mindtooloud

Bad Awakening Experiences

"I can not believe I am saying this: I am sorry. I can now say with certainty that 'opening' your third eye and getting involved with occult practices, witchcraft, and even meditation for heightened spiritual 'power', will open you up to demonic influence. The crap that I got sucked into, and helped to spread, is out there to distract and move us away from the one and only God; and God's son, Jesus Christ. This is not a game. You are not here to become a God or a Goddess and 'ascend' to higher dimensions, or learn how to fly out of your body and move objects with your mind. We are in the devil's playground. Go with God."

I read this on a video where a person talks about opening the third eye then years later posts this onto their video after experiencing an awakening, any thoughts on this? do you think the person just had a bad experience or couldn't go through her problems etc?

• Like 1

"I can not believe I am saying this: I am sorry. I can now say with certainty that 'opening' your third eye and getting involved with occult practices, witchcraft, and even meditation for heightened spiritual 'power', will open you up to demonic influence. The crap that I got sucked into, and helped to spread, is out there to distract and move us away from the one and only God; and God's son, Jesus Christ. This is not a game. You are not here to become a God or a Goddess and 'ascend' to higher dimensions, or learn how to fly out of your body and move objects with your mind. We are in the devil's playground. Go with God."

I read this on a video where a person talks about opening the third eye then years later posts this onto their video after experiencing an awakening, any thoughts on this? do you think the person just had a bad experience or couldn't go through her problems etc?

what can one really say... its her individual reality, her game. Cant argue with that.

She will have to finish what she started, or it will just keep adding layers one on top of the other, 

and it will never end for lifetimes, not until she connects with something that sheds a completely new light on the matter, and where recognition of that light is accepted to be non-deceptive. 

Edited by C T
  • Like 5

what can one really say... its her individual reality, her game. Cant argue with that.

She will have to finish what she started, or it will just keep adding layers one on top of the other,

and it will never end for lifetimes, not until she connects with something that sheds a completely new light on the matter, and where recognition of that light is accepted to be non-deceptive.

That's a lot more respectful and mature than my first reaction.

• Like 1

Difficult to say without knowing the particulars but it is perhaps a cautionary tale about motivation on the path, spiritual orientation and discernment. I'd question the understandably fearful fundamentalist conclusion as it could be argued that we are here to become fully human and embody the transcendent.

• Like 4

Everyone wants to jump up and open there 3rd eye. These things need to be opened gently and gradually...otherwise bad things can happen. If you ignore your intuition and try to force these things open your gonna have a bad time.....i guarantee it. 

Edited by OldWolf
  • Like 6

It's a sign of trying to do more than one's intellect can handle. If you train for a 1500m run and then go run in the Boston Marathon, you WILL hurt yourself. That's why when one works with the subtle body, one has to first prepare appropriately.

As far as the religious dogma goes, I can only say that it too is part of the inadequate preparation. Analogy I can give is, if all you have done is traveled on foot, when you get wings, you will be scared as you soar high up in the clouds and then suddenly look down at the ground far far below...

:)

• Like 2

The author is on to something, despite our knee jerk reactions to fundamentalist Christian thinking.

"Opening up" sounds positive, but it also implies being open to everything. What was previously hidden within us, as we open up, has resonance with those same things outside of us. Seek and you'll find. The real world is vast and filled with all sorts of things...the darkest thing we can ever imagine is out there in the waters, even if not thinking spiritually (for instance, serial killers).

There is also the not so subtle differences in two ways of practicing "white magic" (cultivation, or making yourself a better person): 1) you do it for your own glory (boosting your ego, as the newage crowd would say), 2) you do it for the glory of the highest good (or God as the Christians would say).

The most fulfilling path is the latter, which the person writing that found out. It's the true path.

Tibetan Buddhists also make this a clear distinction by speaking of motivation for the practice. If you do it for yourself, it'd be better that you hadn't done it at all. If you do it for others, it's all good.

There is also the spiritual materialism considerations...moving objects with your mind, traveling out of body, becoming a "god". Those things are lame and self-absorbed, if one is even capable of truly achieving them, and they accomplish nothing worthwhile in the world. Those things actually ruin the practitioner and drain them of their life force.

Edited by Aetherous
  • Like 2

It's a sign of trying to do more than one's intellect can handle. If you train for a 1500m run and then go run in the Boston Marathon, you WILL hurt yourself. That's why when one works with the subtle body, one has to first prepare appropriately.

As far as the religious dogma goes, I can only say that it too is part of the inadequate preparation. Analogy I can give is, if all you have done is traveled on foot, when you get wings, you will be scared as you soar high up in the clouds and then suddenly look down at the ground far far below...

