SonOfTheGods

The "Official" Mo Pai & "Things You Might Not Know About Real Mo Pai" Thread

How would anyone know then?

because they explain simple things that will help other practitioners in their goals, and when other practitioners reach those stages and gain confirmation of the method, there can be confidence in the method. just by practicing the fundamentals, one develops the foundation upon which other practices build - everything flows forth from the fundamentals, just as good diligent training in a martial art, one can see the forms pop out when it comes time for the techniques to be utilized. I had no idea what to do with the niwan before it spontaneously lit up in meditation - it is why I likened deeper aspects to peering through the keyhole to one's parents bedroom when they were a toddler, and thinking, yeah, bouncing around on the bed looks like fun, I should go jump on my bed too :lol:

if one cant see or bring himself to believe in the efficacy of the fundamentals, where is the basis to understand deeper aspects? they come with certain "maturities"

when I discovered qigong I went straight to the most advanced stuff I could find and got halfway through it before I realized there was a whole lot more to the puzzle and I had better go back to the beginning.

I'm sure master Wang and JC were shown plenty of fundamental things first, and were not given powerful methods they could not handle until they had mastered fundamentals.

just as rome wasnt built in a day, neither is gung or wisdom.

thankfully, fundamental things are simple and easy to understand (or at least I thought they were...but then again, I've tried explaining how to attach a photo to an email to my mom before...and you discover where there is no impetus to learn it....the deeper aspects are automatically out :lol: )

• Like 4

They do say that there's a 'discernment'.

Along the lines of...

" When the student is ready, a teacher appears."

I tend to agree with that transaction.

A seeker intuits when s/he has found the right teacher and the teacher soon enough knows if the student will make it.

The MoPai lads who post on here can never have that whereas the proper MoPai out in Java can.

Again I cant say as to the fate of any practitioner.

John said that he had a dream of kosta months before he came.

A master may be able to look into the future or past.

It depends on the laws of the lineage in some cases.

Wang Li Peng's teachers used taoist scrying methods and astrological alignments to find their next heir.

John's friend that referred him to master Liao wasnt considered a real student even though his parents saved Master Liao's life.

But Master Liao saw something special in john.

• Like 1

also, like the buddha said, dont trust anything I have said simply because I have said it. verify all of this with your own intuition and acumen. some things dont make a ton of sense until they are cultivated, but the simple things that lead there should make simple sense.

descriptions simple, yet not too simple, lest they lose their potency. (this is where incomplete and abridged notes can screw a practitioner that believes them to be complete...)

• Like 1

But that's just it. I'm not a master. The problem is that people at my level are claiming to be masters. They are either lying and pretending to have power or they are deluding themselves into thinking that they have power.

How do you know they're at your level?

Not wishing to put words into Ken's mouth, I think he is on record as saying "There are only 10 people on Earth who have achieved something more. Pretty much everyone else is going nowhere". Therefore, I can see from Ken's perspective no-one on this forum will effect his mindset as they are not within that 10. Likewise, from Ken's perspective, I can see why he is so devoted to the MoPai path, because he is so certain that is the only valid path. If I also believed that - I don't - I am sure I would prefer to feast on the few crumbs that fall off the MoPai table.

• Like 1

If you read the Magus of Java yourself you can see that what most of the people have repeated here over the years is at best selective reading. A cursory glance at the book I found that Chang says that all souls end up going up to God eventually and when that happens nobody knows what will happen, the immortality Mo Pai promises only lasts a select number of years (in John Chang's masters case 15 years) and after that they don't know what happens, the period after death is just extra time to work off karma. So in reality all paths go exactly the same place as Mo Pai, up to God, which is why Chang remains a Christian despite his power.

• Like 3

"There are only 10 people ...

another one directly attributable to MPG, like much of what else "comes from ken"....its like people forget how long he was a member and how many of us read the things he wrote before he was shown the door...

• Like 2

Not wishing to put words into Ken's mouth, I think he is on record as saying "There are only 10 people on Earth who have achieved something more. Pretty much everyone else is going nowhere". Therefore, I can see from Ken's perspective no-one on this forum will effect his mindset as they are not within that 10. Likewise, from Ken's perspective, I can see why he is so devoted to the MoPai path, because he is so certain that is the only valid path. If I also believed that - I don't - I am sure I would prefer to feast on the few crumbs that fall off the MoPai table.

Oh, that's right, because John Chang said he 'sensed' there were something like ten people of HIS LEVEL in China. That doesn't say anything about the rest of the world, nor does it mean everyone else on Earth is at Ken's level. Really, it doesn't mean anything. It means JC had a feeling.

And since MPG (Ken by proxy) reads Magus of Java like a fanatic Christian reads the bible, they take it as the absolute whole truth.

Like Jetsun said, that book is being misused. The author had a clear agenda, and it was definitely NOT to teach people about energy cultivation.

Edited by Green Tiger
  • Like 2

It is not possible to be separated from Source.

yes, it comes separated - in the original packaging, there is separation.

But inevitably separation is rejoined - therein lies the ecstasy

hungry-man_popcorn_chicken_01.JPG

How do you know they're at your level?

