Taomeow

Synchronicities, uncanny coincidences, strange resonances in your life (memorable, or recent)?

666 is a triple yin number.  Lucky to a taoist. :)

I dunno. I am so yin it sucks. Need to fill in yang,  but it's so hard to find good clean good yang these days...

( please don't go into long discussion on yang qigongs, I can lecture you on those myself.)

Edited by qicat
  • Like 1

I dunno. I am so yin it sucks. Need to fill in yang,  but it's so hard to find good clean good yang these days...

( please don't go into long discussion on yang qigongs, I can lecture you on those myself.)

Are you talking to me?..

When I thought I'd grown too yin I took up taekwondo.  With a master who roared like a tiger and kicked like a mule and was routinely described as someone "with the eyes of a natural born killer." :ph34r:    

Now that I have taiji, there's always as much yang available as I might think I need or can handle...  e.g. sparring with non-cooperating partners, Cannon Fist, the jian...  I don't have any yang qigongs and consequently have never discussed them, whether at length or in passing.  And of course you can lecture me on those if you wish, but why?..

Back to the topic of the OP's thread? :)

• Like 4

I used to collect sales receipts at one point, when it was out of control -- every time I spent money on something, regardless of the cost, once they added the tax it would wind up amounting to  $33.33 or $77.77 or $111.11, no matter what I bought or was charged for -- a bill in the mail would also be asking me for $44.44 or suchlike.  I still don't know what it was all about -- Occam's razor won't let me "come to a definite conclusion."  It stopped happening after about a year of consistent weirdness of this kind.  Now it's just the usual number of license plates with those repeating numbers, clocks, etc..  My son asserts that certain numbers in threes or fours showing up in the middle of decision-making mean  "get ready everyone, he's about to do something stupid." 

Not sure about the rest, but in my experience, 333 means "be alert, there's a lesson coming," 666 is "nice try...  but you didn't quite get it," and 999, "lesson learned." 

• Like 3

Well, just about all of it I suppose ... through my life constantly.  I get used to it and dont notice, but occasionally a friend, if I start spending more time with them, go on a trip  , or in the past, had new GF .... and they 

" What the hell is going on with you ! ? " 

Me;   " That's normal .... isnt it ?   Well, it is for me  " 

Easy enough to explain to you guys ..... a bit more trickier to others .... like the police  or a judge  !   

• Like 5

I was reading a sacred text earlier.

I rested for a while.

Upon returning to the book I felt a deep connection,

and held the book to my heart.

As I sat in the bright sun,

thinking of the page where I paused,

I reached for the book and effortlessly opened,

to the correct page.

Edited by steve
  • Like 4

I was reading a scared text earlier.

I rested for a while.

Upon returning to the book I felt a deep connection,

and held the book to my heart.

As I sat in the bright sun,

thinking of the page where I paused,

I reached for the book and effortlessly opened,

to the correct page.

I wonder if re-reading the first line carefully might yield yet another deep connection? :)

• Like 6

I've been going to this new Palestinian deli near my house. They sell a Shawarma sandwich that is really good. I was sitting down that afternoon thinking to myself "I should order a shawarma tomorrow afternoon" I started thinking that maybe I had been ordering it wrong because i didn't know how to pronounce it. They must think i'm just a stupid american. Around an hour later I was flicking through channels and I started watching "Marvel's the Avengers". There is a scene where Robert Downey Jr. tells everyone about a 'great shawarma place' near them that they should check out. Now i know.

• Like 7

I once was let off of eleven traffic tickets in a row - meaning I was pulled over and let go with no ticket.

here is one example:

i was going around 100 mph descending from a trip to Tahoe down toward Sacramento on my way to San Francisco at about 6am.

Got pulled over and the cop asked what the hurry was?

I said "no hurry, it's just that all the lanes are clear, I have about two hundred mile visibility, I'm going down hill on new steel radials, headers and dual exhaust and 55 didn't make sense"

he looked out toward the valley, at the hairs sticking out from the new tires, turned back and told me to slow down as he handed back my paperwork.

Another:

I was completely plastered and pulled over by two cops - two cars - I had no out.

Then they got a call - a top priority call because they definitely did not want to leave me and normally could at least split one with me and one leaving but in this case they got yanked away and left saying only "walk home - you got lucky!"

Another:

I'm on my way to Yosemite and to visit some land I had in Groveland.

i get stuck behind long line of cars and RVs which are in a flat winding but completely visible road in the flats before the foothills. It is easy to see all oncoming traffic so I hit the gas and fly past everyone - but then a guy pulls out and follows me by about a foot or two in something like a tan Maverick. 

