Junko

The origin of mankind

What he is saying is that those snakes were run over by cars, and he made use of what was left of them. Nothing wrong with that, I'd say.

When a living being is killed intentionally, obviously that can't be called an accident.

Death is death. On this planet when animal get killed and die or just die,human will do something. Easy to see,they would make a money with it, eat it or whatever they want with it.What a life!Maybe somewhere in deep human mind they want to eat other human that's why human have to do things like this.I am just very realistic.

Edited by Junko

Death is death. On this planet when animal get killed and die or just die,human will do something. Easy to see,they would make a money with it, eat it or whatever they want with it.What a life!Maybe somewhere in deep human mind they want to eat other human that's why human have to do things like this.I am just very realistic.

It's because we need to eat Junko, so collecting/rearing snakes for food is probably a easily accessible source of high quality protein, fats, vitamins etc. The skin can be used for shoes, purses, handbags, clothing etc. Nothing is wasted.

I agree with you Karl.Off course we have to grow and for well being. For that we have to eat.But how many people on this planet aware of that? And even appreciate about it or even happy about it?

Edited by Junko

If frogs could fly they wouldn't bump their ass every time they jump.

I think there is a breed of frog which can glide.

• Like 1

I think there is a breed of frog which can glide.

Yes, there are a few of them.  Mostly tree frogs.  There is a toad that tightens up into a little ball and rolls down the landscape to keep from being eaten.

• Like 1

There is a frog which has a poison.

There are many frogs that have poison.  Nearly all toads are poisonous.  But the poison is used only for defense, not offense.

There is a frog which has a poison.

When I was on holiday in Peru, we spent a week deep in the Amazon jungle. Our guide caught one of the frogs they use to tip the poison blowpipe darts. He shook it in his hand to make it dizzy and stop it jumping. When he opened his hand there lay the tiniest, perfect little red frog. Really tiny, about 1/4 the size of a sugar cube.

• Like 3

Many snakes have poison too.

We have the poison Adder in Britain. A few people get bitten each year and the bite can be fatal.

My neighbor pulled all the landscaping out if his yard because he saw a harmless blacksnake in one of his bushes. 

• Like 1

My neighbor pulled all the landscaping out if his yard because he saw a harmless blacksnake in one of his bushes. 

I have a local blacksnake that I see now and then.  But then, what with the frogs in the ponds and all the toads that come over when it is time to mate it is understandable that I would have snakes.

I used to see garter snakes frequently but haven't seen any for a while.

And it is true, there are some snake that are harmless to humans but rather serve a useful purpose like eating mice and rats.

Edited by Marblehead
  • Like 1

Some people have a snake as pet at home.

My wife has one, it's only allowed out on special occasions :-)

• Like 1

My wife has one, it's only allowed out on special occasions :-)

When she wants to tempt you with an apple?

• Like 2

Snakes are a farmers friend eating a lot of pests including but not limited to rodents as M H pointed out they love mice. I appreciate them, but do get startled when I encounter them.

Edited by cold
  • Like 1

The republic of Ireland is very unique in the sense that its snake-free. Legend has it that St. Patrick drove them all away and cast a protective spell over the land so that none of these reptiles can find a way to survive here. To this day there is no record of any snakes found anywhere on the island. 

• Like 1

We have a lot of snakes too in Japan. Some snakes are born with totally white.