mindtooloud

Bad Awakening Experiences

There is also the not so subtle differences in two ways of practicing "white magic" (cultivation, or making yourself a better person): 1) you do it for your own glory (boosting your ego, as the newage crowd would say), 2) you do it for the glory of the highest good (or God as the Christians would say).

what would the difference between black magic and white magic be?

This isn't a universally used definition, but we could say that black magic is where you alter anything except yourself...white magic deals with changing oneself only, and not with changing external circumstances.

So, self improvement is basically white magic. Pretty much all spiritual paths fall under that.

There is also the spiritual materialism considerations...moving objects with your mind, traveling out of body, becoming a "god". Those things are lame and self-absorbed, if one is even capable of truly achieving them, and they accomplish nothing worthwhile in the world. Those things actually ruin the practitioner and drain them of their life force.

but arent these our natural abilities as humans?

Nope. Those are considered supernatural abilities. A normal person can't move objects with their mind only, travel out of their body, etc.

you mean what modern society calls sanity?

Opening up certain psychic perceptions before you have the internal stability to handle it.....is no bueno.   :wacko:  

Edited by OldWolf
  • Like 2

Nope. Those are considered supernatural abilities. A normal person can't move objects with their mind only, travel out of their body, etc.

cant any normal person train themselves to unlock these super natural abilities?

Opening up certain psychic perceptions before you have the internal stability to handle it.....is no bueno.   :wacko:  

ahh i see

but this person made a video about the penial gland and opening the third eye and then years later added this text to the video as text, 

so making videos about something making it true? well people believe what is writing in some "holy" books so they will believe anything.

so making videos about something making it true? well people believe what is writing in some "holy" books so they will believe anything.

ummmmmm

All holy writ seems to have its good and not not good parts. It's like friends, you don't have to agree with our like everything about them. If it gets so that one finds more stress than peace with the text or person, than peace, perhaps it's time to let them go. All holy books are written by man. That should say it all. We mess up, project our own ideology. Rumi, Gibran, are pretty nice to read. Others wouldn't touch them and call them satanic or demonic. Here's a thing: how would one know, without reading? How would one recognize conditioning, during reading, that makes for agreement or repugnance? I'm glad I've some post-secondary education. I had to read things that I was taught were wing, bad, satanic, don't question, it's satanic. And I was forced to research and argue positions I didn't hold. That is what got me started down the path that changed a lot of ugliness and hatred. No, I didn't immediately turn into Bodhisattva. I'm still not that. It's just that things came and went. The abiding stayed, the other stuff was just footsteps along a long and winding path, with apologies to the Beatles.

P.S. The Satanic Verses by Rushdie is one of the best, most eye-opening books I ever read. My family won't touch it, and aren't Muslims, have a typical Murican attitude towards Muslims. But I rather like most Muslims I've known. Someone once said, "Religion makes a good man good, and a bad man bad." Pretty much.

"I can not believe I am saying this: I am sorry. I can now say with certainty that 'opening' your third eye and getting involved with occult practices, witchcraft, and even meditation for heightened spiritual 'power', will open you up to demonic influence. The crap that I got sucked into, and helped to spread, is out there to distract and move us away from the one and only God; and God's son, Jesus Christ. This is not a game. You are not here to become a God or a Goddess and 'ascend' to higher dimensions, or learn how to fly out of your body and move objects with your mind. We are in the devil's playground. Go with God."

I read this on a video where a person talks about opening the third eye then years later posts this onto their video after experiencing an awakening, any thoughts on this? do you think the person just had a bad experience or couldn't go through her problems etc?

This has nothing to do with the third eye: this is an example of wild trance states and the various conduits it takes in accord with fantasies and fantoms the pinball bounces off when inducing "higher vibration" and trying to manipulate oneself / awareness / higher bodies.

Sometimes whole levels of very fine experiences are nothing more than trance state "movies" - very fine movies with all the dressing of reality - except they are not. This example is an extension of the sleep we live in - wild fluxuation and clinging conclusions - the trance states of future and past, fear and foreboding of nothing. We dive into a resistance and then come up for a breather - conclude (cling) the breather is the solution and then dive back into a resistance.

This is done again and again and again and again until we move on from that frequency - this is what Karma is.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 3

"I can not believe I am saying this: I am sorry. I can now say with certainty that 'opening' your third eye and getting involved with occult practices, witchcraft, and even meditation for heightened spiritual 'power', will open you up to demonic influence. The crap that I got sucked into, and helped to spread, is out there to distract and move us away from the one and only God; and God's son, Jesus Christ. This is not a game. You are not here to become a God or a Goddess and 'ascend' to higher dimensions, or learn how to fly out of your body and move objects with your mind. We are in the devil's playground. Go with God."

I read this on a video where a person talks about opening the third eye then years later posts this onto their video after experiencing an awakening, any thoughts on this? do you think the person just had a bad experience or couldn't go through her problems etc?

My opinion is that the person wasn't exactly successful in their path, and so chose something they found easier and less threatening- in this case, Christianity.

Involvement with occult practices and witchcraft can definitely be dangerous.

Probably what happened in this case was that the person's spiritual path wasn't truly grounded in LOVE, but in pride and ego, and when they finally had enough nonsense, embraced Christianity in a loving way.

ANY form of spirituality- Christian, New Age, Buddhist, Daoist, atheistic- can be harmful if one's heart isn't in the right place.

This person seems to have blamed the practices, rather than themselves, for their failure.

Of course, I don't know the exact details of their situation, but based on the quote, those are my conclusions.

• Like 1

My opinion is that the person wasn't exactly successful in their path, and so chose something they found easier and less threatening- in this case, Christianity.

Involvement with occult practices and witchcraft can definitely be dangerous.

Probably what happened in this case was that the person's spiritual path wasn't truly grounded in LOVE, but in pride and ego, and when they finally had enough nonsense, embraced Christianity in a loving way.

ANY form of spirituality- Christian, New Age, Buddhist, Daoist, atheistic- can be harmful if one's heart isn't in the right place.

This person seems to have blamed the practices, rather than themselves, for their failure.

Of course, I don't know the exact details of their situation, but based on the quote, those are my conclusions.

I just wonder if love is needed... Let us say I follow Buddhist for practical reasons.. no love.. just pure practicality. e.g. because I want peace.. I want to know my mind  visit other dimensions etc...

Edited by centertime
  • Like 1

As I plumb the depths of my own source through awareness, stillness and emptiness, my shadow appears as an ominous gatekeeper and often I have preferred to flee rather than face, accept and synthesize the reality of my own darkness. 

Stripping away untruths is far from a pleasant process.

Wasn't it Nietzsche who said: "when you stare into the abyss... the abyss stares back."  or some such.

It certainly seems to me like he had his finger on the pulse with that realization.

• Like 2