Most are blantly obvious (e.g. Max). Some are borderline but even if they are alightly above my level, it doesn't mean much unless they can demonstrate extremely high level abilities. otherwise their systems probably don't lead anywhere meaningful. Chunyi Lin is a good example. I believe he is an honest and real individual but he isn't very far above my level based on his demonstrations. I am looking for a master that has something REAL and POWERFUL to teach. Something that will take me to a whole new level of being and allow me to break free from death and rebirth.

• Like 1

Chunyi Lin is a good example. I believe he is an honest and real individual but he isn't very far above my level based on his demonstrations.

Really?? He's not very far above your level? Really? If so you've advanced extraordinarily far in the single year you've practiced. Or your learning is so internet based you have no real life experience with people like Chunyi Lin.

I think it'd do you good to empty your cup and visit with some experienced teachers. Not the 'only 10 in the world', but people with good reputations, from solid schools, who have decades of practice. I think you'll find your not close to Chunyi Lin's level at all and that you have a lot to learn. As do we all, but a good first step is knowing where you're at along the journey.

Before seeking a wizard to teach you immortality, just joining a local meditation group might be eye opening for you.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 6

In comparison to John Chang I'd say that Chunyi Lin is near my level. Even if that means that he is quivelant to a Mo Pai level 1. In comparison to an immortal he is still near the level of people that have completely undeveloped spirits.

• Like 1

In comparison to John Chang I'd say that Chunyi Lin is near my level. Even if that means that he is quivelant to a Mo Pai level 1. In comparison to an immortal he is still near the level of people that have completely undeveloped spirits.

ahh, so how long you reckon til you've advanced beyond 'Chunyi' level?

his kinda 'month in a cave with no food or water' level stuff?

I'd add- the greats, the near greats and even the very goods are all very focused people. They don't post a whole lot on forums or whatever the equivalent of that was in there time; probably pointless arguments with strangers. They practiced daily, probably obsessively, and often (I expect) under the watchful eye of of a series of excellent teachers.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

Hmmm....

The question I ask is "Can you afford not to get better?"

The advantages of keeping to a practice and having a teacher is that you get better....

To the serious practitioner that is a very real question.

Did you stick with a practice to get good?

Internal alchemy is all about the center. Staying rooted centered clear minded pure of heart as you build and refine the center. As it condenses grows and spins. This center is alive and all of the sensations that happens with it comes and go.

The only emotions and issues that affect you are ones dealing with the center.

Staying centered is what matters

Edited by JinlianPai

ahh, so how long you reckon til you've advanced beyond 'Chunyi' level?

his kinda 'month in a cave with no food or water' level stuff?

I'd add- the greats, the near greats and even the very goods are all very focused people. They don't post a whole lot on forums or whatever the equivalent of that was in there time; probably pointless arguments with strangers. They practiced daily, probably obsessively, and often (I expect) under the watchful eye of of a series of excellent teachers.

Fasting does develop the spirit. Meditation in a cave without certain techniques and concentration is just meditation and isn't developing the spirit. Chunyi Lin may practice everyday but he has probably reached the highest level of his system.

I could always be wrong. Chunyi Lin may be some high level immortal with secret knowledge of neigong that mascarades as a low level qigong teacher, but unless he demonstrates such then how am I to know? All I have to by is what he has demonstrated. Based on what he has demonstrated he is a low level qigong master. He may also be a master of medutation but if he doesn't train with proper neigong techniques then he isn't getting anywhere in terms of high level spiritual development.

Hi Ken,

If you are serious about...

" Something that will take me to a whole new level of being and allow me to break free from death and rebirth. "

.... You could maybe do worse than check out Pure Land ( PL) Buddhism.

They major in that whole ' breaking free from death and rebirth' stuff.

PL has historical and lineaged 'legs' plus it's a pretty simple cultivation.

PL Resources list here and you can find some nice YouTubes about it via Google...

http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=4317

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 3

I remember being underneath the twin towers years ago, and they were so tall, that you had NO IDEA how much taller they were than the other buildings just by standing right underneath them. :lol: lmfao indeed

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 1

Wow, you guys are all still trying to convert Ken to another path, instead of letting him enjoy what he does, and just ignoring his comments if you disagree with them...

• Like 3

Well, it's a public forum and his words don't reflect those of someone just trying to enjoy his path,

He's publicly pissing on pretty much everyone he comes in contact with who offers anything other than complete obedience to his self claimed mastery...

action-reaction it's pretty predictable and natural

• Like 3

Wow, you guys are all still trying to convert Ken to another path, instead of letting him enjoy what he does, and just ignoring his comments if you disagree with them...

no bka, at this point we're kinda just pointing and laughing when he inserts his foot into his mouth. we already accept he's a born again church of mpg zealot, blind to all but jim and kosta's scribblings as has been highlighted for him.

the way he talks about many a master is just entertainment for the reader at this point. if he had a real master he would have been beaten into submission or tossed into the street while these things were but a tiny bud.

• Like 3

I find the analogy of looking up at skyscrapers and judging their height to be near perfect.

Perspective is perception is reality... relatively speaking