Junko

The origin of mankind

Youtube

Adronis - History of the Creation of Planet Earth and Humans

I had to stop when he said that God did it.  But I did put up with his saying "creation".

First a human had a lot of hair....and then a human was walking...kept walking on this planet whether windy day or rainy day even when earth was swaying in the earthquake,just kept walking.....then all the hair brown away and result was mankind standing in the middle of high modern building....!

• Like 2

It's because of the time I was born technology at that time there was a caset tape I quite like it.Sony caset tape,you could rewind or go forward.....

• Like 1

Hehehe.  Remember, I am known for being the last poster in some threads that gain my attention.

Let's start with the fact that this manifest universe is approx. 13.7 billion years old.  Man's presence on the planet started evolving approx. 4 million years ago.  So, we have 13.3 billion years that the manifest universe has been "doing".  There was no man to recognize this.  And the manifest universe didn't really care one way or another.

That's not what I asked. The universe didn't have a time figure 13.7 million years. That's mans measurement based on relative scales of the concept of time.

Prior to man the universe was just a series of ongoing causalities. Gas bumped into gas, got hot, created a ball of denser material-I'm not saying this is how things were created it's just to show the process of causality. When man showed up we lived for a period, we watched night turn to day and the seasons change. We began to relate these things to each other, until we had a complete measure of a relationary concept we called time.

Time is just our personal relationship to causal change.

If everything was entirely static and our life span was not limited, we were effectively indestructible and we needed neither air, food, or water. Then we could not relate time to anything. We couldn't have a concept of time, we would have no past or present.

It's because of the time I was born technology at that time there was a caset tape I quite like it.Sony caset tape,you could rewind or go forward.....

I was born at a time when the world was arguing over the necessity for two speakers and it was thought that no one would buy into the new fangled stereo. The very first stereo records were mostly played on mono turntables and were plastered with warning labels requiring the customer to install a lightweight 'stylus'.

'Stylus' was a very high tech word. Those using it were accused of being bourgeoise and a bit snobby. Most of us used the term 'needle' because that's basically what we used. A chunk of sharp steel that was tolerated by the 78rpm mono records of the day.

When cassettes appeared they were derided as inferior child's toys. Proper men owned reel to reel tape recorders. I still love those things with glowing VU metres and all the mechanical clonking and whirring. A cassette was such a poor kind of device in comparison.

We should do the history of audio technology.

Edited by Karl
  • Like 1

A person recently showed me a hand held light meter, which is a thing I had never actually seen. I really admired this tool. It suits my formative era I suppose, Like When a phone was for talking to other humans...plastic wasnt considered a quality substance, .... On hearing of personal computers, I said,, Why would I need computer in my home? I dont collect recipes, and can manage a checkbook on paper. :)

• Like 1

I liked the smell of cassette tape!

Edited by Junko

I like the smell of creosote. and band-aids.

Edited by Stosh

I like the smell of creosote. and band-aids.

Are you talking about Geldoff ?

A fictional character? or Geldof, King Creosote,,, neither actually the preservative used on wood like telephone poles railroad ties and gun stocks.

Edited by Stosh
  • Like 1

A fictional character? or Geldof, King Creosote,,, neither actually the preservative used on wood like telephone poles railroad ties and gun stocks.

IT was a joke, 'band aid' you know 'feel the worms, let them know it's Christmas time'.

• Like 1

Wonderful!Hm, make me think more and more.....but before I can write I should meditate about it and get some sleep.....it's 2:17am here in Switzerland,so everybody good night...see ya later.....!

Goodnight Junko ....... sweet dreams !   :)

dreaming-dog-6.gif

• Like 2

First a human had a lot of hair....and then a human was walking...kept walking on this planet whether windy day or rainy day even when earth was swaying in the earthquake,just kept walking.....then all the hair brown away and result was mankind standing in the middle of high modern building....!

Was that your dream ?

Everything happened very quickly.   You must be a rock.   ( I mean have the perception of a rock ..... along view over time ;

(from 6.00)

• Like 2

That's not what I asked. The universe didn't have a time figure 13.7 million years. That's mans measurement based on relative scales of the concept of time. Prior to man the universe was just a series of ongoing causalities. Gas bumped into gas, got hot, created a ball of denser material-I'm not saying this is how things were created it's just to show the process of causality. When man showed up we lived for a period, we watched night turn to day and the seasons change. We began to relate these things to each other, until we had a complete measure of a relationary concept we called time. Time is just our personal relationship to causal change. If everything was entirely static and our life span was not limited, we were effectively indestructible and we needed neither air, food, or water. Then we could not relate time to anything. We couldn't have a concept of time, we would have no past or present.

That almost sounds like one of our Buddhist friends speaking.

I still suggest that space and time (space/time) came into existence immediately after the Big Bang.  Space/time doesn't need humans.  Neither did the dinosaurs.

But I'm sure the dinosaurs wish that meteor had never hit Earth 65 million years ago.

But yes, time is a measurement created by man.  I doubt any other animal uses the concept of time the way we do but they do use it in their own fashion.

Sure, I'm a cause and effect kind of guy.  If there is an effect there was a cause.

• Like 2

Today, it's 2:07am I am still awake and writing this post.....I myself love to feel how time fly. For example I am standing under the tree and closeing my eyes imaging how 4 seasons passing on the tree.....how time flow on the tree.Saturday late night post.....

Edited by Junko
  • Like 1

That almost sounds like one of our Buddhist friends speaking.

I still suggest that space and time (space/time) came into existence immediately after the Big Bang. Space/time doesn't need humans. Neither did the dinosaurs.

But I'm sure the dinosaurs wish that meteor had never hit Earth 65 million years ago.

But yes, time is a measurement created by man. I doubt any other animal uses the concept of time the way we do but they do use it in their own fashion.

Sure, I'm a cause and effect kind of guy. If there is an effect there was a cause.

Space/time/distance are not in the universe. They are relationships that humans have with the elements contained within the universe. Planets aren't conscious so they can't define relationship. Man measures the universe as so many years old but the universe has no age, it is the universe in which things occur through causality. Humans are aware of the causality but it means nothing to the universe. When you die what happens to your awareness of time/distance/space, that's how the universe is.

Edited by Karl

Today, it's 2:07am I am still awake and writing this post.....I myself love to feel how time fly. For example I am standing under the tree and closeing my eyes imaging how 4 seasons passing on the tree.....how time flow on the tree.Saturday late night post.....          Go to bed  !

..........  I will even sing you a lullaby

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

Today, it's 2:07am I am still awake and writing this post.....I myself love to feel how time fly. For example I am standing under the tree and closeing my eyes imaging how 4 seasons passing on the tree.....how time flow on the tree.Saturday late night post.....

The phenomena of conceptualisation and what it means to be a conscious human being.

• Like 1

Space/time/distance are not in the universe. They are relationships that humans have with the elements contained within the universe. Planets aren't conscious so they can't define relationship. Man measures the universe as so many years old but the universe has no age, it is the universe in which things occur through causality. Humans are aware of the causality but it means nothing to the universe. When you die what happens to your awareness of time/distance/space, that's how the universe is.

I really want to disagree with you but I would be dishonest if I did.  But I will suggest that space/time is the universe, not just something in it.

• Like 1

But I will suggest that space/time is the universe, not just something in it.

:-) It reminds me of a conversation I had with a Catholic Priest when I asked him to point at God.

• Like 1