbow by Pynchon and declaring it to be the greatest book long before even discovering the twists and the big one at the end. What's the point in not having a teacher to guide them? That's like driving in the desert and not having a map. What's the point in not actually practicing it? That's like being a salesman. What's the point of arguing about it all the time with a very dubious understanding and application of what meanings of "science" and "evidence that is objective" that only makes them look foolish? That's like watching Bill O'Reilly or Glenn Beck. 

Whatever the benefits are from their three available levels, I don't like the results I've seen so far. 

Earl,

We think differently, that much should be obvious no?

Were it not for the "evidence that is objective" with scientists and medical doctors to rule out fraud, we wouldn't be interested in ANY spiritual practice at all.

You don't grasp that, and that's ok because it's not important to you.

If what we have is all we ever get, and mastering that leads us nowhere else, we are fine with that.

It seems like it is you who has the problem with it.

"What's the point in not actually practicing it?"

I am not sure what is meant by that, we all practice, just not as much as we would like to because work doesn't allow it.

Just now, Earl Grey said:

As in not practicing even a little a day each and every day and doing it in big weekend spurts (from what it appears to have been said), and more time arguing here instead of more time practicing. 

Earl,

All I can ask of you sincerely is that you please stop telling us how to practice.

We do the best we can, if you want to argue we don't then argue with the wall.

Just now, Earl Grey said:

Wasn't telling you how to practice. Was only wondering why you manage your time in a way that makes no sense to me (or many of us). 

I'd love to have that conversation with you, but I cannot do it here.

It has nothing to do with time management.