lessdaomorebum

I would like to delete my account

Nungali, you can see what I look like if you can go to Classical Tai Chi Form and Delivery of Power (Fajin) Youtube. My Master is giving a talk, and I can be seen in the reflection to his right. The camera pans in, so you will get a good look . I had hair then. Now I wear a buzz, a number O. I cut my own hair. I have been practicing Classical Wu Tai Chi since 2003. Very difficult to learn because you have to use the abdomen and back muscles to drive the Form. There are 108 postures. I am still refining the postures.

Everyone else is welcome to take a look if you're curious as to what I look like.

....   with hair in  a 'ponytail'   ...      'stat you ? 

Here is me showing classic form with the sword and shield 

Troy+Achilles.jpg

demonstrating the importance of keeping the shield in a high rear guard while facing one opponent in front of you , who is out of range, with your own army at your back . 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Your cat Numgali looks like something from the Inqusition era. The cat looks mad at someone. Maybe you Nungali. I think the cat just passed judgement and you will soon be brought to trial by the rack and fire.

Run for it Nungali. Run!!!!!!

Grumpy-Cat-Is-not-impressed.jpg

... actually Jim , we do have a  'sword ' and  'shield ' form .  Our club does not practice it, but one day I hope to try some with them.

Tinbe and Rocin 

Originally a machete  ( or short spear on one end, club on the other ) and  turtle shell. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSC6URHdRWk

• Like 1

No. Not the guy with the pony tail. I am the one that has the white T-Shirt on with dark shorts, and ankle soaks on. I am right at the beginning of the Youtube. There is a relection of me. The camera pans in on Master Hwa. I fold my arms. I am looking to my left. Does this help?

The only interesting thread on DaoBums is about someone who wants to delete their account.  Think on it.

• Like 6

You seem a nice guy and post in a way that isn't argumentative or rude.

This post however is exactly what I have been talking about.There is such a misunderstanding about qi, and any qi ability gets related to magic, and special secret schools. This just isn't the case. We need to stop thinking being able to demonstrate qi is due to some magical exercises or secret methods. 

Okay...you claim that being able to "demonstrate qi" doesn't require training in schools that teach various methods, in other words, that it can be done by a person who practices from a book or the internet for instance. I could technically agree to that.

Can you prove it, yourself, to us? What's your demonstration? What was the practice (because you say secret methods aren't necessary) that brought about the demonstration?

I'm honestly expecting to see one of these "demonstrations" from you now. Put your money where your mouth is!

You also claim that these Chinese terms aren't clear and are misunderstood by many, like: qi, jing, ren and du, dantian...you gave some of what appeared to be clear definitions, but you said that you were going into "pretend world" when doing that...so apparently those are not the definitions that you actually adhere to.

If you think people misunderstand those words and that it leads to a lot of mystical nonsense, then what is your true understanding of them (without going into pretend mode)?

I'm expecting to see clear real world definitions from you now.

Something I pointed to was the Chinese Medical perspective of these things...that view does include clear definitions of these words (except for dantian, but that's defined clearly in neidan), which demystifies the process. For instance, I said that everyone is refining jing into qi because that's what helps us be alive...that is the mingmen or Kidney yang using up the Kidney jing to send yuan qi through the sanjiao to the various shu points. <- Medical view. Without that mechanism, people wouldn't breathe or have a heartbeat or anything.

The medical view can give us insight into things...such as why the various dantian qi masters typically end up dying at like 50-60 years old: they're using up their Kidney jing more quickly than others and are not replenishing it.

too many people have too much to lose by admitting that having qi also leads to being able to demonstrate that they have qi.

Just so you're very clear, I'm not one of those people...I agree that having qi leads to being able to demonstrate it in some fashion. The question is...what are people expecting to see?

That's where I take issue with what you're saying. Shreds of paper flying around for instance might be a demonstration, but it's totally pointless, is a thing that's specifically trained for rather than a byproduct of "having qi", and is very damaging to one's health to do. The master who did that recently passed away at too young of an age...

Chi is called a life force. We call it the Action Potential of a Neuron here in the West. The proof of its existence is evidenced by dehydration and the need to replace electrolytes. There is nothing magical about it.

Hi Atherous,

You wrote in response to 小梦想 : 

"you claim that to "demonstrate qi" doesn't require training in schools that teach various methods, in other words, that it can be done by a person who practices from a book or the internet for instance. I could technically agree to that."

Demonstrating qi doesn't require training in schools that teach various methods? Where did he say that?

I thought he said many/most schools don't teach methods that produce real and verifiable results.

And then what led you to conclude the bolded part?

Hi Atherous,

You wrote in response to 小梦想 :

"you claim that to "demonstrate qi" doesn't require training in schools that teach various methods, in other words, that it can be done by a person who practices from a book or the internet for instance. I could technically agree to that."

Demonstrating qi doesn't require training in schools that teach various methods? Where did he say that?

I thought he said many/most schools don't teach methods that produce real and verifiable results.

And then what led you to conclude the bolded part?

It seems like that's what he's saying when he said...

"any qi ability gets related to magic, and special secret schools. This just isn't the case. We need to stop thinking being able to demonstrate qi is due to some magical exercises or secret methods."