At one point soon thereafter he pulls up next to me flashing a badge from his hand - at about 75mph. I decide he's a nut case cop and I do not want to be pulled over by him so I continue along with this guy up my ass for several miles.

Finally at a large clearing with a very big shoulder area I spot a Highway Patrol and pull over. The warrior in the Maverick pulls up to the Highway Patrol and gets out. The Highway Patrol gets out of his car and looks about 6'5 with full knee high boots and a slow clear headed walk.

the warrior is very upset and his arms are flailing and making all sorts of gestures - the HP holds up both hands as if to say "Ok Ok let me talk to this guy over there".

He then proceeds to walk over in a saunter that is completely out of the movies -  bends down to the window and says "so what's your story?" In a perfectly suited low slow voice.

I tell him the whole story as stated above - he asks - "what about the badge" - I say "it could be fake and even if it wasn't I was not about to be pulled over by him alone, and what he did following my bumper was way more dangerous than anything I might have done - the guy's a nut case"

he says "that's my assessment - let me have your paperwork"

I hand it too him and he goes to his car.

He then speaks with the warrior in the Maverick who becomes very excited again and makes many more hand gestures. 

Then he walks over to me, hands me my paperwork and says "you can leave I'll keep him occupied"

(technically I was not pulled over on this one but I would have been if I had not stopped so I include it and consider it to be "legally" a part of the 11 in a row)

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 10

Lol great descriptions spotless. Especially the last one. Made me laugh! 

• Like 4

Hello,

Few years ago I was researching a lot about hollow earth. One day I found out reading online that among the few accesses that are considered to bring to the hollow earth one is in Mato Grosso, Brazil. After I finished reading I look out of the window next to the desk and I see a huge label "Mato Grosso" on a truck parked just in front of the house. I was shocked! Never ever seen before and since.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Dioni said:

Hello,

Few years ago I was researching a lot about hollow earth. One day I found out reading online that among the few accesses that are considered to bring to the hollow earth one is in Mato Grosso, Brazil. After I finished reading I look out of the window next to the desk and I see a huge label "Mato Grosso" on a truck parked just in front of the house. I was shocked! Never ever seen before and since.

How curious.

• Like 2

Yesterday, my bride and I decided to watch a film and were scrolling through cable options.

We came across The Sitter (Jonah Hill) and I stopped and suggested it. I'd seen it already, didn't particularly like it, but felt drawn to it. 

She wasn't interested.

A few minutes later I got a call from my son and during our chat, out of nowhere, he asked if I'd ever watched The Sitter...

• Like 4

In the past year such things as synchronicity, uncanny coincidences happened more than few times.  One in particular just blew my mind.  It is complicated to explain, unless I tell a long story.

Anyway, when I reflected on some past events, I realized such things have happened before in the past also.  I was simply not aware or paying attention to notice such things.  Even now, it is the state of my mind and my presence in the current moment, that makes me notice or entirely miss such things.  There are also subconscious premonitions.  There are cues all over and they present themselves in mysterious ways.  When I am not present in the moment, not just these cues, I may not even notice an elephant right in front of me. 

• Like 5

Last week I was watching a movie at work and the dilague said "62 miles" at the exact moment I was typing the number 62. I've always wondered why they choose such an arbitrary distance in the movie, now I know why.

• Like 3

OP you posted a picture about a Yoda on other thread, i saw a strikingly similar object shortly after. Pattern recognizion+  sensation of mysticism.

Spoiler

Untitled.png.da49a58b7ff3149ce59e66975a606393.png

• Like 1

Today I was trying to remember if I still had any of that Dr. Christopher's ointment I wanted to use on a burn.  Didn't even check upon thinking about it because I realized I hadn't seen that jar in years, so I must have run out a long time ago.  Used something else.  However, buying something completely unrelated (a book and a T-shirt) on Amazon an hour or so later, I saw a suggestion among those they like to make "based on your purchases," and there it was, Dr. Christopher's ointment.  I never bought it on Amazon, I never mentioned to anyone that I was thinking "do I still have it?"  It all happened in my mind, and Amazon read my mind.  Disturbing. :ph34r:

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Taomeow said:

Amazon read my mind.  Disturbing. :ph34r:

I have thought that more than once myself. It is pretty creepy.

• Like 2

This could come under several headings but it fits well here:

Today I was attending the Buddhist Temple retirement service/party with my wife and son.

We each received a ticket stub for some drawing that would come up later.

The drawing commenced and a thought came to me that if I won I would give it to one of the ladies at a table across the way if they had not also won something. It was announced that one of them was 99 but they sat in a group and I was not sure which one it was so my wish to give was generalized to that group.

