SriChi

Why end rebirth?

Ah! An arguement! May I join in?

Hehehe. Just joking. I have naturally been staying away from this thread. I just popped in to see what was happening. I'll go away now.

If the idea is that the rebirth happens because of what wasn't completed in the present life, then the process isn't about what one desires or a hope in a continuence of the self.

It is one way to frame the incomplete in a manner that can be acted upon.

Getting to the point of return (reincarnation) or not not mattering is a process in and of itself.

The point is, it doesn't matter if you want to or not; one simply chooses not to choose as you have~ how wonderful!!

The point of ignorant fearful motivations to the contrary, fearsome love will get you far, Sri❤

One such as you could very well transcend the whole issue~ but do look into it as you are so doing because it is a very abysmal hop, skip and jump (and not in a bad way).

Just so we're all on the same page. What does ending rebirth, mean to you? Poof, we're completely gone? Memory and soul? A simple complete off switch?

Every major Eastern religion agrees that the means for this is ending the afflictions which drive the process of transmigration.

thelerner, on 26 Sept 2013 - 22:08, said:snapback.png

Just so we're all on the same page. What does ending rebirth, mean to you? Poof, we're completely gone? Memory and soul? A simple complete off switch?

Every major Eastern religion agrees that the means for this is ending the afflictions which drive the process of transmigration.

Are you saying Yes, its a complete switch off? or hinting at something else?