lessdaomorebum

I would like to delete my account

Yes, there is a lot of misunderstanding between people in this thread.

I'm not angry or upset with you. I expect someone who claims to be able to do something, to do it...because I inherently believe that people have integrity, and a person with integrity claiming to do something has no problem doing it. They just do it, or don't. If they could, but don't, it's because they had better things to do and had no attachment to opinions, in which case they wouldn't make claims in the first place...but a person lacking integrity makes big claims and has nothing to back it up, then makes all kinds of excuses for why they can't. I'm genuinely not sure which one has happened here.

It's not my intention to be rude, so I won't ask again. It's not my intention to drive anyone away from the forum, who has stuff to share. I'm interested in learning more from you, because what you say is actually interesting.

I too should take a break...this has been a lot of time spent with nothing really substantial coming out of it.

• Like 2

That would be a convenient excuse for not demonstrating. "If your practice is real, you can demonstrate that you have qi...I can do that of course, so you should believe me when I say that all practices in the West are fake...but demonstrating would waste my qi, so I don't want to. But believe me."  ^_^

Aetherous, you wrote

"If your practice is real, you can demonstrate that you have qi..."

If we substitute the word "effective" for "real", yes, I think he said that.

Re: "I can do that of course, so you should believe me when I say that all practices in the West are fake...but demonstrating would waste my qi, so I don't want to. But believe me." 

I don't think he said that at all. 

Could you let this be a new conversation, not connected to (many!) old conversations here, in which, yes, some did make those claims?

I'm just not getting that here...

Edited by cheya

I believe and try to practice this rigorously..."attraction rather than promotion." When you are 70, appearance has no value any longer. It is what is on the inside that counts. I may be using my chi when opeining a door, or kissing my wife, or excuting a kiriage in Iaido.  I really don't care. It just is. It may at this time in my life be "formless." Maybe that is how it is that I don't notice my chi. But talking about it is certainly not practicing humility.

It is said that if I recognize humility in you, than I must have it within me. But if I tell you that I am humble, than I am not. I have not seen a lot of humility in these and other posts...to include me.

I am attracted to those that are willing to talk about Doaism and how it is they apply it to their lives. The application is where humility is born. No one needs to talk about it unless asked. But all this back and forth and one upmanship is going no where.

I agree with Aetherous. He asked for the proof, and therefore it should be humbly given to him without promotion. Example: This is how it works for me...how has it bettered me as a person and my relationships with others. Leave the magic and etheral stuff out of it. The last guy to do this kind of stuff was Jesus. And the one before him was God, supposedly. So, we are not extraordinary men.

• Like 2

The last guy to do this kind of stuff was Jesus. And the one before him was God, supposedly. So, we are not extraordinary men.

And the Jews killed Jesus and Nietzsche declared God dead.

Supernatural powers are good only if they work.

• Like 1

Well, Jesus got the crowd to follow him, and that is what some of the guys that post are attempting to do, it seems. Metaphorically speaking, I think that those that are promoting what they believe in, including me, are nailing themselves. For me, attraction rather than promotion works better.

And the Jews killed Jesus and Nietzsche declared God dead.

Supernatural powers are good only if they work.

I think that Nietzsche was was talking about man's turning away from an objective view of morality...that man had killed the idea of morality/God. I think that Nietzsche was railing against the rise of moral relativism and nihilism.

I think that Nietzsche was was talking about man's turning away from an objective view of morality...that man had killed the idea of morality/God. I think that Nietzsche was railing against the rise of moral relativism and nihilism.

Pretty accurate but I'm not going to feed this any more because it is way too far off topic.

• Like 1

He saw nihilism as the result of religious morality. Morals were the preserve of the church and were based on altruism. He was railing against altruism and the nihilism that he believed inevitably resulted from it. Basically he was attempting to sweep away the old, prevent the new becoming directionless stagnation in order to usher in the dawn of a new age of man.

He didn't explain exactly where this new man would get his morals, it was easier for him to dismiss morality completely and instead tie everything up in a kind of master craftsman approach-like a master painter uses brushes, lines, paint, canvas to create a master works, so the new master man (superman) would carve out his life from whatever whim (emotion/character) was required. There wouldn't be one set of morals (slave mentality/altruism), instead there would be the right morality as the result of the master at work through his will to power. He wasn't a moral relativist, but neither was he of the belief that there could be any rational basis for morality or we would end up back in the world of Plato's untouchable forms in a moral sense.

