SriChi

Why end rebirth?

If someone instead walked up to me and said that they've found a way to reincarnate forever and suffer endlessly, I would take that

If given the chance, I would become the planet. All the cells in our bodies are constantly renewed and replaced with what we eat. Our skin cells turn into dust and different organisms and stuff eat them. What was me yesterday would become a bug tomorrow and after a week, it would become a bird. Something would eat that bird and I will become that, preferably a kitty.

That will go on and on and will be totally awesome!

If someone instead walked up to me and said that they've found a way to reincarnate forever and suffer endlessly, I would take that

If given the chance, I would become the planet. All the cells in our bodies are constantly renewed and replaced with what we eat. Our skin cells turn into dust and different organisms and stuff eat them. What was me yesterday would become a bug tomorrow and after a week, it would become a bird. Something would eat that bird and I will become that, preferably a kitty.

Its already been this way. Its just that most people have not the vision to see this wide, being so immersed sense-wise in a self-existent self, slave to habits.

• Like 2

Haha, you know the answer to that one.

It is only suffering if you resist the experience you are having. I have absolutely no clue about the Buddhist saying: "All of life is suffering"

Dude Buddha must've been having a bad trip that day :/

• Like 1

1>Well that explains it then. I must have been literally Hitler or Genghis Khan in my past life, because people in general feel absolutely alien to me, almost nothing in this society/world resonates with my soul.

2>I see so much ****ing potential, we could literally be as Gods if we wanted it, not in 1000 years but right NOW.

3>Seriously, I don't get humans at all.

4>What happens to those that believe they don't know?

Answ. 1> Nah, you've got a good soul and care about people.

2> Personally I don't think we can gods, not here, not now. Thats like thinking we can have a billion billion dollars. Desire for something that imo is not possible is not the road to happiness. No flying, no billion or millions; good news- we don't need it. We have planes and credit cards. More importantly friends, family and tbs.

3>The secret is: they're not you. They have other wants, needs and interests. Once you find out about those, they're pretty simple to figure out.

4>Robert Moss didn't say, but who cares? We're not Moss'ians. In truth none of us 'Know', some assume with greater confidence then others. Moss assumes death will echo his deeper dream work moments, maybe, maybe not.

I know one thing. We have here and now. And you my friend are singing the blues. If you want to snap out of it, find a way, work on it. Here's what I'd recommend.

Take a news fast. We all need to every now and then. Note, that might include this site. Often the news is a concentration of everything bad in the world. The world won't end and it'll be like a shower for your soul.

Focus on the Good happening around you. This will take some conscious practice. There's a child playing, a piece of nature, a blue sky, bright sun, a needed rain, your own health, the wonder of your incredible eyes.. Its out there, always. Learn to see it.

Stop with judgements. For others and yourself. Its so ingrained its hard to stop, but Its major source for depression.

What was me yesterday would become a bug tomorrow and after a week, it would become a bird. Something would eat that bird and I will become that, preferably a kitty.

vhqtkitn.jpg

• Like 1

There is a saying: "Water finds its own level." I think where we go to in our after life is simply based on what particular way are energy body is vibrating when we die. Dont't think there is likely any judgement about it.

But that's just me guessing. :)

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

That's a toughie, what if we are supposed to learn something more still? Or maybe help some more folks out that we hadn't gotten to this time around?

Some say we choose how our life is going to go, so we get out of it what we need to.

I think of ending rebirth like going to heaven and being able to remain there, rather than going there for a moment and having all memories wiped from you and sent back to earth to try again.

I think of ending rebirth like going to heaven and being able to remain there, rather than going there for a moment and having all memories wiped from you and sent back to earth to try again.

sounds like you been there before. :)

how else could you postulate such a thought.

going to heaven?

what goes to heaven? Death? :P

be careful what you watch on TV. and read on wikipedia. too.

