Taomeow

Synchronicities, uncanny coincidences, strange resonances in your life (memorable, or recent)?

1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

OK, someone please explain this to me.

Taiji camp.  Lots of practice, interspersed by short lectures pertaining to same.  Some of the participants are Chinese, so teacher occasionally formulates something or quotes a famous saying from taiji lore in Chinese and asks one of them to translate it to the rest, he likes to engage everybody's abilities no matter what they are and lets people show all their strong suits.  So, if you are fluent in Chinese, he'll ask you to translate something.  At one point he offers a couple of sentences in Chinese and asks, who knows what this means? 

I say, I do.  The reason I do is, the few words I do know out of the otherwise impenetrable phrase, coupled with the overall context of the lecture, tell me I'm familiar with this particular saying.  So I translate it.  Accurately and elegantly, because I know the accurate and elegant literary translation, not because I've come up with it myself.  It's a joke, I know it's funny that I'm the one who can translate it out of the blue, so I strike this scholarly pose and deliver in a pedantic voice of an English professor. 

Every single word I uttered was in English.

In the next couple of days, three different Chinese taiji folks, independently of each other, approached me and complimented me on my amazing command of the Chinese language.  I told each of them I don't know it, I just studied a bit and spent a few weeks in China, so I recognize some phrases when I hear them.  "But no, I can tell you know it so well.  And your pronunciation!  It's impeccable."  What???  What pronunciation?  I never said a word in Chinese, folks, I was translating what teacher said, I only spoke English...  They wouldn't listen!  "Oh, and you're humble too!"  All my attempts at setting the record straight were chalked up to humility.  They were convinced, somehow, that they heard me speak Chinese -- impeccably.  Yeah, I wish.

Then an American dude comes up to me and says, I need something translated from the Chinese, it's just half a page, would you mind helping me?  I tell him, I can't read Chinese, just a few characters here and there...  He says, really? -- with an air of suspicion, as though I'm inventing excuses so as not to help him.  But you speak Chinese so fluently, how come you can't read it?  I don't speak fluently, I start...  he waves a dismissive hand.  "I heard you.  You spoke fluent Chinese the other day, I know you speak it very well."  

Now, as I said in the beginning, can someone please explain this to me.  Why were four people convinced they heard me speak Chinese, something that never happened in this reality?.. 

How did you learn to write in Chinese so well - its perfect!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Spotless said:

How did you learn to write in Chinese so well - its perfect!

I`ll have to trust you on that Spotless.  I didn`t understand a word.  

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, allinone said:

is America really the West?

If you are in Japan, America is the East.

Just now, Marblehead said:

If you are in Japan, America is the East.

what is meant with the sentence that at end times dharma moves to west. Black flags rising from east. Etc.

3 minutes ago, allinone said:

what is meant with the sentence that at end times dharma moves to west. Black flags rising from east. Etc.

I guess that would require us to define where the black flags are.

4 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

I guess that would require us to define where the black flags are.

did these time peopel took into account that the earth is round?

2 minutes ago, allinone said:

did these time peopel took into account that the earth is round?

I can't answer that but it would be a point of consideration.  If they believed the Earth is flat then there would be some limiters in there.

6 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

I can't answer that but it would be a point of consideration.  If they believed the Earth is flat then there would be some limiters in there.

could be the east be not discovered yet?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allinone said:

could be the east be not discovered yet?

I won't answer yes or no but rather say that it is a possibility.

I can speak to only what I believe I know and that is that the Earth is round (more or less) and that no matter where you are except for the North and South Poles, there is always a north, south, east and west of where we are.

And I am unable to speak to any realm beyond my perception.

5 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Sometimes, I think my whole life is just one series of startling synchronicity events given how everything that happened can all be traced to a series of things that happened years ago. I'm no longer questioning the synchronicity, but flowing with it, albeit at times waving between joyful acceptance or despondent resignation to the machinations of the Tao. 

I think that most of us are with you there.  Cause and effect.  A lot of the time, maybe most of the time, we have no knowledge or recall of the cause(s).  All we see are the effects.

But we need be careful so that we do not fall into nihilism.

