Cameron

Lama Dorje

In his interview Max mentioned that he studied with Yaqui indians. The same source as for Carlos Castaneda..

Has he ever talk about practices he got from them? Or about Carlos's methods like dreaming, stalking, recapitulation etc..??

Edited by KoHsuan

Carlos Castaneda had nothing to do with the Yaqui nation. The Toltec tradition is a hold different kettle of fish.

Don Juan fictional or otherwise was supposedly from the Yaqui nation,The tradtion of sorcery he instructed was not.

After 5 months from learning the method I think Kunlun is a really, really good system but that it should be treated like a practice like any other.

It might be a faster track for some people and the transmission from Max definetly carries it's own unique energy. For me it would be nice to see more down to Earth, mundane results from people doing the practice. Most of the people into it seem to have had really wild experiences but would be nice to start to get some simple, practical feedback. Feedback like after doing Kunlun for awhile I feel much better, I am able to handle my emotions better, I can sit in stillness better or am calmer.

I still feel I am just scratching the surface of the method and am interested in seeing where it will lead after a year of practice. I dropped the Red Phoenix practice for now but can see trying it again in the future. I think just focusing on Kunlun for awhile and some standing until my system feels balanced and the energies in harmony is the way to go.

No idea. I think Mantra says you only need to see Max once. I have done 4 workshops and my guess is I will do more in the future. If nothing else to learn the 2nd and 3rd levels of Red Phoenix when I am ready.

You can learn level 1 of RP at a seminar but not 2 and 3 like with kunlun ?

You have to go back to learn 2 and 3 or are there other options to learn these ?

More towards Mantra: Cameron said its worth it of getting an energywork by Kam i think ? an advanced student or friend of max ? is it possible to also get a 1on1 with him in Europe, is he comming also and whats the price of this session if its available ?

In the 1 on 1 with Max can you also ask him to perform energywork on you (open up channels for example) or does he do so automatically ?

Kind regards !

The workshop is 4 hrs a day over 2 days so there probably isn't time to learn more than what they teach. The way he teaches it now(from the last workshop I did in Sedona) is he teaches Standing, Red Phoenix 1, Kunlun 1, Golden Flower Mudra, Spirit Travel.

Also, there are ways to combine Gold Flower Mudra with kunlun and RP with K1. He might teach those also.

I don't think he is teaching Mao Shan standing anymore as that takes some time going over the different postures. Now he just teaches a simple standing posture with arms at the sides.

I also don't know if the 2nd and 3rd levels of RP are technically necissary. For example, it doesn't sound like Max is going to teach the 2nd and 3rd levels of kunlun. He says they arent necissiary and also most people won't practice K2 because it's too hard.

I had RP2 briefly described to me and it sounds simple but RP1 will probably keep you busy for awhile. Of course your in Europe you probably won't get that many opportunities to learn from Max unless they plan on visiting regulalry. So maybe you can ask him to teach you all the levels of RP up front. But that might limit learning the other practices as it's only a 2 day workshop.

Ok thanx for the info Cameron, kunlun 1 is the most vital indeed but KL2 is also lots of fun and very powerfull so this makes me curious to the 2nd and 3th of RP also :P

But yeh your not alone at a seminar and everyone wonna learn the most important things first so yeh, think its best to yust be patient and see what it brings :)

More towards Mantra: Cameron said its worth it of getting an energywork by Kam i think ? an advanced student or friend of max ? is it possible to also get a 1on1 with him in Europe, is he comming also and whats the price of this session if its available ?
Kan is an advanced student of Max who I believe has achieved Golden Dragon Body now.

I think his healing sessions were something like $70 or $80 per hr or half hr...can't exactly remember which. Maybe Cam or someone else remembers?

Edited by vortex

Kan is an advanced student of Max who I believe has achieved Golden Dragon Body now.

I think his healing sessions were something like $70 or $80 per hr or half hr...can't exactly remember which. Maybe Cam or someone else remembers?

Hey thanx for the info, Golden Dragon Body sounds impressive indeed :)

If I recall correctly, Max said that a couple of his top students were ready for the step but havent quite taken the plunge just yet :)

Max told me in a private a few weeks ago that Kan had recenlty achieved Golden Dragon Body. Max had sent him off to go on a 9 day fast to try to accomplish the Golden Dragon Body and Kan was able to achieve it during the fast.

Edited by portcraig

Congrats to Kan!!

Would be cool to eventually get a clearer understanding of what GDB is, especially now that people are attaining it.

No idea. Sounds like Mantra has been real busy with all the workshops they are doing around the world maybe the website is on the backburner for now.

I am content to just sort of practice for awhile without holding much of an opinion one way or another, but would be nice to here peoples experience that have been at it for awhile.