• Like 1

Actually I've been reading up on assorted hidden esoteric traditions of the Western world and according to these, something does go to heaven -- the Milky Way is called "the road of the souls" and is thought of as a kind of interdimensional highway comprised of billions of souls en route to their transit points and destinations. "Death" is also a real entity, introduced by the god of Saturn (aka Satan), and the souls that have degraded badly take a turn toward this destination, which is not a final stop either, since it's the "door into chaos" and from there, into "inner chaos" that still might harbor a chance for rebirth if and when elsewhere in the cosmos conditions become favorable for those souls in deep lifeless nothingness. Might take a while though, whereas the ones that take the road toward other destinations have much more interesting experiences in heaven. Many wind up back on Earth, after a few adventures. Others blaze some other routes... e.g., currently quite a few enter the inner realm of Jupiter via one of its moons -- there's cosmic work to do and incarnating or not is part of what you are qualified to work on. Non-incarnation of a qualified soul, which eventually turns you into the light of the sun and merges you with its seven spirits, is not the end of the story either, because the sun (the outcome of the majority of souls on a given planet having undergone the transformation, and the rest having been expelled to start over) will then eject a planetary system similar to ours, becoming the womb of a new life-bearing world. You wind up either on an inhabited planet of such a world or stay with the sun, depending on a bunch of factors. The visible (yang) sun is only a reflection of the real sun of a world though, which is invisible, much like the real human is invisible. And so on. It gets interesting...

Taomeow , anything you would reccomend to read from the stuff you mentioned you are reading about (sorry about grammar ) ?

"The Secret History of the World" by Mark Booth is the one I'm reading right now, and it's got some worthy information, though it is more of an appetizer than a main dish... Concurrently I'm reading a book I chanced upon at a used books store, a 19th century Rosicrucian astrology (more like astro-theology), and the two may have blended together somewhat in my mind... but I'll recommend that other one if I find it worthy (and if you can find it), I've just started this one and don't know yet.

basically you are asking

why do you wanna wake up from a dream

Is it a dream? Or is it all we have?

Do we want to get off the ride, if it means a total off switch.

"Dumb, then, for the merely not-yet-dead of us

to love the thing that kills us. But I do.

So beautiful, so various, so new.

Some times I want to bang their heads on the Universe and scream,

'It's beautiful, you balmy bastards! THIS IS NOT A DREAM.' "

---- George Starbuck, "The Universe is Closed and Has REMs"

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 1

"The Secret History of the World" by Mark Booth is the one I'm reading right now, and it's got some worthy information, though it is more of an appetizer than a main dish... Concurrently I'm reading a book I chanced upon at a used books store, a 19th century Rosicrucian astrology (more like astro-theology), and the two may have blended together somewhat in my mind... but I'll recommend that other one if I find it worthy (and if you can find it), I've just started this one and don't know yet.

Rock n roll , thanks , just ordered one on Amazon for 0.01 pence ! Sounds interesting ..

• Like 1

sounds like you been there before. :)

how else could you postulate such a thought.

going to heaven?

what goes to heaven? Death? :P

be careful what you watch on TV. and read on wikipedia. too.

You know, CT, I'm having a little bit of trouble trying to digest your statements here.

I thought you were buddhist? You fly the buddhist avatar..

Are you an expert on Heaven?

I don't think you are quite trolling, but your post is filled with dichotomy, especially since you are willing to put down others who use the term "Heaven", yet you don't seem to understand your own belief system (or missing parts). Or perhaps your version of Buddhism does not include the Pure Lands?

Perhaps you could explain to us the "Pure Lands", Amitabha, and the idea that the Pure Lands are the abodes of Buddhas and Bodhisatvas.

Is not becoming a Buddha the end of rebirth? And then, if one does become a Buddha, wouldn't he/she then be able to take up residence in a Pure Land and remain there if they so desired?

How could you postulate such a thought?

Pure Lands?

Sounds like you have never been there before.

What goes to one of the Pure Lands? Death? :P

:ph34r:

Personally I don't think we can gods, not here, not now.

Sure we could. We'd need unlimited energy and unlimited intelligence, both of which are in our grasp, but we spend more on duck dynasty merchandise and bush beer than we ever would to fund their development.

It is only suffering if you resist the experience you are having. I have absolutely no clue about the Buddhist saying: "All of life is suffering"

It doesn't mean that everything is horrible and nobody is ever happy. What it means is that no amount of input from life can make you truly happy, the nature of samsara is dissatisfaction.

If all your desires are met, eventually you will return to your normal level of happiness and have new desires.

But consider all 4 noble truths together:

1)Samsara is dissatisfying.

2)The cause of this is craving.

3)This can be transcended through the noble 8fold path.

4)Through the 8fold path you attain nirvana - which as I've explained is not separate from samsara, was always there and doesn't imply ceasing to have an experience in samsara!

So if we look at the 1st noble truth in its wider context, this apparently grim and pessimistic statement is transformed into meaning this:

Dissatisfaction isn't good, but renunciation from realising you aren't satisfied is.

