Apech

Energy transmission and sharing - a debate

This

Who are we to decide what is best for someone else?? I barely know what is best for me. :lol:

It's not healthy to try and protect people from themselves or trying to legislate vibratory and astral reality....this is stupid. But what we can do is create a basic thread on Psychic Hygiene in the Chat Room area so that Bums can have a source of knowledge to refer to should they run into trouble. 

If Apech wants... I can split out all the "Shielding" posts to a new thread...   

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 5

I'm not sure that is the message I'm hearing... to me it is more like: Not all energy is for everyone.   IF we remove assigning energy as good vs bad, then we are left with the idea that it is our interaction with energy that senses good or bad.   And even the sense may not be completely correct but it is our sense of the interaction.

I remember in Medical Qigong that for most of the group, the MCO was something they had never tried and some were scared at the sensations that arose.   One has to see if they are doing the practice correctly; if they are sticking through it to a point where it moves past the initial issues that will arise, and importantly for this practice that while you are trying to open blockages you do not actually cause stagnation of energy yourself.   I think member Link said well, in such cases like this, attachment and focus may be making some issues worse, so there is an aspect of letting go on some level.   And even what I describe above is not for everyone. 

Not all energy experienced is due to transmission but that may be another point and thread...

So is assigning different energies as good or bad actually a problem? Are all energies fundamentally equal?

So is assigning different energies as good or bad actually a problem? Are all energies fundamentally equal?

Energy is energy. If you get how much and when you need, it's good. If You get it when you don't need it or more than you need, it's bad.

Another point my teacher had made to me when he accepted me as his student was that sometimes working with masters and energy in general can feel real bad. But that's because energy when introduced into our body, can amplify some traumas and blockages as they are released. As they come out, you feel the effects. But then it leaves the body and you don't feel bad anymore!

• Like 5

Energy is energy. If you get how much and when you need, it's good. If You get it when you don't need it or more than you need, it's bad.

Another point my teacher had made to me when he accepted me as his student was that sometimes working with masters and energy in general can feel real bad. But that's because energy when introduced into our body, can amplify some traumas and blockages as they are released. As they come out, you feel the effects. But then it leaves the body and you don't feel bad anymore!

Beautifully said. Thank you. :)

• Like 1

There seems to be an underlying message contantly being reaffirmed by energy workers that all energy work is good but that some people are just unable to deal with the consequences of it, and I will always strenuously disagree with this idea. Perhaps there is some good energy work around, but I suspect that most people have very little idea of what they're actually doing, especially when their energy work is based on kundalini energy.

I say this not from fear of kundalini, but from respect for kundalini energy as part of an incredibly sensitive and magnificent subtle energy system, which if cultivated will release kundalini energy in small doses at specific times, which lead to union with the true self. Kundalini released at random times at the whim of the energy worker cannot lead to the true self, no matter what.

It's not always safe, Dr Jiang Feng killed himself quite recently by pushing his Qi too far when trying to heal someone. Also I would worry about people who use their own internal organ energies to heal others too, it's a good way to deplete your kidneys.

There are many different ways to approach energy exchange, some riskier than others. I don't think it is always wise to just let anyone mess around with your energy, although there are probably riskier things you can do such as take drugs, still I would rather work with someone who is either very experienced with a good reputation or comes from a lineage with a good record of healing.

• Like 5

So is assigning different energies as good or bad actually a problem? Are all energies fundamentally equal?

Maybe it's more about remembering that your assignment as good or bad is subjective. It is not "the truth" for everybody. Someone else may assign just the opposite, and be equally correct.... for them.

• Like 4

I have tried to distill some guidelines for energy practice on TDBs.  They are not meant as rules for moderation more helpful advice for members.

Let me know what you think.

Energy transmission, sharing and group practice on The Dao Bums

Some members offer or take part in energy transfer for healing or spiritual development.  You may be approached or become interested in taking part.  If so please follow these guidelines:

1  )  Energy work can have varied effects including making you feel worse rather than better and opening up emotions and past trauma.  Hopefully this will not cause you serious problems but if it does you should seek advice straight away.  The person who did the exercise with you should offer support in any case.

2  ) Before doing energy work with a person or group try to establish a rapport and level of confidence with them.  Check out their experience and credentials.  Trust your own feelings and do not rush into anything.  If you have doubts back off and do not engage until you feel ready.

3 ) Energy work can sometimes ‘leak’ and affect others on the board at the same time.  So those engaging in these practices need to maintain respect for other users.  This may mean taking the work off the board.

4 ) Most people on TDBs are cultivating energy at various levels of development.  They may naturally radiate energy and you may pick this up.  If this is bothering you - take a break, don’t take it personally it is just a natural feature of this online community.

Edited by Apech
  • Like 3

Apech, hi,

IMO - The first word in #4 should be 'many' rather than 'most'. Other than that, feels really good. (-:

Edit: Has a poll ever been taken here as to how many bums actually are doing energy work/cultivation? Anyone know?

Edited by rene
  • Like 2

I have tried to distill some guidelines for energy practice on TDBs.  They are not meant as rules for moderation more helpful advice for members.

