Cameron

Lama Dorje

I'm not confident in these abilities in any way at this point but I'm beginning to realize and understand them. I hope once this is developed I will be able to help others.

go on my diet and pop his cherry ;)

Edited by witch

My last serious endeavor into spiritual practice was the AYP system, which I practiced daily for over a year. As a result I had some interesting and powerful experiences, similar to what the Kunlun practitioners describe. The wealth of my spiritual cultivation knowledge comes from the AYP system, my experiences with it, and my intellectual study of yoga. I believe that one valid spiritual system has more or less the same effects as another, in other words its the same process, just approached in a different manner.

In AYP and yoga the goal is to achieve emptiness and bliss and eventually combine/merge these energies. From reading this discussion it seems like Kunlun aims to achieve the same thing. Yogani says that this combination is enlightenment, I'm not so sure.

I quit AYP around the beginning of 2007 and have since not been getting back into it. Recently I began practicing the stage 1 Kunlun practice which has induced similar experiences to those of the meditative practices of AYP. Specifically: involuntary movment, shaking of the body, and tingling sensations all over my body, although these, particularly the movement, is more pronounced with Kunlun practice. I have only been doing Kunlun from the book for 5 days and have not attended any seminars or had any kind of transmission.

In the wrap up part with the hands at the dan-tien I have some sensation of energy...what I perceive as a ball floating half on and half in water...around the dan-tien area.

I generally feel more cheerful since starting Kunlun, but it could be from a number of things as things are going well for me.

There may be some dangers to the practice of Kunlun, but one should be able to overcome these with careful self observation and by applying the self-pacing approach advocated on the AYP website. (applying common sense will help too) It will take more practice to be able to give a true assessment of the Kunlun practice, but for now it seems to be worthy of pursuit.

witch i'm a living testament that your diet works, i'd be crazy if i didn't believe you at this point.

Turbo,

Cool post. It seems that there was a pod of us doing the same thing following the AYP technique for a bit over a year. I, too, really enjoyed what I learned there and intend to keep the basic practice and pacing guidelines in mind... a great articulation.

Yoda

witch i'm a living testament that your diet works, i'd be crazy if i didn't believe you at this point.

Thank you for that. People don't generally believe me, at least until they try it.

And thank you, Yoda, for the amazon thing!

But I don't want to veer the thread! I was just mentioning it as an aside.

One thing I am very rarely called is a tease! :lol:

One hint, to serve dual purpose (because three weeks is way too long without ejaculating for a seventeen-year-old on my diet)

lilithserp.jpg

And thank you, Yoda, for the amazon thing!

Anytime... You always poo-poo me, but I just gave your book a surprise inspection and it's #4,000 in sales of all the books on the planet. Way cool!! Your next book will have to cover more esoteric territory and let us in on the secret stuff.

Hi Cat,

Since I haven't had transmissions from anyone else, I can't compare. I've been told this practice is different because of the type of energy that is used. It's not qi (chi). It's a magnetic energy. I've learned to cultivate it to the point where I can now use the excess energy I create to help other people clear blocks and and open channels. I'm still learning how to use this. My dormant "abilities" are becoming more obvious. I'm not confident in these abilities in any way at this point but I'm beginning to realize and understand them. I hope once this is developed I will be able to help others.

I am now able to tap into the knowledge that, I guess, has been dormant with me. Knowledge from ancient times, even. I sometimes see images and scenes from the past. I know how to do things that I have not been taught in this lifetime. It's really hard to elaborate on some of this because it sounds really out there. If I had not experienced this myself I would absolutely be skeptical.

I am a journalist by trade and it's imperative, in my work, that I present things in a true and balanced manner. By sharing these experiences, I know I'm opening myself up to skepticism and ridicule and that's very hard for me. I've worked for more than a decade to earn credibility in my work and would like it in my personal life as well. I promise I am being honest.

I'm not trying to recruit people to do this practice. It's not for everybody. If it's right for you, you will feel it. If it's not, please don't judge others who are trying to share. I only know it has made a huge difference in my life.

I appreciate your honesty, luckely for you this is the taobums and not cyberkwoon (good forum but regarding energywork and spirituality its not exactly the most open place to be) :)

Yust read your post in the welcome forum, pretty impressive you found the location of your dog's problem .. even moreso that you managed to heal her. Also the fish got back well ??