I looked at them from time to time and one of them looked younger than the others but quite uneasy and looked like she was having a tough time with herself.

My son ended up calling out the numbers - and my wife won a pot of Orchid's.

The second to last call was my ticket - and I went up and picked out another pot of Orchid's.

The women over in the other area had accumulated a good number of prizes so I gathered up things in the end and headed out - but I spotted some iced lemon water in a cold sweating glass dispenser and decided to pour myself a cup.

i set down the two plants and a women came up and clearly stole one (grabbed it and quickly turned to cover it). I stopped her and let her know that was ours and she explained that a woman who had been a member a very long time had received nothing - and so I said "please then give it to her" and she walked off. She gave it to the woman that was sitting with the others across from me at the other table that looked pretty grim.

Had she asked me for one the result would have been the same - but that was beside the point - it was nice to see them both smiling as the one handed over the potted Orchid to the other.

Seeing futures is not always clear until it has occurred 

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 5

Spotless, to add to the orchids theme, I got a  pot of gorgeous tiger orchids for my birthday last week.  I did some rearrangements in the living-room prior to that and was puzzling over decorating a particular spot, and it occurred to me that it would be a good idea to put some orchids there.  Telepathy strikes again.  The pot and the orchids are exactly the colors I needed there.

• Like 2

It seems that synchronicities happen more and more after we start focusing on them, that is the same that happens when we want remember dreams or have a lucid dreams. For example years ago after watching The Celestine Prophecy I began to experience lot of "coincidences" much more than before. 

I don't know if that is because we just notice them or because we "create" them in a way or something else to do like with quantum field connection, everything is one and all that stuff.

• Like 5

Years ago, at a silent Vipassasna retreat, a retreatant anonymously gave me a gift by putting something important to him on my meditation cushion.  We were not supposed to interact with each other, and I`d never spoken with this person.  While talking was forbidden, it was permissible to anonymously put a small gift on someones zafu (usually chocolate) as a gesture of goodwill.  Of the hundred or so meditators in attendence this person chose to honor me with such a kindness.  I decided that, rather than keep the gift, I would pass it on to someone else, and, without knowing who gave it to me in the first place, I gave it right back to him.

• Like 6

Rereading a book from a favorite author I came across an unfamiliar word (hyphenate). I looked it up and the example of use provided was the exact sentence in the book I was reading...

• Like 5

OK, someone please explain this to me.

Taiji camp.  Lots of practice, interspersed by short lectures pertaining to same.  Some of the participants are Chinese, so teacher occasionally formulates something or quotes a famous saying from taiji lore in Chinese and asks one of them to translate it to the rest, he likes to engage everybody's abilities no matter what they are and lets people show all their strong suits.  So, if you are fluent in Chinese, he'll ask you to translate something.  At one point he offers a couple of sentences in Chinese and asks, who knows what this means? 

I say, I do.  The reason I do is, the few words I do know out of the otherwise impenetrable phrase, coupled with the overall context of the lecture, tell me I'm familiar with this particular saying.  So I translate it.  Accurately and elegantly, because I know the accurate and elegant literary translation, not because I've come up with it myself.  It's a joke, I know it's funny that I'm the one who can translate it out of the blue, so I strike this scholarly pose and deliver in a pedantic voice of an English professor. 

Every single word I uttered was in English.

In the next couple of days, three different Chinese taiji folks, independently of each other, approached me and complimented me on my amazing command of the Chinese language.  I told each of them I don't know it, I just studied a bit and spent a few weeks in China, so I recognize some phrases when I hear them.  "But no, I can tell you know it so well.  And your pronunciation!  It's impeccable."  What???  What pronunciation?  I never said a word in Chinese, folks, I was translating what teacher said, I only spoke English...  They wouldn't listen!  "Oh, and you're humble too!"  All my attempts at setting the record straight were chalked up to humility.  They were convinced, somehow, that they heard me speak Chinese -- impeccably.  Yeah, I wish.

Then an American dude comes up to me and says, I need something translated from the Chinese, it's just half a page, would you mind helping me?  I tell him, I can't read Chinese, just a few characters here and there...  He says, really? -- with an air of suspicion, as though I'm inventing excuses so as not to help him.  But you speak Chinese so fluently, how come you can't read it?  I don't speak fluently, I start...  he waves a dismissive hand.  "I heard you.  You spoke fluent Chinese the other day, I know you speak it very well."  

Now, as I said in the beginning, can someone please explain this to me.  Why were four people convinced they heard me speak Chinese, something that never happened in this reality?.. 

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1