True, we sometimes forget that stuff. I'm not quite so interested in hearing about other's experiences, but they are cool to read nonetheless! :)

Congrats to Kan!!

Would be cool to eventually get a clearer understanding of what GDB is, especially now that people are attaining it.

I asked Max what happened when Kan achieved GDB and he mentioned that some of things that Kan had reported was that he had dissolved into a field of light and had become every molecule that had ever existed.

I asked Max what happened when Kan achieved GDB and he mentioned that some of things that Kan had reported was that he had dissolved into a field of light and had become every molecule that had ever existed.

This sounds similar to the state of Babaji whose being is said to be of light. With light body are said to come the abilities to materialize at will, shape shift etc., as its all light. Does Kan demonstrate any of this?

I have a some related questions as well:

- Is Kan also enlightened 'spiritually'? I know different people have different interpretations but may be what I understand as enlightenment is the Advaitic way, which Shankara and Ramana taught.

- If not, then is GDB a physical attainment only? Hindu Siddhas prescribe the path of kAyA kalpa where a 'vajra sharia' or Diamond body can be attained by yogic mudras, herbs, mantras and control of breath. This provides healthy, somewhat immortal state to give time to the practitioner to work towards enlightenment, which would require time and efforts as Karmas need to be absolved. Is the concept of GDB similar to this?

- Finally, would it be right to say that Kan is now 'Immortal' in the Taoist sense?

Edited by SiliconValley

SiliconValley,

I don't think it's been unpacked for us. I've heard that it allows one to leave and return to the physical plane at will, but that can mean lots of different things. It's supposed to be similar to the Buddhist Rainbow body attainment. I think it's deliberately left a bit vague to avoid flame wars. My Swami says that the most simple and easily assessable definition of enlightenment is the ability to stop one's heart and pop in on the non-physical realm at will. Maybe that's what's being referred to? In any case, it sounds like it allows the practitioner to skip the whole pain in the ass 'dying' thing, so that's certainly a plus. :lol:

Re: Kunlun forum, I've got a notion that it'll happen whenever we get our webmaster sobered up!!! :lol:

I doubt that moving to Costa Rica will get him back on the wagon, but stranger things have happened.

Yoda

Max told me that once you reach Golden Dragon Body, you chose if you want to remain here. If you decide you want to remain then you can either live like a monk or you can teach. There are also different levels of Golden Dragon Body. You'll have to ask Max if you want anymore information because that is all I was told. I think it is a state that is hard to describe.

Yeah I did a 9 day fast as well -- an energy feast -- and got to immortal breathing described in Taoist Yoga. Basically you transcend death (as most would die from 9 days with only half glass of water). After that I was so detached from physical reality that I destroyed a 500 page journal of mine and threw away my Yan Xin meditation tape. haha. No regrets -- it's just a very REAL obtainment. You see dead spirits, you have real healing powers, you have telepathy, telekinesis and precognition, etc.

More importantly your energy is so purified that the mundane world seems totally evil. I broke my fast with some home made soup sold at a friend's restaurant. She had put salt in it -- tasted like death! haha.

it's just a very REAL obtainment. You see dead spirits, you have real healing powers, you have telepathy, telekinesis and precognition, etc.

That sounds pretty crazy! What did you use your powers for? Did you do some healing? Who's mind did you read? Did you do anything like build a stonehenge with your telekinesis?

Yeah, Kan is in a pretty amazing state right now. He is an incredible guy as many of you who've met him already know. To go from an undefeated fighter in Japan to the big teddy bear he is now in only three years is awesome.

Golden Phoenix (Tao Bum handle) has also recently attained it, but for females it is called Gold Phoenix body.

I think some others are on the doorstep...

The forum is in motion I am working with Sean to get it built, so it should be done soon.

It will be open to those who have studied with Max in person. Most are considered outdoor students but still many secret practices will be discussed in detail.

Max will be online at different times, but the majority of the discussion will be between those who are experiencing the different results of the practices.

The purpose of the forum will be as a resource for students. As you know this stuff is powerful and the effects can be quite intense and subsequent physical changes difficult to go through. While it is tradition to leave the student to figure it all out themselves, we are going to try to do the opposite and give people the feedback and suggestions they need to allow them the chance of completing the process.

Chris,

Thanks for the update, I'm stoked!!

Michael,

I think 'outdoor' is a Chinese reference to a student who meets with the teacher every so often like in the Kunlun classes and not a one-on-one long time student-master type of a relationship. I'd imagine that indoor refers to hanging out in the master's home kind of a thing.

I'd imagine we'll be having some taobum Golden Dragons and Phoenix's flying around here in the not too distant future. You, Cam, and Vortex come to mind, and I bet there are several more hanging out here too who are hot on the path.

Yoda