manitou

Which books sit on your nightstand?

Stephen Apkon's  The Age Of the Image: Redefining Literacy In A World of Screens

also listening to Stephen Apkon talking about The Age of Image.

• Like 1

For a change of pace, check out "what books sit on Bill Gates's nightstand."  The one with the blue cover on top of the stack is noteworthy.   (In case you can't enlarge the picture enough to read its title -- it reads,  How to Lie with Statistics.)

r6fwj9y95pm71.png?width=1024&auto=webp&s=43e035bcd192d3a5d93ee8992b23276e248d9dc5

billgates_htlws.jpg

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 3

I think it was Mark Twain who said there are three types of lies: lies, damn lies, and statistics

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taomeow said:

For a change of pace, check out "what books sit on Bill Gates's nightstand."  The one with the blue cover on top of the stack is noteworthy.   (In case you can't enlarge the picture enough to read its title -- it reads,  How to Lie with Statistics.)

Bill Gates is reading How to Lie with Statistics?  Well, I guess it never hurts to go back and repeat the basics.

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

Bill Gates is reading How to Lie with Statistics?  Well, I guess it never hurts to go back and repeat the basics.

It's common for authors to read other authors who write in their chosen genre and on their chosen subject. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

DNA of the Gods: The Anunnaki Creation of Eve and the Alien Battle for Humanity.