I think this should be discussed with admin and the owner of this site before you take it upon yourself to impose rules or guidelines to something just because you and a handful of others do not agree with it.

I saw no impositions and appreciate Apech and all the other bums who are contributing ideas for consideration by staff.

• Like 3

I think this should be discussed with admin and the owner of this site before you take it upon yourself to impose rules or guidelines to something just because you and a handful of others do not agree with it.

Karen,  This whole thread is a debate - see title.  I'm not trying to impose anything just making suggestions.

• Like 2

Edit: Has a poll ever been taken here as to how many bums actually are doing energy work/cultivation? Anyone know?

This would be a cool poll. :)

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 1

Karen,  This whole thread is a debate - see title.  I'm not trying to impose anything just making suggestions.

This is not a debate. This is an attempt to disparage and impose limitations of a specific group after past attempts have not gained the desired traction. You can call it what you will, but it does not make it unvarnished.

This is not a debate. This is an attempt to disparage and impose limitations of a specific group after past attempts have not gained the desired traction. You can call it what you will, but it does not make it unvarnished.

Its a debate between the general membership.  If you feel attacked its in your own mind.

Its a debate between the general membership.  If you feel attacked its in your own mind.

I think this is a reasonable thing so far.    It's going in the general direction that I foresee anyways.   If the members arrive at some useful 'notices' and 'advice' on energy usage in chat,  I would be able to see if it fits with the next step.

So far, what I see is that likely Chat will go back to Sean's original feeling/thinking as something energy practitioners use... but we'd have an entry notice with the "I agree" button, and a link for further into that could provide a range of info from advice to shield.

• Like 3

:lol:

I do not feel attacked, I know how to shield. ;)

I think this is a reasonable thing so far.    It's going in the general direction that I foresee anyways.   If the members arrive at some useful 'notices' and 'advice' on energy usage in chat,  I would be able to see if it fits with the next step.

So far, what I see is that likely Chat will go back to Sean's original feeling/thinking as something energy practitioners use... but we'd have an entry notice with the "I agree" button, and a link for further into that could provide a range of info from advice to shield.

I assumed that's where we were heading.

• Like 1

This would be a cool poll. :)

It would, yes! I tried to create one but it's impossible on this phone.

Would you make one for me in the General Section?

Only one question in the poll:

Do you do energy work/cultivation?

Only two answer choices:

Yes No

Simple poll keeps us out of the weeds :lol:

• Like 1

I was thinking further about this last night - if energy is energy, why does daoism bother with distinguishing jing/qi/shen and 'false fire' (I can't remember the chinese word), daoism considers there to be a difference in refinement of these energies. Hypothetically projecting jing versus projecting shen would not be considered merely an issue of quantity but of quality surely. I believe a distinction should also be made between crown chakra energy coming down and root chakra energy rising up.

The appropriate energy will bring a spotlight to bear on traumas and blockages true, but really people should be shown how to effect these energies within themselves, they needn't be intoduced into someone's body by a teacher, this reminds me of spoon feeding and creates dependancy not maturity. When self-effected, the energy is always the appropriate energy in appropriate amounts, building upon itself.

• Like 2

Only two answer choices:

Yes No

Just to clarify...what you want to know is whether people do energy work/cultivation, work that might be their own personal practice and not discussed on the board?

Or, do you want to know if people engage in intentional energetic interaction with members here, ie giving or receiving healings, transmissions, sharing presence, astral sex...etc?  

Only two answer choices:

Yes No

Done.  

• Like 2

I was thinking further about this last night - if energy is energy, why does daoism bother with distinguishing jing/qi/shen and 'false fire' (I can't remember the chinese word), daoism considers there to be a difference in refinement of these energies. Hypothetically projecting jing versus projecting shen would not be considered merely an issue of quantity but of quality surely. I believe a distinction should also be made between crown chakra energy coming down and root chakra energy rising up.

The appropriate energy will bring a spotlight to bear on traumas and blockages true, but really people should be shown how to effect these energies within themselves, they needn't be intoduced into someone's body by a teacher, this reminds me of spoon feeding and creates dependancy not maturity. When self-effected, the energy is always the appropriate energy in appropriate amounts, building upon itself.

I think everyone should be free to choose the ways and means of learning and experiencing energy. Be that by a teacher or whatever means they feel is right for them.

I have also found that people who are interested tend to enjoy group energy practices so I hope that option doesn't get ruled out with the upcoming changes.

Edited by Jonesboy

I think everyone should be free to choose the ways and means of learning and experiencing energy. Be that by a teacher or whatever means they feel is right for them.

Everyone is free by and large in the West to make these choices independently anyway. I am taking the liberty of debating the qualities and value of energy transmission as this thread was created as a debate, in which all views can be put forward.

Everyone is free by and large in the West to make these choices independently anyway. I am taking the liberty of debating the qualities and value of energy transmission as this thread was created as a debate, in which all views can be put forward.

You are more than free to do so. I think the community of the bums as expressed in multiple threads see value in energy work between people in the bums chat.

I am sure there may be some I would be interested in and other types I won't be. That of course would be my choice as it is everyone's as a bum.