• Like 1

Wow!  I didn't mean to inspire that many words.  Hehehe.

Very nice response though.

And yes, for many of us life throws enough stuff at us so that it would be so easy to become nihilistic.

But on the other hand, and especially in what you are involved in, just a simple smile from someone you have helped is enough to keep going and keep a positive, can do, attitude.

Looking for a purpose in life can easily lead to a nihilistic attitude as well.  I suppose that is a good reason to hold to the concept of "living in the now".  No past, no future, no purpose; only the now moment.  And even more so when we are in a position so that we can help another person to be able to live in contentment for the now moment, regardless of how long that "now" moment is.

• Like 3

So I went to this talk at a biological museum at the University - this was 20 years ago. The talk was on the need to protect the rainforest - someone had been to the Amazon. At the end I asked if he knew it was international day against McDonald's destroying the Amazon. He said he didn't. As I was leaving, a young man ran up to me to ask me about what I had said. We went to a local cafe for a chat. In our talk he offered for me to move into his house where he rented a room with other students - mainly international students, as I needed a place to move to.

So after I moved in, then this young female entered the house and I thought she was very pretty. We ended up meeting and she shared how she was indigenous, from the Andes. I happened to have a video documentary on VHS - of the Kogi - and she was shocked as her tribe was related to the Kogi but she knew the Kogi were very secretive. At this time I began practicing Yan Xin qigong with the Chinese immigrant community at the University and my new friend told me she had meditated with a Chinese qigong master named Chunyi Lin - just him and a philosophy professor at the local community college.

I didn't think much of it until in my "spiritual healing" class for my "liberal studies" master's degree Chunyi Lin was invited to do a presentation so I sat right up front. I had studied up on qigong and as soon as I saw him, I knew he was the real deal. Meanwhile I fell in love with my friend and we traveled back to her country together but we remained just friends. But in the Andes my heart was very hot from my love feeling and I could not sleep. So I sang softly in the middle of the night and suddenly I had this vision I could not stop - my whole life flashed before me in a review. But it was not linear - instead revealed to me were secret connections from years apart - where subtle energy blockages had been resolved, years later - and I had not realized how my whole life had been synchronized through spirit light.

After I did the intensive qigong training with Chunyi Lin I began having precognitive visions a lot. The skeptic materialists say that statistically we are bound to have "coincidences" in our dreams - but when reality is exactly matched - and the vision or dream is more real than being awake - we realize that our waking self is a type of dream as well, and even time itself is a type of dream. When I was living in a house of my friend from the Andes - she had invited me to move to a house she newly acquired - with other international students - and then I was looking at this photocopy of a newspaper photo. It was of my environmental activist friends with Native indigenous activists, standing on the roof of a house, holding a banner, to protect a forest. Suddenly I got this uncanny sensation and I drove to my parents to look up my old journal. Sure enough in 1995 I had a dream that was more real than being awake - before I had even practiced qigong but after I had met qigong master Effie P. Chow and experienced her energy. At 2:30 a.m. I wrote the dream down and said it was more real than being awake and I thought the dream would come true. I had long forgotten the dream but three years later it had come true exactly.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Taomeow said:

OK, someone please explain this to me.

Taiji camp.  Lots of practice, interspersed by short lectures pertaining to same.  Some of the participants are Chinese, so teacher occasionally formulates something or quotes a famous saying from taiji lore in Chinese and asks one of them to translate it to the rest, he likes to engage everybody's abilities no matter what they are and lets people show all their strong suits.  So, if you are fluent in Chinese, he'll ask you to translate something.  At one point he offers a couple of sentences in Chinese and asks, who knows what this means? 

I say, I do.  The reason I do is, the few words I do know out of the otherwise impenetrable phrase, coupled with the overall context of the lecture, tell me I'm familiar with this particular saying.  So I translate it.  Accurately and elegantly, because I know the accurate and elegant literary translation, not because I've come up with it myself.  It's a joke, I know it's funny that I'm the one who can translate it out of the blue, so I strike this scholarly pose and deliver in a pedantic voice of an English professor. 

Every single word I uttered was in English.

