SonOfTheGods

The "Official" Mo Pai & "Things You Might Not Know About Real Mo Pai" Thread

"...it's just a rather mindless spouting of opinions based on preconceived notions or worse, outright projection and this undermines any credibility from said source, rendering it, in my perception, invalid and useless."

Twitter could adopt that as its motto.

:)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 3

, dabblers who think they are expedienced masters but in reality have nothing worthwhile to offer.

Are you an expedienced master ken ?
  1. Expedient ; (of an action) convenient and practical although possibly improper or immoral.
    convenient, advantageous, in one's own interests, to one's own advantage, useful, of use, of service, beneficial, of benefit, profitable,gainful, effective, helpful; More
    • a means of attaining an end, especially one that is convenient but possibly improper or immoral.

To make any assessment or statement of worth about a topic or idea... one must be a qualified observer.

Otherwise, it's just a rather mindless spouting of opinions based on preconceived notions or worse, outright projection and this undermines any credibility from said source, rendering it, in my perception, invalid and useless.

WHAAAT ? ? ?

On an internet chat forum ????

NOOOOOOO !

:D

• Like 2

I know!

That one had me reaching for the smelling salts.

Great motto though.

Edited by GrandmasterP

I have to admit to being a self confessed dabbler :P, and, I must say I have no idea if Ken's 'hard headed' approach is a pro or a con, or someplace inbetween. Maybe it would befit the thread to get back to discussing MoPai and the things we may not know about it, rather than focusing upon it's western students. I think 20-30 or so pages back we had a few posts from one of the eastern students; I for one would welcome reading his input.

Edited by aboo

I know!

That one had me reaching for the smelling salts.

Great motto though.

I have been threatened by mods on another forum that I will be banned.

Crime; trying to make sense and ask for the logical reasoning, reasonable other statements, logic, or observations in nature, science or philosophy other than a rather mindless spouting of opinions based on preconceived notions or worse, outright projection and this undermines any credibility from said source, rendering it, in my perception, invalid and useless. (In less direct language.

Only to be met with "how dare you" ... why are you attacking people.

I posted about how a discussion can go and should go to get to the truth of the matter at hand. Stated what I wasnt doing was attacking people. people should be able to accept criticism of their ideas and reply to defend , outline, or explain them in context, etc etc, dont take it personal. And quoted some stuff from Plato's Gorgias.

Apparently there was flotilla of complaints about that and many people felt I insulted them. And I got warned to back off.

The internet :rolleyes:

I dont feel anything like that would happen here to me though.

It is often a place of a much more 'intellectual' response

sometimes ... :D

Edited by Nungali

Thing is the message from the real MoPai can be summed up as...

" Feck off and leave us alone."

MoPai is closed to westerners.

End of.

Nobody either on here or Space Cadet Panda has the first clue about what the Javanese MoPai get up to and the Javanese MoPai aint gonna tell either them nor us.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

Who could blame them after this demonstration from their 'supporters'.

Probably the VERY reason it IS closed off to westerners in the first place.

• Like 1

Do we have a full explanation, the whys and whatnots, of how some westerners were taught and why it all stopped and the story behind it?

I'll be honest. I'm pretty much fed up with responding to some of you. Every time I come back to check this thread there are 4 or 5 new posts to reply to. That said I'm going to stop posting on this thread for the mos part. Maybe a post here and there if I really feel the urge to reply. Other than that I'm just really wasting my time. I've been becoming quite busy lately with work and several other things.

Edited by KenBrace
  • Like 2

~~~ ADMIN CLOSES HIS EYES... AND THE WORDS COMETH...

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep,
If I shall die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take. Amen.

~~~ ADMIN OPENS HIS EYES... AND THE THREAD GOETH...

• Like 4