Essentially he did not see ethics as a science but as a necessity of whim (will to power). Hence, unlike Hegel who made altruism a feature, not of God, but to the collective-creating the possibility of Communism/fascism, but as a personal force . In other words, selfishness based entirely on whim, but a whim supposedly of the right, creative kind which blossoms from some innate character feature just as a master painter emerges from a host of other less talented artists.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1

But seeing as I am not selling anything, promoting any system, or trying to get anything out of posting, I am not sure why I have to prove anything. 

Of course you are, which is why you DO have to prove it. You haven't been banned, no one is preventing you posting, so, if you believe what you are saying, then carry on saying it. You have a platform to speak, so speak or be damned. The problem is that you are in conflict with your purpose, by saying that you don't want to get anything out of posting, when in fact you do-we ALL do. It might make you the most unpopular person here, but then, it's not your purpose to be popular, it is to stand firmly behind your product.

What product exactly?

I must say, I don't understand the logic you guys are using. I still don't get why you feel I must prove anything to you. I did not ask anyone to prove anything to me. But lets do this. You guys who are saying I should prove it, upload a video of yourself to youtube showing you doing watever it is that makes you believe you have qi and share it here. Make sure you show your face, and show me what you can do. If you do, then I will seriously consider doing the same.

Then don't prove it. No one else will. So what are you left with ? A hand full of magic beans to everyone else's handful of magic beans. Their beans will be stronger if you walk away, and It's because you threaten to walk away that your bluff is called. To me this qi stuff is fantasy, I'm calling it as I see it. Basically this is bragging rights because not one of you can prove their beans work.

Only you know if it is a product or, your soul that you are selling. I don't know which it is, but to me it looks suspiciously like the latter. You want to be admired for having the best magic beans and as the beans are simply a form of currency, without actual value, then, perhaps your aim is to be respected and admired first ?

So, you can walk away -thus giving all the other magic bean holders the chance to hold onto their positions here and wondering what your purpose was for coming to the forum in the first place :-/ or you can push your beans and see if you can get some position for yourself :-/ or you can just keep pushing your beans regardless of what anyone here thinks, completely unconcerned with your position. I strongly suggest that the third position is the better one, it's the Noah position if you like. You build the boat and let others join you if they like what you say and if no one comes then that's how it will be.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 2

I do quite like the way you write. I still don't fully understand the logic you use.

You and others seem to think I am trying to promote my system or teacher here. This is exactly the opposite of what I am doing. I have no desire to promote my system or my teacher/teachers on here. I have zero desire to promote my teacher or my system on here truth be told.

If I wanted to be admired, I would gladly post videos on youtube and share them here. Me not wanting to post my face, and be online should really tell you that i want the opposite. I am not a "look at me" kind of person. I wanted people to ask themselves the hard questions.

Never did I once say any systems or teachers are fake, that is not for me to decide. Seeing the response I am getting now, it seems that my opinion makes too many people feel uncomfortable.

I like the three options that you give. I don't really have a boat that I want anyone to join. People just need to ask themselves the right questions. The answers aren't always nice but at least this way we learn.

You think all this qi stuff is fantasy and that is fine. It is ten times better than someone thinking they have qi, then writing books and promoting practices and spreading information that do more harm than good. Or charging people outrages amounts of money for dvds and/or courses that also do more harm than good. Not all are like this obviously, but if you ask yourself the right questions, you can choose something that is good for you.

It is funny how it is demanded that I load my videos up for the world to see, but those demanding it are not willing to do the same.

You gave yourself a good advice: "people need to ask themselves the right question".

Now, ask yourself why this is important to you ? What is in it for you ? How would deleting your account accomplish it ?

Edited by Karl

I am not the one who wants to delete their account. I didn't start this thread.

That's true, though you also feel 'the pain' of the OP.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1

Hehehe.  Talk about getting lost in space!

I have had to delete people from my life in the past.

'Delete' is one of those words than could be substituted for 'eliminated', 'terminated' or 'liquidated'.

• Like 1

'Delete' is one of those words than could be substituted for 'eliminated', 'terminated' or 'liquidated'.

Yeah, but "terminated" and "liquidated" would bring on some connotations that wouldn't be viewed as something positive.

• Like 1

Yeah, but "terminated" and "liquidated" would bring on some connotations that wouldn't be viewed as something positive.

Depends who the 'deleted' happened to be. I can think of many positive deletions.

• Like 1