In the next couple of days, three different Chinese taiji folks, independently of each other, approached me and complimented me on my amazing command of the Chinese language.  I told each of them I don't know it, I just studied a bit and spent a few weeks in China, so I recognize some phrases when I hear them.  "But no, I can tell you know it so well.  And your pronunciation!  It's impeccable."  What???  What pronunciation?  I never said a word in Chinese, folks, I was translating what teacher said, I only spoke English...  They wouldn't listen!  "Oh, and you're humble too!"  All my attempts at setting the record straight were chalked up to humility.  They were convinced, somehow, that they heard me speak Chinese -- impeccably.  Yeah, I wish.

Then an American dude comes up to me and says, I need something translated from the Chinese, it's just half a page, would you mind helping me?  I tell him, I can't read Chinese, just a few characters here and there...  He says, really? -- with an air of suspicion, as though I'm inventing excuses so as not to help him.  But you speak Chinese so fluently, how come you can't read it?  I don't speak fluently, I start...  he waves a dismissive hand.  "I heard you.  You spoke fluent Chinese the other day, I know you speak it very well."  

Now, as I said in the beginning, can someone please explain this to me.  Why were four people convinced they heard me speak Chinese, something that never happened in this reality?.. 

The obvious answer is that some people heard you speak in Chinese.  Not only heard you but saw you, or they would have been disturbed that your mouth didn't match your sounds (see also, "Dub's disease").

• Like 1

On ‎02‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 4:52 PM, voidisyinyang said:

So I went to this talk at a biological museum at the University - this was 20 years ago. The talk was on the need to protect the rainforest - someone had been to the Amazon. At the end I asked if he knew it was international day against McDonald's destroying the Amazon. He said he didn't. As I was leaving, a young man ran up to me to ask me about what I had said. We went to a local cafe for a chat. In our talk he offered for me to move into his house where he rented a room with other students - mainly international students, as I needed a place to move to.

So after I moved in, then this young female entered the house and I thought she was very pretty. We ended up meeting and she shared how she was indigenous, from the Andes. I happened to have a video documentary on VHS - of the Kogi - and she was shocked as her tribe was related to the Kogi but she knew the Kogi were very secretive. At this time I began practicing Yan Xin qigong with the Chinese immigrant community at the University and my new friend told me she had meditated with a Chinese qigong master named Chunyi Lin - just him and a philosophy professor at the local community college.

I didn't think much of it until in my "spiritual healing" class for my "liberal studies" master's degree Chunyi Lin was invited to do a presentation so I sat right up front. I had studied up on qigong and as soon as I saw him, I knew he was the real deal. Meanwhile I fell in love with my friend and we traveled back to her country together but we remained just friends. But in the Andes my heart was very hot from my love feeling and I could not sleep. So I sang softly in the middle of the night and suddenly I had this vision I could not stop - my whole life flashed before me in a review. But it was not linear - instead revealed to me were secret connections from years apart - where subtle energy blockages had been resolved, years later - and I had not realized how my whole life had been synchronized through spirit light.

After I did the intensive qigong training with Chunyi Lin I began having precognitive visions a lot. The skeptic materialists say that statistically we are bound to have "coincidences" in our dreams - but when reality is exactly matched - and the vision or dream is more real than being awake - we realize that our waking self is a type of dream as well, and even time itself is a type of dream. When I was living in a house of my friend from the Andes - she had invited me to move to a house she newly acquired - with other international students - and then I was looking at this photocopy of a newspaper photo. It was of my environmental activist friends with Native indigenous activists, standing on the roof of a house, holding a banner, to protect a forest. Suddenly I got this uncanny sensation and I drove to my parents to look up my old journal. Sure enough in 1995 I had a dream that was more real than being awake - before I had even practiced qigong but after I had met qigong master Effie P. Chow and experienced her energy. At 2:30 a.m. I wrote the dream down and said it was more real than being awake and I thought the dream would come true. I had long forgotten the dream but three years later it had come true exactly.

i side with sceptics, it is that you give for your experience a higher meaning pointing to a supernatural reality.

-------

at the same time psychic can read your palm and say how many kids you have etc. That is okay for me and when they talk about other reality, supernatural, it is also okay, because when they say things about other reality they are also watching other reality.