Cu all later :)

edit: found the answer to my questions in lobby so changed abit.

Edited by minkus

Cat,

AYP takes the best of the yoga system and organizes it meticulously. Yogani is an engineer by trade and it *really* shows. It is amazing and I've never seen anything like it to compare it to. The level of organization is a breath of fresh air. Previous to that, my practices were like flying a kite in an electrical storm and hoping for the best.

But it is only one sliver of the pie... mantra yoga and kriya yoga, and just one mantra at that.

I savored AYP for over a year as a way to chill out, but it didn't provide the level of personal progress that I desire. For many, it is all they need, but I need a stronger brew.

Still, I will *always* keep in mind the practice guidelines of self pacing, grounding, combining practices, the relationship between emptiness and energy practices, etc. Extremely helpful stuff. Also the forum is a good resource but they aren't as fun as us bums. :)

Yours,

Yoda

the relationship between emptiness and energy practices,
There was that saying that popped up here quite some while ago...
If you want to deepen your energy practices, do Zen.

If you want to deepen your Zen, do energy practices.

- or something like that. I like it. :)

Why does hanging out on taobums these days give me the distinct impression that the world will be ruled by women in short order???

To Dakini: do you do any other form or practice ? im mainly aiming at the healing part. I read about the tibetan burning palm training on the red phoenix website yust to give a random example, you practice any of these in addition to kunlun ?

Hi Turbo. thanks for your post and I hope you'll keep filling us in on how kunlun is going for you. I'm wondering what brought about you stopping AYP?

Also, same question for you Yoda.

I quit doing AYP because I started to wonder about the differences between yogic and buddhist enlightenment. The more I looked around the less good information I could find. I had read that the Buddha had tried all schools of spirituality that had come before to achieve enlightenment. Thus, he must have tried yoga. Therefore I assumed that yogic techniques would not take me all the way to full enlightenment. Which is the goal, right?

So at the beginning of this year I returned to the practice of annapana and vipassana, which I had practiced before. However, the buddhist meditation did not have the same "hook". The AYP meditation made be feel great and I had some profound experiences practicing it. I was no longer getting this, so I lost interest and quit meditating, became more social, drank more beer (mmm), and quit worrying about my eventual enlightenment.

In the last few months I've tried to get back into the AYP stuff with little success...dunno why, its just not sticking like it used to. It used to seem pretty effortless, now it seems like a lot of work.

Kunlun seems very interesting to me, as I am having sensations and experiences that took a long time to experience with AYP. So it possibly is the "shortest path to re-enlighenment" as is claimed. Which would be great, then I could get enlightened, stop meditating, and get back to drinking beer (mmm) even faster. B)

I caught a glimpse of a post in which you mentioned you are giving regular foot massages. You are ensuring a high position for yourself in such a world!

Phew!! At least I can be a lieutenant.

As a child, we'd listen to a kid's album in America called "Free to be you and me" on the album (but not in the movie) there was a section on "girl land" where there were no boys. It wasn't intended to be spooky, but I felt very uncomfortable listening to that part...

If you wouldn't mind putting in a good word for me after the revolution, I'd appreciate it! :)

Kunlun seems very interesting to me, as I am having sensations and experiences that took a long time to experience with AYP. So it possibly is the "shortest path to re-enlighenment" as is claimed. Which would be great, then I could get enlightened, stop meditating, and get back to drinking beer (mmm) even faster.

I dig your style and I like your reasoning. I think you've captured why we're having a Big Max attack around here.

that's probably the reason why people in the east look at people in the west like they do. wish for rewards without doing the work.

Just want to say one little thing..

If there is an energetic shift I don't think that mean woman will have all the power. That is jsut another egotistical projection.

More like the inner male and female in all of us will be more balanced.

Then..out of balance probably more woman would get more respect or love or whatever you want to call it. Because the feminine was repressed for so long in all of us.

Anyway.

Ahh...ps..also..you have to repeat these basic things over and voer since people are so trapped in there ego's.

We all have the male and female principle. Man this is supposed to be a Taoist discussion and 90 percent of you get caught in the "I am a man" or "I am a woman" duality trip.

What a joke.

Hopefully we can all laugh about this together at some point.

Edited by Cameron

that's probably the reason why people in the east look at people in the west like they do. wish for rewards without doing the work.

Um,....this is a practice from the East, so they started it dude.