SonOfTheGods

The "Official" Mo Pai & "Things You Might Not Know About Real Mo Pai" Thread

If you guys like the mopai stuff then you might like wuxiaedge.com

Its pretty cool for entertainment. I dont even watch regular tv anymore lol

pic029.gif

Edited by JinlianPai

This thread already lost it's original purpose... Now it's just people bashing at each other. Best to close it if you ask me, there's no reason for it to keep going. Those of us that are MPG's friends and/or are interested in MoPai have already explained our standpoint. We practice what we find is an interesting and valid system. There's no reason we should change our opinion because some people here are hell-bent against it. Practice your system, enjoy your practice, and we'll do the same. I mean no offense to anyone, but this is getting ridiculous.

Edited by LeoViridis
  • Like 4

explained, heh...

notes are abridged and incomplete - "no they arent"

explicit lineage ban - "so?"

in a system where people had trouble getting to stages even with a master present - "we dont need no stinkin master"

and if you have a problem which requires a master, what then? yangey yangey yangey unbalancey...

pardon if it looks like a recipe for disaster, but "explained" has only been "we dont recognize the validity of the potential issues yall have raised."

This thread already lost it's original purpose... Now it's just people bashing at each other. Best to close it if you ask me, there's no reason for it to keep going. Those of us that are MPG's friends and/or are interested in MoPai have already explained our standpoint. We practice what we find is an interesting and valid system. There's no reason we should change our opinion because some people here are hell-bent against it. Practice your system, enjoy your practice, and we'll do the same. I mean no offense to anyone, but this is getting ridiculous.

..........................................>

Good call.

Closing this thread.

It's like those Whack A Mole games at the fairground though is MoPai.

Another thread about MoPai will pop right up.

Those MoPai lads do so enjoy picking at their scabs.

And like picked scabs, they never get any better.

:)

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 1

We have tried to keep one Mo Pai thread not in the pit so anyone new can come see what the deal is without starting the cycle all over again. This is probably the best Mo Pai thread in the history of the forum which says it all really, so this one stays for now.

• Like 4

explained, heh...

notes are abridged and incomplete - "no they arent"

explicit lineage ban - "so?"

in a system where people had trouble getting to stages even with a master present - "we dont need no stinkin master"

and if you have a problem which requires a master, what then? yangey yangey yangey unbalancey...

pardon if it looks like a recipe for disaster, but "explained" has only been "we dont recognize the validity of the potential issues yall have raised."

Better to have no master than a deluded, make-believe, ignorant, level zero master.

• Like 1

There are three-too-many women in that image.

The anonymous MPG groupies from TTB.

• Like 1

The anonymous MPG groupies from TTB.

Name names you teaser.

There are single lads on here who might want to PM those bonny lasses.

My call... Left to right of those lasses in the front ( not the one in between that cat and ZOOM because that's Mrs GMP)

L-to-R the anonymous lasses are...

1: BKA

2: Manitou

3: Rene

Edited by GrandmasterP

Better to have no master than a deluded, make-believe, ignorant, level zero master.

this, child, is why you are on ignore.

better to study, master fundamentals, and proceed putting in the work - as opposed to thinking a half baked set of notes or two is going to let you start newspaper fires, hell with the fundamentals.

so do you think you are insulting me, or do you think you are insulting max there? I have no master and you're the one regurgitating quote after quote from your unbalanced guru.

a deluded, make-believe, ignorant, level zero master.

That sounds like a self-description, Ken.

How's your meditation going? Filled your dan tien yet?

• Like 2

That sounds like a self-description, Ken.

How's your meditation going? Filled your dan tien yet?

But that's just it. I'm not a master. The problem is that people at my level are claiming to be masters. They are either lying and pretending to have power or they are deluding themselves into thinking that they have power. Edited by KenBrace
  • Like 1

Fact is Ken for the likes of anyone west of Java with MoPai there's no teachers, no dojos nor much at all beyond SoTGs useful website plus Jim n Kosta's elderly ( nowadays) books and some shonky old footage on YouTube.

Beyond that there's a handful of you lads posting about MoPai online.

It doesn't add up to much compared to paths with accredited teachers, lineages and dojos or centres where people can get together to learn and practice with coaching and mentoring from recognised and non-contentiously qualified teachers.

Seems to me that you MoPai lads have made a bit of a rod for your own backs really.

You can't 'know' for sure that anything you do have is kosher but you do know for sure that whatever it is that you do have - you have contrary to the wishes of the ( closed to westerners) MoPai lineage.

I've said before... Whatever floats anybody's boat that's what floats their boat... But for anybody wanting to learn and progress internally or with an external form then most everywhere BUT MoPai offers those opportunities.

Edited by GrandmasterP
  • Like 2

Masters real masters are very low key.

John's teacher didnt go around telling people how powerful he was. John didnt even know himself until years after being accepted as a student.

Its hard to gauge from the outside. Mainly because those attainments are spiritual in nature.

It is my contention that those who talk about it dont have it and those who do not talk about it just might have it.

Edited by JinlianPai
  • Like 1

Masters real masters are very low key.

John's teacher didnt go around telling people how powerful he was. John didnt even know himself until years after being accepted as a student.

Its hard to gauge from the outside. Mainly because those attainments are spiritual in nature.

It is my contention that those who talk about it dont have it and those who do not talk about it just might have it.

How would anyone know then?

How would anyone know then?

I cant say.

To be honest look at it like this.

In the book "Opening the Dragongate" Wang Li Peng as a boy could see spirits and energy but when the 3 masters came to the door he had no idea how powerful they were.

So if John and Wang didnt know at first how is any else really going to know.

The only thing that you can take from both stories on this point is that there was something more something on a spiritual level that made them follow their teachers.

Outside a master revealing himself how can any of us know?

• Like 2

They do say that there's a 'discernment'.

Along the lines of...

" When the student is ready, a teacher appears."

I tend to agree with that transaction.

A seeker intuits when s/he has found the right teacher and the teacher soon enough knows if the student will make it.

The MoPai lads who post on here can never have that whereas the proper MoPai out in Java can.

Edited by GrandmasterP