And that means you can get the real, demonstrable qi from books or the internet?

.........I'm not actually saying that couldn't happen, but I'm pretty sure that 小梦想 would not agree. (Sorry, I can't seem to make that bold text go back to normal. So I bolded the whole thing  :D)

Edited by cheya

And that means you can get the real, demonstrable qi from books or the internet?

From what I grasp of what he's saying, he is saying that you don't need secretive schools that teach methods to cultivate qi in a true way...those methods can be found elsewhere, such as in some books or on the Internet.

But his real point is that cultivation should eventually cause someone to be able to demonstrate the fruits in some way. With qi cultivation, the practitioner can then use their qi to do something.

This is exactly the type of opinion and misinformation passed as fact that has been pointed all throughout this thread. When the master you speak of passed away he was not emitting your ordinary qi, he was pushing a very specific type of qi, Yuan qi, in order to literally reconstruct a patient's damaged organs. This is a very specific and advanced technique that is used only in extreme and rare cases.The drawback of using this type of technique is that it is very damaging to the body of the emitter and even if the emitter survives, then his lifespan is inevitably shorten. It sometimes requires years for the emitter to truly recover from such a transfer. The master already did one transfer some months before and he was not fully healed but chose to do this procedure anyway FULLY KNOWING that he might die. He CHOSE to literally give his life in order to save his patient. So he wasn't using the average qi that comes from "jing to qi" and that is discussed in this thread, his death had nothing to do with emitting electric qi or having a real dantian formed. There is nothing damaging to having Zhenqi if you practice correctly and are supervised by a qualified teacher, quite the contrary.

The average qi from "jing to qi" is actually yuanqi...Zhenqi is from a different internal process that relies on having some yuan qi. Basic Chinese medical theory here.

And the fact is: true masters don't die young. Why would someone take their own life, when there are other ways of saving people's lives besides draining oneself? Respect to someone who trained, did things, and was a teacher...but let's think critically about this stuff.

If you think this opinion is misinformation and is enough to make people wish to leave the forum, that's just your opinion. Look into the creation of Zhenqi versus yuan qi and see if I'm wrong.

I get the feeling this topic may be bound for the pit soon. So before it potentially goes there, please be nice, everyone, speaking as a concerned member with no moderator privilege.

Lessdaomorebum has stayed on and while it's good some much needed discussion on expertise and misinformation is happening here, something tells me that it has also opened doors that may let in much more than what was expected with the original post.

• Like 6

There weren't any other ways, the patient would have died in days and no medicine, either western or eastern could have saved him. And the master was under a special Buddhist oath which compelled him to help stop the suffering however he could. As I stated before, that specific procedure is done rarely and only in extreme situations, when there are no other alternatives. Pushing himself beyond the limit was his choice, in order to save the life of another being.

But anyway, you clearly already know everything about qi from reading Chinese medical books so I feel I might be wasting my breath here. Good luck in your future endeavors!

Without sarcasm - being under an oath makes it understandable.

The only interesting thread on DaoBums is about someone who wants to delete their account.  Think on it.

<thinks>  ... okay ....  The only interesting thread on DaoBums  ( for Apech )  is about someone who wants to delete their account. 

<thinks>  ... okay ....  The only interesting thread on DaoBums  ( for Apech )  is about someone who wants to delete their account. 

It could get more interesting if certain other people wanted to delete their accounts too :)

• Like 5

It could get more interesting if certain other people wanted to delete their accounts too :)

Forget it!  Never surrender!  Remember?

• Like 2

You can beat me down into an inkspot, but you will never get rid of me. I go when I want to. Got it!  And don't ask me why, 'cause I already told ya! O.K.

• Like 1

I get the feeling this topic may be bound for the pit soon. So before it potentially goes there, please be nice, everyone, speaking as a concerned member with no moderator privilege.

Lessdaomorebum has stayed on and while it's good some much needed discussion on expertise and misinformation is happening here, something tells me that it has also opened doors that may let in much more than what was expected with the original post.

HarlowCthulhu.jpg

• Like 1

15253.gif

Forget it!  Never surrender!  Remember?

Yeah ... there is the origins of mankind thread ... the Atlantis thread   ( which reminds me  ;)   ......  )  

• Like 1

Another good point.  I call that one's own destiny or path.    Folks are moving along something they feel lead to (or are chasing) but in the end, in this lifetime, they are only going as far as destiny has for them.

I came to the point of respecting everyone's path, every far or short, as it is where they are going and will end up in the end.

But, my wife makes some wonder chinese dishes... and while she has not western background for cooking, she is turning it upside down by combining the two.   Sometimes our path will diverge to another branch and produce a new flower.    Sometimes, it is just where it is.    

While I was not around for the original creation of the site...   but my sense is that we need to respect all paths as that is another's path.... and we're best to spend most of our energy understanding our path and sticking to it... but flexible to the fact that our path may not be so straight and narrow nor produce demonstrations of great feats.   

I don't think anyone does qigong wanting low ability. I also think that everyone would agree that some systems probably do more for you than others (even if they might not agree which systems those are).

I don't believe in destiny, fate, predestination, karma, or anything else like that. Perhaps I am a fool. (some would like to alter that sentence by one word)