Apech

Energy transmission and sharing - a debate

I don't know if I can sum up the conversation so far but I am getting towards:

1 ) astral sex between consenting adults - is their own business.

2 ) natural 'radiation' - is natural and to be expected in this place of awesome people.

So that leaves intentional transmission and group work.  Are they ok - in what circumstances and when and how?  Although we haven't really agreed on different types of transmission and the use of 'tantric' sexual imagination.

feel free to disagree with my summation by the way :)

I would like to follow up a little on this point with the group...

So on number 2, natural radiation - If one feels negative energy being radiated (or a negative being), do you feel that should be ignored to? Just leave the chatroom, even if you know that it may have a negative effect on the others in the room?

I think you have raised some very good points. Especially highlighting that the spiritual process hits very deep issues and fears. Some release (let go of) those issues and fears and others don't (wanting to maintain that same individual sense of self). Letting go of deep issues & fears is hard work, and many talk about it, but very few really do it.

I also agree that if anyone is doing any energy work with another, ongoing support and help is critical (for the reasons you described). In my opinion, it is not appropriate to do stuff like give shaktipat (if you can really do it) and just move on like some traditions do. If you are doing such work, you should stick around to help, support and explain.

But, I would also say that much of this is self regulating. We all seem to find what we need at the time, even though it may feel like a scary rollercoaster ride at that moment.

I remember that in the past when you first came on this forum that you were selling your idea of having a friendly healing chat with anyone that was interested. Given the nature of the exchange that I had with you in the so called friendly healing session chat, I feel that it wasn't a so called healing session but something entirely different.

Are you qualified to transmit such or are you a collector of practices and do whatever you feel? Qualified in that you can see deep into another and be certain as to the effect of such a transmission? Further, I doubt there are many on this planet at this time that have reached the level of being an authentic shaman. A lot of wannabes are prevailing.

I remember that in the past when you first came on this forum that you were selling your idea of having a friendly healing chat with anyone that was interested. Given the nature of the exchange that I had with you in the so called friendly healing session chat, I feel that it wasn't a so called healing session but something entirely different.

Are you qualified to transmit such or are you a collector of practices and do whatever you feel? Qualified in that you can see deep into another and be certain as to the effect of such a transmission? Further, I doubt there are many on this planet at this time that have reached the level of being an authentic shaman. A lot of wannabes are prevailing.

You must have me mistaken with someone else. I have never offered any form of healing or healing sessions in chat. The only member that I can remember making an offer like that was Jetsun (I think - correct me Jetsun if wrong).

As for myself and some abilities that have come natural to me, via cultivation, are being able to send healing heat (electrical voltage moving through my head and flowing down) at any distance and at times have been able to see inside another and see a physical problem. I was becoming very accomplished with this healing technique and so much so that the energy was way too powerful and became very ill overnight. I stopped the practice back in 1993. Although I have recovered, there are lingering physical effects.

I post this as a caveat to anyone who thinks energy is a warm and fluffy process.

• Like 1

You must have me mistaken with someone else. I have never offered any form of healing or healing sessions in chat. The only member that I can remember making an offer like that was Jetsun (I think - correct me Jetsun if wrong).

It was you. I remember that.

So on number 2, natural radiation - If one feels negative energy being radiated (or a negative being), do you feel that should be ignored to? Just leave the chatroom, even if you know that it may have a negative effect on the others in the room?

Who are we to decide what is best for someone else?? I barely know what is best for me. :lol:

• Like 5

I think you have raised some very good points. Especially highlighting that the spiritual process hits very deep issues and fears. Some release (let go of) those issues and fears and others don't (wanting to maintain that same individual sense of self). Letting go of deep issues & fears is hard work, and many talk about it, but very few really do it.

This brings up the idea of shielding again. Would you be willing to clarify your position?

Who are we to decide what is best for someone else?? I barely know what is best for me. :lol:

Fair enough. I totally understand (and pretty much share) your view. Just looking to get the broader group perspective.

Well, firstly it may be subjective.  I'm not sure that everyone possesses the level of awareness which allows them to distinguish between what the the other person is actually radiating and their own reactivity/baggage and so on which may become associated with the person in question.  Other than that - if you are confident that you have identified a negative radiator then one may wish to offer them assistance directly or just shield yourself from it - or leave the room.

As in 'real life' we will encounter all sorts and it's up to us to do the sensible thing.

• Like 4

This brings up the idea of shielding again. Would you be willing to clarify your position?

As Taomeow stated in a previous post that shields don't always work.

• Like 3

Sure. As I said in an earlier post, someone was talking about starting such a thread on shielding.

And I look forward to it.

• Like 1

Dawei, I hope you dont... they play a big part in this thread also, imo.

Edit: perhaps you could start a new Shielding thread... so Jeff & others can contribute. Maybe copy Taomeows post to start it..if she doesnt mind, of course (-:

Edited by rene

If Apech wants... I can split out all the "Shielding" posts to a new thread...   

You mean 'divert all power to the shields, Mr. Scot.'  Sort of thing?

• Like 4

It was you. I remember that.

I have made thousands of posts, so it may have related to something else, but I am not a healer type and don't profess to be.

Any link reference? i searched on healing with offer or session authored by Jeff and could not find anything like that.

I am aware.

Shields potentially not being effective is an important point and why I think it is a good topic for a full thread.

You mean 'divert all power to the shields, Mr. Scot.'  Sort of thing?

Just an offer... you can decide as the OP...   or someone still just starts a new one...

Personally, I think the posts on protection and shielding should remain here and have contributed to the discussion.  Because of this aspect of the discussion I was thinking about sarting a thread on shielding and protection, and even explaining the physics of the Faraday cage and how it is used in some Daoist protection protection systems.

• Like 3

Dawei, I hope you dont... they play a big part in this thread also, imo.

Edit: perhaps you could start a new Shielding thread... so Jeff & others can contribute. Maybe copy Taomeows post to start it..if she doesnt mind, of course (-:

I agree, splitting threads will just confuse the predecessor thread. I vote for a new one, leave this one alone.

I have made thousands of posts, so it may have related to something else, but I am not a healer type and don't profess to be.

Any link reference? i searched on healing with offer or session authored by Jeff and could not find anything like that.

Just found our email exchange which was quite lengthy. You sent me a PM which started the conversation etc.

ok, I'll leave it in the hands of ZYD to consider starting one...

For reference:  Here is Ralis post on the Cage:

http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/41910-energy-transmission-and-sharing-a-debate/?p=707764

And his picture if it is is needed in another thread:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c0/Cage_de_Faraday.jpg/800px-Cage_de_Faraday.jpg

• Like 1

It just occurred to me that some people may have missed or forgotten this:

What about a Faraday Cage to block unwanted energies. I am being facetious but there are other possibilities.

800px-Cage_de_Faraday.jpg

I very dramatic illustration, and perhaps more apropos than some realize.

Ah, I see that dawei has already addressed the matter to a certain extent, but picture is worth a thousand links!

If people really want I can start a thread, which I may extend to a certain extent to address some of the reasons why shielding may fail.

• Like 5

I'd still like to discuss a little the role of protection and shielding on here as relevant to transmission activities.  I don't think anyone is of the opinion that these things always work and are 100% effective in all circumstances.  But its a useful point to say if you encounter something you don't like there is something you can do to protect yourself from it.

What this boils down to for me is that we each have to take responsibility for ourselves.  There is no teacher pupil relationship within DBs.

• Like 1