Junko

The origin of mankind

It might have been Junko

metor-shower-471645.jpg

It wouldn't need to be. The planet would not have required a chunk of rock to seed it and more than likely didn't, as it is a large enough chunk of rock already.

I would think that life could develop from the harshest of environments, but it will not always thrive.

One thing that has always puzzled me about asteroids and meteorites is the science fiction writers concern about one big chunk of rock hitting the planet, when, potentially a swarm of tiny meteors would be the equivalent of a shotgun on the surface of an apple.

Threshold size, we get hit by small meteors daily.They bounce off or burn up when tiny, dont make much of an impact when medium which numerically is of diminishing liklihood , beyond that we call them big.. and even when unlikely, they could be problematic.

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

Threshold size, we get hit by small meteors daily.They bounce off or burn up when tiny, dont make much of an impact when medium which numerically is of diminishing liklihood , beyond that we call them big.. and even when unlikely, they could be problematic.

I'm talking of those that do hit the planet and survive atmospheric entry. A very large cluster of that kind of debris would scour the planets surface of all life. Certainly a big rock would do it, but a big rock is a like a man fishing with a single line. However a very large debris cloud would be like a fishing net. I think it's more likely that we fly through a field of debris -perhaps as a result of a solar system event-than it is to be hit by a large rock.

• Like 1

I'm talking of those that do hit the planet and survive atmospheric entry. A very large cluster of that kind of debris would scour the planets surface of all life. Certainly a big rock would do it, but a big rock is a like a man fishing with a single line. However a very large debris cloud would be like a fishing net. I think it's more likely that we fly through a field of debris -perhaps as a result of a solar system event-than it is to be hit by a large rock.
I see your point and it seems reasonable, but for the folks who think otherwise about the alternative likelihood of a swarm, not surprisingly, dont harp on it much. ... I think ,they think its less likely.

No.  There are no aliens.
Ah--no? In the universe? Nowhere? I am not sure because we have even instinct on this planet.

I see your point and it seems reasonable, but for the folks who think otherwise about the alternative likelihood of a swarm, not surprisingly, dont harp on it much. ... I think ,they think its less likely.

Best evidence is that this has happened only once during the life of our solar system.

But the asteroid belt has lots of stuff in it.  A big disturbance could cause problems.

• Like 1

Ah--no? In the universe? Nowhere? I am not sure because we have even instinct on this planet.

I say no simply because there is no valid evidence for any.

Now, I do allow for the possibility of such.  And such thoughts are reasonable.

But from my perspective, until at least one has been documented and verified, there are none.

I say no simply because there is no valid evidence for any.

Now, I do allow for the possibility of such.  And such thoughts are reasonable.

But from my perspective, until at least one has been documented and verified, there are none.

One beings alien is another beings neighbour.

Could it be that those aliens, they don't want to be seen?!

Yes.  That is a possibility.  If I were an alien I wouldn't want Earthlings to know I existed either.  After all, it is typical of Earthlings to kill anything they don't understand.  Shoot first and ask questions later.

But then, if I were an alien and had the capability to travel from one solar system to another I would have much greater power than would the Earthlings so I would be able to defend myself from them and even destroy them if I felt that would be the best thing to do.

• Like 1

Best evidence is that this has happened only once during the life of our solar system.

But the asteroid belt has lots of stuff in it.  A big disturbance could cause problems.

True , but what is it that anyone is supposed to do about such a big disturbance? Its just not what I call 'actionable' ( that's to say no matter what I think about the negative ramifications , there's nothing I can reasonably do about it) . I figure a big ol' plague is the next big concern. To me, the crowding and conditions in most of the world are untenable. 

It seems like fire ants and love bugs have dropped tremendously in numbers the last few years,, though the population could be spreading out still... sooner or later something catches up to restore a similar balance,, (other wise the tipping point wouldn't be where it is. ) 

• Like 1

Could it be that those aliens, they don't want to be seen?!

Aliens are shy about their over-sized heads? 

• Like 2

According to Marblehead, Aliens visit our planet.

Everyone's an alien to Marblehead, but he didn't exactly say that.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1

According to Marblehead, Aliens visit our planet.

According to aliens Marblehead visits their planet.

• Like 2

According to aliens Marblehead visits their planet.

Where he is revered as the great Godhead.

• Like 1