Junko

The origin of mankind

He said it could be.....

He also says potential=non existence. So 'could' might well indicate that's what he means, but he is an inscrutable one is Mr MH

• Like 1

Personally speaking Karl, do you believe in aliens?

It's not a matter of believing.

Do I think there is life on other planets ? Most certainly, indeed it's pretty much a no brainer. Though that life maybe only be a few cells.

Do I think that there are developed sentient beings which have the capacity to reason ?

This is a more difficult question and the probability decreases. This is because there are far fewer planets in the Goldilocks zone and fewer still that have the protection of a large satellite. We must also factor in timescale. The universe is very old and species may not have blossomed at the same time as our own.

Finally, the universe is large, it is filled with trillions of planets spread far apart by millions of light years. As yet we have not discovered any way that we can travel even a fraction of the speed necessary to reach our nearest star. It isn't like looking for a needle in a haystack. It's like looking for one particular particle amongst every single particle on and in our own planet. We may never come across an alien race even if it existed at the same time as we do. Even if we set off to travel to a very good target using a mechanism that could achieve 99.99% of light speed, there is a good chance that the life may well have vanished by the time we get there and a good chance that humanity would have also vanished.

I'm talking of those that do hit the planet and survive atmospheric entry. A very large cluster of that kind of debris would scour the planets surface of all life. Certainly a big rock would do it, but a big rock is a like a man fishing with a single line. However a very large debris cloud would be like a fishing net. I think it's more likely that we fly through a field of debris -perhaps as a result of a solar system event-than it is to be hit by a large rock.

I think there are more meteorites hitting us than we realise

55115d1243948851-peekskill-ny-fireball-t

220px-Benldmeteorite.jpg  REU-RUSSIA-METEORITE_003.jpg

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

However ,  not many can say  :  "I got hit in the third eye with a rock from outer space . "

!   :blink: 

• Like 3

It seems like fire ants and love bugs have dropped tremendously in numbers the last few years,, though the population could be spreading out still... sooner or later something catches up to restore a similar balance,, (other wise the tipping point wouldn't be where it is. ) 

It won't be too long now

2254.jpg

• Like 2

According to Marblehead, Aliens visit our planet.

That doesn't sound like our Marblehead !  :blink: 

I must have missed that !

• Like 2

Now its back ... but trying to edit the above post I get blocked with a box that says  "This site says 'invalid argument'

Now thats a new one ! 

Nope ....   now its not showing me that box and blocking me .... 

I give up.

Edited by Nungali

Now its back ... but trying to edit the above post I get blocked with a box that says  "This site says 'invalid argument'

Now thats a new one ! 

I give up.

Invalid argument  .... that's about right.

• Like 1

That doesn't sound like our Marblehead !  :blink:

I must have missed that !

What was said was likely taken out of context.

Now thats a new one ! 

I give up.

You are allowed only a given number of invalid arguments and then the evil  spirits take control.  When that happens there's no telling what will happen next.

• Like 2

Thank You for the answer Karl. Do you think mankind have a hope?

I'm always hopeful and yet deeply pessimistic. I don't know if we will survive, I doubt it, but I haven't given up hoping for a better outcome. We have the potential for certain, but we seem to be frittering away our rationality, we appear to have abandoned reason for emotion, values for pleasure and ethics for pragmatism. When mans mind is his only tool for survival and he throws it away whilst immersing himself in anger, guilt and pleasure seeking with no regard to reality, then that doesn't bode well. However, hope springs eternal and grass grows through the thickest concrete and rust crumbles the strongest steel.

• Like 1

That is right, Maheosphet. I also don't like it at all. But you know some people,they are so blind to see themself that way. But I know that makes them old quicker,so I am not concerned.

Edited by Junko

I think the biiger problem is people that do not summon evil spirits, that have them anyway, and do all sorts of crud .... right 'off their own bat' .

Peace and prosperity! That is what matter.

Edited by Junko
  • Like 1

Peace and prosper! That is what matter.

Without force reason flourishes.

With reason peace is found.

From peace comes prosperity.

• Like 1

Y'all know I don't believe in evil spirits, don't you?

That was not supposed to be taken seriously what I said above.

• Like 1

Without force reason flourishes.

With reason peace is found.

From peace comes prosperity.

Im not entirely convinced on this proverb. It has to be force fit to work. The sentiment is fine though, but,, Some use of force may be reasonable and bring peace. Even unforced and prosperous people can .. and will do stupid things. And reason is highly overrated. Though occasionally the trend would be accurate.

I think the biiger problem is people that do not summon evil spirits, that have them anyway, and do all sorts of crud .... right 'off their own bat' .
Yeah! What if I just summoned evil spirits over for Poker Night? Everyone has thier brighter side, even evil spirits. ...... Man, ,,they just get blamed for EVERYthing.
  • Like 1