A lot of people seem to think Buddhism is nihilist and depressing because of misunderstanding this and some of the hyperbolic language around it.

Actually, Buddhism says that you can be content if you stop mistakenly looking for something you don't have to make you happy - hardly a moping viewpoint!

But you have to notice that you aren't really content, before you can allow yourself to stop seeking stuff to make you happy.

• Like 1

You know, CT, I'm having a little bit of trouble trying to digest your statements here.

I thought you were buddhist? You fly the buddhist avatar..

Are you an expert on Heaven?

I don't think you are quite trolling, but your post is filled with dichotomy, especially since you are willing to put down others who use the term "Heaven", yet you don't seem to understand your own belief system (or missing parts). Or perhaps your version of Buddhism does not include the Pure Lands?

Perhaps you could explain to us the "Pure Lands", Amitabha, and the idea that the Pure Lands are the abodes of Buddhas and Bodhisatvas.

Is not becoming a Buddha the end of rebirth? And then, if one does become a Buddha, wouldn't he/she then be able to take up residence in a Pure Land and remain there if they so desired?

How could you postulate such a thought?

Pure Lands?

Sounds like you have never been there before.

What goes to one of the Pure Lands? Death? :P

You know, TI, i am not really prospecting for anything when i made that post.

Unless you are, i suggest that you leave your cocky attitude behind should you want to really engage with others meaningfully. Maybe you are the way you are, and if so, i can accept that, but that does not mean i'd like to discuss any questions that you may have.

Your insinuations are foolish, childish and even ignorant at times, and i'm really sorry to spell this out so plainly, but its been at the back of my mind for quite a while now.

Things you say, like, "Are you an expert on heaven", and "you fly the buddhist avatar" -- what exactly are you trying to elicit from statements of this nature? And, not sure if you are aware or not, but this pattern is evident in almost all your posts with those whom you detect to have some level of disagreement with you regarding some of the things you tend to like to talk about on TTB.

You don't seem to able to handle or make room for others in seeing things differently than you. For example, someone could write of some mystical experience they had which happen to interest you. You would then ask some leading questions regarding said experience, and if it happens to coincide with your experiences, you demonstrate your delight and elation at having found another poster who confirms your experience (of whatever) but if that person comes back to post some understanding of that experience in words or terms that are somehow different to yours, you would gradually go into this mocking pattern which takes on a severity by degrees as the discussion goes on.

This is what i have observed. I know this post wont go down well with your ego, but, hey, be a man and suck it up eh. Maturity comes with being able to disagree on things and still carry on a decent enough conversation without having to resort to cynical arrogance and passive-aggressive attempts to undermine others based on what you perceive as inadequate (or maybe superior) to your views.

You know, TI, i am not really prospecting for anything when i made that post.

Unless you are, i suggest that you leave your cocky attitude behind should you want to really engage with others meaningfully. Maybe you are the way you are, and if so, i can accept that, but that does not mean i'd like to discuss any questions that you may have.

Your insinuations are foolish, childish and even ignorant at times, and i'm really sorry to spell this out so plainly, but its been at the back of my mind for quite a while now.

Things you say, like, "Are you an expert on heaven", and "you fly the buddhist avatar" -- what exactly are you trying to elicit from statements of this nature? And, not sure if you are aware or not, but this pattern is evident in almost all your posts with those whom you detect to have some level of disagreement with you regarding some of the things you tend to like to talk about on TTB.

You don't seem to able to handle or make room for others in seeing things differently than you. For example, someone could write of some mystical experience they had which happen to interest you. You would then ask some leading questions regarding said experience, and if it happens to coincide with your experiences, you demonstrate your delight and elation at having found another poster who confirms your experience (of whatever) but if that person comes back to post some understanding of that experience in words or terms that are somehow different to yours, you would gradually go into this mocking pattern which takes on a severity by degrees as the discussion goes on.

This is what i have observed. I know this post wont go down well with your ego, but, hey, be a man and suck it up eh. Maturity comes with being able to disagree on things and still carry on a decent enough conversation without having to resort to cynical arrogance and passive-aggressive attempts to undermine others based on what you perceive as inadequate (or maybe superior) to your views.

I see you become an expert (or think you have) on Tibetan Ice's posting behaviours.

Yes, I am mocking you. I am challenging you.

Instead of attacking the messenger (I really don't care about your opinion of me), why don't you address the questions instead?

Your statements in this thread imply that you know more about "Heaven and rebirth" than the person you were looking down at.

Well, prove it to me.