:)

how long is the boston marathon?

• Like 1

how long is the boston marathon?

42.195 kilometres or about 26.2 miles, same as other marathons. The Boston Marathon is just a big and well-known one.

• Like 1

I think it underlines the importance of practicing within a tradition. Whether it's a Daoist school, Buddhist school, or even Christianity, you are protected from outside influence by higher beings and immortals from that lineage.

If you're practicing meditation to obtain some sort of power over others or advantage in society, rather than the pure intention of seeking liberation from samsara, then I'd say that's a deviant path that won't lead to anything good.

Edited by Vajra Fist
  • Like 4

It's interesting, using marathons as an analogy, considering the first guy to run one, died at the end. 

I don't think opening the 3rd eye ever killed anybody....but it may take your sanity. 

• Like 4

That's whole different dimension. Many people say about third eye but none of those people I saw speaking about third eye opened it. It's whole different aspect of being, you are not much human anymore when you truly open third eye. People with third eye open are like sages, people of wisdom and insight, it's like gold nugget in island of regular stones. Different way to be as being. Even if someone opens one of palaces his wisdom is hard to phantom. 

They have wisdom about anything, whatever god exists or not etc. 

Edited by SeekerOfHealing

One thing i think is important to mention. It's rare that awakenings are painless and just go off without a hitch. The path is tough and will bring even the most resilient person to there knees.

Yet at the same time there is an element of pacing yourself. The faster you go the quicker internal muck is going to come up and thus the more friction your going to have to deal with. There needs to be an element of balance. Only biting off 70% of what you can actually chew is a good rule of thumb.

People like to test the waters and go too fast...i've been guilty of this myself....you get to a point where your body says stop that's enough for today...that's usually a good heads up to take a break.

The upper centers of the body can be particularly testy because they can shift your consciousness so rapidly and open doors of perception that your not ready to handle. You will instantly regret it if this ever happens to you....i've been guilty of having some of these experiences myself....not fun.   <_<

Edited by OldWolf
  • Like 6

One thing i think is important to mention. It's rare that awakenings are painless and just go off without a hitch. The path is tough and will bring even the most resilient person to there knees.

Yet at the same time there is an element of pacing yourself. The faster you go the quicker internal muck is going to come up and thus the more friction your going to have to deal with. There needs to be an element of balance. Only biting off 70% of what you can actually chew is a good rule of thumb.

People like to test the waters and go too fast...i've been guilty of this myself....you get to a point where your body says stop that's enough for today...that's usually a good heads up to take a break.

The upper centers of the body can be particularly testy because they can shift your consciousness so rapidly and open doors of perception that your not ready to handle. You will instantly regret it if this ever happens to you....i've been guilty of having some of these experiences myself....not fun.   <_<

sometimes its the initial taste of the manifestation of bliss states associated from over-practice that hooks practitioners, so, for some, its not easy to know when to stop. A few times i have witnessed this personally, but, you know something, by nature we are a resilient lot, and those that were mentioned above have all managed to ride out the difficult phases with some help from friends. 

Edited by C T
  • Like 3

haha I was telling my teacher that before I used to feel "high" when I practiced. Now it is a lot more detached. I asked if it was a good or bad sign. He told me that when we feel "high", it's usually because the upper centers are being used (especially the upper dan tian).  

For a while now, my awareness is falling into the heart center...so that's where I feel aware from nowadays. This feels more detached...time seems to be more "in the moment". The body does feel the energies, but there is no exhilaration from the energy flow like it happens when the "third eye" is more active. That "high" feeling can be addictive...but it is not emptiness. 

• Like 3

what would have your reaction been?

My first reaction was that it's either fear mongering propaganda, or the experience of a coward draped in digital ego.

I prefer CT's answer, though.

• Like 1

There is also the not so subtle differences in two ways of practicing "white magic" (cultivation, or making yourself a better person): 1) you do it for your own glory (boosting your ego, as the newage crowd would say), 2) you do it for the glory of the highest good (or God as the Christians would say).

what would the difference between black magic and white magic be?

There is also the spiritual materialism considerations...moving objects with your mind, traveling out of body, becoming a "god". Those things are lame and self-absorbed, if one is even capable of truly achieving them, and they accomplish nothing worthwhile in the world. Those things actually ruin the practitioner and drain them of their life force.

but arent these our natural abilities as humans?

Christian propaganda, it's fake btw. Anybody opening third eye truly would not say such things lol.

but this person made a video about the penial gland and opening the third eye and then years later added this text to the video as text,